Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2067823 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ifecx4real: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
ceaser:

First is that you left out the info (specs) of the luminous inverter.

More important is that you left out info of your loads or at worst describe the gadgets that will be placed on the inverter and the back up time (duration of time- runtime after full charge) you desire

After those are boxes are checked, then people can drop a point or two on your panel requirements, battery backup requirements and possible upgrades in inverter if there is necessity to be tailored to your load.

Luminous delite 900V inverter and 150A battery

Load capacity I use is btwn 350w-500w

Currently achieve 7_10hrs backup time

Reason I want to get solar is so I can achieve 24hrs backup time and also charge with solar instead of nepa.

Would need assistance and advice on panels, mppt and any other info to achieve charging the inverter via solar only and 24/7 backup time
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
BetaTechnicians:

That's good, but do you have any cheap pure sine wave inverter?
Those ones with small capacity like 300-500watts
Yeah I have 500watt and that’s 10k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
saint2ace:

Am also interested
Ok. It’s 10k sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
ifecx4real:

Luminous delite 900V inverter and 150A battery

Load capacity I use is btwn 350w-500w

Currently achieve 7_10hrs backup time

Reason I want to get solar is so I can achieve 24hrs backup time and also charge with solar instead of nepa.

Would need assistance and advice on panels, mppt and any other info to achieve charging the inverter via solar only and 24/7 backup time
I sell quality solar panels and MPPT charge controller, that’s if you want to buy from me. And I sell at affordable price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
60amphs, 12-48volts, felicity solar charge controller available, #90 000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
3.5kva, 48volts felicity pure sine wave inverter available, #140 000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
30watt felicity ALL in ONE solar street light available, #80 000. Contact us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
justcallmenuel:

Ok. It’s 10k sir

Can we see a picture?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
Penuelseun:
why don't you just screnshot the link and post it as a picture

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
ceaser:

Okay. Thanks.

I ordered this but how do I get the DC adapter, is it sold locally?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
saint2ace:

Can we see a picture?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
[quote author=justcallmenuel post=85193669][/quote]

This is a modified sine wave inverter na, unless am mistaken

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
saint2ace:

This is a modified sine wave inverter na, unless am mistaken
That’s what he wants.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
justcallmenuel:

Yeah I have 500watt and that’s 10k
I am interested, pictures please and are you sure it is pure sine wave?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
BetaTechnicians:

That's good, but do you have any cheap pure sine wave inverter?
Those ones with small capacity like 300-500watts

justcallmenuel:

That’s what he wants.

Please find attached his request which I also showed interest, he specified small capacity pure sine wave
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pizapato(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2019
justcallmenuel:
That’s what you need sir
Please can this inverter work with 150-200AH battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
pizapato:

Please can this inverter work with 150-200AH battery?
Yes sir, that’s what I’m using in my office. But you won’t allow it carry much load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2019
[quote author=justcallmenuel post=85193669][/quote]

Pure sine or. Modified??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:21am On Dec 25, 2019
I read here, some posts back that mixing poly and mono pv modules result in lesser efficiency...and i am wondering why.

Apart from mismatched Electrical specifications what else could be pls?

Here is a link where someone posted that the type of cell doesn't matter as long as they are well matched when used.

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/solar-panel-talk-information/new-members-please-introduce-yourselves-here/15208-mixing-mono-and-polycrystaline-panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:33am On Dec 25, 2019
saint2ace:

I ordered this

I hope you ordered from the seller that has the genuine product. I've had a genuine one working well for almost 2 years now. 3 months ago, I ordered a cheaper offer which was a perfect imitation from another seller and the way it functioned showed that it's not the real deal. In fact the power bank begun acting up on the 3rd week of use. I just filed dispute immediately and got my money refunded fully.

but how do I get the DC adapter, is it sold locally?
What DC adapter is that?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:56am On Dec 25, 2019
May this festive season sparkle and shine, may all of your wishes and dreams come true, and may you feel this happiness all year round. Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year in advance to y’all. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 6:13am On Dec 25, 2019
ceaser:

I hope you ordered from the seller that has the genuine product. I've had a genuine one working well for almost 2 years now. 3 months ago, I ordered a cheaper offer which was a perfect imitation from another seller and the way it functioned showed that it's not the real deal. In fact the power bank begun acting up on the 3rd week of use. I just filed dispute immediately and got my money refunded fully.

What DC adapter is that?

The connector cable from power bank to the appliances...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:17am On Dec 25, 2019
Trippledots:
I read here, some posts back that mixing poly and mono pv modules result in lesser efficiency...and i am wondering why.

Apart from mismatched Electrical specifications what else could be pls?

Here is a link where someone posted that the type of cell doesn't matter as long as they are well matched when used.

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/solar-panel-talk-information/new-members-please-introduce-yourselves-here/15208-mixing-mono-and-polycrystaline-panels

hmmmm, i was the one who said that.
did you read&digest the link you posted??
The person i was advising isnt so knowledgeable..and i followed the KISS principle, i still dont see anything wrong in the advice i gave the fellow

06-16-2014, 11:50 PM PNJUNCTION
As long as they are within about 10% or less of the voltage to each other, in PARALLEL, you won't have much loss, and they can be of differing capacities.

If in SERIES, they need to be within about 10% or less of the current ratings, otherwise the smaller capacity panel will limit the overall current.

Mono or Poly doesn't matter as long as either the voltage or current specs (usually a 10% or less window) is observed.

On a side note, if your panels come with oem gauge wiring, and the small one is very small and placed in parallel with the large one, and the system isn't fused, then the small gauge wiring if shorted, becomes a flammable fuse when taking on the full current from the large panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2019
ceaser:

kindly confirm the original sellers name. this is the link you posted.
where did you buy the batteries and for how much?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32217002781.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.3c643c00IbSZH8&mp=1
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2019
May your world be filled with warmth and good cheer this Holy season, and throughout the year. Wish you a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life ! The true heart of Christmas is one of wonder and warmth. MERRY CHRISTMAS From Smartcell Global Services .

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to the house!

May our day be filled with joy and laughter. Hope we enjoy this season with plenty fun and merriment... Enjoy every moment of your day guys!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to all men (and women) of goodwill in the house.
As we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, may this season
bring joy, peace and abundant sunshine to all our homes. May the solar system
realign itself to our favour. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
saint2ace:

The connector cable from power bank to the appliances...

Aha! Now I get you.

If yours didn't come with it, then I'm 90% correct that you probably bought the product from one of the sellers that sell the imitation. The link I posted is that of the original guy and he sells with the adapters. Trice have I bought from him till date.

The only time I bought the cheaper alternative from another seller that turned out to be an imitation was the only one sold without the adapters.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2019
ceaser:

Aha! Now I get you.

If yours didn't come with it, then I'm 90% correct that you probably bought the product from one of the sellers that sell the imitation. The link I posted is that of the original guy and he sells with the adapters. Trice have I bought from him till date.

The only time I bought the cheaper alternative from another seller that turned out to be an imitation was the only one sold without the adapters.

Mine hasn't landed yet, just asking so I know for sure when it arrives. But thanks for the heads, I'll surely let u know how it goes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
It's time to take a look at your solar panels, the dust is here, again. embarassed

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Queed and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.