Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Sen.dino Melaye Invites Gov.udom And Sen.akpabio To Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen.dino Melaye Invites Gov.udom And Sen.akpabio To Join APC (507 Views)

PDP Urges Akpabio To Resign & Recontest, Welcomes Appeal Court Judgment / Boy Places Shirt For Senator Akpabio To Walk On, Gets N500K To Buy New One / Governors Wike, Okowa, Udom And Dickson After Meeting With Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen.dino Melaye Invites Gov.udom And Sen.akpabio To Join APC by Upritman(m): 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
The embattled Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye has passionately extended an invitation to Gov.Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State and Sen.Godswill Akpabio to dump the Peoples' Democratic Party and join the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
Sen.Melaye stated this in a goodwill message at the first constituency briefing of Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio which held yesterday at Ikot Ekpene Township Stadium.
While commending the Akwa Ibom State Government for good governance, He lamented that same is lacking in his home state of Kogi.
"I am overwhelmed by the level of development I have seen today in Akwa Ibom State. I want to thank My Friend and Brother, Sen.Akpabio and Governor Udom for keeping Akwa Ibom on the path of sustainable progress. We certainly need more people who can achieve these giant strides in my party. I am therefore using this great opportunity to invite you to join my party, the All Progressives Congress, APC", He said.
Sen. Akpabio while speaking at the event referred to Nigeria as a sick nation which needs everyone to join hands to revive, else it dies.
He warned that unless those beating drums of separatism and wars were checked, the steady heartbeat of the nation could eventually run into convulsion.
He described Nigeria as “child of rape since Lord Frederick Lugard and his wife did not consult our forefathers before amalgamating Nigeria, and it is only in rape that the consent of the woman is not sought. I will plead with Nigerian children not to allow the circumstances of their father’s birth to affect their future.”
Others who accompanied Sen.Akpabio included Gov.Udom Emmanuel, Sen. Theodore Orji and Minority Whip, Sen.Philip Aduda.
Akpabio doled out cash and equipment to his constituents in the 10 local government areas making up Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, and enthused that the present recession is not insurmountable.
They all expressed solidarity with Sen.Melaye, describing Him as a vibrant Lawmaker who can't be recalled by reasonable constituents except miscreants who have been given peanuts to survive in a Buhari-recessed economy.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/sendino-melaye-invites-govudom-and.html?m=1

Re: Sen.dino Melaye Invites Gov.udom And Sen.akpabio To Join APC by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
Just checked the source its not worth commenting lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Become A Whistle Blower And There’d Be No Need To Do Yahoo Again - EFCC / Now That Markarfi Has Been Declared Authentic PDP Chairman, What Next... / Alleged Amnesty Granted To Me By PDP Is Reckless – Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.