Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071566 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funken: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2020
Thanks guys!!

Will stick to the 3S4P as adviced..

ceaser:

I'm not so sure 250 watts in 4s will not exceed the 150V voc of the CC. Perhaps a nameplate of your panel posted here may help or those with idea of the voc of 250 watts panel can help.

Your present 3s config seems to provide adequate headroom for your CC to handle the 48v charging and additions should be more of parallel going forward. I don't have much knowledge of the Fangpusuns though, but that's what I think obtain for most MPPTs I've encountered.

Edited: I see @ kardozy has same opinion as this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:01am On Aug 16, 2020
ojeysky:

When I was using a 250w Panel max I got was 34v so I think you should be fine with 4S3P but 3S4P is certainly safer incase your Panel voc is higher than mine

My brother, pls never use that figure to work. Use the VOC on the name plate. If and if u just for a second or two, u see 38v, what happens after that?
I have seen that quite well on 255w trina

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2020
earthrealm:
who is using the UKA rechargeable fan?
bought it for my people some moons ago, now the switch has developed issues.
how were you able to repair the switch?. youtube is just showing how to replace the faulty switch

If the switch is mechanical, I think it should make it the more easier to replace, right?

Or maybe I'm just assuming sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2020
ojeysky:
Interesting sunny day, did over 3x of my array capacity, funny enough i didn't achieve any record instantaneous hervest but the cumulative is fantastic!
#YesToRenewable

Which app/software is this? And how does it sync to your components (batteries, inverter, panels, etc)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2020
ceaser:

If the switch is mechanical, I think it should make it the more easier to replace, right?

Or maybe I'm just assuming sha.

Its mechanical.
Guess will throw in the towel n give it a repairer @ uka fan

My inverter ac chills ok. Low gas is the likely cause of the poor chilling he described above
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Oshomo12:

My brother, pls never use that figure to work. Use the VOC on the name plate. If and if u just for a second or two, u see 38v, what happens after that?
I have seen that quite well on 255w trina

You are absolutely correct my brother!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FrustratedMonk(f): 9:26am On Aug 16, 2020
ceaser:

Users of inverter ACs here, your input may be required.
Chris is right. That AC only cools on cold nights. I had to give out mine and use a non-inverter AC for peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2020
FrustratedMonk:

Chris is right. That AC only cools on cold nights. I had to give out mine and use a non-inverter AC for peace of mind.

cheesy

Earthrealm said his works just fine.

This one we are getting different reviews. Na wa o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2020
ceaser:

So I got to confirm the consumption. It only has DC to DC cables included. It does not come with AC power pack included unlike the Qasa AC/DC standing fan (the type Ojeysky has in that picture) that has both AC power pack and crocodile clips to DC plugs included. So I used the power pack included in the latter. It's rated 230vac 12vdc 2amp plug.

At speed 1 - 9 watts
At speed 2 - 11 watts
At speed 3 - 15 watts.

It blows air impressively down a 9 feet ceiling at all speeds.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Abigai:
How many pieces will give a 24v setup. Gud morning.

7pcs in series is ideal for 24v setup
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2020
It might help if the inverter ACs are sized correctly with the rooms.
The 1 HP is good for small rooms and works well.
The benefit is not felt when installed in a large/larger room.
Try the 1.5 HP and higher in larger rooms.

The LG versions work very well when sized correctly with the room.

ceaser:

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Price and source of purchase? [quote author=ceaser post=92874628][/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kadorzy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
ceaser:

cheesy

Simply install your inverter AC in an enclosed space you will sure achieve the balance between optimal cooling & lower power consumption.

If you need more cooling, you have the remote to switch to full power mode.

(From Thermocool 1hp user perspective).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Which app/software is this? And how does it sync to your components (batteries, inverter, panels, etc)

It's the mobile version of emoncms that basically reads data from the emoncms on on my raspberry pi, the emoncms receives data from solpiplog for processing which inturn hervest the raw data from my pip inverter and BMV.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
kadorzy:

Simply install your inverter AC in an enclosed space you will sure achieve the balance between optimal cooling & lower power consumption.

If you need more cooling, you have the remote to switch to full power mode.

(From Thermocool 1hp user perspective).

Thanks.

What's approximate size of the room d'you use it for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
durodee:
Price and source of purchase?

Sorry, I didn't get the message you quoted but I assume it's the one about the orbit fan.

Pre-dollar wàhálà, I got it for 12k. The vendor is Justcallmenuel. He's a regular on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kadorzy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
ceaser:

Thanks.

What's approximate size of the room d'you use it for?

My space is about 17.28m²
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
How do you set up this raspberry pi, I get idle pi 4 when de idle that I can deploy. Any link to a tutorial?

ojeysky:

It's the mobile version of emoncms that basically reads data from the emoncms on on my raspberry pi, the emoncms receives data from solpiplog for processing which inturn hervest the raw data from my pip inverter and BMV.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
ojesymsym:
How do you set up this raspberry pi, I get idle pi 4 when de idle that I can deploy. Any link to a tutorial?

I hope I don't get picked up by NL bot here is the link to the solpiplog with all the instructions: https://github.com/njfaria/SolPipLog

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
ojeysky:

Chai...una don go far for this waka. I didnt understand 90% of the terminologies you used here... grin...dont bother explaining further jare. Na the normal battery-inverter i understand..thanks for your response, nonetheless. I do appreciate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thanks. The BOT police is really annoying a lot of times. Even quoting can lead to a ban.
Next thing is to be sure my inverters meet the spec to do the job.
ojeysky:

I hope I don't get picked up by NL bot here is the link to the solpiplog with all the instructions: https://github.com/njfaria/SolPipLog
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good day guys, I have LiFePo4 battery, I want to ask how many watts solar panel will charge this battery efficiently even while I use it and it will still be charging
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please anyone know where I can get a dc iron with ac adapter? Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
funshyboi:
Good day guys, I have LiFePo4 battery, I want to ask how many watts solar panel will charge this battery efficiently even while I use it and it will still be charging
What is the capacity and voltage of the battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
funshyboi:

What is your Daily usage in Watt hours?

Example mine is 4kwh, So I must be able to generate 5-6Kwh daily if I rely only on Solar.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaymaxi2222(m): 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hello good evening everyone.... Pls does anyone here know how to repair big ups/inverter that use to serve as backup for server rooms... Or do you have contact of anyone that can. Pls share with me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2020
ojeysky:

I like the fact that the inverter did not seem to increase its fan speed at that load, though since it's 5kva, the load would be about 30%, nice to have inverter I must say!
The fan speed is not load dependent. It is temperature dependent. It is an incredible inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Dam5reey:

What is your Daily usage in Watt hours?

Example mine is 4kwh, So I must be able to generate 5-6Kwh daily if I rely only on Solar.
It varies. I can use as much at 8 kwh some days more. But average at least 5 on a fair day
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
What is the capacity and voltage of the battery?
sorry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2020
ceaser:

Is that battery LiFePO⁴ or Li-ion 18/650/s?

Other specs of the pack?
LifePO4 48V 5 kwh 15S
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2020
BRAND NEW AXPERT INVERTER UP FOR SALE!

Axpert 3kva 24v 2400 watts (inbuilt 50a pwm) pure sinewave LCD solar inverter system ... N120,000

Axpert 5kva 48v 4000 watts (inbuilt 50a pwm) pure sinewave LCD solar inverter system .

Condition: Brand new , selling old stock without warranty. Datasheet available on request!

Price: 200,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2020
FrustratedMonk:

If that is what it takes then I will replace mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dam5reey(m), damilonya(m), Juokorow(m), Namzy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.