Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2044851 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by quest4s: 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thanks for this revelation

eleojo23:

How are the batteries connected to the charging source? Internal resistance can be an issue if not properly connected.
My research shows that the best way to charge batteries in parallel is as shown in the first screenshot below
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Naijapal: 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
Try out the link in my bio. It's a nice community with impeccable functionality.

unicmarket desiji ojeysky ceasar zeestone99 kiekie1 GeorgeD1 NiyiOmoIyunade earthrealm saipro essegis Oshomo12 justcallmenuel mank1234 adrusa BetaTechnicians BRIGHTSOLAR litaninja
Trippledots obinna37 ojesymsym and others

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Naijapal: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
It time to settle scores between the lifepo4 and Lead-Acid proponents. Dive in to https://www.kobocity.com/d/36-which-battery-is-the-best-value-for-money-wise and make your vote and voice count.

More coming
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by megacontrol(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2021
Hello all,

What BRAND and WATTAGE of LED bulbs is recommended for external fence light to use with inverter & solar system?

The perimeter fence has 10 points spaced about 15ft max apart in some cases.
So, I'm looking for low power consumption but still luminous enough for visibility.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 8:02am On Jan 06, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello all,

What BRAND and WATTAGE of LED bulbs is recommended for external fence light to use with inverter & solar system?

So, I'm looking for low power consumption but still luminous enough for visibility.

Thanks

Just buy 5watts AKT.One is N500 but your design of fence light lamp decor at times determines brightness

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2021
adrusa:

I think it is quite good. I have the 120A version and it is working great. It is basically a clone of MPP Solar PCM60X. Better than all these epever, pwrmr, makeskyblue etc in my humble opinion.

Thanks..... Actually am considering a 48v hybrid inverter, or a standalone mppt then later get a 48v transformer inverter. But my challenge is how strong are all this hybrid inverters. Are they as equally reliable and strong like transformer inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2021
Parallel charging

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 9:36am On Jan 06, 2021
Peterlove11:

Thanks..... Actually am considering a 48v hybrid inverter, or a standalone mppt then later get a 48v transformer inverter. But my challenge is how strong are all this hybrid inverters. Are they as equally reliable and strong like transformer inverters

You see Hybrid inverter is a good choice

The fact that most are transformerless doesn’t deter the durability, it even reduces energy loss.

And also cost effective

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello all,

Thanks
since it is 15ft apart, u should use original CTORCH 7W LED bulbs. its very bright.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by micynute94(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
Good Morning Bosses in d house

I need an inverter setup that can power a laptop (70W), a 40-inch led TV (85W), A standing fan (70W (optional)), 2 bulbs and phones.

I would need the setup to be able to power the important gadgets above (approx. 160W) for 10 hours.

How much would a budget friendly inverter cost? Budget around 150K.

...........................................................................................
Also, between getting two 100ah gel batteries or a single VLRA SMF battery (100ah), which one is better in terms of management if one is to power such setup above. Thank you

Would appreciate your replies. Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
micynute94:
Good Morning Bosses in d house

I need an inverter setup that can power a laptop (70W), a 40-inch led TV (85W), A standing fan (70W (optional)), 2 bulbs and phones.

I would need the setup to be able to power the important gadgets above (approx. 160W) for 10 hours.

How much would a budget friendly inverter cost? Budget around 150K.

...........................................................................................
Also, between getting two 100ah gel batteries or a single VLRA SMF battery (100ah), which one is better in terms of management if one is to power such setup above. Thank you

Would appreciate your replies. Thank you.

You can get 220ah tubular, 1.2kva modified sine wave Inverter
around 10hr backup time

If you need an installer and seller
Let’s talk. @signature (whatsapp)

Else go with the config, you can get something a lil higher than your budget
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
Peterlove11:

Oh, I see. I have a friend who had an hybrid inverter, Zinox ipower or something, that didn't last long. So, I bought my Felicity hybrid with some hope that it will last. I have had it for only about 6 months and so far, so good. NB. I'm not using the charge controller part and I rarely use it as a charger. I'm hoping that will extend its useful life.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
unicmarket:

You can get 220ah tubular, 1.2kva modified sine wave Inverter
around 10hr backup time

If you need an installer and seller
Let’s talk. @signature (whatsapp)

Else go with the config, you can get something a lil higher than your budget

10 hours back up how?

220*12=2640 watts
He can only do 50% which is 1320watts

His load is 160watt so 1320/160= 8.25hours

I haven't factored in efficiency losses of inverter and energy loss of battery o!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
omotoda:

10 hours back up how?

220*12=2640 watts
He can only do 50% which is 1320watts

His load is 160watt so 1320/160= 8.25hours

I haven't factored in efficiency losses of inverter and energy loss of battery o!!

While the idea of 50%dod is nice, you see 30% dod is nicer.

Good agm/ tubular batteries come with 80%dod

Over the years using 70%dod as not been an issue with good batteries.
I think it depends majorly on the battery durability.

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
unicmarket:

While the idea of 50% is nice, you see 30% is nicer.

Good agm/ tubular batteries come with 80%dod

Over the years using 70%dod as not been an issue with good batteries.
I think it depends majorly on the battery durability.

Thanks boss

Discharge to 80% without Solar back up at your own risk ooo.But I.leave the experts to judge.My experience with AGM has shown that 50% DOD is ideal. Even most inverters,except the ones that have programmable settings default their Low Voltage cut off to 50% DOD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
omotoda:

Discharge to 80% without Solar back up at your own risk ooo.But I.leave the experts to judge.My experience with AGM has shown that 50% DOD is ideal. Even most inverters,except the ones that have programmable settings default their Low Voltage cut off to 50% DOD

Oh ok bro
I understand you perfectly. While that’s been said, I agree it may be accepted 50%dod, but studying the battery you are going for and manufacturers detail on it is more key, than generalising the idea.

Doing some more research, I think we may find it’s not bad, to peg at 70%, whats most important is the frequency of charge.

I restate that it depends on the type of agm battery. Though in my post I mentioned tubular battery and not agm.

For the case of a battery with specific details of using the battery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
omotoda:

You said most?, ohh I am not so sure of that, the cut off voltage for most inverters is around 11.5v.

So, I have over the time stayed on 70%, which is dependent on my understanding of the battery in particular. And the load calculation, and rate of discharge, those intrinsic things are key to making your batteries last longer,

But please let’s not get me wrong, 50%dod is generally accepted for many batteries, and is subjected to more scrutiny on the particular battery in question
I greet you sir

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 11:39am On Jan 07, 2021
Good morning inverter gurus,

I am intending to start solar and inverter business and would like someone to teach me. I am an Electrical Engineer and I have several years experience in electrical installations. I would like to channel my knowledge into solar and inverter installations as a business.

I am based in Abuja. Anyone willing to teach me can reach me on my number 090 – 536 – 82491

Thanks so much as I await your responses.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaachile2(m): 11:49am On Jan 07, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello all,

Thanks
You can get this Akt 24w led light and use only 3 bulbs but the consumption is about 24w each and it's extremely bright like a halogen.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by megacontrol(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Thanks but 24w is a lot.
Besides, the lighting points are already there as there is a previous fitting there. i'm just trying to change the bulbs (screw type) to a more functional one with optimum power consumption, especially when on alternative power.

Appreciate the suggestion.

emmaachile2:

You can get this Akt 24w led light and use only 3 bulbs but the consumption is about 24w each and it's extremely bright like a halogen.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
emmaachile2:

24watts light on an inverter? Not sure that is energy efficient.If course a 24watts LWDlight will be EXTREMELY bright!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
Smart WiFi socket available.

Smart WiFi socket - 6500
Programmable timer - 6500

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2021
omotoda:
Hello gurus in the house, I have a puzzling issue. I got a used 2.5kva/36volts genus inverter from someone relocating out of town who insists it is working perfectly.However,when connected to 3 ,12volts 105 ritar batteries in series it doesn't work,just making intermittent beeping sound.I read somewhere that recommended battery is 120ah-200ah.Could this be the problem or the inverter is faulty?

Issue was finally resolved.Happens that 2 out of the three 105ah Ritar batteries have list their power.I didn't notice because they were connected in parallel before, but the moment I got another set if batteries everything worked well!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2021
omotoda:

Issue was finally resolved.Happens that 2 out of the three 105ah Ritar batteries have list their power.I didn't notice because they were connected in parallel before, but the moment I got another set if batteries everything worked well!!

What will happen to the rest of 105 ritar?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abdomox: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
omotoda:
Please experts in the house,I am in a dilemma here.Exactly on May 15,2020 I bought 2 units of Luminous Battery 200 ah and hooked them up to 4 units of 260 watts Felicity panels with a 60amp PowMr charge controller .The inverter is also Luminouv 1.5kva Zelios inverter. Last week the Luminous inverter had issues and I swapped it with Icell 1.5kva 12 volts inverter.During the day I do not have issues as the battery is slway charged.However I noticed that at night even with minimal load, the battery discharges fast even though there is utility light to support solar charging in the day.I dont want to believe the batteries are having issues already or is it because I used a 12volts inverter and had to parallel the two batteries?I am just confused because the batteries are just like 7 months and they have been connected to solar at set up. I never experienced this when I was using the Luminous inverter.

Please share your experience because its like these AGM batteries are no longer worth it!

If your Luminous batteries are the blue type I posted some pages back, better take them back and claim your warranty asap.

Also, check your charge controller. Hope it's not PWM. MPPT is the best for batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
[quote author=dollarnaira post=97817573]

What will happen to the rest of 105 ritar?[/quote

Just one unit good.Will put it up for sale !!]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
Abdomox:

If your Luminous batteries are the blue type I posted some pages back, better take them back and claim your warranty asap.

Also, check your charge controller. Hope it's not PWM. MPPT is the best for batteries.

Yes ,its the blue type.Charge controller is PowMr MPPT.What is wrong with the blue Luminous?I have connected back to my Luminous 24voits and still observing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by megacontrol(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
Thanks. I'll go with this.

Valto:
since it is 15ft apart, u should use original CTORCH 7W LED bulbs. its very bright.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
[quote author=omotoda post=97825048][/quote]
Ok beep me wen up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
adrusa:

Oh, I see. I have a friend who had an hybrid inverter, Zinox ipower or something, that didn't last long. So, I bought my Felicity hybrid with some hope that it will last. I have had it for only about 6 months and so far, so good. NB. I'm not using the charge controller part and I rarely use it as a charger. I'm hoping that will extend its useful life.

Zinox is crap.
For decent hybrids, try original axpert, deye, sorotec, mpp, they have warranty and aftersales support
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
ojeysky:
I have got 2 brand new BMV 712 with temp sensor for grabs. 125k each

Q/A
Is this the victron BMV 712 with Bluetooth features?
Yes
Is the price negotiable?
No price is firm Sir/Ma
Does the price include shipping?
No it doesn't, but I can waybill to any part of the country at buyer's cost.

Still very much available

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), eghos12(m), prestige2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.