Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2090587 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stevebond007(m): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
idsolar:

My take in addition to earlier ones are:
1. Battery - pls add money to get quanta or to go Lithium.

2. Panels - use higher watts from 320w or higher by 6 or 9 for more juice. Make you batr happy and you will enjoy ur setup.

3. Use MPPT CC

4. Wire gauge 6mm upward.

Thanks bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
ojeysky:
A few Sonoff basic R3 available for 6k each

Sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
generationz:

Lol, tell me na. I have no idea what's going on here. [b]It's been a year I came [/b]to this thread and the prices are confusing.

Welcome back!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
kiekie1:
GERMAN BOSCH DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!

Bosch 12v 200a deep cycle battery .... 120k
Datasheet available under request ..

For more enquiry on product , purchase,
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Impressive
Free samples?
cheesy grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Saipro:

Impressive
Free samples?
cheesy grin

smiley Meet me for zZa oda room as usual Sir ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
kiekie1:

smiley Meet me for zZa oda room as usual Sir ...
Correct man
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
60A and 80A Fangpusun MPPT charge controller available.

60A - 135k
80A - 155k

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
200Ah 48v felicity lithium ion battery still available, #690,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
60A epever MPPT charge controller available, # 135,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
eleojo23:

How efficient is the ECO mode on TVs? Does it really reduce power consumption?

That's what the term "Eco" translates to.

Some products use "Energy saving" in place of Eco mode.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
eleojo23:

How efficient is the ECO mode on TVs? Does it really reduce power consumption?

That's what the term "Eco" (Power Economy) translates to.

TVs with that have a way to reduce consumption by sacrificing backlight intensity, connectivity or ambient lighting auto sensing
A Hisense 65 inches of 130 watts at full blast drops to 33 watts at 25% backlighting.

olopan:
Very efficient, I have seen for a 70inch LG drop from 130W to 105W to 90W using just eco mode and drop to 70-60W on further reduction of brightness.

Even a conventional TV can reduce consumption by playing around with its brightness and all that.
Sound power consumption is a little negligible

@bolded. I haven't really noticed that. I have tried out a number of TVs to know that "brightness" setting is quite different from "backlight" settings. The former alters the pixel intensity and has no bearing on power consumption while the latter alters (dims or brightens) the TV's source of light (LEDs) and effectively doing so changes the consumption.

This means that: If you can't find "Eco setting" or "Energy saver" in the menu, my brother do not purchase it. Run away from it. Even if it has those settings, you still have to go with a Wattmeter to confirm your findings.

I angrily sold off a 3 months used Startimes DBTV 43 inches LED TV because it does not have backlight adjustment. The crazy appliance consumes 73 watts while I helplessly watch on.

Recently got a 43 inches Infinix Smart TV that consumes 77w at 100 percent backlight full blast and 27 watts at 5% backlight setting. A teeny bit below some popular brands like Sony and the Hisense, but impressive performance for Infinix brand.

zeestone99:

Mine can do 70w,50, and 30w depending on the level of eco mode chosen. Brand is Samsung.

How many inches?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
150w SMS floodlights available, #25,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
200Ah brand new Monbat battery now available, #155,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
earthrealm:

It has a semi adjustable/preset battery charging voltage settings.
Pls confirm if any of them would work for a lifepo4 bank

For the LiFePO4, number 5. GEL European Boost (14.4) Float (13 point 8 volts), I will suggest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
Mhen, it's crazy out there. PHCN be decapitating customers anyhow, imagine 50k per month for a 2 bedroom flat.. They are helpless and I really feel for 'em.

https://www.nairaland.com/6177484/outrageous-september-bill-aggrieved-customers#94886354
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
ojeysky:
This is for folks like me who are using axpert variants for their lithium batteries that experience a well known early float bug. The work around for this is to set bulk and float at the same voltage e.g 28v which is a high voltage to float lithium. In my case before now, I just manage with 27.4v float and wait it out until the battery get full. However with solpiplog running on my pi and BMV in the mix, I am now able to automate that as follows:

@>91% SOC set float at 27v
@<90% SOC set float at 28v

That way the optimal juice from my panels goes into my LFP. So if you have a way to achieve the above you will be able to work around the float bug.
Renewable energy is both the present and future!

Have a good week ahead!

I see you still shy away from the recommended 28.8v to 29v float for that LFP. I think I have to do a lil' more research on the pros and cons of my own choice sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
ceaser:

I see you still shy away from the recommended 28.8v to 29v float for that LFP. I think I have to do a lil' more research on the pros and cons of my own choice sha.

It's not good to keep the battery at such a high voltage, it impacts the lifespan of the cells. Impact may not be very significant if you cycle it daily. I won't even bulk charge @28.8v talkless of a float.. You wonder why pylontech is able to give longer years warranty? Some of the reason is because their BMS is setup to maintain charging at low voltage and low C rates. An LFP will be fully charge @3.45v per cell so there is no motivation for charging at 3.6+v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
grin
Uptime before shutting down to integrate new sonoff pow R2 for power cabinet.
Now the fans are temperature controlled, taking temprature from the MPPSolar heatsink sensor for now.
Might add a standalone temperature sensor later

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Chai! angry Just when i don gather the money finish

ojeysky:

Sold

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:36am On Oct 14, 2020
ceaser:

That's what the term "Eco" (Power Economy) translates to.

TVs with that have a way to reduce consumption by sacrificing backlight intensity, connectivity or ambient lighting auto sensing
A Hisense 65 inches of 130 watts at full blast drops to 33 watts at 25% backlighting.

@bolded. I haven't really noticed that. I have tried out a number of TVs to know that "brightness" setting is quite different from "backlight" settings. The former alters the pixel intensity and has no bearing on power consumption while the latter alters (dims or brightens) the TV's source of light (LEDs) and effectively doing so changes the consumption.

This means that: If you can't find "Eco setting" or "Energy saver" in the menu, my brother do not purchase it. Run away from it. Even if it has those settings, you still have to go with a Wattmeter to confirm your findings.

I angrily sold off a 3 months used Startimes DBTV 43 inches LED TV because it does not have backlight adjustment. The crazy appliance consumes 73 watts while I helplessly watch on.

Recently got a 43 inches Infinix Smart TV that consumes 77w at 100 percent backlight full blast and 27 watts at 5% backlight setting. A teeny bit below some popular brands like Sony and the Hisense, but impressive performance for Infinix brand.

How many inches?

43inches. samsung ue43mu6179
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Barezzi:

Lol.....I still have the CH4 that is still in its unboxed status if you want.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:10am On Oct 14, 2020
Yup, I do. Where ya number?
ojeysky:

Lol.....I still have the CH4 that is still in its unboxed status if you want.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:48am On Oct 14, 2020
zeestone99:

43inches. samsung ue43mu6179

Okay, you use the fixed three stage options eco (high, medium and low)

If it has "backlight settings" proper, then perhaps you can further reduce the consumption. The backlight settings usually have a gradation if 100% to 0%, but I think "dynamic backlighting" should be switched to "off" before that option becomes available.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:55am On Oct 14, 2020
ojeysky:

It's not good to keep the battery at such a high voltage, it impacts the lifespan of the cells. Impact may not be very significant if you cycle it daily. I won't even bulk charge @28.8v talkless of a float.. You wonder why pylontech is able to give longer years warranty? Some of the reason is because their BMS is setup to maintain charging at low voltage and low C rates. An LFP will be fully charge @3.45v per cell so there is no motivation for charging at 3.6+v

cheesy Okay, you don win small.

I will kuku put it at 28v then. That's still 0.8v below the present. That should be enough compromise for now until I do my research.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:44am On Oct 14, 2020
ceaser:

Okay, you use the fixed three stage options eco (high, medium and low)

If it has "backlight settings" proper, then perhaps you can further reduce the consumption. The backlight settings usually have a gradation if 100% to 0%, but I think "dynamic backlighting" should be switched to "off" before that option becomes available.

I rarely put the eco mode on high. I use the Medium instead which is just about 50w.that 50w is enough for me lol.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:47am On Oct 14, 2020
Barezzi:

Ojesky go and collect it from the person you sold it to o. My barezz is ready. Collect it or there will be war cheesy grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2020
ceaser:

I have noticed it with an unknown brand with brightness and the wattmeter confirm my experiment, likewise a older generation of LG tv too reduce consumption but both didn't drop significantly like those with ECO setting did.

What's is the price range of the Infinix Smart TV?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2020
olopan:
What's the price range of the Infinix Smart TV?

Got it for 130k at a walk in shop. Although I later saw it on Konga and Jumia dem for 107k or thereabout, but I think I'm more comfortable with the walk in shop in case item gives issue during warranty period. Besides it has been my go to store for appliances.

You'll be careful with the remote control though. It is thin and it broke in half when one of the kids mistakenly knelt on it while it was on the bed. The "volume up" button stopped working but I still use the phone app for full control for now while waiting for replacement remote from the store.

Also the android app version is kit kat, I think. Then I have had to do a full TV reset twice since one month use. It seems the ROM is low, so after a while of use, the "source" option (TV, DLNA, AV, HDMI) will not display and only the TV reinstall/reset restores normalcy.

The speaker bass is just "duh". Experiences with two previous LG TVs (one 10 yr old LCD and a year old LED) is an impressive immersive bass, but this Infinix gives nothing impressive in terms of speakers, so I wonder where that Dolby claim comes in.

Netflix login is a breeze, ditto Facebook. If you're logged into your Facebook profile, notification flags come in whether you are watching the DLNA, HDMI or AV sources. I love that.

WhatsApp is nothing to write home about. I have never been able to log in. This is one thing Sony Android TV does well. In the case of infinix's, the problem is always "time is not correct, please check your time". Yet if you set the time correctly, you still can't log in to WhatsApp. I would have loved a situation whereby I can send on screen time pop-up messages to families whenever I am away from home.

You tube login is also a challenge. When you try to login your details, it always takes you back to the home page. Hence you can only access you tube services as a guest, not as a registered user.

Phone to screen, screen to phone mirroring works quite well.

Another downside is that it has no CI card slot, as much as I would love it to have that. But it was a good choice I made after having a bitter experience with one seller at the NL TV section who sent me one disappointing LG product which showed signs that it has been opened and worked on (repaired). I hope that would be the only time I would have to consider used TVs from Alaba.

But I have to agree, the screen pictures are beautiful and images come out with very punchy colours that threaten to rival my Hisense and LG. That's even for the fact that the TV (43 inch) is HDTV. I understand that the 55 inch (or is it 60 inch now) is UHD.

Also the bevel are so thin, lovely thin with an almost edge to edge screen expanse. Only the lower edge where the product name is has about 5cm bevel.

It also has Bluetooth on board which claims to connect to many BT hardwares including keyboards and mouse. I connect to my earphone, one of the reasons I went with that Alaba TV source in the first instance. It's for the bedroom and I wouldn't love to intrude wifey's sleep while watching TV.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2020
ceaser:

Another downside is that it has no CI card, as much as I would love it to have that. But it was a good choice I made after having a bitter experience with one seller at the NL TV section who sent me one disappointing LG product which showed signs that it has been opened and worked on (repaired). I hope that would be the only time I would have to consider used TVs from Alaba.

Most of the LG products in the market are fake. If you do a check, you won't find the model on LG's official website. I nearly wasted money (50k) on the LG32Lk50 sold everywhere but decided to check it online only to see that it's available only on Nigerian sites not even on LG's site. I discovered it's actually an imitation of the original LG32LK500BPTA which is more expensive.
I decided to use the same amount to get a non-smart 32" TCL Digital TV and I'm loving it. Sharp HD picture, backlight adjustment 0-10, auto-volume, 4 ECO modes and digital TV channels (mostly scrambled though, needs a CI card to unscramble).

Consumption is 50w at full blast but with the ECO mode set to "High" and backlight setting at 1, I could tell it consumes about 30w or less because of the slow rate of voltage drop on my inverter battery. I'll get a wattmeter to confirm soon.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2020
ceaser:

Got it for 130k at a walk in shop. Although I later saw it on Konga and Jumia dem for 107k or thereabout, but I think I'm more comfortable with the walk in shop in case item gives issue during warranty period. Besides it has been my go to store for appliances.

Another downside is that it has no CI card, as much as I would love it to have that.

How and where can one get a CI card (CAM) in Nigeria? I'm really interested. Multichoice doesn't seem to have it according to info from their cc rep.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Well detailed, thanks

ceaser:

You'll be careful with the remote control though. It is thin and it broke in half when one of the kids mistakenly knelt on it while it was on the bed. The "volume up" button stopped working but I still use the phone app for full control for now while waiting for replacement remote from the store.

Also the android app version is kit kat, I think. Then I have had to do a full TV reset twice since one month use. It seems the ROM is low, so after a while of use, the "source" option (TV, DLNA, AV, HDMI) will not display and only the TV reinstall/reset restores normalcy.

Another downside is that it has no CI card, as much as I would love it to have that. But it was a good choice I made after having a bitter experience with one seller at the NL TV section who sent me one disappointing LG product which showed signs that it has been opened and worked on (repaired). I hope that would be the only time I would have to consider used TVs from Alaba.

But I have to agree, the screen pictures are beautiful and images come out with very punchy colours that threaten to rival my Hisense and LG. That's even for the fact that the TV (43 inch) is HDTV. I understand that the 55 inch (or is it 60 inch now) is UHD.

Also the bevel are so thin, lovely thin with an almost edge to edge screen expanse. Only the lower edge where the product name is has about 5cm bevel.

It also has Bluetooth on board which claims to connect to many BT hardwares including keyboards and mouse. I connect to my earphone, one of the reasons I went with that Alaba TV source in the first instance. It's for the bedroom and I wouldn't love to intrude wifey's sleep while watching TV.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
Original quanta Batteries White carton. promo promo promo.

Promo price - 142k

Promo ends close of business today.

Call or chat 08117398294 to order.

(1) (2) (3) ... (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ab221(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.