Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063187 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

I may have to get one of this too as a backup.

Backups are really important, a hybrid felicity's CC part failed and it has been sent back to them for over 3 months now without any hope of getting it back anytime soon.

What's the spec of the felicity hybrid and what do you think caused the CC part to fail?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 10:35am On Mar 07, 2021
futurenix:
Just Arrived and available for sale.
Brand New 16 pcs of 280AH 3.2V Lishen LFP battery with 150A Daly BMS having bluetooth, temperature sensor, battery monitoring meter with UART comminication interface.
Zero8181six7one979
Modified
Price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

is there an efficient way of getting the panels to the roof?
I have been lucky with all the installs I've done regarding location of the panels.

et al

Use rope to pull it up

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2021
Or just use a USD card that has no limits - easy if you earn US income or are happy to buy Fx at blackmarket rates to fund the card.

If you are a typical naija guyman who wishes to purchase at ~NGN415/USD using GTB and other 'sane' banks, then get yourself a GTB naira master card and visa card, then get a virtual card and utility card all on the GTB platform - that gives you access to $400 online spend per person per month.

Co-opt the official Madam, Mistress, siblings, friends and other trusted folks into the scheme and you can easily do $2000 or more per month per sane bank.

Notice I said sane bank - GTB has never charged me above NGN420/USD. Providus Bank charges me $494/USD to use their card cheesy

ceaser:

This problem already arose on my last transaction with the seller. I complained to him and he suggested a way out. He provided a link in his store where you can pay for 1usd items. So you can select as many items as possible to make up to 100 USD per card. By the time I'd made payments in two batches of 100usd each, it now remained around 81usd to balance. He then asked me to click "pay for item" on the inverter but that i should not pay so that it goes to the "unpaid" folder on my profile. He then arranged a limited time to reduce (alter) the price of the item while it was in my "unpaid" folder to reflect the remaining balance. In less than one hour of him reducing the price, I paid otherwise once the limited duration elapses the price goes back up and the price adjustment arrangement will have to be repeated again.

To keep to this limited time, you have to constantly check on the price item in the "unpaid" folder and also the AliExpress chat messages inbox between you and the seller to know when he/she informs you when he effects the price adjustment.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2021
For safety, panel work on a sloped roof is a 2 man job. Two people access the roof and let down a rope - 2 lengths side by side.

3rd man on the ground ties a solar panel to the two ropes and then the men on the roof hoist it up in tandem - you can either slide up the panels across a ladder for control (prevent smashing into the walls or objects around) or have the man on ground counter pull with a 3rd length of rope at the bottom of the panel.

Manipulating a 300w+ panel on a sloped roof should always be done by two people. I have seen one man do it successfully but a gust of wind or small misstep can quickly turn to disaster.

If you can attach safety harness to a scaffold or similar structure then all the better

Also if you weigh more than 85kg you should probably not climb on a roof!

BetaTechnicians:

I have been lucky with all the installs I've done regarding location of the panels.

Ojeysky
mctfopt
mcTrinity
et al

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cluewebhost(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Or just use a USD card that has no limits - easy if you earn US income or are happy to buy Fx at blackmarket rates to fund the card.

If you are a typical naija guyman who wishes to purchase at ~NGN415/USD using GTB and other 'sane' banks, then get yourself a GTB naira master card and visa card, then get a virtual card and utility card all on the GTB platform - that gives you access to $400 online spend per person per month.

Co-opt the official Madam, Mistress, siblings, friends and other trusted folks into the scheme and you can easily do $2000 or more per month per sane bank.

Notice I said sane bank - GTB has never charged me above NGN420/USD. Providus Bank charges me $494/USD to use their card cheesy

Lol faced this around 2016.
Would transfer everyone I know's GTB limit to my Paypal then spend from there.

Funny exact thing is happening a few years later smh.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 11:53am On Mar 07, 2021
ceaser:

It actually says there: 4 pieces per lot. That's a batch of four pieces of 280ah at 201 thousand naira. And it says the shipping to Nigeria is Free shipping.

In fact, I have already added it to my cart. I'll read reviews and check out the seller's history and ratings later.

That is a cheap deal compared to 200 thousand naira for 100ah of 4 cells that we get it from our guys that are resellers/assemblers in Nigeria.

Which brings about that 201 thousand naira question: Is it grade A cells? That offer is mouth watering I must confess, but omo, except AE can arbitrate for me to get refunded my full money in the event I file dispute of being sent non grade A cells will I comfortably take that offer.

Chat them up to confirm that free shipping oooo.

Over 20kg goods for free with the current high customs and shipping cost?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:55am On Mar 07, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

Ojeysky
mctfopt
mcTrinity
et al

When I had to put panels on my roof(and some other roof) it was usually 4 of us, 2 on the roof and 2 ground with a rope for pulling as Oga Niyi has enumerated. I think for a roof work, minimum should be 3; two on the roof and one on ground.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
hancock:

Approximately 8 days for the 8 batteries. The PSU I bought was rated for 30v/10a CV CC. Patience is virtue when it comes to Top Balancing Lithium Cells. grin

bought from Shenzen Xuba
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/4pcs-3-2V-280AH-Lifepo4-Battery_62025848351.html

Faster way of top balancing, is using your inverter or cc if it has adjustable voltage settings.
3.45 x the nos of cells in series, and fire them up, preferablly with a bms to cut off incase you have runners, after that you can then use the puny 10amp charger to finish up individually.
Cells usually ship at 50% soc, thats 14 to 18hrs per cell to top up, imagine you have 32 cells grin grin grin

Good choice.
Shenzen xuba and shenzen luyuan have great reps, Luyuan is even better at customer service, as she was formerly working for xuba, b4 they had disagreements, and she, her husband floated Luyuan.
Amy na correct person and she isnt just a seller, she has tech knowledge as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2021
ceaser:

It actually says there: 4 pieces per lot. That's a batch of four pieces of 280ah at 201 thousand naira. And it says the shipping to Nigeria is Free shipping.

In fact, I have already added it to my cart. I'll read reviews and check out the seller's history and ratings later.

That is a cheap deal compared to 200 thousand naira for 100ah of 4 cells that we get it from our guys that are resellers/assemblers in Nigeria.

Which brings about that 201 thousand naira question: Is it grade A cells? That offer is mouth watering I must confess, but omo, except AE can arbitrate for me to get refunded my full money in the event I file dispute of being sent non grade A cells will I comfortably take that offer.

The 201k naira na wrong naira conversion.
My app is set to show in usd, its show 529usd. Th3 4 cells cost about 340usd in the open market so the extra 190 usd is for freight

I checked the make of the cell, and its listed as gtk, quite an unknown make.
Confirm with seller the exact make.
The price i quoted above is for eve, lishen, catl, calb cells. These are tried and trusted.

Lastly , hancock, valto or any of the other diy lifepo4 users.
Did anybody bother about doing a capacity test after top balancing and charging?
Capacity testers are quite affordable now.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
mctfopt:

Use rope to pull it up

You're gonna need a pulley for that. Or which other pivot point or fulcrum do you plan the rope to swing on, the edge of the roof itself?

NiyiOmoIyunade:

3rd man on the ground ties a solar panel to the two ropes and then the men on the roof hoist it up in tandem - you can either slide up the panels across a ladder for control (prevent smashing into the walls or objects around) or have the man on ground counter pull with a 3rd length of rope at the bottom of the panel.

@bolded
Does the ropes go in those holes in the frame? Cos I think those holes may be too tiny to accommodate a fairly strong rope from going in.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:

@bolded
Ha cheesy

GTB has always been a very reasonable bank when it comes to Fx issues.

Thanks for this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
ceaser:

The thing Shock me too oo, I have chatted Seller waiting for feedback of the item is available or not..

I have added to Cart too, Free shipping

but considering that Alibaba is Selling 330USD, I believe shipping is 200USD..

So 530 USD is fair enough, regardless of the rate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
ceaser:

This problem already arose on my last transaction with the seller. I complained to him and he suggested a way out. He provided a link in his store where you can pay for 1usd items. So you can select as many items as possible to make up to 100 USD per card. By the time I'd made payments in two batches of 100usd each, it now remained around 81usd to balance. He then asked me to click "pay for item" on the inverter but that i should not pay so that it goes to the "unpaid" folder on my profile. He then arranged a limited time to reduce (alter) the price of the item while it was in my "unpaid" folder to reflect the remaining balance. In less than one hour of him reducing the price, I paid otherwise once the limited duration elapses the price goes back up and the price adjustment arrangement will have to be repeated again.

To keep to this limited time, you have to constantly check on the price item in the "unpaid" folder and also the AliExpress chat messages inbox between you and the seller to know when he/she informs you when he effects the price adjustment.

Thanks for the idea
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:

If you are a typical naija guyman who wishes to purchase at ~NGN415/USD using GTB and other 'sane' banks, then get yourself a GTB naira master card and visa card, then get a virtual card and utility card all on the GTB platform - that gives you access to $400 online spend per person per month

Can one get all these cards in a single account? I already have the Naira MasterCard
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
futurenix:

Chat them up to confirm that free shipping oooo.

Over 20kg goods for free with the current high customs and shipping cost?

I've gone thru that seller's store and more than 80% of his items are free shipping to Nigeria. And his lithium prices also seem to be of a lower cost. So the nagging thought is there that those cells may not be grade A. Unfortunately he doesn't have too many reviews yet, but in one review about him, the buyer said that the Lithium Titanate he sent is used ones (he expected that it will be used that will be sent though from his reaction).

Then as per the free shipping thingy, it's one of a few things:

It's maybe the dude is fresh to conditions of shipping to Nigeria like many other fresh entrants to item shippings to Nigeria. He would have accepted and probably shipped a number of orders to Nigerians before he will realise that his shipping fees should be in the order of 1000 USD rather than free.

I have purchased a number of items from sellers that much later either changed to item to "unable to ship to Nigeria" or increased the shipping fees exponentially. Such examples are power banks and items containing lithium battery.

Another thing could be that the guy is being tricky. Such that after the buyer must have paid, he now messages the buyer to pay an extra for shipping fee citing that they later discovered that shipping could not be done free to Nigeria.

A third thing is that most of the free shipping method of lithium products are tagged "seller's shipping method". These methods more often than not involve the unconventional methods or at best case scenario they use sea freight, and that is why "seller's shipping method" options nay take up to 3 to 4 months before delivery.

earthrealm:

The 201k naira na wrong naira conversion.
My app is set to show in usd, its show 529usd. Th3 4 cells cost about 340usd in the open market so the extra 190 usd is for freight

It's actually very close to the true rate of conversion. I use the same app and made purchases three days ago. The deducted amount is very close to the calculated amount in the app, off by around four or five naira per dollar error.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
Every panel I have ever handled has some holes/cutouts in the aluminium frame.

We always use this flat cloth rope (I will find a pic) for easy threading through those holes and also less friction on your hands as you pull up.

If you see no holes (doubtful then you can tie some length of rope across the panel both horizontal and vertical and use this 'harness' to hoist up. You will find that you don't really need to tie anything super tight but always let common sense and risk aversion lead.

Where we use a ladder then the panel travels up along the ladder if possible - always better with scaffolding as this affords you stable footing and no fear of tumbling off.

Again, to do this safely needs at least 2 men up and one man down - always carry 2 full rolls of flat rope and some offcuts - you will always need ropes to hoist up panels and assorted tools in a bag

ceaser:

You're gonna need a pulley for that. Or which other pivot point or fulcrum do you plan the rope to swing on, the edge of the roof itself?

@bolded
Does the ropes go in those holes in the frame? Cos I think those holes may be too tiny to accommodate a fairly strong rope from going in.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
GTBank yes - I have mastercard, virtual card and utility card and each allows $100 per month.

I know the visa card also allows $100 but I don't have it.

At some point during the 2016 fx crunch I had like 16 cards attached to my Amazon account.

Nowadays best to find a side hustle that earns USD income or japa entirely grin grin grin

eleojo23:

Can one get all these cards in a single account? I already have the Naira MasterCard

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
GTBank yes - I have mastercard, virtual card and utility card and each allows $100 per month.

I know the visa card also allows $100 but I don't have it.

At some point during the 2016 fx crunch I had like 16 cards attached to my Amazon account.

Nowadays best to find a side hustle that earns USD income or japa entirely grin grin grin

Wow...thanks. I will get the utility and virtual card as soon as possible.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 12:39am On Mar 08, 2021
Promo still on hurry while stock last
300w Felicity panel available for 34,500 from 4nos up
Whatsapp 09013128166

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:28am On Mar 08, 2021
Shipping is the Nigeria's Achilles heel for mini importers, especially if the item has battery inside. Crazy shipping rates and serious long wait period. Meanwhile, I watch as our counterparts in other countries in Europe and America receive their battery goods shipped via sea and when it gets to the port gets handed over to either DHL or FedEx for onward delivery to the buyer. E dey pain me sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaachile2(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2021
eleojo23:

Use an app or site called barter by flutter wave and create a USD virtual card.
It allows above $1000 transactions and your dollar equivalent is debited from your naira bank account
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:53am On Mar 08, 2021
The Barter rates are dearer than even black market and when I tried them not one transaction was able to sail through.

That said I have been seeing their ads pop up with renewed vigor. Perhaps they are better and more stable now.

emmaachile2:

Use an app or site called barter by flutter wave and create a USD virtual card.
It allows above $1000 transactions and your dollar equivalent is debited from your naira bank account

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2021
Contact us on 08066332919 for your Gaston Inverter Batteries. We have offices in Lagos and Abuja . We also do Nationwide delivery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2021
earthrealm:
So after a lot of back and forth,
Am back to this lifepo4 group buy matter.

Due to less than stellar performance from several china shippers, i have tried.
Am considering the safer option of the alibaba seller handling the shipping.
He says his minimum cargo is 1cbm which is 64 pieces of Lishen 3.2v 272ah batts, cost about $550 customs and all inclusive, and pick up in their lagos warehouse. I only need 32 pieces, hence looking for possible buyers of the other 32 cells.

Each cell is about $80, and shipping duration is 3 to 4 months angry

The chinese new yr holidays is coming, commercial activities in china will grind to a halt from early feb and pick up again early march

GLAD TO SEE MORE PEOPLE JUMPING ON THE LIFEPO4 BATTERY SHIP.
so with the chinese new yr over, and normalcy returned . the group buy is at advanced stages. lishen 272ah cells are limited in stock and expensive, likewise EVE cells. prices are gradually rising daily angry

so we are considering CATL cells,
1. 310ah is 88usd
2. 271 ah is 77 usd

seafreight 80 to 120days, pickup in lagos warehouse.
skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com . send your request and contact nos there, so we add you to the whatsapp/telegram group for the group buy.and work out the finer details involved in the purchase.

so we are about wrapping up this group buy, , i am impressed by the turnout, we have about 140 cells being demanded for, our target is 190 cells, so now is the time for interested folk to join.. options are available for people who dont want to pay full money
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2021
earthrealm:

GLAD TO SEE MORE PEOPLE JUMPING ON THE LIFEPO4 BATTERY SHIP.
so with the chinese new yr over, and normalcy returned . the group buy is at advanced stages. lishen 272ah cells are limited in stock and expensive, likewise EVE cells. prices are gradually rising daily angry

so we are considering CATL cells,
1. 310ah is 88usd
2. 271 ah is 77 usd

seafreight 80 to 120days, pickup in lagos warehouse.
skyhigh0455 at yahoo dot com . send your request and contact nos there, so we add you to the whatsapp/telegram group for the group buy.and work out the finer details involved in the purchase

Hmm undecided
Offer sent

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
1st way: get a short length of 8mm iron rod, have an iron bender make the shape of a hook at one end and a closed loop at the other. Tie the flat rope Mr Niyi advised you use at one end, hook the other end through the mounting holes/ or eyelets at spots closest to the edge of the panels. That's where a paper I read states is supposed to be the strongest part of the frame. Its a 3man job. I bought a roll of the flat rope, you need enough slack in gusty wind conditions

2. They sell miniature clasps, like those on a safety harness, not exactly mettalic - the metallic version of a keyholder clasp. The flat rope can be tied in a knot at one end and the other end of the clasp be put in the mounting holes. This option should be your last option. 2 disadvantages of this option: fiddling with the spring release to remove the hook from.the panel may become tricky at great heights. Secondly, if roughly handled, the bottom.end of the clasp can snap off, which will a costly accident.

The 8mm hook stands up to the stress of use, and sliding the panel up the surface of a slanted ladder reduces the danger and stress on those pulling it up.

N.B If a pulley is used, it has to be fixed to something, before it can be effective. On a 2-3 story building, that's not too nice a prospect.

Its also wise to have your electrician or carpenter go into the roof from the manhole to inspect the roof beams - IF the opportunity exists. I avoided a nasty surprise that way. The lightest member of my crew had to virtually tiptoe past that section of the roof. It was scary.

ceaser:

@bolded

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 6:05am On Mar 09, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
The Barter rates are dearer than even black market and when I tried them not one transaction was able to sail through.

That said I have been seeing their ads pop up with renewed vigor. Perhaps they are better and more stable now.

the rates are unbearable that I had anything in partner with flutterwave in my black book
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaachile2(m): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:

I used them about a month ago to purchase some items from the UK and it was smooth sailing. The rates was 480 to a $ then
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2021
Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919 for your Industrial Power Backup Solution. We have offices in Abuja & Lagos and we also do NATIONWIDE DELIVERY.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Peterlove11:

What's the spec of the felicity hybrid and what do you think caused the CC part to fail?

24V 3kva version.
I don't have an idea, it just stopped and a powmr CC has taken it's place since then without issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: chloride6, Ferdiwar and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.