Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (959) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050751 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
mctfopt:

Use rope to pull it up
Noted, thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
For safety, panel work on a sloped roof is a 2 man job. Two people access the roof and let down a rope - 2 lengths side by side.

3rd man on the ground ties a solar panel to the two ropes and then the men on the roof hoist it up in tandem - you can either slide up the panels across a ladder for control (prevent smashing into the walls or objects around) or have the man on ground counter pull with a 3rd length of rope at the bottom of the panel.

Manipulating a 300w+ panel on a sloped roof should always be done by two people. I have seen one man do it successfully but a gust of wind or small misstep can quickly turn to disaster.

If you can attach safety harness to a scaffold or similar structure then all the better

Also if you weigh more than 85kg you should probably not climb on a roof!

Thanks for this, quite comprehensive.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
ojeysky:

When I had to put panels on my roof(and some other roof) it was usually 4 of us, 2 on the roof and 2 ground with a rope for pulling as Oga Niyi has enumerated. I think for a roof work, minimum should be 3; two on the roof and one on ground.
Did you use Roofers or just anyone?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Every panel I have ever handled has some holes/cutouts in the aluminium frame.

We always use this flat cloth rope (I will find a pic) for easy threading through those holes and also less friction on your hands as you pull up.

If you see no holes (doubtful then you can tie some length of rope across the panel both horizontal and vertical and use this 'harness' to hoist up. You will find that you don't really need to tie anything super tight but always let common sense and risk aversion lead.

Where we use a ladder then the panel travels up along the ladder if possible - always better with scaffolding as this affords you stable footing and no fear of tumbling off.

Again, to do this safely needs at least 2 men up and one man down - always carry 2 full rolls of flat rope and some offcuts - you will always need ropes to hoist up panels and assorted tools in a bag

The cloth rope that looks like those use in handles of bags right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
lexi28:
1st way: get a short length of 8mm iron rod, have an iron bender make the shape of a hook at one end and a closed loop at the other. Tie the flat rope Mr Niyi advised you use at one end, hook the other end through the mounting holes/ or eyelets at spots closest to the edge of the panels. That's where a paper I read states is supposed to be the strongest part of the frame. Its a 3man job. I bought a roll of the flat rope, you need enough slack in gusty wind conditions

2. They sell miniature clasps, like those on a safety harness, not exactly mettalic - the metallic version of a keyholder clasp. The flat rope can be tied in a knot at one end and the other end of the clasp be put in the mounting holes. This option should be your last option. 2 disadvantages of this option: fiddling with the spring release to remove the hook from.the panel may become tricky at great heights. Secondly, if roughly handled, the bottom.end of the clasp can snap off, which will a costly accident.

The 8mm hook stands up to the stress of use, and sliding the panel up the surface of a slanted ladder reduces the danger and stress on those pulling it up.

N.B If a pulley is used, it has to be fixed to something, before it can be effective. On a 2-3 story building, that's not too nice a prospect.

Its also wise to have your electrician or carpenter go into the roof from the manhole to inspect the roof beams - IF the opportunity exists. I avoided a nasty surprise that way. The lightest member of my crew had to virtually tiptoe past that section of the roof. It was scary.

enlightening, thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:47am On Mar 10, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:48am On Mar 10, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

I have a long time electrician who has a team, I talk the theory they do the practical, now he is a solar installer grin
So not just anyone, has to be someone that knows how to find their way on the roof, my electrician does

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:55am On Mar 10, 2021
I just saw this, looks like it's going to be a sunny week, but men prime is a good panel. It did 8w during the night cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2021
170w Africell solar panel still available, #22,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:05am On Mar 10, 2021
5w and 9w DC bulbs now available.
5w - 500
9w - 800.
Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2021
200AH Eastman tubular battery now available, #110,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2021
280w Gpower solar panel still available, #36,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:11am On Mar 10, 2021
25w Ecool DC ceiling fan still available, #20,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:15am On Mar 10, 2021
300w Africell solar panel still available, #38,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:16am On Mar 10, 2021
200w SMS floodlight with double panels still available, #35,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:18am On Mar 10, 2021
200AH 12v Luminous battery now available in stock, #105,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2021
5kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter still available, #360,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 7:43am On Mar 10, 2021
BetaTechnicians:

24V 3kva version.
I don't have an idea, it just stopped and a powmr CC has taken it's place since then without issues.

Alright.There are 2 3kva versions. One with CC voc of 145vdc. There is a cheaper version whose max solar Voc is 75vdc. Or did you exceed the VoC?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2021
Hello House

Ha02 battery balancer - 23k

Limited quantity available

Call/Whatapp - 08117398294, 09067411214 to order. Tx

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eddyline(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
hello house, I got two of this inec blue lithium batteries 48ah that I intend to use for my TV and DC fans only. I have this souer 1kva inverter that I want to connect it with. please if I am to throw in a solar panel and charge controller, what specifications are recommended and is there any precautions I need to take? thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
ojeysky:

I have a long time electrician who has a team, I talk the theory they do the practical, now he is a solar installer grin
So not just anyone, has to be someone that knows how to find their way on the roof, my electrician does

That's a good extra hand to have.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Peterlove11:

Alright.There are 2 3kva versions. One with CC voc of 145vdc. There is a cheaper version whose max solar Voc is 75vdc. Or did you exceed the VoC?
Here... 145VDC
the panel config is quite basic

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
eddyline:
hello house, I got two of this inec blue lithium batteries 48ah that I intend to use for my TV and DC fans only. I have this souer 1kva inverter that I want to connect it with. please if I am to throw in a solar panel and charge controller, what specifications are recommended and is there any precautions I need to take? thanks

How many volts?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:27am On Mar 11, 2021
lexi28:
1st way: get a short length of 8mm iron rod, have an iron bender make the shape of a hook at one end and a closed loop at the other. Tie the flat rope Mr Niyi advised you use at one end, hook the other end through the mounting holes/ or eyelets at spots closest to the edge of the panels. That's where a paper I read states is supposed to be the strongest part of the frame. Its a 3man job. I bought a roll of the flat rope, you need enough slack in gusty wind conditions

2. They sell miniature clasps, like those on a safety harness, not exactly mettalic - the metallic version of a keyholder clasp. The flat rope can be tied in a knot at one end and the other end of the clasp be put in the mounting holes. This option should be your last option. 2 disadvantages of this option: fiddling with the spring release to remove the hook from.the panel may become tricky at great heights. Secondly, if roughly handled, the bottom.end of the clasp can snap off, which will a costly accident.

The 8mm hook stands up to the stress of use, and sliding the panel up the surface of a slanted ladder reduces the danger and stress on those pulling it up.

N.B If a pulley is used, it has to be fixed to something, before it can be effective. On a 2-3 story building, that's not too nice a prospect.

Its also wise to have your electrician or carpenter go into the roof from the manhole to inspect the roof beams - IF the opportunity exists. I avoided a nasty surprise that way. The lightest member of my crew had to virtually tiptoe past that section of the roof. It was scary.

Thanks.

In sliding it along the ladder, I suppose the glass surface of the panel will be the part that slides on the ladder for smooth movement.

BetaTechnicians:

The cloth rope that looks like those use in handles of bags right?

I think the ropes those Hausa sell that is used for fetching water from inside water wells will suffice. They are usually strong and taut ropes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eddyline(m): 2:18am On Mar 11, 2021
IYGEAL:

How many volts?
12volts sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 2:37am On Mar 11, 2021
eddyline:

12volts sir

Use 30Amps Mppt charge controller and at least 300W panels (2 x 150W in series) or PWM CC with the panels connected in parallel.

For precaution: make sure the charge controller to be used has adjustable input settings so that you don't over charge the battery; also, ensure you don't use the battery below 12v if you intend to make it last long.

Lithium experts in the house may help you further �‍♂️
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 5:06am On Mar 11, 2021
Greetings house. Please is there a repairman in ogun state that can repair a luminous inverter. Please drop your number or mail. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2021
IYGEAL:
So I had my 8s1p array changed to 4s2p and acquired a 24V 3KVA Growatt hybrid inverter through @Olopan of Rendezvous Solar, to replace my SMKSOLAR. He got it for me at a price less than those I got elsewhere, and the delivery was swift.

Is there a separate device with which one can read the input and output parameters?

I'm curious, is Growatt Axpert variant? I think if it is, it's arguably better than the other variants.

You can get this.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vULolP

Please, what is the Highest Low Voltage Disconnect on the Growatt Hybrid inverter and maximum PV charging current?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2021
Dam5reey:

You can get this.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vULolP

Please, what is the Highest Low Voltage Disconnect on the Growatt Hybrid inverter and maximum PV charging current?

Thank you. I'd try it.

Maximum LVD is 24V.

For the 24v hybrid I'm using, maximum charge current is 80ams combined (50amps PV plus 30amps grid)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2021
410w Jinko solar panel now available, #75,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2021
Are you a retailer, contractor or an end user? contact us at Mary-Victor Engineering 08066332919 for

• Gaston Batteries 12V:5ah to 2V:1500ah
• Xantrex Inverter, Outback Inverters and Artronics Inverters
• Stavol and Tengen Stabilizers 2KVA to 300KVA
• Emerson(Liebert), Leums and Artronics UPS 650VA to 1000KVA

We Offices in Lagos & Abuja And we do Nationwide Delivery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2021
380w Yingli solar panel now available, #60,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m), manya(m), Dam5reey(m), obinna37(m), Nanoyear, dacool1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.