Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess (20127 Views)

Mourinho Gives Surprising but Concrete Reason For Making Pogba Captain / Arsenal Goalkeeper Petr Cech Relishing Prospect Of Playing Man City And Man Utd / Benefits Of Playing Chess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by HomoDroid(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
kinkybunny:
I'm not sure anybody can beat me in chess.
if you think you can let me know

not bragging sha

Looked long and hard at your profile pix - you've no nose for mates; no element of chess found! Not even a mere queen's indian!

You wouldn't even id a mate in one if your life depends on it!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
cifo1145:

PM me via whatsapp I reside @ Ahmadiya axis let's duel....I have a place we can hang out n play the beautiful game of strategy.....then u can come online n tell the story afterwards....but I guess u won't be able to after the thrashing.... cool
PM me via whatsapp I reside @ Ahmadiya axis let's duel....I have a place we can hang out n play the beautiful game of strategy.....then u can come online n tell the story afterwards....but I guess u won't be able to after the thrashing....
haha, pm sent bro!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by just2endowed: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
kinkybunny:

not bragging sha

Am not bragging either but i can beat u
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by teepain: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
whitebeard:
I have seen badass chess players that are dull academically...!!

Perhaps such people paid more attention to their chess than academics. Chess can be addictive.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by cifo1145(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
bjhaid:
haha, pm sent bro!
No pm me on whatsapp 09033964822.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ayamprecious: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
manitoba:

Download chessok playing app or chess. Com app.

For those looking for who to play, go to facebook and join the page of Chess Professional Association of Nigeria(CPAN) and you will sure have someone in any of your location in Nigeria to play with. The mother association for chess in Nigeria Chess Federation (NCF) is headed by Mr Lekan Adeyemi. They also have an Fb Page.

There is a great community of Chess players at different part of Nigeria as well as FIDE Rated and Non Rated Tournaments.

Your location pls
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by SmellingAnus(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
vicfuntop:

Oh pls, grin I am a natural. You wouldn't want a woman to beat you. Game on
Lol. i could let a woman beat me if i know beating her may spoil other stuffs for me grin
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by prospero5(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
AlanSugar:

My best game before futbol! Lolz.
haha!!!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by jayriginal: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You on lichess? Add me up KooksRing. cool

I have issues with my phone currently but I should pick it up tomorrow hopefully. I'll add you then.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by prospero5(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
slimmax:

I was experiencing severe headache in 2009 I was the guy to beat in chess amongst my friends. so i stopped playing chess. Did I forget to mention I have a GLASS CHESS .

ömö, this thing involves so much thinking. so one cannot rule out headache.

haha!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by just2endowed: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
WHO WANNA PLAY CHESS
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by EFGH: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chess is life.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
vicfuntop:

Sure, but I haven't played online before
if you are on facebk...we can play via facebk. if you dont mind
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by sarutobie(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thukzee01:

1)when am using black i Do a Sicillian defense
but with White i have no best opening, i just do an early Castling, then try to control the center .
2)Internationally Gary Kasparov
Locally - Momoh Daniel (No 7 in AAUA 2016).
3)am a Local champion i.e No rating

any worthy Opponent
i stay in Igbe Ikorodu
From your post, you definitely know a thing or two about chess.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by akandi4u(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
meet kasparov
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
SmellingAnus:
Lol. i could let a woman beat me if i know beating her may spoil other stuffs for me grin

Like what cheesy
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
ruggedtimi:
if you are on facebk...we can play via facebk. if you dont mind

Not on Facebook but if there is any other platform, you can let me know. Do you really want a woman to beat you
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by bayocanny: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
kinkybunny:

not bragging sha
Where do u stay, I would like to play with u
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by TeekayCarter: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
kinkybunny:

not bragging sha

yes I can. want a duet?
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
vicfuntop:

Not on Facebook but if there is any other platform, you can let me know. Do you really want a woman to beat you
lol...no gender when playing chess...you sure, you can beat me?
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by feeshbaba(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
totally agreetotally agreetotally agree

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by utioh(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
Any interested player should Add me on Chess.com, let's play!
Username = utioh
Chess is Life!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
ruggedtimi:
lol...no gender when playing chess...you sure, you can beat me?

I'll crush you and smellinganus simultaneously
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by feeshbaba(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
larmu:
As much as chess is great and all that...gimme god of war,assassin's creed or COD any day...and my brain will become sharper than a two edged sword,my intellect improves,my memory improves,my brain is exercised wella and so much more...oh and I learn how to be tactical...can I use these skills in real life...emphatically YES

same goes with chess. you can relate it with life itself. cuz it requires taking big and smal decisions. Its more like fighting for survival and every step matters.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by feeshbaba(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Yinkatolu:
Queen of Katwe
try and see "pawn sacrifice" too
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Please guys let's create whatsapp group for chess players... Contact me if you want to join 08135877992
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
What online platforms are you?
vicfuntop:

I'll crush you and smellinganus simultaneously
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
luqaz:
What online platforms are you?

None jo. Haven't played online before. Just bragging
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
vicfuntop:

None jo. Haven't played online before. Just bragging

Are you in Lagos?
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Lekki area, should holla!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
luqaz:

Are you in Lagos?

Abeokuta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robert Lewandowski Ruled Out Of UCL Return Leg Against Chelsea / Nation First & Forever: Onana's Official Statement After Suspension from team / Maradona Signed To Dorados de Sinaloa Club Where Drug Kingpin El Chapo Reigned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.