Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,338 members, 7,829,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess (20150 Views)

Mourinho Gives Surprising but Concrete Reason For Making Pogba Captain / Arsenal Goalkeeper Petr Cech Relishing Prospect Of Playing Man City And Man Utd / Benefits Of Playing Chess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
luqaz:

We can meet at Ikeja.... Do you shuttle between Lagos n abk?

Why don't we try online first ?
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by SlickM(m): 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Who's in Enugu? we can hook up and play chess or maybe people in calabar. Indicate please
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
ruggedtimi:
screenshot the app logo..make I see, so I can download same

My phone no fit do sreenshot. ...d name of app sha nah "Real Chess"

App cover nah knight wey half of d body black the other half be white
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
Patheos:

My phone no fit do sreenshot. ...d name of app sha nah "Real Chess"

App cover nah knight wey half of d body black the other half be white
na dis one..we cant play with this app,the app selects opponent's randomly

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
ruggedtimi:
na dis one..we cant play with this app,the app selects opponent's randomly

ewo....i thought we cud....wat abt chess.com
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Patheos:

ewo....i thought we cud....wat abt chess.com
better..drop your user name
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
ruggedtimi:
better..drop your user name

Nah Chukwudum
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by 3verblazing(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
marooh:
I think all the nigeria govt official need this chess
They think like dey play only whot and l ;Dludo
hilarious! cheesy
marooh:
I think all the nigeria govt official need this chess
They think like dey play only whot and l ;Dludo
hilarious!

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Patheos:

Nah Chukwudum
okay add me when you are online..."timi2times"..addd now
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by teepain: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Can't just stop loving chess! Shout out to my chess pals Odion Aikhoje, Dapo Adu, Bayo Babalola, Bayo Adegboyega, Rotimi Dashaolu, Bunmi Olape, Rotimi Ajele.

Meanwhile, chess is under reported in Nigeria. For instance, how many people know that the first Olympic gold medal ever won by Nigeria was for Chess by Odion Aikhoje at the chess olympiad? Lots of people would recall Chioma Ajunwa but not Odion.

Nigerians do not celebrate anything that is cerebral! We would rather talk about mundane things!

Anybody up for a game of chess can pm me even though i've been away from competitive chess for eons I'm always willing and able.

Copy ruggedtimi, Jabioro, vicfuntop, Patheos, SmellingAnus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
teepain:
Can't just stop loving chess! Shout out to my chess pals Odion Aikhoje, Dapo Adu, Bayo Babalola, Bayo Adegboyega, Dapo Dashaolu, Bunmi Olape.

Meanwhile, chess is under reported in Nigeria. For instance, how many people know that the first Olympic gold medal ever won by Nigeria was for Chess by Odion Aikhoje at the chess olympiad? Lots of people would recall Chioma Ajunwa but not Odion.

Nigerians do not celebrate anything that is cerebral! We would rather talk about mundane things!

Anybody up for a game of chess can pm me even though i've been away from competitive chess for eons I'm always willing and able.
ce

Copy ruggedtimi, Jabioro
come on chess.com..my user name is timi2times
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by sped1oro(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
I got some of my chess interest and ideas from Dapo Adu, way back in Abesan estate in Ipaja Lagos in late 80s and early 90s. Though, i was not really playing then but i was always behind my cousin and Dapo Adu playing chess. Dapo Adu later represented Nigeria at international competitions and for some of us who had passion for the game it was an opportunity for us to develop more interest for the game. Later, i started playing as amateur among my friends and the game really helped my conceptual skills and ability. The game is called GAME OF LIFE.
I wish i could have more time to play chess like i used to before, the last serious encounter i had with chess was when myself and team-mates at FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ILARO Ogun state was to represent my school for the chess championship at NIPOGA at AUCHI POLYTECHNIC in the year 2003/04 NIPOGA GAMES, ever since,
i have not had any serious game with anyone due to many challenges of life as i grow up. I wish i could play with someone of like minds and not boastful players anyway.

teepain:
Can't just stop loving chess! Shout out to my chess pals Odion Aikhoje, Dapo Adu, Bayo Babalola, Bayo Adegboyega, Dapo Dashaolu, Bunmi Olape.

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by teepain: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
sped1oro:
I got some of my chess interest and ideas from Dapo Adu, way back in Abesan estate in Ipaja Lagos in late 80s and early 90s. Though, i was not really playing then but i was always behind my cousin and Dapo Adu playing chess. Dapo Adu later represented Nigeria at international competitions and for some of us who had passion for the game it was an opportunity for us to develop more interest for the game. Later, i started playing as amateur among my friends and the game really helped my conceptual skills and ability. The game is called GAME OF LIFE.
I wish i could have more time to play chess like i used to before, the last serious encounter i had with chess was when myself and team-mates at FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ILARO Ogun state was to represent my school for the chess championship at NIPOGA at AUCHI POLYTECHNIC in the year 2003/04 NIPOGA GAMES, ever since,
i have not had any serious game with anyone due to many challenges of life as i grow up. I wish i could play with someone of like minds and not boastful players anyway.

Dapo Adu is a great chess mind. That left handed dude! Laughing out loud. Whenever he was winning a game in masters 1 then he would cough to attract people's attention to his board!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by sped1oro(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2017
Yeah, but do you also have personal encounter with Dapo Adu? Many people claiming to be chess-masters here does not know Dapo Adu and other prominent Nigerian Chess-masters but they know Kasparov and other foreign chess players, how unpatriotic we are as Nigerians!

teepain:

Dapo Adu is a great chess mind. That left handed dude! Laughing out loud. Whenever he was winning a game in masters 1 then he would cough to attract people's attention to his board!
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by SmellingAnus(m): 1:31am On Jul 08, 2017
vicfuntop:

Have you read if tomorrow comes by Sidney sheldon
nope, but I will search for it and read it cos of you... What about it cool
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 2:54am On Jul 08, 2017
vicfuntop:

Why don't we try online first ?

Download chess time and add me up with luqaz
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Jabioro: 3:15am On Jul 08, 2017
ruggedtimi:
come on chess.com..my user name is timi2times
Ok I will.. thanks
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Jabioro: 3:17am On Jul 08, 2017
teepain:
Can't just stop loving chess! Shout out to my chess pals Odion Aikhoje, Dapo Adu, Bayo Babalola, Bayo Adegboyega, Dapo Dashaolu, Bunmi Olape, Rotimi Ajele.

Copy ruggedtimi, Jabioro, vicfuntop, Patheos, SmellingAnus
Good I will join you.. you're fully welcome
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by pressplay411(m): 5:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Chess helps you see things before they happen. You see 3 steps ahead of everyone else. People become so predictable to you.
Best strategy game of warlords.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2017
SmellingAnus:
nope, but I will search for it and read it cos of you... What about it cool

There was just this part where a lady novice beat the two best world chess players simultaneously.
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 8:21am On Jul 08, 2017
Patheos:

Nah Chukwudum
come online now...is your user name kuriouspa..

1 Like

Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by SmellingAnus(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2017
vicfuntop:

There was just this part where a lady novice beat the two best world chess players simultaneously.
wow... Quite inspiring ... Anyway almost anything is possible in chess with the right attitude of preparation
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 08, 2017
ruggedtimi:
come online now
I've added u
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2017
Patheos:

I've added u
i have challeneged you..accept
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2017
ruggedtimi:
i have challeneged you..accept
I already have
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 9:29am On Jul 08, 2017
Patheos:

I already have
okay ..playing now
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by ruggedtimi(m): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2017
vicfuntop:

add me timi2times...chess.com
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2017
SmellingAnus:
wow... Quite inspiring ... Anyway almost anything is possible in chess with the right attitude of preparation

Definitely
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2017
ruggedtimi:
add me timi2times...chess.com

Ok
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2017
What's your username on chess.com
Re: 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess by luqaz(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
Sent you a request on chess.com
ruggedtimi:
okay ..playing now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pool Week 30 3/3 Sure Banker Is Here / Mikel Is Underrated By Outsiders - Frank Lampard / Osimhen 'blessed And Grateful' For MFR National Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.