Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060392 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2018
Battery Balancer/Equalizer.
HA01...............(24v) ₦12,000
HA02................(48v) ₦23,000
*Free delivery.
*Payment on delivery.
NB Only in Lagos State.
*There will be a discount on more than one unit.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2018
kiekie1:
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state (T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N13,000
12v 150a.......N10,000
12v 100a.......N6,500
2v 500a.......N5,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state (T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N13,000
12v 150a.......N10,000
12v 100a.......N6,500
2v 500a.......N5,000

Contact,
081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2018
bigrovar:

I got 2 low power ceiling fan from Juo about 4 days ago and I am been really impressed by their performance. The lowest speed for the fan is about 5w (I checked with my battery monitor) and the max speed (which is faster than any ceiling fan has any right to be) is 40w. At a speed level of 1 to 5 I often find 2 to be sufficient for all needs. 3 4 and 5 are just too insane for me. Speed two is about 10w. I did a video comparison with a conventional fan which I will share with a proper review very soon

sorry for taking long. Here is the video of the dc fan in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APUNR5FEozM

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, wrong audience
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
house, tubular batteries eg Eastman, and flooded batteries eg Trojan. are they of the same technology. if not could someone give some review on the 2. personal experience can also guide us before we port from dry cell.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
samnaija:
house, tubular batteries eg Eastman, and flooded batteries eg Trojan. are they of the same technology. if not could someone give some review on the 2. personal experience can also guide us before we port from dry cell.

Hmmn! The new model yellow caplet Trojan flooded durability can't be graded with Eastman,genus,sukam,nexus etc tubular batteries. When it comes to thicker cell plate formation, low self discharge ,cyclic usage, weight, smart carbon tech, partial state of charge effects in on-grid or off-grid applications, equalization voltage in datasheet etc. Datasheet are available online or pm me for trojan datasheet OK. Dnt mind bag of rice in pic background at the waybill company smiley.. Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
samnaija:
thanks in advance

Quick Overview:
Model: J200RE with Bayonet Cap
Battery: Flooded/Wet Lead-Acid Battery
Capacity: 12V 200Ah / 20Hr Rate

Cyclic Use: 30% DOD - 2750 cycles
Cyclic Use: 50% DOD - 1750 cycles

Dimensions (LxBxH): 380mm x 176mm x 352mm

Terminal Height: 371mm

Weight: 60kg

Bulk Charge: 14.82V, Float charge: 13.5V, Equalization Charge: 16.20V

Color: Maroon (case/cover)
Material: Polypropylene

N145,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:44am On Oct 04, 2018
You asked for personal experience - the Trojans & USBs are no doubt premium with plenty of R & D and smart tech behind them but a good value for money option would be the Luminous in my own opinion - except you are getting the premium batteries at the same price (deep discount - under 120k) you may find that any benefits of premium were already factored into the premium price you paid and the effective service life is no better.

samnaija:

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceland(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2018
Good morning house.
Please I need help.
Have a problem with my solar inverter system.
Last Sunday came home in the night with the batteries fully discharged (red battery light on inverter) as I left a bulb on for 2 days security reasons.
I suspect my batteries may be weak. Almost 2 years now.
However since then its been a challenge getting the system charged via solar, charges with gen (phcn unfaithful this week).
My questions are:
1. How can I know if the issue is with the solar panels or charge controller or batteries.
2. The inverter is supposed to prevent deep discharge, could it have failed?.
Sorry a total novice in inverter terms but I noticed this morning on the epver charge controller the sign shows power leaving battery to bulb but no sign of power entering.
Will snap and attach for clarity. Kindly help a novice brother.
Thanks
Additional: moon sign by the left of the charge controller meanwhile sun is up now!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
peaceland:
Good morning house.
Please I need help.
Have a problem with my solar inverter system.
Last Sunday came home in the night with the batteries fully discharged (red battery light on inverter) as I left a bulb on for 2 days security reasons.
I suspect my batteries may be weak. Almost 2 years now.
However since then its been a challenge getting the system charged via solar, charges with gen (phcn unfaithful this week).
My questions are:
1. How can I know if the issue is with the solar panels or charge controller or batteries.
2. The inverter is supposed to prevent deep discharge, could it have failed?.
Sorry a total novice in inverter terms but I noticed this morning on the epver charge controller the sign shows power leaving battery to bulb but no sign of power entering.
Will snap and attach for clarity. Kindly help a novice brother.
Thanks
Additional: moon sign by the left of the charge controller meanwhile sun is up now!

What time of the day was those pictures taken?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceland(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oshomo12:

What time of the day was those pictures taken?
Around 7.
But same situation up till now.
In a layman's language seems the panels not connected or supplying power.
I think it could be cables disconnected.
The coy that installed not good with after service
Suspecting the rainstorms of last week might have done something

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
@peaceland the panels are not connected to the controller. Kindly look for an electrician around to check the cables. Check the voltage at the terminal of d controller(panel voltage). Do this and we know what next.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceland(m): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks greatly,
That's what I am suspecting too.
Thanks a lot

Oshomo12:
@peaceland the panels are not connected to the controller. Kindly look for an electrician around to check the cables. Check the voltage at the terminal of d controller(panel voltage). Do this and we know what next.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
Any one using the make sky blue mppt cc. Seems it has great reviews and highly affordable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by surrogatesng: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
Brand new 42 inch Led Tv for sale.Power consumption is just 30 watts.Good quality.It works with mtn lumos or other solar systems.Price is 75,000 Naira.For more information call 07068410532,08170368264
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2018
Namzy:
Any one using the make sky blue mppt cc. Seems it has great reviews and highly affordable

Yes I had the 40 amp model for 2 years
quite good on efficiency and ease of settings but highly doubt durability based on how it is constructed - ( fan cooled with plenty of holes in casings)

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
HURRY !!!

Bluegate 1kva 12v (fairly new) pure sinewave power inverter with DC LED meter attached for battery monitoring. Recently upgraded in an office. Neatly used with front nylon protection seal & board has never been worked on !
FEATURES;
-Selectable 10/20a charge current
-Pure sinewave inverter
-ups/inverter selectable mode
-Safety DC breaker for wrong polarity
-Improvised LCD battery volt meter
-wide input range(120-280vac) for phcn & generator charging
APPLICATION;
-For home use
-For office use
-For CCTV surveillance use
-Poultry farm use etc ..

Price: N30,000

Bluegate 2.4kva 24v fairly used power inverter
Intelligent long time mode
Fully digitized microprocessor controlled
Wide input voltage window
Energy saving function with UPS green mode
Short circuit and overload protection
Cold start
Intelligent battery management
Compatible with generators
SMD technology
Frequency rating: 50Hz
Voltage range[Input]: Inverter mode: 120-300VAC/ UPS mode: 145-285VAC
Phase: Single phase
Frequency range: 38 - 70Hz
Output Power:1440W
(Battery mode): 220VAC+10%
Frequency (Utility mode):same as utility
(Battery mode): 50Hz+1Hz
Waveform (Utility mode):Tracking utility
(Battery mode): sine wave
Power Factor:0.8
Protection: Overload/short circuit/overheat
Transfer time: 6ms
N25,000

Fairly new USA morningstar tristar 60a solar controller working perfectly .. N35,000

Fairly used SEC 250a made in UK inverter battery...N65,000

WHATSAPP::: https:///send?phone=2348170385620

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2018
Good morning Guru in this house, I am currently using 2.5kva 36v luminous inverter with 3 pieces of 12v 150a batteries but mostly my batteries voltage drop from full (5 bars) to 3bars ie 38.3v even without any load.
Please, help me with advice.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2018
At 5 bars, what voltage was it?

garbamaza:
Good morning Guru in this house, I am currently using 2.5kva 36v luminous inverter with 3 pieces of 12v 150a batteries but mostly my batteries voltage drop from full (5 bars) to 3bars ie 38.3v even without any load.
Please, help me with advice.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2018
SolnergyPower:
At 5 bars, what voltage was it?

39.5v = 5 bars
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2018
From experience, those bars don't usually give the real state of the batteries. You may need independent testing.

In the meantime,

Do you notice any drop in your backup time?

How long have you been using the batteries?

Thanks.

garbamaza:

39.5v = 5 bars
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
garbamaza:

39.5v = 5 bars

12.7v is about normal standby voltage for most batts when connected even at zero load
39.5v = 13.1v, few batts can hv thios voltage at standby when connected to load.

u can disconnect the batteries and check for voltage of each individual battery, if you have a load tester, also use it to check the individual batts.
one or more batts may be damaged,
standby voltages of my agm long batts is about 12.9v when fully charged, and may drop to 12.8 after 1 or 2hrs..of zero/negligible load.

has the run time of the inverter reduced?. what is the charging algorithm of the inverter?
does it have battery selector switch?
what is the recommended charging setpoints for your battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
garbamaza:

39.5v = 5 bars
Looks like "float" voltage while charging. Have no fear, your batteries appear fine (rigorous testing won't allay much).

38.3V looks more like the resting potential. Even at that, it's kinda high for lead-acid chemistry cells, even with the regular additives.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hi guys, badly in need of some advice here grin

Saw this device online and I'm wondering if it can work with my luminous 12volts 220amp tubular battery for a smooth desulfation process, meaning there would be no need for equalizing charge(my inverter does not
Equalise)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:45am On Oct 07, 2018
Namzy:
I have been using it since 2015. Super cool controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 6:04am On Oct 07, 2018
olatade:
Hi guys, badly in need of some advice here grin

Saw this device online and I'm wondering if it can work with my luminous 12volts 220amp tubular battery for a smooth desulfation process, meaning there would be no need for equalizing charge(my inverter does not
Equalise)
Have not seen this before any reviews? Meanwhile some people still believe desufators are snake oil but if u insist you can get the more popular powerpulse. I intend to buy it on black Friday to test ie if it's cheaper that day

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Valto(m), emmaniche, Dharyhor, Ayomipoe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.