Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060454 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919 for Industrial Power Back Up Equipment

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Namzy:
I have a problem house 'well don't know whether I'll call it a problem' I have 340w x 4 solar panels on a 24v system with 2x luminous tubular batteries 220ah with a fangpusun 100/50 problem is my total watts in my house is about 450w[ps4 occasionally] minus the microwave and iron obviously for this I put the max charging current @ 30a but at that current I am not utilizing the full solar panel watts. Is there a way to leave it @50 and then somehow get a device to limit charging current at 25a also sometimes if there is available utility the inverter and the charge controller gives a combined charge current of about 38a which is dangerous. And utility is necessary to power the old split unit and for charging @ night......what to do?

For how long have your luminous batteries been serving you? I use similar batteries so i want to know if they're reliable as I've been made to believe

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
ojeysky:

Package received after paying 10,700. How they arrive at the figure remain unknown to me but I just needed to retrieve the package so didn't ask much questions.

One down from the required ingredients now many more to get

So I am starting with 4 250W flames panel. I have gotten an SPD as well. Now am wondering what kind of cable I should procure. My colleague said I should get a 6mm amoured cable which has both negative and positive and earth. Is that the right cable for my setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2019
Quick sale of a used Yohako Charge Controller

24/48V, 40amps

N20,000 (Negotiable)

Lagos - 0818-242-4406

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2019
olatade:

For how long have your luminous batteries been serving you? I use similar batteries so i want to know if they're reliable as I've been made to believe
Being using mine since Sept last year.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2019
ojeysky:

So I am starting with 4 250W flames panel. I have gotten an SPD as well. Now am wondering what kind of cable I should procure. My colleague said I should get a 6mm amoured cable which has both negative and positive and earth. Is that the right cable for my setup?

Bump!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2019
ojeysky:

Bump!

The cable size you are asking of is it for the connection of the PVs to the solar charge controller? If yes, what's the distance between the PV and the charge controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2019
mctfopt:

The cable size you are asking of is it for the connection of the PVs to the solar charge controller? If yes, what's the distance between the PV and the charge controller?

Yes and the distance is about 12 meters.
Please kindly also recommend if I should get a circuit breaker and the specification. Fyi I already got an SPD.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
My latest upgrade!
Seems my tinkering days are almost over grin

5 Kva Victron Quattro Inverter
250/100 Victron SmartSolar CC
150/85 Victron Smartsolar CC
Venus GX
Zeihl UFR1001E Anti-Islanding relay
Carlo Gavazzi ET112 energy meter
Victron energy BMV712 Battery monitor
5.2kw Solarworld panels
1.8kw Canadian panels

The system is running ESS Assistant with 50 watt grid import allowed, no export.

I've got 3 DBs;
Main DB powered by the grid only
Base DB on AC1 output (Essential loads)
Aux DB on AC2 output (also controlled by battery soc)

System is running smoothly, tweaking still ongoing grin

Before the second coming, I shall definitely switch to lithiums.

A few pictures... Disregard the messy wiring, there's still beauty in chaos tongue

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
NoMoreTrolling:
Quick sale of a used Yohako Charge Controller

24/48V, 40amps

N20,000 (Negotiable)

Lagos - 0818-242-4406

Mppt or pwm?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Barezzi:
My latest upgrade!

Venus GX
5.2kw Solarworld panels
1.8kw Canadian panels

The system is running ESS Assistant with 50 watt grid import allowed, no export.

I've got 3 DBs;

A few pictures... Disregard the messy wiring, there's still beauty in chaos tongue

Why no export allowed? Nice specs. Victron is a rugged boy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
ojeysky:

Bump!
There's an app on playstore called SOLARCT. It's a nice app and have calculations for your needs including solar panel tilt angle. I think the developer tried with that app

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NoMoreTrolling: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
Trippledots:

Mppt or pwm?

It says MPPT, there's really no way I can verify though.

When we had it in service, our panel voltage was about 65V, feeding into a nominal 48V system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Barezzi:
My latest upgrade!

Venus GX
5.2kw Solarworld panels
1.8kw Canadian panels

I've got 3 DBs;

Nice set up. Good job bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
hotdealz:
What's the name of your fan? Maybe I should buy your type instead and use normal laptop battery on it.

Its Royal.
As you can ser..the batteryy compartment is super
Small

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2019
Barezzi:
My latest upgrade!

Venus GX
5.2kw Solarworld panels
1.8kw Canadian panels

I've got 3 DBs;

Guy done taya to dey thinker. A beg reach me back stage, this calls for celebration.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by seyekan(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2019
Safe power 850kva 12V hybrid inverter for sale.
#50k negotiable.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2019
AVAILABLE!

Canadian solar panels 300w mono "limited qty"... 60k
Monbat battery 200a "March production date" ..... 145k
Canadian solar panels 375w mono ....... 67k
Quanta 200a Batteries........ 127k
Fullriver 200a Batteries........120k
Ritar 200a Batteries .............115k
Mercury 200a Batteries .......95k

Contact,
Smartcellglobal services
081-350-319-51
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2019
Namzy:

There's an app on playstore called SOLARCT. It's a nice app and have calculations for your needs including solar panel tilt angle. I think the developer tried with that app

Okay thanks, found the tool useful. I have ordered a 10mm 2 core amoured cable.
Meanwhile has anyone used sunfit solar panels before? Anyone with experience of it compared to flames will be appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2019
ojeysky:

Yes and the distance is about 12 meters.
Please kindly also recommend if I should get a circuit breaker and the specification. Fyi I already got an SPD.
Thanks

OK. I'd suggest you use a cable up to 10mm, just buy the flexible copper type mostly used by welders.

The Voc determines the minimum voltage rating of the disconnect switch: for a 14 series 36v PV system the breaker disconnect voltage will be
14 × 36 V = 504V, so a 600V dc breaker will do.

As per the current, if Isc of each panel is 8.5A as they are in series the maximum current obtainable is 8.5A, you'd multiply this by 125% which gives 10.625A which you can round to the nearest standard current size of 16A. So you'd require a 600V 16A dc breaker for this configuration.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Discounted prices

300watts mono solar panel - 45k
250/260watts mono solar panel-36k
200watts mono solar panel - 33k
150watts mono - 25k
100watts mono - 21k
80 watts mono - 19k
325/300watts mono - 50k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
mctfopt:

OK. I'd suggest you use a cable up to 10mm, just buy the flexible copper type mostly used by welders.

The Voc determines the minimum voltage rating of the disconnect switch: for a 14 series 36v PV system the breaker disconnect voltage will be
14 × 36 V = 504V, so a 600V dc breaker will do.

As per the current, if Isc of each panel is 8.5A as they are in series the maximum current obtainable is 8.5A, you'd multiply this by 125% which gives 10.625A which you can round to the nearest standard current size of 16A. So you'd require a 600V 16A dc breaker for this configuration.

Thanks I have an SPD that has 600Voc, is it the same thing with what you've stated above? Here is the reference of the SPD I have:

https://www.otowadenki.co.jp/eng/products/pdf/LS-YPV6012S%20%20LS-YPV10012S.pdf

Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
Namzy:

thanks for sharing.
its also available on apkmirror, in case you wish to match different versions.

its true, it is quite a resourceful app. has sections for cable size, panel spacing, basic calculations like how to connect batteries in series/parallel, running hours of battery bank based on load in use, connection of panels, voltage drop e.t.c . much better than some paid apps like PV toolbox. its best used with a phone that has a magnetic compass. a similar apk is called "photovoltaic power plant/SOLARPE" by Pedrot Garcia martin. it also helps calculate spacing for multiple strings of panels either on the ground or on roof tops. it also has an inclinometer to assist in getting correct angle of tilt based on your GPS coordinates.
it fetches your insolation data from NASA website. (pvgis Africa apk will do the same, it links to the website to accept long/lat inputs for your location)

there is also an app (SUN POSITION DEMO & SUNCALC) that allows you to check possible lines of shading on your site as the sun passes overhead during the day. you pay a token to unlock features to save sun path for any day of the year. default status is only for the current day when in use. it gives sunrise & sunset times, but the sun path feature is most welcome when choosing where to site your panels.

hope this helps too.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:00am On Jun 24, 2019
ojeysky:

Thanks I have an SPD that has 600Voc, is it the same thing with what you've stated above? Here is the reference of the SPD I have:

Regards

The calculation is just for the setup I described. You can always interpolate with your own specific setup data to get what you require. I hope this helps.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2019
mctfopt:

The calculation is just for the setup I described. You can always interpolate with your own specific setup data to get what you require. I hope this helps.

Sorry I think I may not have asked my question correctly, is an SPD same thing as circuit breaker?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2019
lexi28:

thanks for sharing.
its also available on apkmirror, in case you wish to match different versions.

its true, it is quite a resourceful app. has sections for cable size, panel spacing, basic calculations like how to connect batteries in series/parallel, running hours of battery bank based on load in use, connection of panels, voltage drop e.t.c . much better than some paid apps like PV toolbox. its best used with a phone that has a magnetic compass. a similar apk is called "photovoltaic power plant/SOLARPE" by Pedrot Garcia martin. it also helps calculate spacing for multiple strings of panels either on the ground or on roof tops. it also has an inclinometer to assist in getting correct angle of tilt based on your GPS coordinates.
it fetches your insolation data from NASA website. (pvgis Africa apk will do the same, it links to the website to accept long/lat inputs for your location)

there is also an app (SUN POSITION DEMO & SUNCALC) that allows you to check possible lines of shading on your site as the sun passes overhead during the day. you pay a token to unlock features to save sun path for any day of the year. default status is only for the current day when in use. it gives sunrise & sunset times, but the sun path feature is most welcome when choosing where to site your panels.

hope this helps too.

Good stuff ! It's a very useful app.. I mostly use 7-10° tilt with aid of angular solar support for steep slope roofs ! Very steepy roof installations face a lot of losses unlike flat roof designs to be honest ! DNT know if am the only one>> when I sight building designs with high key poles ,I mostly frown whilst calculating pv losses angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2019
ojeysky:

Sorry I think I may not have asked my question correctly, is an SPD same thing as circuit breaker?

Nope SPD differs from an MCB ! We have all in stock if interested

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello,

Is this still available, is it subject to negotiation?

ola28:
These items are for sale

1) USED Victron Energy Quattro Inverter & Charger 48/8000/110 - 8KVA 900k

2) USED Victron Energy Bluesolar(No Bluetooth and No display) charge controller 150V 85A 130k

3) USED VICTRON ENERGY COLOR CONTROL GX SYSTEM MONITOR 130k

pls contact Ola on 09057285592
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2019

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
[quote author=bodeface post=79639204]Hello,

Is this still available, is it subject to negotiation?

YES
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
ojeysky:

No, an SPD is a surge protective device. It prevents surge or instantaneous current either as a result of fault, thunderstorm, etc from damaging our equipment.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2019
ojeysky:

Regards

No; what has been described is the item labelled "DC Switch" in the .pdf file you attached.

P34c3

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: QuoteJust1nce, Polaris1, damilonya(m), sintolord(m), alosbaba007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.