Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2074772 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Attached connection was done on a friends 24v inverter. Is this even possible? Two 12voltscbatteriescin series and one of the series battery connected to another 12volt battery in parallel

I told him he is playing with fire but he claims he had been using it line that for months.

I could take a picture but I attached a sketch

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by laposta: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
EPEVER MPPT Charge Controller Available

30A - N46,000
40A - N60,000

Specifications
30A/40A MPPT Solar Charge Controller.
12v/24v battery voltage configuration
100v Max PV Voltage
Max. PV Input Power
30A: 390W(12v), 780W (24v)
40A: 520W(12v), 1,040W (24v)

Whatsapp Contact: https:///07kqe5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
omotoda:
Attached connection was done on a friends 24v inverter. Is this even possible? Two 12voltscbatteriescin series and one of the series battery connected to another 12volt battery in parallel

I told him he is playing with fire but he claims he had been using it line that for months.

I don't think he's playing with fire. He only succeeded in derating his battery bank to essentially 2 batteries worth. That's why it's not advisable cos of the money for the extra one battery presently doing nothing would have been used somewhere else.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
omotoda:

So if the battery is 100AH, then it means he has a 200AH 12v connected in series to a 100AH 12v. In that case, the fire he is playing is the one that will turn all his investment on the battery into a waste in near future.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
ojeysky:

Yours time schedule is digital mine is manual but they serve the same purpose. So you don't have a Sonoff basic on the fridge?

Nope. Remote switching is not really required. The fridge is basically for cold beverages on sale, so daytime cooling is sufficient.

The freezer handles other frozen items on sale.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
ojeysky:

So if the battery is 100AH, then it means he has a 200AH 12v connected in series to a 100AH 12v. In that case, the fire he is playing is the one that will turn all his investment on the battery into a waste in near future.

No sir.100ah 24 volts.Then one of the 12 volts from the two in series with a 12v 100ah in parallel!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=omotoda post=93038416]

No sir.100ah 24 volts.Then one of the 12 volts from the two 100ah in series with a 12v 100ah[ in parallel./quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
ceaser:

Nope. Remote switching is not really required. The fridge is basically for cold beverages on sale, so daytime cooling is sufficient.

The freezer handles other frozen items on sale.

Okay, in my case I have a power guzzling freezer for now and occasionally need to even shut it down during daytime when sun is not smiling and battery level is not looking promising for the night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
omotoda:

No sir.100ah 24 volts.Then one of the 12 volts from the two in series with a 12v 100ah in parallel!

When you parallel a 12v 100AH with another 12v you get 12v 200AH

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Is there anyone with Sonoff basic R3 or a R2 flashed with tasmota firmware for sale?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
ojeysky:

When you parallel a 12v 100AH with another 12v you get 12v 200AH

Oga Ojesky,you don't get what the guy did oo.

He has a 24 volts inverter.He connect two 100ah ,12 volts battery in series to the inverter making ,100 ah 24volts.

He now connected a single 100ah 12 volt to one of the 12 volts of the series connection in.parallel.

It was strange to me too but he claims he has been using it line that for over 9 months.

I even spoke to his technician whobvlaims he had done several like that with no issues.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
omotoda:

Oga Ojesky,you don't get what the guy did oo.

He has a 24 volts inverter.He connect two 100ah ,12 volts battery in series to the inverter making ,100 ah 24volts.

He now connected a single 100ah 12 volt to one of the 12 volts of the series connection in.parallel.

It was strange to me too but he claims he has been using it line that for over 9 months.

I even spoke to his technician whobvlaims he had done several like that with no issues.

I understood it quite well my brother, if you have a 100AH 24v setup and then add another 100AH 12v in parallel to one of the 12v in the 24v series set-up, what you basically have created is 12v 200AH connected in series with 12v 100AH.

Yes it will work but it will kill the battery, especially the single 12v 100AH in the series connection as there is no longer capacity balance. Do you get it now Bro?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Israelicc: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Na so Zeestone99, we won't be stagnant if the parameters are right, we go port. It's the way of the world, "move with the times or get stuck".

Remember the days of PWM charge controllers and all we could achieve was having lots of strings 2 x 5, 2 x 9 configurations of solar panels to achieve high charging current. Then came MPPT charge controllers and higher Voc panels and we started talking about 3 x 3, 4 x 3, 12 x 6 config etc. When technology moves, we move. The trend is your friend as borrowed from another parlance. grin

zeestone99:

We will still port to this 810w. Technology moves, we move cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
ojeysky:

I understood it quite well my brother, if you have a 100AH 24v setup and then add another 100AH 12v in parallel to one of the 12v in the 24v series set-up, what you basically have credited is 12v 200AH connected in series with 12v 100AH.

Yes it will work but it will kill the battery, especially the single 12v 100AH in the series connection as there is no longer capacity balance. Do you get it now Bro?

I believe the "capacity balance" is a myth. My personal observation is that batteries in parallel will charge and discharge according to their capacities. Because, current, like water will take the path of least resistance, batteries in parallel will charge and discharge according to their need based on internal resistance. This may be contrary to theoretical stipulations, but it is what I have observed over about a decade of interactions with batteries and solar. Of course batteries in series are a different beast. They need to be sufficiently similar in age, chemistry, capacity etc.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
adrusa:

I believe the "capacity balance" is a myth. My personal observation is that batteries in parallel will charge and discharge according to their capacities. Because, current, like water will take the path of least resistance, batteries in parallel will charge and discharge according to their need based on internal resistance. This may be contrary to theoretical stipulations, but it is what I have observed over about a decade of interactions with batteries and solar. Of course batteries in series are a different beast. They need to be sufficiently similar in age, chemistry, capacity etc.

You seem to disagree with your starting statement but then seem to agree with me in your conclusion (the bold) which is the capacity mismatch in series that I referred, did I miss something?

For clarity, no issues with paralleling cells of same capacity (and you can even be good with different capacities in parallel) which is how my current LFP bank is configured (105x2)x 8s
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
It's like using 200AH battery in series with 100AH battery.
The later will get full faster and will overcharge if the starting point is same.
The later will discharge faster (and eventually below minimum) if starting point is same.
The 100AH will eventually die faster than expected except the inverter's low voltage disconnect is very high.

Edit: funnily, I did this when one of my 4 batteries died. I put 2 weak ones in parallel and the strong one alone. Then at inverter's low voltage alarm, the single one reads about 11.5V and the double reads about 10.5V. My coulomb counter shows 20% more energy usage while charging than when I was using a balanced setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 8,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...8,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fairly used 200ah fullriver battery at 55k....Limited stock!

Bonus for prospects with miniature load demand: Mpower & Mercury 200ah battery at 30k ... Lasts approximately 6-8 hours on a 100w load

Condition: performing great . Interested buyers can carry out their brief test

Location: Abule-egba , Lagos but can be waybilled to any state as usual under buyers expense !

Feel free to contact me backstage asap if keenly interested as usual smiley

Contact,
CALL::: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Happy client ~ Happy us !

Axpert 3kva 24v pure sinewave pwm solar inverter still available for sale at 110,000..

Schneider 1.5kva 24v solar inverter .... 80,000

Keep your orders coming !!

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:06am On Aug 21, 2020
chris81964:

Yes the AC sucks. Only cools the room on cold nights. During the day it struggles to keep the room at 27. My window non inverter AC does a better job
The batteries are 5 kwh. I have 4.3 kwh in PV. Thank you for watching and commenting
That's wrong. Have someone check the unit. Ambient temperature matters (and it shouldn't be installed on the sunny side wall when avoidable) but not cooling the room beyond 27°C? Abysmal
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:08am On Aug 21, 2020
chris81964:

My brother they are blowing my mind. I retired my Victron and Schneider products. This inverter and battery are IP65 rated. The inverter has a 120 amp AC charge and a 10 kw surge.
Your war with their copyright and copyleft issues has come to a conclusion. I'm investigating two other wonderful Chinese brands though they're still kinda like clones of some basic design elsewhere but nothing as blatant as Fangpusun
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Oshomo12:

Yingli panels should be good, though i haven't tried my hands on any yet(still looking at it with one eye).
Yingli aren't just good, they're great!
I have both Canadian solar and Yingli installed at home. What's more, the earlier poly JoySolar panels I have are still firing at nearly nameplate 6 years down the line. The mono ones are a disappointment.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2020
kadorzy:

Stick with 3s4p setup.
The FP 150|70A has a max VOC of 145V. Doing 4x250 in series will exceed this limit.
Depends on rated VoC of each panel, distance and cabling to the CC. And tolerance of the CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:23am On Aug 21, 2020
chris81964:

If that is what it takes then I will replace mine.
Disable power saving mode, if you haven't
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:44am On Aug 21, 2020
Israelicc:
As much as I like your analysis Sir, I beg to differ on the installation part. In practice, this 810w panel will reduce the time it takes to do an install. It will also reduce the number of mid and end clamps needed for an install. You are right with the handling part for dangerous terrains but if best and safe practice using harnesses or a MEWP is used, then there is no need to worry.

Let's also not forget that it's advancements like this that have generally brought down the cost of solar panels world wide. Imagine for once that we still had only the 100w and 150w panels, you would have needed a truck load of panels to do installs in excess of 5kwp.

I haven't seen the name plate yet but I also presume that the Voc and Imp of the 810w would be significantly higher than the 380w panels, which give us new design possibilities too. I'm just saying.. wink
Number of connections (translate as failure points) would definitely reduce. VoC would double. Possibly ImP too (depending on cell arrangement).

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
So in my installs, the usual average yield is at least 4 times the PV nameplate on a good day with ideal weather and sufficient energy demand.

I consider a regular daily yield 3 times the mounted PV nameplate to be unimpressive or average at best.

I kept quiet on this as I had so far not been able to get my large PV array to yield above 3 times the nameplate even though I believe it was pretty well optimised - attributed this to insufficient energy demand from AC loads and refilling depleted battery bank.

Well in the last few days I have had a very full and busy house and this evening saw good yield results from my 19.5kw PV array.

I look forward to a day when the sun and my consumption align and I can gross 100kwh daily yield
On wonderful days, my Canadian solar panels can do 5× nameplate. Routinely do 3.5 - 4× when allowed. Due to my low consumption, I rarely do more than 2× (massively oversized array which has paid of these past few months of horribly low insolation).

Having said that, Yingli often have no problem with 4 - 5× nameplate on regular days. And mine are even 250W poly, not mono. The 300W routinely does 4× (not sure why there's disparity in performance) as I set VoC and other parameters to be as similar as possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N15,000
12v 150a.......N11,000
12v 100a.......N7,500
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state, send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Hello to the gurus in the house, I have 2.4kva mercury modified inverter, with 220ah tubular bat3 * 2 and 300watts solar panel *2 with 40a cc. My question is can use it to power small 120ltrs thermocool freezer during the day only.
Your advise is highly appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2020
abbeymighty:
Hello to the gurus in the house, I have 2.4kva mercury modified inverter, with 220ah tubular bat3 * 2 and 300watts solar panel *2 with 40a cc. My question is can use it to power small 120ltrs thermocool freezer during the day only.

Assuming there are no other significant load sure, it will serve and you should still have some juice left in the battery by night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:39am On Aug 21, 2020
ojeysky:

You seem to disagree with your starting statement but then seem to agree with me in your conclusion (the bold) which is the capacity mismatch in series that I referred, did I miss something?

For clarity, no issues with paralleling cells of same capacity (and you can even be good with different capacities in parallel) which is how my current LFP bank is configured (105x2)x 8s

My point is that batteries in parallel configuration are less susceptible to problem of mismatch than batteries in series, in my experience. I will not put batteries of varying age or capacity in series, but I regularly do that with parallel and I have never observed any penalty in battery longevity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2020
adrusa:

My point is that batteries in parallel configuration are less susceptible to problem of mismatch than batteries in series, in my experience. I will not put batteries of varying age or capacity in series, but I regularly do that with parallel and I have never observed any penalty in battery longevity.

So we are saying the same thing then, i hope the information is entirely helpful to the op that asked the question
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2020
abbeymighty:

There might be a problem with the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1699) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Chikach and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.