Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071936 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peterpeteru: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
earthrealm:

500ah at 48v, will power it ok.
ar 24v, not so ideal, will power it, but not good for long term health of the battery

It's at 24v.
Thanks a tonne for your response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
Both PV and NEPA input

NB: earthing a PV frame is not lighting protection, but it does have it's advantage too.

An SPD is the one of the best way to protect your investment .... Both AC & DC

Or simply isolate both poles of input to your system, if SPD no dey at every instance it wants to rain. grin
Peterlove11:

For the lightening/thunderstorm, is the problem only from the pv side or both pv and ac input. Because I lost an inverter to thunderstorm recently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AkoEja: 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
olopan:
Hey brother
I can get you a sweet deal on your battery storage using like six 2.4KWh Pylontech or if BYD LVL premium 15.4KWh, if interested we can juxtapose what best and maybe you can do it modularly as cash comes in. Contact is in bio.

Saipro can link you up with many if your victron equipment accessories but only that fails I can be of help too

Hi, thanks. I cannot find your contact, where is the bio you referred to?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
The signature just under this message or kindly click through my profile page to see signature on profile.

AkoEja:

Hi, thanks. I cannot find your contact, where is the bio you referred to?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
[s]Din Rail 2P ATS Dual Power Automatic Transfer Switch Electrical Selector Switches Uninterrupted Power 100A

1pc 13K[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
@olopan & other gurus in house - Please how can one determine the SPD rating to use for protection. Is by Solar panel configuration/capacity or inverter capacity?

Thank you.

olopan:
Both PV and NEPA input

NB: earthing a PV frame is not lighting protection, but it does have it's advantage too.

An SPD is the one of the best way to protect your investment .... Both AC & DC

Or simply isolate both poles of input to your system, if SPD no dey at every instance it wants to rain. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
olopan:
Okay, what inverter type is the office using and what capacity?

I actually know what I need and all these questions are not necessary. Just give me an idea of what you have.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
I'm thinking of buying an EV from China grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
olopan:
Good morning everyone, Trust we all had a splendid weekend

To put in a word on the ongoing authenticity of Canadian posted earlier.

I have to be honest with some fact .... Based on evidence of that sticker

This i conclude as I have being in market to select things in person before

1. The displayed Canadian panel is doubtful
The edges are not consistent with its cut also the air pockets are dead give away.

Twice have I being nearly push to buy such unauthentic products

2. He said something of truth though, they bring in dirt cheap panels of a particular brand .... Looks good on the outside but best to shieve through your product yourself to prevent getting those with corroded MC4 connector.

With these I'd say buyer should proceed with caution and to ensure everyone happiness - buyer and seller .... See what you buying ...

Know this " if your gut says it's not real, then it's not"

Stay safe and have a wonderful week ahead.

Awoof dey purge belle grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
Saipro:

Been offline awhile. Reading through. Went outside to check my alternate array just now and I can verify your post.

Hmmm see as this man is just rocking my panels. ABI I should colet my thing back grin I no supply again grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
AkoEja:
I am looking to purchase/upgrade to a Lithium battery pack preferably Pylontech or Weco.
BYD is preferred actually but it's a bit more expensive.
Between 7.5 to 12.5 kwh depending on price
The battery will go with a Victron multiplex(already owned)
Will also need a good MPPT charge controller 60 A and Victron colour control GX
Can anyone supply this?
Need this asap
I am based in Amuwo , Lagos

Chat 08117398294 if you still need the ccgx and bluesolar
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2021
zeestone99:
Available now

Sunline 5kva 80amps mppt hybrid inverter with inbuilt WiFi for remote access and mobile app access.

Price - 299k

Call/chat - 08117398294

2 units left.

Also available

3kva axpert 50a pwm - 125k
3kva axpert 40a mppt - 145k

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good doing business with wilmaria14, supplied and installed 2 panel with ba3t at ikorodu, even with the rain he make sure everything is completed.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2021
ebocoms:
@olopan & other gurus in house - Please how can one determine the SPD rating to use for protection. Is by Solar panel configuration/capacity or inverter capacity?

Thank you.

Your total solar Voltage is important,.make sure it's lower than total vdc of the SPD. Most mini PV set-up SPD are either 300v or 600v. The 300v will be sufficient for most setups but high PVs controllers will use 600 or more depending on set-up.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2021
Pylontech US2000 2.4KWh - NGN 630,000
BYD LVL 15.4 Premium - 4,469,000

adrusa:

I actually know what I need and all these questions are not necessary. Just give me an idea of what you have.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sam2kenny: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2021
AyarmBoye:
what about riter or genus tabular battery?

My 1 million advice never buy known brand like luminous, index, ritar from Alaba, 95% of those batteries are fake and refurbished.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 8:44am On Mar 24, 2021
abbeymighty:
Good doing business with wilmaria14, supplied and installed 2 panel with ba3t at ikorodu, even with the rain he make sure everything is completed.
Thanks bro
tanks man na d deal some guys say is not real or awof be dis ooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2021
sam2kenny:

My 1 million advice never buy known brand like luminous, index, ritar from Alaba, 95% of those batteries are fake and refurbished.

Please tell them where to buy o because buying outside of alaba does not mean it's not from alaba

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Thanks very much for your reply @ojeysky.

ojeysky:

Your total solar Voltage is important,.make sure it's lower than total vdc of the SPD. Most mini PV set-up SPD are either 300v or 600v. The 300v will be sufficient for most setups but high PVs controllers will use 600 or more depending on set-up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2021
ojeysky:

Please tell them where to buy o because buying outside of alaba does not mean it's not from alaba
u killed it boss
Which other solar market in lagos and Nigeria if I am not mistaken is bigger Dan alaba
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AyarmBoye(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2021
sam2kenny:

ha nah alaba I one go o... thanks for the heads up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
ojeysky:

The issue is not buying from Alaba but getting the authentic product.

Like @kiekie posted sometime back, you see the blue Luminous flooding Alaba, but Luminous company in Nigeria doesn't sell it.The only SMF they have is K- Star which they haven't had new stocks for months now.They now sell mainly tubular battery.

As at my last call few weeks back,the new Luminous NGRT battery goes for 164k.

Go few threads back and see the price our Alaba people are quoting.

For Index battery,there is a company in Ilupeju ,Lagos,Multi power,the bring in Index battery.They are the manufacturers of Mpower, and Multi power brand of inverter and batteries.

I called some weeks back and they just got their stock.Index SMF goes for 125k.

For Amaron,there is also a company, D2H Ltd ,that sells Amaron Quanta battery.Also in Ilupeju.

Just google the names,you will get the address and contact of these companies.

For Luminous,Simba Industries have offices in Ericmoore in Surulere,Ikeja and Oregun.

For Haustrom products( Glow Energy,Microtek,GSRinverters and batteries), their office is at Fatai Atere Way,Mushin,beside STARTIMES OFFICE).

I haven't been able to figure our for Ritar but I personally will not buy those known brands of batteries from Alaba. I have had my share of bitter experience too which made me go directly to the companies that will honour their warranty.

For the regular cheapoo 70k,80k batteries,you can go to Alaba but be ready to buy another battery 8 months down the line.

If you cannot buy from the companies because of logistics issue,then you can try out some of the sellers here.I am not promoting anyone in particular but @kiekie is someone I have dealt with on 2 different occasions and had no issues.His price might be a bit high but based on my past experiences with him he is straight forward. He might also sound a bit arrogant but its something some of us can overlook as the price to pay for quality in an environment where honesty has become gold

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
AyarmBoye:
ha nah alaba I one go o... thanks for the heads up
guy d only tin I will tell u not to buy or be very careful when buying is luminous block and tubular mostly and fulriver block battery, ritar too only if u have a good source of getting it d rest brand u will get Dem at it best bro both price and d rest me na alaba guy so I know what d market are made of dat is all boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
D reason most of u fall victims for alaba guys is dat u love to buy big names dey are other very good brand of product der u have to try note dat where Mercedes reach Hyundai go reach too dat is all, even we dat sell dis days no dey buy from luminous dem self again, der Bleep up don too much. if e no be (multi power, east man, or GRS) my guy go buy car battery use grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
wilmaria14:
D reason most of u fall victims for alaba guys is dat u love to buy big names dey are other very good brand of product der u have to try note dat where Mercedes reach Hyundai go reach too dat is all, even we dat sell dis days no dey buy from luminous dem self again, der Bleep up don too much. if e no be (multi power, east man, or GRS) my guy go buy car battery use grin

It's not just about big name its about quality.Most of the known brands have proven to be tested and trusted.I have use Fullriver battery before,even though bought used from @kiekie and I used it for well over 2 years.Meanwhile,I was convinced to buy Viforce battery some years back,it barely lasted 7 months.I am sure people will buy the unknown names if their quality is also guaranteed.Multipower,Eastman,GSR are known names and top quality too though!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
omotoda:

I agree and my message to you was so you provide more detail, there are both fakes and original at alaba, and everywhere else. It just depends on where one is checking and I hope your detailed response will help someone who care about getting the real thing

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
omotoda:

It's not just about big name its about quality.Most of the known brands have proven to be tested and trusted.I have use Fullriver battery before,even though bought used from @kiekie and I used it for well over 2 years.Meanwhile,I was convinced to buy Viforce battery some years back,it barely lasted 7 months.I am sure people will buy the unknown names if their quality is also guaranteed.Multipower,Eastman,GSR are known names and top quality too though!!
even me as a business man battery don put me for problem very well now I enjoy selling panels and GRS, EAST MAN OR MULTI POWER TUBULAR batteries and enjoy d little money made from it Dan selling 100 luminous tubular or block
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
omotoda:

Like @kiekie posted sometime back, you see the blue Luminous flooding Alaba, but Luminous company in Nigeria doesn't sell it.The only SMF they have is K- Star which they haven't had new stocks for months now.They now sell mainly tubular battery.

For Index battery,there is a company in Ilupeju ,Lagos,Multi power,the bring in Index battery.They are the manufacturers of Mpower, and Multi power brand of inverter and batteries.

For Amaron,there is also a company, D2H Ltd ,that sells Amaron Quanta battery.Also in Ilupeju.

For Luminous,Simba Industries have offices in Ericmoore in Surulere,Ikeja and Oregun.

For Haustrom products( Glow Energy,Microtek,GSRinverters and batteries), their office is at Fatai Atere Way,Mushin,beside STARTIMES OFFICE).

I haven't been able to figure our for Ritar but I personally will not buy those known brands of batteries from Alaba. I have had my share of bitter experience too which made me go directly to the companies that will honour their warranty.

For the regular cheapoo 70k,80k batteries,you can go to Alaba but be ready to buy another battery 8 months down the line.

If you cannot buy from the companies because of logistics issue,then you can try out some of the sellers here.I am not promoting anyone in particular but @kiekie is someone I have dealt with on 2 different occasions and had no issues.His price might be a bit high but based on my past experiences with him he is straight forward. He might also sound a bit arrogant but its something some of us can overlook as the price to pay for quality in an environment where honesty has become gold
that logistics is what prevents many people from going to hand pick what they want to buy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
FLASH SALES! ALL BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY!!

1) SMK 12/48v 40a (150v) mppt ..65,000

2) Schneider 1.5kva 24v Solar/hybrid pure sinewave inverter ... 80,000

3) Axpert 3000w 24v solar/hybrid pure sinewave lcd wall mount inverter with inbuilt 40a mppt SOLAR charge controller .... 180,000

4) Sorotec 3000w 24v (inbuilt 100a mppt) pure sinewave hybrid inverter .... 210,000

5) German Phocos 5kw 48v hybrid inverter ..... 550,000

6) Axpert 5kva 48v (50a , 90voc inbuilt solar controller) pure sinewave hybrid inverter ... 200k

7) Foreign pro solar roof mount set "Comfortably takes 4 units of 300-500w panels" ..... 34,000

cool WeCO ESS 5k3 lithium battery, 5.3kwh 51.2v ... 1.5m (Expecting stock)

9) WeCO ESS 4K4 lithium battery, 4.35kwh 51.2v ..... 1.350m (Available)

10) Quanta 200a battery ..... 138,000 "2 units above" , 140,00 "unit price".

11) Exulted 230a Tubular battery.... 120,000

12) Genus 230a lead carbon Tubular battery... 130,000

13) Ritar 200AH 12V .... 125,000

14) Ritar 150AH 12V slim ..... 105,000

15) Ritar 105AH 12V Slim ... 85,000

16) Victron SmartSolar 250/100 mppt= 450,000

17) Victron Color Control GX = 250,000

18) V.E Bus to USB (Interface MK3-USB) = 45,000

19) Victron Multiplus 48V 5kva Inverter = 800,000

20) Victron Battery Monitor BM702 = N85,000

21) Victron Quattro 10kva 48 =1,700,000

22) Victron Quattro 15kva 48VDC = N2,150,000

23) Felicity 3kva 24v "inbuilt 60a" hybrid pure sinewave inverter .... 175,000

24) Yohako 3kva 24v hybrid pure sinewave inverter ... 165,000

*Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!*

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 6,500
Electrolyte 25L (Accurate specific gravity) ...7,500

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

YOU CAN PICK UP SOME ITEMS IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
omotoda:

Am just seeing this Boss man .. Thanks & God bless !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sam2kenny: 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
I know wetin them do me last year December. My advice if you want to buy brand go to their office, Ritar is close to Guardian newspaper, luminous is at simba ikeja, surulere, index at ilupeju. Some unknown brands are good but, shine your eyes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
It was this same sketchy quality and unexplained failures that made me ultimately dump lead acid for Lithium.

You make an install with 16 lead acid batteries and battery balancing in place even good grades like Quanta and you would be praying one year should pass on time grin Once the batteries pass the 2 year mark you go dey answer customer calls with confidence but that first year when you see customer call your mind go shake small.

These were all good grade batteries mind but lead acid just had a way of randomly dissappointing espcially large installs with 12v - you just needed one battery in the bank to drift and gbege go start.

One warranty claim paid out of pocket could eat up the profits from several jobs.

With Lithium there is a lot more confidence and the ability to access cell level data and balance the cells just makes everything smooth. When any customer on PylonTech or other Lithium calls me, I know they want to discuss buying more batteries to get more backup time or buying a larger inverter so they can run larger loads grin grin grin

With Lithium, goodbye to 'Please come check this inverter o, it looks like the backup time is reducing....'

sam2kenny:
I know wetin them do me last year December. My advice if you want to buy brand go to their office, Ritar is close to Guardian newspaper, luminous is at simba ikeja, surulere, index at ilupeju. Some unknown brands are good but, shine your eyes

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: sharks776(m), data123(m), Jicqueville, de3lar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.