Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals (566 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier Onubah Years After Killing His Brother In Borno(photos / MC Oluomo, Kunle Poly And Other NURTW Rivals Unite At Event In Lagos. Photos / Which State Should Be The Capital Of South South (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by dedollarman(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
from Hechidere Anele.

"This is why I am not happy with any Rivers person that hates Nnamdi Kanu. The South-South states would have come out with a group that will also put serious pressure on the government on either forming a nation or restructuring. If the pressure is half as much as it is from Nnamdi Kanu's end, Nigeria will be forced to do what is right or we all split.

As it stands now, the only economic security of the West is Lagos and they will rather join forces with the North to make sure the status quo in the Nigerian Port Authority is retained than support any move to decentralise importation routes.

Many people are resident in Lagos because of the port there. Get other ports working in places like Calabar, Oguta, Port-Harcourt, Asaba area and watch the population of Lagos drop with businesses relocating. If that happens, Lagos IGR will drop. The cost of properties in Lagos and it's surroundings will reduce, embassies will start having branches.

The argument will now be why would the south south blessed with water ways now have ports and oil as means of generating IGR. Na only dem dey?

I am from Etche and aside ONELGA, no LGA in Rivers is endowed with oil like Etche( I stand to be corrected ) but what do we have in Etche and how has the oil benefited our lives.

As much as I believe that Rivers State cannot be forced to join Biafra, I also believe that is important that we key into this unrest and start pushing for sincere discussion.

This nonsense where Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop must stop.

Thinking that Nnamdi Kanu is interested in slaving South-South in a Biafra made of South-South States and South-East states in uncalled for.

Left to me, IPOB would restrict the Biafra to just all South East states and leave those Igbo speaking areas of Rivers State and Delta till they say they want to join and do away with that funny Bini origin tales.

I also find it funny that some people think that Nnamdi Kanu is interested in oil weh we no dey see eye. It sounds daft to me.

Anyway, if Biafra happens and Etche people are not willing to join Biafra, I will go to my mother's place in Ala-Igbo and collect passport.

South South Wake Up.
Nnamdi KANU is not our problem"

#Letscontinue

2 Likes

Re: South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by Agumbaa: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Very sad.
Re: South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by PapaBrowne(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
You are right in certain kind of way,
Re: South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by attackgat: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
Dont fool your self with this 'Rivers state' thing. Rivers state is just something Gowon created in 1967 by forcing Igbos/Igboids with Ijaws and Ogoni's.

Where do you think Etche was before Rivers was created?

Etche is actually Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by dedollarman(m): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
cheesy
Re: South South Opinion From ETCHE Brother In Rivals by dedollarman(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

I Had To Swallow My Pride To Join APC – Ex Gov Elechi / Afenifere Blames Acf For Giving Conditions For Restructuring / See What This Presidential Amnesty Beneficiary Did After Being Called To Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.