Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2088568 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Holumiedey(m): 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
If you're still in need 0-8-0-2-4-5-8-6-8-9-1
AkoEja:
I am looking to purchase/upgrade to a Lithium battery pack preferably Pylontech or Weco.
BYD is preferred actually but it's a bit more expensive.
Between 7.5 to 12.5 kwh depending on price
The battery will go with a Victron multiplex(already owned)
Will also need a good MPPT charge controller 60 A and Victron colour control GX
Can anyone supply this?
Need this asap
I am based in Amuwo , Lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
earthrealm:

so we are about wrapping up this group buy, , i am impressed by the turnout, we have about 140 cells being demanded for, our target is 190 cells, so now is the time for interested folk to join.. options are available for people who dont want to pay full money

Am interested pls add 0806742-3970
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
saint2ace:

Am interested pls add 0806742-3970

Ahh bros, na mow ypu dey wake?...
Boat don sail o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
earthrealm:

Boat don sail o.

He may make the third CBM
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:19am On Mar 25, 2021
Available now

Avr and current limiter - 9k
watt meter - 7.5k

Lumiax 60amps 12/24/48v mppt charge controller with inbuilt Bluetooth - 100k

Lumiax 40amps 12/24v mppt charge controller with inbuilt Bluetooth - 58k

View and alter settings via mobile app, controller comes with inbuilt lithium profile.

Call/chat - 08117398294

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 6:45am On Mar 25, 2021
I have a 24v serup, 4 pieces of 12v 200ah battery connected in 2s2p, i noticed that runtime has reduced much, used a volt meter to test the natteries this morning,
1 leg of each parallel bank read 10.3v, while the other leg was 12.4v.
Am thinking of rearranging the batts, and using busbar,
Is putting the 2 batts of similar voltage help ?.
Ie form 1 string with the 2 batts reading 12.4volts and amother string with the batts reading 10.3volts and then parallel them, or should i leave them the way they are?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 7:05am On Mar 25, 2021
earthrealm:

Boat don sail o.

Bros na when money complete oh. But no wahala; thanks for the mention.......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2021
In theory this should work but real life is another matter.

Splitting the bank and adding up matched batteries in series then using a bus bar to place them in parallel should enable the stronger batteries discharge into the weak ones and ultimately balance out.

The issue is that the batteries at 10.3v may have lost capacity and no magic arrangment can fix that.

What you need to do is isolate the two batteries at 10.3v, charge them fully and discharge them and charge back a few times then test their capacity - if capacity matched with the stronger batteries then you can use your bus bar arrangement going forward.

Worst case you have two decent batteries and two scrap which have some salvage value.

If the weak batteries at 10.3v have lost capacity relative to the other two at 12.4v then do not add them back else they may kill off the remaining two good batteries.

shithapuns:
I have a 24v serup, 4 pieces of 12v 200ah battery connected in 2s2p, i noticed that runtime has reduced much, used a volt meter to test the natteries this morning,
Ie form 1 string with the 2 batts reading 12.4volts and amother string with the batts reading 10.3volts and then parallel them, or should i leave them the way they are?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:32am On Mar 25, 2021
shithapuns:

Should have installed balancers and desulphators from the onset.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 7:39am On Mar 25, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
In theory this should work but real life is another matter.

Splitting the bank and adding up matched batteries in series then using a bus bar to place them in parallel should enable the stronger batteries discharge into the weak ones and ultimately balance out.

The issue is that the batteries at 10.3v may have lost capacity and no magic arrangment can fix that.

What you need to do is isolate the two batteries at 10.3v, charge them fully and discharge them and charge back a few times then test their capacity - if capacity matched with the stronger batteries then you can use your bus bar arrangement going forward.

Worst case you have two decent batteries and two scrap which have some salvage value.

If the weak batteries at 10.3v have lost capacity relative to the other two at 12.4v then do not add them back else they may kill off the remaining two good batteries.

Thanks, its a remote offgrid setup, wont be available to do the charge and recharge issh.
Bank is almost 5yrs old, flooded tubular, so want to squueze the last ounce of life from them. Will arrange the 2 reading 12volts and above to form1 bank, and the bad ones, another bank. With the busbar.it would be easy for me to take offline any weak string.

@Iygeal, yeah at balancers, at time of install, not so common, and from experience fla dont really need Balancer s.
I have a desulphator hooked up at install

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Solarrookie: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2021
Solarrookie:
Big Shoutout to the Bosses in the house.

As my Monicker implies, I am a rookie with "chikini" background in renewable energy.

I recently moved into a remote area and got some tier 4 600 watts mono panels for myself (150 x 4) for a 12 volts setup. I also got a 50 amps PWM charge controller and 10m cable dual core cable.

I arranged the photovoltaic array in parallel for more current (A) and positioned for proper exposure to sun radiation. Although I must confess that the distance from the rooftop to the panel isn't up to 5 inches.

Distance from Panel to CC = 8 Meters.

The reason for this post

1. The highest current I have recorded is 16amps (1st week after installation) at maximum voltage.

2. Now I record less than 12 amps even on sunny days.

3. Total AH per day is within 60 - 66ah.

I have installed a similar setup sometime in the past but with a different chinko 60 amps PWM controller and saw 20amps current output. Something is telling me to call my base and ask them to send me 60amps PWM (That brand i used in the past) but i feel its going to be a wasted effort.

I know you all will say "Buy MPPT", I will buy one by the end of the month for checks but please recommend between EpEver, PowMr and MakeSlyblue.

Expert suggestions will be appreciated.

CC Ceasar, Olopan, Valto, NiyiOmoIyunade, earthrealm, Eleojo23, Trippledots, Mctfopt, IYGEAL

You guys are king!

Hello Bosses and Friends,

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who proffered solutions when I posted the problem with my setup.

So yesterday I had enough and decided to climb to the roof (This has been my challenge as I am always working or tired and exhausted after the days work).

I climbed to the roof, started with washing the panels and letting them dry, then I proceeded to real troubleshooting.

I noticed that 2 panels weren't working well. They had open circuits at the panel output hence they weren't producing any voltage.

So I started with rectifying those issues and retesting. I also worked on tilting and panel position.

Guess what? I got over 32 amps on my PWM charge controller. This wasn't a sunny day at all.

So my "Tier 4" panels aren't "Tier 4" actually. But don't blame me, blame those Alaba Marketers who change the specification sheet on panels and sell as branded panels.

I have come to agree that "Chinese Panels" aren't as bad after all but it's a BAD THING TO REBRAND A CHINESE SOLAR PANEL AS JINKO OR CANADIAN SOLAR.

I know it won't last 25 years but who cares? Let the sun rule!

Thank you all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
shithapuns:

Thanks, its a remote offgrid setup, wont be available to do the charge and recharge issh.
Bank is almost 5yrs old, flooded tubular, so want to squueze the last ounce of life from them. Will arrange the 2 reading 12volts and above to form1 bank, and the bad ones, another bank. With the busbar.it would be easy for me to take offline any weak string.

@Iygeal, yeah at balancers, at time of install, not so common, and from experience fla dont really need Balancer s.

Bank has really tried o

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OCTAVO: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
shithapuns:

Flooded tubular battery all the way! Just get original product and you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good afternoon house, regards to all the bosses in the house, please, does anyone has this buck converter 20Amps, 300 watt or 30Amps 400watt for sale ? And also this Ceepro 600watt pure sine wave inverter?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
OCTAVO:

Flooded tubular battery all the way! Just get original product and you are good to go.

Tubular get maintenance wahala jooo.You have to put them in well ventilated place again!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
omotoda:

Tubular get maintenance wahala jooo.You have to put them in well ventilated place again!!!

That ventilation thing is just a turn off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
220ah 12v Luminuos tubular battery still available, #120,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
2kva 12v Genus inverter now available, #80,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
80A felicity MPPT charge controller still available, #95,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Felicity inverters still available.
2.5kva 24v - #135,000
3.5kva 24v - #160,000
5kva 24v - #225,000
5kva 48v - #230,000
7.5kva 48v - #260,000
10kva 48v - #340,000.

Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
omotoda:

The issue is not buying from Alaba but getting the authentic product.

Like @kiekie posted sometime back, you see the blue Luminous flooding Alaba, but Luminous company in Nigeria doesn't sell it.The only SMF they have is K- Star which they haven't had new stocks for months now.They now sell mainly tubular battery.

As at my last call few weeks back,the new Luminous NGRT battery goes for 164k.

Go few threads back and see the price our Alaba people are quoting.

For Index battery,there is a company in Ilupeju ,Lagos,Multi power,the bring in Index battery.They are the manufacturers of Mpower, and Multi power brand of inverter and batteries.

I called some weeks back and they just got their stock.Index SMF goes for 125k.

For Amaron,there is also a company, D2H Ltd ,that sells Amaron Quanta battery.Also in Ilupeju.

Just google the names,you will get the address and contact of these companies.

For Luminous,Simba Industries have offices in Ericmoore in Surulere,Ikeja and Oregun.

For Haustrom products( Glow Energy,Microtek,GSRinverters and batteries), their office is at Fatai Atere Way,Mushin,beside STARTIMES OFFICE).

I haven't been able to figure our for Ritar but I personally will not buy those known brands of batteries from Alaba. I have had my share of bitter experience too which made me go directly to the companies that will honour their warranty.

For the regular cheapoo 70k,80k batteries,you can go to Alaba but be ready to buy another battery 8 months down the line.

If you cannot buy from the companies because of logistics issue,then you can try out some of the sellers here.I am not promoting anyone in particular but @kiekie is someone I have dealt with on 2 different occasions and had no issues.His price might be a bit high but based on my past experiences with him he is straight forward. He might also sound a bit arrogant but its something some of us can overlook as the price to pay for quality in an environment where honesty has become gold

This battery thing is very dicey, hence I will speak only about what i know - the emboldened.

How do we reconcile this direct experience:

Last December, when Luminous began their battery swap promo, i reached out to one of their accredited distributors featured on their very own website and, after showing me proofs of his distributorship with Luminous and even awards he has won from them, quoted 114k as the price he sells his Luminous Tubular NRGT series.

In fact, he said they were doing a promo and that prices will return to 120k by January 20th. Around this same time, official price of the same battery was about 140k on Luminous' website.

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:13am On Mar 26, 2021
odimbannamdi:

This battery thing is very dicey, hence I will speak only about what i know - the emboldened.

How do we reconcile this direct experience:

Last December, when Luminous began their battery swap promo, i reached out to one of their accredited distributors featured on their very own website and, after showing me proofs of his distributorship with Luminous and even awards he has won from them, quoted 114k as the price he sells his Luminous Tubular NRGT series.

In fact, he said they were doing a promo and that prices will return to 120k by January 20th. Around this same time, official price of the same battery was about 140k on Luminous' website.

What are your thoughts?
Discount/rebate for distributors
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2021
mahkanjuh:
Good afternoon house, regards to all the bosses in the house, please, does anyone has this buck converter 20Amps, 300 watt or 30Amps 400watt for sale ? And also this Ceepro 600watt pure sine wave inverter?
You didn't state which voltage you're starting with and which you want to end up with i.e. input and output voltage DC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2021
100AH 12v Neptune battery is available, #42,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2021
150w sunfield solar floodlight still available, #22,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2021
Saipro:

Discount/rebate for distributors

Thank you. Most companies discourage direct sales to end users in order to create market for distributors. If everybody goes to the company ton buy then how will the distributors ,who are the ones promoting the company's brand make money?.So they hike the price while they give discount to distributors. It is the same logic with airlines. You can actually get flight rates cheaper from the travel agents that the airline itself!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We still set the pace the lead in distilled water production  with the quality of our distilled water.

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

With the commitment we have to excellence in water distillation we have been able to keep existing clients, along bringside bringing new clients on board.

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Our results continually speaks for us.
Resistance 0.0 (Inference- No mineral Content)
Capacitance 1.3 (Inference-Negligible Chemical composition)

Distilled water sold at #5000 (1LĂ—12 pack)

Distilled water sold at #6500 (with free 25L Gallon)

Electrolyte at #8000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2021
omotoda:

Thank you. Most companies discourage direct sales to end users in order to create market for distributors. If everybody goes to the company ton buy then how will the distributors ,who are the ones promoting the company's brand make money?.So they hike the price while they give discount to distributors. It is the same logic with airlines. You can actually get flight rates cheaper from the travel agents that the airline itself!

This does make some sense. I totally agree

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jamesid29(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
ojeysky:
I just saw this, looks like it's going to be a sunny week, but men prime is a good panel. It did 8w during the night cool
Good evening boss. Abeg no vex for the unusual question.
Pls where did u get it prime panels from and what web application and hardware are using for your system monitoring.

Thanks for ur time boss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Solarrookie:

Thank you King!

EPEver is premium but have you used PowMr?

I saw videos with some people saying that the Charge controller is less efficient and the 60A is actually 40A.

It's cheap though.

Ojeysky, I sight you!

It may be less efficient, though yet to compare it with a known brand to confirm that. And if it is, how much of efficiency do you get to give up is what I also can't be sure about. But the 60 amps is definitely 60amps. Except maybe that has changed of recent.

For a quick and less costly acquisition of an MPPT CC that works well for the bucks and almost as good as a number of "premium brands" like Felicity MPPT CC, PowMr is a way to go.

Something that comes close to it is MakeSkyBlue, but that one isuch more expensive than PowMr but I honestly can't really tell much difference in performance of the two after like 2 plus years experience with both brands.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
justcallmenuel:
200w Extra power All in one solar street light now available, #18,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

This does not have PIR sensor, does it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:33pm On Mar 26, 2021
Saipro:

Those who "claim not to be pros but we know them" might hate me for saying this (as it's something anyone who's done reasonable research should know, long-time installers know and copycats might know with this post) but ... you should by now have realised Canadian Solar modules aren't made in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) (972) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Fiyincious and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.