Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2067281 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:00am On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:
@ceaser

You're indeed wise! grin grin grin

Lifepo4 it's really the bomb and worth investing on... I chose the this battery for my small setup which did cost more than if I had used lead acid battery.

I bought mine directly from the factory and it cost me 140k for 12v 100ah though, not yet connected to solar yet but I charge with a Lifepo4 grid charger of 14.6v 20a supplied along with the battery which charges full in five hours if completely drained.

I have a 600w stand alone inverter which display function is really great. My battery charges to 14.4v but holds load of 78w at 13.1v and can go like that from 9am till 7pm and still have 12.9v or 12.8v.

This load include: 32" TV=67w, GOTV decoder=18w and ceiling fan=20w

For some reasons I can't explain my inverter power's this load all at once at lower power than the real power of this load put together which is suppose to be 67+20+18=98w
So instead of having a power consumption of 98w from the display I get 78w. Please I'll appreciate if anybody can explain this...

Now one thing worth mentioning is, the inverter is 100% power efficient. It reads 0w at idle state.

Seriously Lifepo4 is the real deal, just can't wait to go off grid. Already have a smart MPPT SCC secured ahead...

Keep enjoying the sweetness of LFP bro. It seems your own supplier has been tested and trusted and you have shown that a direct purchase is a possibility. I might need to explore your own channel of acquisition for direct purchase soon cos I don't think I can be patient to wait till June when the supplier consignment will get to Nigeria (if he places order March, it'll take like 3 months for arrival, according to him)

@ the bolded. I have explained it here before that I noticed that phenomenon.

Usually your load of 97 watts is at 12v nominal battery supply to the inverter. But as the battery voltage rises, the calculated wattage consumption commensurately reduces and vice versa. Hence you have around 78 watts consumption at around 12.8v/13.0v Inverter battery power.

If you can lay your hands on a lead acid battery that will supply you around 12.2v/12.3v to the inverter, connect it and check the wattage output on the inverter. You'd realize that it will have risen to close to your expected 97 watts consumption.

By the way, a new set up I'm planning is for an inverter AC. It's gonna be a 24v system and the power inverter has been secured. The AC and the MPPT controller are also on the way. The battery of choice is 2pcs of 24v 120ah LFP which cost 235k each.

Abeg give me all the info about that your inverter. Name, specs, source and how to get it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:42am On Jan 17, 2020
mctfopt:

Oh, thought you imported it. What is the make of the MPPT SCC that you using for the lithium batteries?

How's the user experience? Is it living up to the hype of lithium batteries? A colleague imported this type of batteries some years back. It turned out the place he got it from used low quality lithium batteries, the experience wasn't so good.

Bro, the UX has been fantastic so far. I have working AGM batteries that I have decommissioned lying redundant, although they'll come in handy in my experiments.

Lithium ti take over

The Nigerian supplier of the battery is so cocksure of the quality of the product he sells. After the purchase of LFP from the supplier, I thought of the possibility of getting it for less if I eliminated the middleman syndrome and decided to research the manufacturer myself.

I went on Alibaba, searched for Gold Bohai battery manufacturers and got a hit. They actually have very good track records and ratings on the website. I communicated with them and realized that direct purchase will only pay if I was importing large numbers of the consignment. Importation for personal use as is in my own case will amount to about that same cost I purchased from that 9ja supplier, so I suspended the idea for now.

The MPPT controller is 60amp PowMr, got for 23k off of AliExpress. Got here in 5 weeks, should have been 3 weeks but the seller re-sent it after an initial rejection and return from the China inspection team (according to him).

The only downside to this SCC is that while it has an editable LVD it lacks an option for HVR (High Voltage Reconnect). The PWM SCC that I used hitherto has user editable LVD and HVR and I was able to use this to seamlessly control the inverter to switch on and off according to battery SoC.

Using it with lithium, I had initially disregarded the suggestion to select the "Lithium/other battery settings" for certain reason - I see scenarios where I may need to tinker, which may involve swapping back an AGM for the LFP into the set up and then forget to revert SCC charging settings back to AGM mode. So since the 14.6v sweet spot for the LFP charging falls around the charging range of the default SCC Lead battery charging which is 13.6v (float) to 14.5v (boost), I decided to use the default; after all one of the 60amps LFP has done well on a PWM SCC with default 14.5v AGM charging setting.

That stubbornness woulda cost me the LFP if the BMS did not have a high voltage protect function. The 900 watts solar panel got enough power down such that after the charging reached 14.5v, there was apparently some transient moments of overshoots and the LFP displays 15.0v/15.5v which immediately sends the battery alarm beeping and shuts down the BMS. Thank God I was home to notice this. Note that I did not have this issue with PWM SCC which expectedly are controllers with poor efficiency.

So I had to immediately change charging setting on the MPPT SCC from the default AGM charging setting to the Lithium charging settings, and also edited the maximum charging voltage from 14.5v to 13.9v.

Pls whoever is on Lithium should take note of the bolded. Due to the efficiency of MPPT solar controllers, it's advisable you select lithium settings and edit it to the manufacturers recommended charging voltage for your battery.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:56am On Jan 17, 2020
spartacus11:

Was the shipping cost with UPS up to 10k?

Cost shipping included was the 43k5. It's just the custom 3k5 thingy that increased the price.

And on a second thought, I feel the UPS guy may have lied about there being customs charges because he didn't issue me any receipt in respect of that. In fact he collected cash. Shit! I just realized this now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:12am On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Cost shipping included was the 43k5. It's just the custom 3k5 thingy that increased the price.

And on a second thought, I feel the UPS guy may have lied about there being customs charges because he didn't issue me any receipt in respect of that. In fact he collected cash. Shit! I just realized this now.
cheesy
The excitement of getting your packaged delivered after days of waiting must have made you not to give it much thought at that time.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Runx: 7:13am On Jan 17, 2020
Trippledots:

Can dis be done? Fesr no gree ne connect any wire to my fangpusun since o
I have victronconnect v1.14 that come with firmware v.1.16 if you are comfortable with it. It will not ask you for any update.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Bro, the UX has been fantastic so far. I have working AGM batteries that I have decommissioned lying redundant, although they'll come in handy in my experiments.

So I had to immediately change charging setting on the MPPT SCC from the default AGM charging setting to the Lithium charging settings, and also edited the maximum charging voltage from 14.5v to 13.9v.

Pls whoever is on Lithium should take note of the bolded. Due to the efficiency of MPPT solar controllers, it's advisable you select lithium settings and edit it to the manufacturers recommended charging voltage for your battery.

Thank you for the comprehensive reply, you just answered my question on why I wanted to know the MPPT SCC, I wanted to see if it has features like ability to set charging voltage, as mistakes in charging voltage can lead to the failure of the expensive batteries. Do share with us when the battery gets back to the market. Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:17am On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:
@ceaser

Lifepo4 it's really the bomb and worth investing on... I chose the this battery for my small setup which did cost more than if I had used lead acid battery.

I bought mine directly from the factory and it cost me 140k for 12v 100ah

Seriously Lifepo4 is the real deal, just can't wait to go off grid. Already have a smart MPPT SCC secured ahead...

Care to share the link of the shop or contact address of this factory?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Keep enjoying the sweetness of LFP bro.. The battery of choice is 2pcs of 24v 120ah LFP which cost 235k each.

Abeg give me all the info about that your inverter. Name, specs, source and how to get it.

I am interested in the 24v lithium, do you mind sharing more details? Looks like lithium are trending towards affordability
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:
@ceaser

Now one thing worth mentioning is, the inverter is 100% power efficient. It reads 0w at idle state.

How were you able to determine how much the inverter consumes on idle? Since the inverter consumption is not part of what is displayed on the inverter screen. Am interested to know this as I want to check what mine consumes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:
@ceaser

I bought mine directly from the factory and it cost me 140k for 12v 100ah though, not yet connected to solar yet but I charge with a Lifepo4 grid charger of 14.6v 20a supplied along with the battery which charges full in five hours if completely drained.

I have a 600w stand alone inverter which display function is really great. My battery charges to 14.4v but holds load of 78w at 13.1v and can go like that from 9am till 7pm and still have 12.9v or 12.8v.

This load include: 32" TV=67w, GOTV decoder=18w and ceiling fan=20w

For some reasons I can't explain my inverter power's this load all at once at lower power than the real power of this load put together which is suppose to be 67+20+18=98w
So instead of having a power consumption of 98w from the display I get 78w. Please I'll appreciate if anybody can explain this...

Can we get links to the seller you got the battery and especially the inverter from?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:

That your devices are rated at such power doesn't mean they'll consume that exact power immediately they're switched on, sometimes they'll consume far less, especially when you're not using them at maximum settings.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Usually your load of 97 watts is at 12v nominal battery supply to the inverter. But as the battery voltage rises, the calculated wattage consumption commensurately reduces and vice versa. Hence you have around 78 watts consumption at around 12.8v/13.0v Inverter battery power.

If you can lay your hands on a lead acid battery that will supply you around 12.2v/12.3v to the inverter, connect it and check the wattage output on the inverter. You'd realize that it will have risen to close to your expected 97 watts consumption.

Bro, I don't understand how you got to link an AC load with battery voltage, based on what theorem?
like it was said the other time when you made this postulation, it lacks water.
If you want to prove it, do so by placing a watt meter permanently on each device then vary the conditions as you think they affect, then call us to class cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ojaysport: 10:02am On Jan 17, 2020
I just bought this lento tabular battery, does anyone know about this brand, how strong and reliable is it?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Thanks Bro kindly share pics of d inverter or a screenshot from the store in Aliexpress u got it from
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malix: 11:17am On Jan 17, 2020
tivta:

For you to complain then it is finished. You and George D have been trend setters here and are largely trustworthy, let's just hope the newbies take heed to your advice

Kiekie is a con man and I wonder why people still do business with him

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
200amphs dekka solar battery available, #130000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
LITHIUM BATTERY!

Felicity 24v 200ah lithium batteries. 3000 cycle life and can also be paralled !

Price : N300,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
kiekie1:
LITHIUM BATTERY!

Felicity 24v 200ah lithium batteries. 3000 cycle life and can also be paralled !

Contact,
081-350-31951

No offense intend but I have my doubt that this is truly 200AH lifpo4. Have you done a stress test to actually confirm if you can hervest close to 200AH from it when it's fully charged?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oliyeniun: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
its so amazing that despite the well known fact that kiekie has been called a conman, he still freely posts items for sale on this forum. are there no measures to curb these kind of people on this forum? Just curious

kiekie1:
LITHIUM BATTERY!

Contact,
081-350-31951

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
I have been eyeing this lithium thing for a while now and with these recent reviews, my mind is 80% made up to go for it. I just have to do a little more research to get all the answers I need. I might start with a small pack though, say 60ah.

I noticed there is lithium -ion and lifePo4 and some other lithium batteries. I read lithium-ion is the one with the tendency to catch fire, so going for LifePo4 is a safer option. Correct me if I am wrong @Caesar, simydan and other gurus here.
In practice, how far can you really discharge this type of battery? 50%?, 80%?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
ojeysky:

No offense intend but I have my doubt that this is truly 200AH lifpo4. Have you done a stress test to actually confirm if you can hervest close to 200AH from it when it's fully charged?

I got the info and datasheet directly from Felicity firm ! They also offer warranty on the product Sir

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
kiekie1:

I got the info and datasheet directly from Felicity firm ! They also offer warranty on the product Sir

You will not get past this. I am on your case 24/7. Dubious Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
ceaser:

Keep enjoying the sweetness of LFP bro. It seems your own supplier has been tested and trusted and you have shown that a direct purchase is a possibility. I might need to explore your own channel of acquisition for direct purchase soon cos I don't think I can be patient to wait till June when the supplier consignment will get to Nigeria (if he places order March, it'll take like 3 months for arrival, according to him)

By the way, a new set up I'm planning is for an inverter AC. It's gonna be a 24v system and the power inverter has been secured. The AC and the MPPT controller are also on the way. The battery of choice is 2pcs of 24v 120ah LFP which cost 235k each.

Thanks for the enlightenment! I really do enjoy reading your post...

I would have loved to bring in a very strong competition here because of the knowledge I have with products and cost advantage but don't have the capacity for now.

I'll really like to assist anybody who's bold enough to trust me in getting related products at an affordable price. Note that transaction and shipping period is usually a month or less...

For my kind of Inverter, I'll post the pictures for detail's and spec but it's quite pricey for a stand alone inverter...

I will really like to connect with you sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
3.5kva, 48volts kartel pure sine wave inverter is available, #110000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
218litres Bona deep freezer available, #160 000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
mctfopt:

Care to share the link of the shop or contact address of this factory?

My battery is build by Sendon power, They're on alibab...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
ojeysky:

How were you able to determine how much the inverter consumes on idle? Since the inverter consumption is not part of what is displayed on the inverter screen. Am interested to know this as I want to check what mine consumes

Actually, if your inverter has a display that shows your load wattage, you should be able to see the load consumption as you add individual load.

To get the idle consumption, unplug all the load and see if there's still any reading on the display. If you get a reading then, that's you inverter idle consumption. If the reading is zero then, it means your inverter is 100% efficient.
What it means is that, it doesn't drain your battery when there's no load on it.

This pics shows mine with a load and without load.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:

My battery is build by Sendon power, They're on alibab...

Thanks, can I have the link? How was the shipping cost?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
saint2ace:

Can we get links to the seller you got the battery and especially the inverter from?

I can help you get it if you want...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:

Actually, if your inverter has a display that shows your load wattage, you should be able to see the load consumption as you add individual load.

To get the idle consumption, unplug all the load and see if there's still any reading on the display. If you get a reading then, that's you inverter idle consumption. If the reading is zero then, it means your inverter is 100% efficient.
What it means is that, it doesn't drain your battery when there's no load on it.

This pics shows mine with a load and without load.

I think the best bet is to check the no load DC draw of the inverter when it is not handling any load.
This is simple to do, just put on the inverter with no load, then place a clamp on the battery terminals and check the no load current draw, then multiply whatever you get with the battery's voltage to determine the power consumed on no load. This is the idle power of the inverter, of course the inverter's display won't show this.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
simydan:

I can help you get it if you want...

DIY forum...peeps usually love to do it themselves. No offense. So if it won't be much of a problem, you can always share your source. But if peeps still wants you to help them source it, by all means they are always free to contact you.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
mctfopt:

Thanks, can I have the link? How was the shipping cost?

Go to alibaba type sendon on the search space, you'll get their products... For shipping it about 30k

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.