Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,271 members, 7,957,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2298960 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1810) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
kie kie: @Dunka ,,, kindly call my visible mobile number for further/detailed price briefing et enquiries ! Thanks
ok will do so. Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dunka: kindly call " 08135031951 " for detailed enquiry ! THANKS

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 5:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,

is it possible to set a cyberpower inverter to NOT charge the battery. I want to reduce my electricity bill and only have the solar panels charge the battery bank. I have the yellow 5kva version

For Abuja residents too, i have some number of good no name 200amp batteries for sale if anyone's interested. PM me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:33am On Sep 26, 2013
i think if u turn off the ac input from the wall socket..it will stop charging.....tres simple shocked

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2013
earthrealm: i think if u turn off the ac input from the wall socket..it will stop charging.....tres simple shocked

Lol, of course.... I don dey old ooooo embarassed

Anyway to disable the beeping?

Thanks @earthrealm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
ooh urs beeps while the inverter is working on batteries?........that's a bad design if so.....na glorified ups be that.
mine only beeps twice when phcn comes and twice whenever phcn restores power...........luminous 1.5kva

open the inverter and see if u can locate the beeping thing..if its easy to disconnect..then do the deed...if not.......call in the pros
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
fikfik:

Lol, of course.... I don dey old ooooo embarassed

Anyway to disable the beeping?

Thanks @earthrealm

fikfik,

it is easy to disable the beep on your cyberpower inverter. just depress the round display button
at the front for about four seconds (the one you use to toggle between different modes) and you're
done.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Brand New TELECOMM Batteries now in STOCK !!!!!!

Powersafe 12v 190ahms (2012)
Shoto 12v 180ahms (2012)
Shoto 12v 150ahms (2012)
Agisson 2v 500ahms (2012)

CALL FRANKIE 08135031951 NOW FOR SUPPLIES #Thanks#
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2013
earthrealm: ooh urs beeps while the inverter is working on batteries?........that's a bad design if so.....na glorified ups be that.
mine only beeps twice when phcn comes and twice whenever phcn restores power...........luminous 1.5kva

open the inverter and see if u can locate the beeping thing..if its easy to disconnect..then do the deed...if not.......call in the pros

Ah, glorified UPS, no o. Nah cyber power o. and the PRO version at that. the beeping isnt constant and annoying like a normal UPS.

Uncle George has also helped confirm it can be switched of by depressing the toggle button.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
fikfik, earthrealm, all,

inverters come in different forms, shape and configurations. for whatever reason, cyberpower decided to include a beep sound
as part of their inverter model's features. i think this in no way detracts from the functionality or otherwise of the product.

interestingly, this beep feature was well explained in their oem user manual with clear directions on how to turn it off. a little
time invested in reading this manual could have gone a long way in providing necessary guidance in that regard.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2013
George_D: fikfik, earthrealm, all,

inverters come in different forms, shape and configurations. for whatever reason, cyberpower decided to include a beep sound
as part of their inverter model's features. i think this in no way detracts from the functionality or otherwise of the product.

interestingly, this beep feature was well explained in their oem user manual with clear directions on how to turn it off. a little
time invested in reading this manual could have gone a long way in providing necessary guidance in that regard.

Thanks @George, I did read the manual, just that i had forgotten about that feature. Also probably wanted to utilize the resources we have here in getting a faster reply than researching into my options. Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chilling with uninterrupted supply, 80hrs so far, I hope to hit 4 days autonomy and thereafter break the record of sukam after 99hrs 59mins 59secs...Pictures on the way...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yeah...sign of accomplishment!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
bodejohn,

congrats on your accomplishment. with this set up, you should be home and dry when the rains finally recede, i.e in the next coming
months when the sun will be up almost daily.

cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2013
@bodejohn congrats. kai oga george skata my head u don join ur own. okay o. i de salivate. i cant wait for my next upgrade. trury i am encouraged
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
all,
i saw this article about failing solar panels and decided to share it with the house.
and for those of us so quick to embrace those cheap solar panels presently being peddled around, the question then is:

what will they be worth in another two or three years? well, maybe not more than pieces of shiny glass on your roof!

Solar Industry Anxious Over Defective Panels

LOS ANGELES — The solar panels covering a vast warehouse roof in the sun-soaked Inland Empire region east of Los Angeles were only two years into their expected 25-year life span when they began to fail.

Coatings that protect the panels disintegrated while other defects caused two fires that took the system offline for two years, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenues.

It was not an isolated incident. Worldwide, testing labs, developers, financiers and insurers are reporting similar problems and say the $77 billion solar industry is facing a quality crisis just as solar panels are on the verge of widespread adoption.

No one is sure how pervasive the problem is. There are no industrywide figures about defective solar panels. And when defects are discovered, confidentiality agreements often keep the manufacturer’s identity secret, making accountability in the industry all the more difficult.

But at stake are billions of dollars that have financed solar installations, from desert power plants to suburban rooftops, on the premise that solar panels will more than pay for themselves over a quarter century.

The quality concerns have emerged just after a surge in solar construction. In the United States, the Solar Energy Industries Association said that solar panel generating capacity exploded from 83 megawatts in 2003 to 7,266 megawatts in 2012, enough to power more than 1.2 million homes. Nearly half that capacity was installed in 2012 alone, meaning any significant problems may not become apparent for years.

read more here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/business/energy-environment/solar-powers-dark-side.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
pls...am still waiting for close up pics of how you installed ur panels on the roof
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
bodejohn: Yeah...sign of accomplishment!

wow, nice one.
how many batteries you have?
whats your average load size ?
what the make/capacity of your inverter?
are you using hybrid charging or solar only?
how many panels and wattage now?

Abuja residents, I have new cyber power inverter and zenith batts for sale incase anyone needs. PM me for details
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
earthrealm: pls...am still waiting for close up pics of how you installed ur panels on the roof

Hi,
How "who" installed?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
fikfik:

wow, nice one.
how many batteries you have?
whats your average load size ?
what the make/capacity of your inverter?
are you using hybrid charging or solar only?
how many panels and wattage now?

All your questions I answered with the SLD I uploaded some few pages back, kindly check it on page 54.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2013
BY WHO...I MEAN ANYBODY......... am about installing my panels on the roof.....learnt its not good to keep it directly on the roof top..that one should construct a rack and place them on the rack..then the rack is now fixed to the roof.............that's the pic I want to see..'the rack' am installing mine in the village...so everything is on me full DIY!!! grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
ok, have seen pics..this is what I was looking for

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
hi everyone....i dont want to be leftout in the upgrading train. i av decided to upgrade to 3kva sukham. i .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2013
this morning inthe spirit of upgrading...i climbed up thr panels and changed to 2 by 2 config. i made a shocking dicovery. one of my panels had been dead outputing less than 20v insted of 36v. i was cofused and i consoled myself. i removed the panel and connected the remaining 8. on getting down i decided to get dirty by opening the back cover. i discoveref water had damaged the connecting plates. that discovety brot great relieve...at least problem i dentified. i scrspped the rusted part and resoldered . my panel is back. i returned up in joy and istalled the remaining two now making ten up there. on completing the installation i can now boast of 1050w as displayed by my controller. my name plate power is 10 by 120w panels. so on a cloudy day like today..an getting 1050...i think thats ok.

morale of my story....guys pls watch out for the rubber that protrcts the panel terminals from water contact...ensure that its firm. mine was already open that how water gained access.

pictures soon as my sukham is less than two hours from here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
\stiill firing...1150W as displayed by my controller. total pv power is 1200w. . power loss has been grately reduced by my upgrade. oga george thanks for d call yesterday. kissam still waiting for my sukham....its almost 3pm now and my bp is getting high.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
abunafiu,
congrats! this is the more reason why we have to constantly monitor our systems to ensure they are performing
as expected. 1150w out of 1200w nameplate is not bad at all.

as for the sukam, you got to relax your nerves. i'm sure it will be delivered before the day runs out.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
delivered....unpacking...report back soon
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
see, i told you so! ok, congrats once again.

take your time and study the manual that came with it.

it'll save you a lot of unnecessary stress in the long run.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by regymola(m): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
sathob, can I get your contact? Tnx
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
sukham commission successful. charge controller displaying 1160W . out of 1200W...thats 96 percent efficiency. investment worth it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » 25k (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » 45k (USA STANDARDS)

MULTIPOWER puresinewave Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

CALL FRANKIE NOW 08135031951 #serious clients only#
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1810) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: adrusa, EduTechTainMent and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.