Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059457 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2020
ojeysky:

The experiment seem to say otherwise and on the basis that it's not good to always charge an LFP to 100% I think between 13.6 and 13.8 may be better in the long run.

I quite agree with you in the sense that LFP doesn't really need to be charged 100% full.
Even at 14.4V it's still not at 100% that is why the BMS is very important to see that the battery doesn't achieve a 100% full charge, keeping it at 95% - 99% charged.

Its wise to keep your charge voltage under due to fact that your charging device may not have LFP charge function.

I just hope our LFP BMS are top notch to be able to save us from unforeseen situations that may arise due to mistakes or faulty chargers.

If you have opportunity to get a full charge is a plus since it's around 3.6V per cell and still very safe and doesn't affect battery life.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
Valto:
fairly used APC 24V 1500VA pure sine wave inverter UPS for sale at affordable price. whatsapp 0802-0574-628

fairly used rubitec mustpower powerstar 24V 3000w pure sine wave inverter for sale
features - 70amps adjustable charging current, 9 battery type selector, remote control function option, power saver option.

Prices?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Godliftedme: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2020
Good afternoon Nairalander DIYers.
Please, I need the expertise of the experts in the house.
I have two arrays of panels properly matched to two Fangpusun CCs FM60 & FM80. Both arrays are separated to its own CC and both are connected to same battery bank of 48V 200AH (4 X 200AH AGM Battery).
The system is intended to charge the battery for the night backup while the bulk of the installation is going to be used up during the day, the array is over sized for the battery bank.
My challenge is how to setup the charge controllers considering that the two CC are rated differently as 80A and 60A. I will appreciate enlightenment about which settings I have to set up on the charge controllers, I will like the two CC to share the loads.
The battery information is as follows;
AGM Deep Cycle
Model: MML12 – 200
Rating: 12V, 200AH
Charge at 25oC (constant Voltage) Float: 13.6 – 13.8V, Cycle: 14.4 – 15.0V
Initial Charging current less than 60A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by starpower(m): 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
ojeysky:

Am just curious, how come it's that heavy? can you share reference to the battery as it must be built with some very heavy metal.

148K is half the weight of acid lead types. You can deeply discharge this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by starpower(m): 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2020
Topmost11:
Has anyone ever dismantled this sunking box? What battery is in it, Li-on?
LiFeo

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
tchijioke:

Happy Birthday Manuel...wish you many more fruitful years ahead.
Thank you sir, much appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2020
starpower:

LiFeo

Sure?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
justcallmenuel:
Thank you God for giving me another year of life.
Thank you for the experience of this past year.
Many congratulations on my new year/age
May God give me an amazing, exciting productive and adventurous life that I really desire to have.

Cheers� to a new beginning and chapter of my life.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE CEO OF MANUEL SOLAR ENERGY ENTERPRISES!!!

Your wishes will be greatly appreciate, thanks.
Happy birthday to you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
starpower:

148K is half the weight of acid lead types. You can deeply discharge this.

I wasn't asking about the weight relative to lead acid, I was asking relative to other LFPs, it seem to be overpackaged thereby making it heavier unnecessarily cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
I need a good 1.5kva to 2.5kva hybrid inverter with MPPT CC (used or new). It should have adjustable voltage settings
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
Good day everyone, please where can I get 12kw/48v 3phase Hybrid Inverter? Thank you all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2020
Penuelseun:
Happy birthday to you
Thank you sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AyarmBoye(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2020
Good evening sirs... Please can a 650v ups effectively charge a 18amps battery.......please I need ur replies
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:44am On Jan 26, 2020
oliyeniun:
Hello house,

Please i am trying to install a solar panel system for my parents, can you recommend a good solar installer in Ilorin?

Secondly, I want to ask if anyone can help with the schematic drawing for hybrid inverter connection. I am not an expert but I try to read up, and from my readings, it seems that the connection of solar hybrid inverter is different from the normal solar-inverter connection.

Thirdly, I assume I don't need a charge controller if I am using a hybrid inverter...please help clarify.

Lastly, what is the recommended cable size and type for connection from the panels to the inverter....this is so that if I don't get a recommended installer, I can at least monitor the one I can manage to get to ensure a good connection.

Thanks house.

Apologies... Just seeing this. Been away from this section for a long time now.
Yes I'm in Ilorin.
I'm sure your system would have been up and running now.
You can always call me incase u need some extra help anytime.

0hate033hatehate1hate10

that's my number. Hate means 8 bro.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:29am On Jan 26, 2020
AyarmBoye:
Good evening sirs... Please can a 650v ups effectively charge a 18amps battery.......please I need ur replies
No, it will be very slow
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 6:27am On Jan 26, 2020
1. Anyone with 16mm dual cable?

2. I want to change from 12v to 24 v inverter. Since I already have 60a pwm and 60a mppt CC, do I go for hybrid inverter or ordinary inverter .

3. Pls recommend a inexpensive but good inverter of 1.5 to 2.4 kva based on 2 above.

4. Anyone using inverter gotten off aliexpress that is pure sine wave that meets 3 above? Pls share the link.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by starpower(m): 6:39am On Jan 26, 2020
Topmost11:

Sure?
Selling them before
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 6:43am On Jan 26, 2020
This birthday, I'm once again reminded of the bountiful joy that I've reaped from my family and friends, and how blessed I'm to have so much love from everyone around me, thank y’all from the bottom of my heart.. it’s all love ❤️ from this side!!

Shalom!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 6:45am On Jan 26, 2020
ceaser:

Okay. Thanks.

Hello Ceaser how do you know when Ur bank is full? Been charging since yesterday and it's stuck at 12.7v.

By the way, got the cable and accessories from AliExpress, so far it works okay on my laptop but really doesn't last, guess my 18650 batteries are bad.

Anyone with good deals on original 18650 batteries.?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AyarmBoye(m): 8:29am On Jan 26, 2020
Penuelseun:
No, it will be very slow
Alright thanks.... So what do I do? Buy a battery charger? Which one is best for such battery... Thanks... Happy Sunday
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2020
Penuelseun:
No, it will be very slow
Cc ayarmboye

Read it well. He said 18ah battery..going by the 10% batt charging re. This implies 1.8amps.
Am fairly certain a 650va ups will be outputting something close to that.if not more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 11:15am On Jan 26, 2020
ojeysky:
I need a good 1.5kva to 2.5kva hybrid inverter with MPPT CC (used or new). It should have adjustable voltage settings

Ok. It’s available, Do well to reach us on whatsapp on our signature (below)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:20am On Jan 26, 2020
justcallmenuel:
This birthday, I'm once again reminded of the bountiful joy that I've reaped from my family and friends, and how blessed I'm to have so much love from everyone around me, thank y’all from the bottom of my heart.. it’s all love ❤️ from this side!!

Shalom!
Happy belated birthday bro! Nice doing business with you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
Colleagues I like to I have a 3kva hybrid felicity. It has a 1500w limit. I am considering oversizing it to be 3s3p, my panel is 250w with max voc of 36v. I need advice on whether it's too much or fine?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
unicmarket:

Ok. It’s available, Do well to reach us on whatsapp on our signature (below)

Thanks I have gotten another alternative
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
durodee:
Happy belated birthday bro! Nice doing business with you.
Thank you very much sir, and thanks for the patronage. Enjoy your Sunday!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
200amphs, 12volts OKAYA battery available, #105000. Contact us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
60amphs Cinemax MPPT charge controller available, #80000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
ojeysky:

Thanks I have gotten another alternative
Ok. Great!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AyarmBoye(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2020
earthrealm:

Cc ayarmboye

Read it well. He said 18ah battery..going by the 10% batt charging re. This implies 1.8amps.
Am fairly certain a 650va ups will be outputting something close to that.if not more
but it doesn't look like it charges it... I mean my system goes off as soon as theres power outage...and the battery feels cold even when d ups is warm.... Note :d battery is outside not inside d ups... Please what can I do.... My load is approximately 200watts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 4:09pm On Jan 26, 2020
saint2ace:

Hello Ceaser how do you know when Ur bank is full? Been charging since yesterday and it's stuck at 12.7v.

By the way, got the cable and accessories from AliExpress, so far it works okay on my laptop but really doesn't last, guess my 18650 batteries are bad.

Anyone with good deals on original 18650 batteries.?

Cable from aliexpress? How did you ship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Chikach and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.