Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo (1922 Views)

Toyin Saraki Joins The Obamas, Usher & Others For Event At The White House. PICS / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins The Board Of Gavi / Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by McKren(m): 4:02am On Feb 01, 2010
Okocha To Mobilise Youths For Soludo

FORMER Super Eagles Captain, Austin Okocha has joined in the campaign for Professor Charles Soludo's election as the Governor of Anambra State in the forthcoming election.

Specifically, the football star said he has concluded arrangements to mobilise youths in all the nooks and crannies of the state in the quest to rally support for the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Disclosing this at a parley organised in honour of Soludo by the Anambra Indigenes and Friends yesterday, the erstwhile football talisman said even though he was not involved in partisan politics, he could not afford to be indifferent to a candidate "who has drawn up a comprehensive programme of engaging so many youths productively."

Okocha regrettably attributed the frequency of criminal activities like political violence, assassinations, cultism clashes, prostitution, armed robbery and kidnapping to unemployment.

He said he was sure that should Soludo emerge Governor of Anambra, the trend would change for the better.

Okocha humorously added: "If I had not discovered my talent in football early enough, I probably would have been one of the kidnapping kingpins today."

He said even though his parents came from Delta State and he grew up in Enugu, he still regard himself as an indigene of Anambra State.

"In any case", argued the football hero, "Professor Soludo is a national icon and all well-meaning Nigerians should support his vision to make Anambra a model state in development, which will make the nation develop faster and better."

The reception party which held at Colonades Hotel was well attended by entrepreneurs, technocrats and professionals from Anambra State including Chief C. C. Ifeanyi, the immediate past president of the Association of Anambra Town Unions in Lagos; Engineer Boniface Madubuenyi of Mabon Petroleum Group and Donatus Okonkwo, one of the gubernatorial candidates in the forthcoming election who is widely expected to step down for Soludo this weekend.

The boy (Okocha) who grew up in the old Anambra State giving his bit to bring about change in the State.

No matter what happens on Saturday, Soludo has run a very brilliant campaign and mobilised people from all class of the society.

No matter what heppens, Soludo has set a standard on how to run a Guber campaign.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by marshal4us(m): 4:24am On Feb 01, 2010
the die is cast,
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by aloyemeka2: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2010
Why is Anambra holding their election before 2011?. If the incumbent governor gets kicked out for the next term, don't you think he will clean up the remainder of the state's coffers?
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by onyengbu1(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2010
Aloy that question about why election is holding now is quite lame.
Where on earth have you been.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Goldmind1(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2010
@Onye ngbu

Onye ngbu I no n'ofe. Ur name too sweet me.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2010
Commissioner for youth & sport in the making
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by slap1(m): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2010
So that N2bn neva finish?
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by chidichris(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2010
who cares if kanu nwankwo and mikel obi support soludo. the issue here is that he is of pdp and as such we do not trsut them.
we have been expecting amodu to join the campeign.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2010
I've always said that the Governorship place is Soludo's to lose.

Meanwhile, I see Okocha as a potential future politician.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
lol @ Aloy-emeka's question!
So you dont know that after what happened with Ngige, Obi and the whole 'mandate-stealing saga' Anambra State is now one year ahead (or three years behind) in the election calendar.

Na only to copy and paste you know. Lol!

Anyway, back to the topic.
@ poster

There's nothing spectacularly different in Soludo's method of campaigning. Infat I'm quiet dissapointed that he chose to join the bad wagon when he could have so easily made a difference! Like Omo Ibo said Okocha obviously has his own hidden agenda so I wouldn't be so carried away if I were you.

My fingers are crossed. I think history wiill be made on Feb 6th.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
Okocha has recieved his own consignment of ghana must go bags stuffed with cool minted naira notes ay shocked grin
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2010
MrCrackles:

Okocha has recieved his own consignment of ghana must go bags stuffed with cool minted naira notes ay shocked grin
LMAO
I no fit shout!

Looks like his club in Lagos does't generate enough money.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
More money to his pocket
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by otawa: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
No matter what happens on Saturday, Soludo has run a very brilliant campaign and mobilised people from all class of the society.

as if this is what makes a good governor.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by McKren(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
We are turning into a country of CYNICS.

If one can not hold a political view without being paid to do so. It follows that while Okocha may have been paid to support Soludo, others would have been not to do so.

So you guys might like to start by telling us who paid you to oppose Soludo and how much you were paid?
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by queenesthr(f): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
PDP has dealt mercilessly with Anambra State. Soludo or no Soludo, Anambra state does not want PDP.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by chosen04(f): 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
The reception party which held at Colonades Hotel was well attended by entrepreneurs, technocrats and professionals from Anambra State including Chief C. C. Ifeanyi, the immediate past president of the Association of Anambra Town Unions in Lagos; Engineer Boniface Madubuenyi of Mabon Petroleum Group and Donatus Okonkwo, one of the gubernatorial candidates in the forthcoming election who is widely expected to step down for Soludo this weekend.

Its Obvious money must have changed hands.

What is in a name?
Why is[b] Okonkwo Donatus[/b], donating this governorship ticket to Soludo at the last minute?
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by chosen04(f): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
queenesthr:

PDP has dealt mercilessly with Anambra State. Soludo or no Soludo, Anambra state does not want PDP.

True talk.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by citizenY(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
Anambra, show us the way. You have the golden chance to throw the
first hammer in our efforts to bring destroy his house of infamy cqlled PDP.

Please do not DISGRACE US.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by aloyemeka2: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
Okocha should be careful before they assassinate him o.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
queenesthr:

If PDP doesnt muscle and rig themselves into power, there will prolly be bloodshed. .
I am sure plans are already in place, to ensure they win at all cost. . .But God can definitely take control and overturn any Ojoro. . .
Please lord, may the candidate with the right number of legitimate votes win!!!!!!
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
PDP OR NO PDP.
SOLUDO IS THE MAN.
VOTE SOLUDO 4 CHANGE
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by keyremotes(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
The one left over from what he lost to Societe General Bank will now finish.
LOL!!!
Dangerous water to swim in in Nigeria.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2010
citizenY:

Anambra, show us the way. You have the golden chance to throw the
first hammer in our efforts to bring destroy his house of infamy cqlled PDP.

Please do not DISGRACE US.

Its no more "god" you guys have been waiting to show you the "way", now, its Anambra people?
If you like, keep waiting for Anambrarians to come fight your fight even when you cant question your sitting LGA Councillor. undecided
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by MrCrackles(m): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
kentorito:

PDP OR NO PDP.
SOLUDO IS THE MAN.
VOTE SOLUDO 4 CHANGE
If people vote Soludo and he doesnt change anything, Amadioha will send thunder, fire and brimstones round your way!!
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by otawa: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2010
PDP OR NO PDP.
SOLUDO IS THE MAN.
VOTE SOLUDO 4 CHANGE

yet again we make same mistake again and again.

no good can come out of PDP.

You cannot plant cocoyam and expect to harvest beans. It does not work that way.

anyone with PDP is only after his/her own selfish end.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by AndreUweh(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
There is nothing wrong with Okocha supporting Soludo. Here in the UK, Sir Alex is one of the biggest financiers of the Labour party.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Eziachi: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2010
OMO IBO:

I've always said that the Governorship place is Soludo's to lose.

Meanwhile, I see Okocha as a potential future politician.

Yeah! just like Pele in Brazil who was crap minister of sports in the 80s just because he kicks football and someone just thought to himself that Pele will make a good minister.
Apart from kicking a bag of wind for a living, what has Okocha managed in his life and now wielding into an election he is not even qualified to vote. What does he know about real everyday life?

Okocha potential politician? Pleaseeeeee!!
In Nigeria people always think that a doctor will make a good health minister or some idiot making victor Uwaifor sometime ago a commisioner for culture, just because the poor guy plays guiltar. And HE ARRIVED in govt, not knowing his left from his right.
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by Eziachi: 12:24am On Feb 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

There is nothing wrong with Okocha supporting Soludo. Here in the UK, Sir Alex is one of the biggest financiers of the Labour party.

The reason being that Sir Alex's father was a dedicated trade unionist to the core, was a shop steward in the Glasgow shipping yard when Sir Alex was growing up and that has impact on him as Labour party. Sir Alex himself has been a card caring member of the labour party since his 20s.

You can hardly say the same for our dear Jay Jay and PDP. If he knows the big connection between Societe Generale Bank that stole his hard earned cash and PDP people, he shouldn't be going anywhere near them. Dumb ass!!
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by skyone(m): 1:09am On Feb 02, 2010
Aloy i no go yab you again you sabi dig correct story out ha ha you be Lawyer
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by mamagee3(f): 2:11am On Feb 02, 2010
I thought Okocha is retired now, what more does he have to offer?
Re: Wow! Okocha Joins The Fray For Soludo by mustafar1: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2010
campaign dey go on. All you Anambra citizens are not asking ur aspirants/candidates how they intend to fund all the change,advancement and development they are preaching. instead you bring out drums and are praise singing the candidates. when work isnt getting done and you start getting lack of funds from whoever wins the election as a reason he hasnt done anything make una no make noise for here o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BokoHaram Top Secret Publication "It Is Time To Blast The Infildels" (PIC) / Why Is Jonathan Always Abroad When Ameachi Is Attacked? / Picture Of Gov. Suntai Of Taraba On His Arrival In Abuja Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.