Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2091807 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
jmaine:

Predictable counter move... . grin grin
not really a counter move. but a post from someone who spent almost 3 months, waiting for his battery to be replaced. see here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4550958/strictly-discounted-prices-solar-power/9#85079805

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lahotade: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2020
truthbetold22:

Young man, stop acting like a sisy. Someone here cheated you or attempted to cheat you. Then choose to stop picking your calls. Instead of naming and shaming him, you are here doing someone reputable here.

Kiekie, your time will come when we ll run you outta Nairaland. I have had personal dealings with you too and you are arrogant, proud, dubious, non-chalant and rude. You are only interested in the next sale and the profit. After that, you dont give a damn. There are now too many sellers on nairaland to even consider Kiekie AKA Mrsdaniel.

Nairalanders, avoid kiekie for your peace of mind. There is juo, zeestone, niyi, solardepot and quite a lot more reputable and civilized sellers on here.

A word is enough for the wise.

I feel the succinct. The earlier we come together and wage war against this dubious man, the better for us.

Frank! kiekie!! is a man to flew from. Beware!

If you want to know more about him, do personal investigations.

Many nairaland fake accounts will soon surface to drop unsolicited deceiving review in his favour.

Fellow compatriots, avoid transacting with him to avoid setting your hard earn currency on fire.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2020
Valto:
not really a counter move. but a post from someone who spent almost 3 months, waiting for his battery to be replaced. see here>>> https://www.nairaland.com/4550958/strictly-discounted-prices-solar-power/9#85079805

At least there was resolution at the end, also note shipping is involved, you know how shipping from AliExpress can turn out sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
Lahotade:

I feel the succinct. The earlier we come together and wage war against this dubious man, the better for us.

Frank! kiekie!! is a man to flew from. Beware!

If you want to know more about him, do personal investigations.

Many nairaland fake accounts will soon surface to drop unsolicited deceiving review in his favour.

Fellow compatriots, avoid transacting with him to avoid setting your hard earn currency on fire.

You guys should come out clean abeg, State fact and figures! Someone will complain and not tell us full story what do we gain from half information..

Beware of what!! State them make we all learn!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jmaine: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
Valto:

Bros forget, we know how this things works... E don tay...

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lahotade: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dam5reey:

You guys should come out clean abeg, State fact and figures! Someone will complain and not tell us full story what do we gain from half information..

Several names has been mentioned, if you want us to give you links and phone numbers we will do that.

He is not the only seller here, we need to expose the evil dealer.

No peace for the wicked.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
earthrealm:

Ok email sent, you may edit ur email addy .
Thank you very much sire. God bless you for your selfless service
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lahotade: 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dam5reey:

If you aren't convinced on all this, put your resources together and do business(es) with him.

Experience is the best teacher.

If you haven't experience poverty, you will believe it's a child's play.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solasola(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
tonididdy:

Thanks sire.
From the explanations on the first page but using a calculation of 6hrs sunlight. I need 350w panel to sufficient provide my needed wattage hours. This means I may need an extra 150 or 100w panel.

Insert is my CC details.

that your cc looks familiar. I have a similar one. You can still add another 150w, meanwhile, check your current amp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
tonididdy:

Good morning sir.
I wish I can study more about your last sentence. Tye installer installed the change over switch in this setup. He said it's for emergencies or if I wanted to run (on NEPA or gen) heavy devices like the pump machine, iron, microwave.

I'm really very amaturic in all of this. The panel setup I looked is negative- to negative notted together and positives + notted together. I believe if I get new panels I just have to do same (or am I wrong?)

Whoa! Why does your installer need to cut off the easy MC4 plug and play accessories that came with the panels and then joined wires the more difficult way? Or are there downsides to using MC4 that I probably am not aware of?

This is disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
ojeysky:

The issue has been determined and partly resolved. Anyone with suggestions on how best to clean solar panel surface, especially ones above human reach by default?

I read some literature about antidust coating, anyone with experience on it?

Had some 4pcs 150 watts flames panels in parallel on a 30amp PWM SCC on a 12v system. Max yield on most days had been between 180-200 watts.

Last week I noticed serious drop in SoC of the battery such that the LVD that used to clock in at 8:30pm suddenly changed to 5:30pm. WTF!

I proceeded to clean panels (roof mounted) using the usual home mopping stick with extended handle, soaked with water. I climbed a ladder

That didn't solve the problem, but I later found the culprit to be a poor connection at the solar input terminals on the SCC which unfortunately had possibly produced some sparks which melted terminal and distorted the terminal screws placement. Unable to unscrew the spoiled terminal and not having a replacement 30amp SCC, I resorted to a crude manual connection at the terminals, a rather poor solution.

Thankfully, a 60amp MPPT I ordered weeks ago got delivered in the nick of time. I changed panel config to 2s and added two more 150 watts panel (everything now 2s3p). I have been getting 43amp nominal input and around 650 watts on the SCC.

As I type, battery has refused to leave 12.9v and it is still headed to a 12.4v LVD.

MPPT is sweet!
Lithium is sweet!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
earthrealm:

can you help me with the ecopy manual of this cc?
or anybody dat has it

If you are on AliExpress, search for any seller that has the product and ask them to send the manual to your email. Give the impression that you are interested in the product and may purchase it from his store but that you need the manual ahead to be sure it meets your desired specs.

You may need to try more than one merchant because even though they all mostly answer queries, they do so at different speeds, probably cos of the language barrier thingy. So trying more than one merchant will guarantee that you'll at least find one that will reply you within the hour.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
tonididdy:

Hello sir. Good evening. Thanks for taking time to reply me, I do understand replies are based on time factor.

My setup is just one 220AH battery, 12v system... The installer said it's a setup for mostly night usage and I have to compliment it with NEPA and Gen. I believe a full charge on the CC will be 50v (forgive my ignorance).

At night we use between 13.1v to 12.2v at night by dawn according to the CC readings.

Am not an electrical guy, it's hard for me to understand these terms and usage.

I will take your advice and add a 150w panel. I hope it doesn't blow up my battery.

If 13.1v to 12.2v range of use satisfies your usage as you posited, then that isn't bad performance. 12.2v is around 50% DoD which falls within the recommended use.

What you just need to find out is if your solar panel input is adequate to boost charge and and float the battery every blessed day. You especially require scheduled equilibration for that tubular battery type and I am not sure that PWM SCC has such setting in its programming.

Another thing you need to worry about is if in case you have adequate performance from your panels this dry season, will the rainy season promise such adequate performance? This may call for an oversizing of your panels and of course with commensurate upgrade of your SCC to higher (around 60 amps) or change to an MPPT SCC altogether.

And as per your PWM SCC or battery blowing up from an extra 150 watts, from my own experience and usage, I have once had 4 x 150 watts 1s4p config (600w total) on a 30amp PWM SCC with 100amp AGM battery for months and yáwá no gas. It just that the efficiency wasn't optimal.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2020
solasola:
like I posted earlier, the more you look, the less you see. I will prefer to buy direct from company if possible. Alaba guys have all stickers you can imagine. from bottom to top. thinking of making my own panels by my self soon.

Does flames have their accredited company here in Nigeria?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:13am On Jan 16, 2020
tonididdy:

I enjoy to read from you bro and would love to read from everyone else too.

Yes you are right, going by what I read on page 1 that a 100w panel is actually producing way less than 100w considering quality factors.

In that note I calculated my panels of 150w will "maybe" Actually be producing 112w angry this means I have 112+112w and my calculations later on says I need 350w ( I reduced the sun hours to 6hrs against 7hrs earlier used and used an efficiency of 0.75 (75%).

This means my setup still needs an extra 126+wattage... Using 6hrs of sunlight.

Correct me if I am wrong but this boils down to my question. Using my provided details of my CC, can she carry 3panels with a sum of 450w according to company labels? Even tho calculation says they are 112w each (making a total of 336w).

Your 30amps PWM SCC will survive 3 pieces 150 watts panel parallel connection.

Try to use good guage wires too (not less than 6mm), since you'll be subsisting on 12v solar panel input.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2020
earthrealm:

edit: i saw the Voc as being 50v, na there wahala dey, i guess ur 150w 12v panel has Voc of 18v, thus you cant put then in series, as it would be 54v Voc, ur only option is to run them in parallel @ 18v, and that defeats the mppt fxn of the cc, and would require thicker cables as well, what best suits ur scenario is 2 x 230w 24v panels in parallel

His SCC is PWM o, not MPPT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2020
truthbetold22:

Young man, stop acting like a sisy. Someone here cheated you or attempted to cheat you. Then choose to stop picking your calls. Instead of naming and shaming him, you are here doing someone reputable here.

Kiekie, your time will come when we ll run you outta Nairaland. I have had personal dealings with you too and you are arrogant, proud, dubious, non-chalant and rude. You are only interested in the next sale and the profit. After that, you dont give a damn. There are now too many sellers on nairaland to even consider Kiekie AKA Mrsdaniel.

Nairalanders, avoid kiekie for your peace of mind. There is juo, zeestone, niyi, solardepot and quite a lot more reputable and civilized sellers on here.

You left out the new entrant "justcallmenuel" that is doling out some very serious competition.

Buyers have been giving good reviews and ratings of his customer approach sha. We await their reviews quality-wise.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:30am On Jan 16, 2020
Dam5reey:

I got this deal.

Idle current is just 26Watts, Effeciency at 60% load is 90+%

Hmmm. That idle consumption though.

That's the consumption of an energy rating 32 inches TV.

I guess it's high cos it also has an in-built charger.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 1:27am On Jan 16, 2020
Please has anybody tried this automatic change over and does it really work?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

Hmmm. That idle consumption though.

That's the consumption of an energy rating 32 inches TV.

I guess it's high cos it also has an in-built charger.

For me it's fair enough grin, what type of inverter at same rating can give lower than that?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Lahotade:

If you aren't convinced on all this, put your resources together and do business(es) with him.

Experience is the best teacher.

If you haven't experience poverty, you will believe it's a child's play.

Experience always differ, I do read reviews and rating about products, you see people rating a product good and some will still put 1 start. Same product some liked another disliked..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2020
Dam5reey:

For me it's fair enough grin, what type of inverter at same rating can give lower than that?

2000 watts (4000w surge) 12v PSW with an idle of 15 watts.

That's one of the inverters I have installed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:43am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

Had some 4pcs 150 watts flames panels in parallel on a 30amp PWM SCC on a 12v system. Max yield on most days had been between 180-200 watts.

In this case your Voc will most likely be affected as well. However in my case I was getting over 250v which is to spec. It's the amps that was significantly affected, cleaning didn't do much though like you've rightly observed but tilting helped. For those who says a flat setup was fine, I don't think so as I saw improvement when I tilted a bit. Unfortunately I am limited on extent of tilting so I don't cast shadow on other panels. I will just make do with my 6kw harvest

MPPT is sweet!
Lithium is sweet!

Yes to mppt, the lithium thing I have not experienced, so how many amps of lithium are you using and how much did it cost you?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:43am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

His SCC is PWM o, not MPPT

Yeah, i later saw that.
My issue is that 50v is the rated input of the cc.
The Voc of most 12v panels is abt 18v, linning up 3 in series should give 54v, wch is above cc rating...
Wudnt this damage the CC?

I hv damaged a morning star mppt cc, when i lined up 4 x 250w panels Voc of 38v or so in series. It worked ok for over 2months, till 1 day i get a call that inverter is down.
I go and cc is dead. I contacted morningstar corp usa, and explained truthfully what i did, they said thats what killed it, and refused to honor the 5yr waranty

So since then, i jejely dont play with Voc

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

Lithium is sweet!

Interesting, what type of lithium battery setup are you using?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

If 13.1v to 12.2v range of use satisfies your usage as you posited, then that isn't bad performance. 12.2v is around 50% DoD which falls within the recommended use.

What you just need to find out is if your solar panel input is adequate to boost charge and and float the battery every blessed day. You especially require scheduled equilibration for that tubular battery type and I am not sure that PWM SCC has such setting in its programming.

Another thing you need to worry about is if in case you have adequate performance from your panels this dry season, will the rainy season promise such adequate performance? This may call for an oversizing of your panels and of course with commensurate upgrade of your SCC to higher (around 60 amps) or change to an MPPT SCC altogether.

And as per your PWM SCC or battery blowing up from an extra 150 watts, from my own experience and usage, I have once had 4 x 150 watts 1s4p config (600w total) on a 30amp PWM SCC with 100amp AGM battery for months and yáwá no gas. It just that the efficiency wasn't optimal.
Am so so happy to read this. It's everything explained in one quote. Thanks very much.

Please can I ask you; seems you have used this exact CC before, please when exactly is full charge?... @what voltage? I do know 11.0v is low batt3.

As for the upgrade to a more powerful SC, sure coming later this year. I would be making a trip soon and I will love to quote peeps like you with options of the MPPT SC I found and advice on which to get.

Thanks again. Very helpful.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2020
solasola:
that your cc looks familiar. I have a similar one. You can still add another 150w, meanwhile, check your current amp
Thanks much... Please how do I check the amps? (Forgive my ignorance), and also, how do I know what a full charge is? Is it in voltage?, if yes! @what voltage please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2020
ceaser:

Already looking good grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2020
SOLAR/INVERTER ACCESSORIES!

1) Timer switch, Programmable with LCD... 9,000

2) USA mnspd AC or DC ...... N50,000

3) Solar DC or AC surge protective device .... N10,000

4) 63a double pole DC breaker .... N10,000

5) 63a single pole DCB .....N5000

6) 40a double pole DCB.....N9,000

7) 63a din rail change over ....N10,000

cool 63a programmable AVR with LCD..N10,000

9) 63a programmable AVR with LED....N8,000

10) 20a plug & play AVR ........... N8,000

11) Solar MC4 connectors .............N600

12) Solar 2in1 connectors ..........N2,500

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2020
1 MONTH PROMO OFFER!

Quanta 12v 200a made in India battery .
Direct India quality standards with attached warranty card ! Weight : 64/65kg "see attached snapshot" !

Unit price : 116,000
4 units above : 115,000

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:43am On Jan 16, 2020
More quanta pictures ...
Serial number on battery is also same on warranty card & comes with a year standard warranty!

.. Keep your orders coming as usual , Amen !!!

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2020
truthbetold22:

Anybody that has been on the platform for some time and had personally dealt with Kiekie already knew who that post was referring to. It is not the first nor would it be the last that complaints have occurred and continue to reoccur most especially his high pressured sales tactics and price gouging. Meanwhile, we thank God that there are now so many options and choices to go with. A word is enough for the wise. Haba jamaa I thought he would have changed by now but until all his sales are affected on Nairaland he may never learn how to operate a business on a social media platform where negative feedback can be fatal. I don talk my own. Newbies beware and ask before you commit your hard-earned funds to KIEKIE for any supply has no single drop of integrity in him and any promises of warranty or after-sales service is false and woe betide you if the product has any defect you are OYO. sad

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1709) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: uctomide(m), Hero2t, Drgreatone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.