Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063126 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
Topmost11:

Cable from aliexpress? How did you ship?

I think he means the power bank cable accessories, not the solar cables you have in mind.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
JUO:
please note 0.5hp ac sumo is 700w. Just get 24/36v dc sumo, consumption is around 200-320w. Your best bet is 24v/200-320w, you can parallel 2pcs of 24v/200w to achieve this, no inverter, battery, controller is needed. Just avoid ac pump. This option is cheaper

Please this DC sumo you are mentioning here, is there any online market outlet in Nigeria that offers it or is it only to be gotten through importation?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
gentlesas:

HETER LIFEPO4 BATTERY NEEDED

THE 480WH MODEL

WITH OR WITHOUT CHARGER

That's the battery I parallelled (mismatched) with another 13.5v nominal. grin

I needed more but it's no longer available, the reason for that mismatched parallel.

Please carry me along in case you come across supplies. I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
earthrealm:
thanks gents for the suggestions.
seems the dc pump is a better option. am wondering if anyone is running such, lemme tap from his experience.
2ndly is the pump easily available in nigeria? or aliexpress..hence the need to purchase 2 pumps, incase of 1 going bad

3rdly, can i hook it up directly to the solar panel, without battery?

4thly, if answer to 3 is yes, i am considering retaining the old inverter setup, however the output from the panels will be split into 2, one going to sumo...the other going to the CC of the existing setup

i wish to automate the whole system, with auto flow shut off, so the system will be independent of human input, as setup is in the village. a regulator will be installed in the tank to cut off power...when tank is full...and also activate power when the water gets to a certain level.

the water demand is minimal, say 200 liters daily, so a 2k liters tank shud last 1wk or so. borehole depth is btw 80ft to 130ft. most pumps are rated flow/hr like 2000ltrs/hr...or 30L/minute , can i simply divide by 24hrs to calc the hourly flow rate....abi the pump is designed to work 24/7??

My experience is not with the DC version. I have the AC version that has been in use for over 3years, capable of pumping water directly from the bore hole to the house with power of 135W, but in my case I have a 4000L tank installed on the ground I use the pump to boost water pressure to the house directly. Pumps works automatically as long as there's power, it only comes on when ever tap or shower fucet is turned on.

You can search for it around but the many options are buying from China. Available on Aliexperess but very expensive.

Yes you can hook it up directly. The sump spec I sent you comes with it's regulator for solar input.

I can't say how that will work splitting the output of your existing setup to feed the pump. But, if you get a pump with less power consumption, it will do you well to install a seperate panel to it.

Introducing an auto switch is great. Makes it independent but since it is solar dependant, pump will only turn on when the sun is up and shining.

Any with a 2000ltr/day and above should be fine. Attention should be more focused on the depth of the borehole the deeper the more powerful the pump should be.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ceaser01: 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
Earthrealm, I have the following for your automation.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
ceaser:

Bro, that stuff should not exceed 12.7v o. In fact the old one doesn't exceed 12.5v mark, but the newer ones reach 12.7v.

Also your backup time can only be comparable to the stock batteries that came with your laptop. This is because it is the same configuration as 3s2p that most laptops come with. Hence your backup from the power bank will roughly be the same as your laptop's, total backup of the two should be double.

Also the backup is a function of the battery capacity. I mostly have 2200mah 18650 batteries in my collection.

There is one guy on NL that advertised selling 18650. Will locate the thread.

Thanks bro, that means am in the clear, all accessories came at once just waiting for the adjustable power adapter I got.

I would appreciate the pointers to a good 18650 battery seller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
freshly landed. Lagos - Kaduna from @justcallmanuel. Oshe

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
ceaser:

HBD to the guy that brought up to the thread the latest competition in solar offerings.

Any promo for patrons from Manuel solar to mark the anniversary? grin
Of course, buy 100pcs of 300watt solar panel and get 5 free ��� grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
idsolar:
freshly landed. Lagos - Kaduna from @justcallmanuel. Oshe
Thanks for the patronage sir, God bless you!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Oga, na our area of expertise be that na, you can PM me on 0..8..0..3..3..3..3..4..3..9..1..1

earthrealm:
seems the dc pump is a better option. am wondering if anyone is running such, lemme tap from his experience.
2ndly is the pump easily available in nigeria? or aliexpress..hence the need to purchase 2 pumps, incase of 1 going bad

4thly, if answer to 3 is yes, i am considering retaining the old inverter setup, however the output from the panels will be split into 2, one going to sumo...the other going to the CC of the existing setup

i wish to automate the whole system, with auto flow shut off, so the system will be independent of human input, as setup is in the village. a regulator will be installed in the tank to cut off power...when tank is full...and also activate power when the water gets to a certain level.

the water demand is minimal, say 200 liters daily, so a 2k liters tank shud last 1wk or so. borehole depth is btw 80ft to 130ft. most pumps are rated flow/hr like 2000ltrs/hr...or 30L/minute , can i simply divide by 24hrs to calc the hourly flow rate....abi the pump is designed to work 24/7??

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
saint2ace:

Yes cables, laptop charger head accessories, and male and female adapter's, was shipped with Yenwen and it took just 3weeks

Cost of shipping?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Ceaser01:
Earthrealm, I have the following for your automation.

This is an overkill. A simple float switch will do. It will turn on the pump when the tank is empty to your setting and turn it off when it is filled to your desired setting. If you put a contactor in between, the float switch will last you for years. I use a setup like that for more than 5 years now and I never have to bother about my tank. It is set and forget.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 5:07am On Jan 28, 2020
Topmost11:

Cost of shipping?

Find attached

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:32am On Jan 28, 2020
adrusa:

This is an overkill. A simple float switch will do. It will turn on the pump when the tank is empty to your setting and turn it off when it is filled to your desired setting. If you put a contactor in between, the float switch will last you for years. I use a setup like that for more than 5 years now and I never have to bother about my tank. It is set and forget.

thanks @all for the contributions, the project is about 3months away, so am taking time to get info and material. and its a DIY ops
AHAAA, @adrusa. DIY sweet, abeg gimme the link for the exact float switch you bought. seen some on aliexpress though
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2020
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32912304617.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.49344a30ONcgu6&algo_pvid=8d3a46c5-aebb-4084-87f3-6c02b6e7cace&algo_expid=8d3a46c5-aebb-4084-87f3-6c02b6e7cace-22&btsid=0a248338-7d48-4f80-8e70-ac37265b130b&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_55

Something like this, but you really don't need to by from Aliexpress as it is available at most local plumbing materials shops for between 1-3K.

earthrealm:

thanks @all for the contributions, the project is about 3months away, so am taking time to get info and material. and its a DIY ops
AHAAA, @adrusa. DIY sweet, abeg gimme the link for the exact float switch you bought. seen some on aliexpress though

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2020
earthrealm:

Am looking to do a similar borehole project as well (if budget permits), have you settled on a DC pumping machine yet? If yes kindly share the URL. Standing by for the float switch URL as well wink

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2020
Please I am curious what a contactor does in this arrangement?

Do you use the Float switch to energize a contactor coil which then activates the pump?

What does the contactor contribute to the equation please?

adrusa:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2020
adrusa:

I can be patient. Just keep me in the loop. Do I need to keep harassing you or you will remember me?

Have you finally procured an LFP yet? Mine has been doing fine thus far....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:59am On Jan 28, 2020
The float switch is in series with the contactor coil and will energize the contactor.

This saves the float switch from having to make and break the pump(motor current) therefore preserving the float switch contacts.
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please I am curious what a contactor does in this arrangement?

Do you use the Float switch to energize a contactor coil which then activates the pump?

What does the contactor contribute to the equation please?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2020
No progress yet, waiting for desiji grin
netotse:

Hey Chief, any progress on your pylontech moves? can I holler at you outside here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
300watt AUXANO Solar panel available, #37000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
Good day house... I was just pondering.

Why do we always talk about replacing weak batteries here, and never about repairing them? I'm just wondering out loud, maybe there are demerits of repairing batteries. Sometimes the culprit in a bad battery may just be one cell inside or the electroyte. For instance, that oga here that had his whole battery bank die on him while they were on float for almost a year, can't those batteries be repaired??

Will appreciate thoughts on this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2020
270watt flames solar panels still available, #29000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2020
260watt felicity solar panel is still available, #29000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2020
Hit us up on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2020
Runx:

I have victronconnect v1.14 that come with firmware v.1.16 if you are comfortable with it. It will not ask you for any update.

Hey bros, still waiting on you oh. You don forget me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by laposta: 10:20am On Jan 28, 2020
earthrealm:

I have a solar pump/borehole on my farm.

The pump is a submersible which I bought from China and it hooks directly to the solar panel. The pump has it's own MPPT controller. It is a 1,000watts pump, hooked to 6x 300w panels. It pumps around 18,000 litres on a daily basis cos my guys put on the pump once the sun is up and it doesn't stop pumping until the sun is down.

Total cost was around N650,000.

I reckon if you need a smaller unit, you might be able to design one for around N550,000. You'll put it on for about 3-4 hours daily and you're good.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Runx: 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
Trippledots:

Hey bros, still waiting on you oh. You don forget me.
Did not see this until now.
Contact me through my email.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sales Promo!!!!

Brand New Victron 5KVA Quattro Inverter NGN700K/Unit - 3 units available

Brand New Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250V/100A - NGN280K/Unit - limited quantity available.

Please call 08081144442 to order.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Solardepot: 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
Solar Depot Nigeria is a leading player in the Solar Energy Industry in Nigeria. We provide end to end solutions for solar systems which include sales and installation of quality solar systems and equipment.

We are interested in intelligent, highly motivated and hardworking candidates who possess a good sense of judgment in analyzing, resolving problems. We require candidates who value honesty and integrity.

Positions
1. Business Development Manager/ Marketing Manager

Selection Process
• Graduate in marketing, business or a similar area with a minimum of 5 years trackable work experience in this field is required.
• Sales experience in business or a related area
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in order to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely
• Technical skills required to create proposals and find solutions to meet client requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
• Be proactive, organized and handle work under stressful and uncertain environments
• Prospective candidates should have at least a B.A, B.Sc. or HND from a reputable Institution

2. Lead, Solar System Engineer

Selection Process
• Engineering graduate “Electrical and Electronics Engineering” preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the solar-powered system in terms of sales and installation of solar inverter
• Be proactive, organized and handle work under stressful and uncertain environments
• Prospective candidates must have a B.Sc or HND from a reputable Institution.
• Minimum of 5 years trackable work experience in Renewable Energy is required

How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to vacancy@solardepotng.com

For more info about us, visit https://www.solardepotng.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/solardepotng

Office location: Mende, Maryland Lagos
Deadline for submission: 17th February 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: earthrealm(m), dannybrasky(m), orkman(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.