Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online (21639 Views)

FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Air Peace: Allen Onyema Welcomes Back Nigerians From South Africa (photos / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Greenbullet(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
I swear they took the right decision, we too like fraud for naija

6 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by MrMcJay(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
The Forex policies initiated by that turtle-headed Emefiele are responsible for a lot of problems we're in today.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by ephi123(f): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hopefully other airlines won't follow suit otherwise Nigerians are screwed.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by ephi123(f): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
okonja:
No Problem. I go soon finish my ironman suit, then I can fly anywhere angry

grin grin
This nairaland, too many funny comments

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by BedLam: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Please this is not a Yahoo boy issue! It has to do with the Govts policy on forex restrictions! Remember you can't use your card with an oversea merchant. Stop being stupid for once, folks!

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Chukwuka16: 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is bad. A very respected (albeit expensive) airline like these guys must not leave Nigeria o. Play play the country is falling apart.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Chukwuka16: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is bad with dire implications.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Profkenny1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Yes that serves us right! churches and mosques everywhere..yet we are among the most corrupt nations in the world and the average Nigerian is a freaking scammer! Fuc.k ALL the gods we Nigerians worship!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Honesty007(m): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
They r tired of cheating,beaurcratic impediments and corner corner of most booking agencies doing illegal things in a legal way.sort of bypassing and cloning due process

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by franchizy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Because the sun rises from the East. And our developers have taught them a lesson forgeting that charity begins from home.

October 1st on my mind.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
this may be due to the fact that people use stolen credit cards to buy flight ticket or maybe the bank charges for online payment might just be unsuitable to to them so they had to cut off the middle man.

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by BedLam: 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Proadroit:
this may be due to the fact that people use stolen credit cards to buy flight ticket or maybe the bank charges for online payment might just be unsuitable to to them so they had to cut off the middle man.
When you count countries where stolen credit cards are used, Nigeria doesn't even come close to number 20! Y'ALL Should stop it for once! The company hasn't released any statement​.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by jonnytad(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
Only 3 pple know the flight here on nairaland. .... I LIE?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by gbzed(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
olusola200:
VPN will do the job

You be real Gee jare u no as e dey go working bois go still continue to dey work irrespective of what they do
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by NwaforIgbo: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thanks to dammy krane and the agonjas
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by DeWisedon(m): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
olusola200:
VPN will do the job
i don dey fear u,u dey among dem
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Kendroid: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Shebi una Don c wetin Dammy Krane cause?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by godquality: 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Foreign exchange don scare again? Abi the scam too much?
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Wazzap: 12:42am On Jul 08, 2017
There There other better airlines, Pls book Emirates and have fun. Useless airline as if Na only them dey
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by agrovick(m): 1:17am On Jul 08, 2017
All ye praise singers and proponents of Internet fraud; behold your handiwork
Misery fall on you all
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 08, 2017
I can book and travel anywhere in the world with Delta Airlines with no issues but when I book to Nigeria na then the palava start. The credit card has to be available at check in and the person whose name is on the card has to be on the flight or availabel during check in (even my wife) angry

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by ngmgeek(m): 3:20am On Jul 08, 2017
No smoke without fire. Besides, they can do anything they want because the have your president Buhari with them.

Just don't make them to get upset and retuen the old man cheesy grin
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by davidif: 3:49am On Jul 08, 2017
SageTravels:
For reasons not yet known, British carrier, Virgin Atlantic Airways has blocked its passengers travelling from Nigeria from buying and paying for their tickets on the airline's website.

A message on the airline's website reads "The way you make a booking originating from Nigeria, Lagos has changed. Customers wishing to book flights with us that are originating from Lagos will not be able to book via our website, you'll need to contact us directly to do so. Please contact us directly if you want to book flights originating from Lagos, Nigeria. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

An attempt to buy and pay for a ticket on their website proved abortive with a message saying "Any flights departing from Lagos cannot be booked online. Please call our contact center to make your booking".

The Airline did not respond to a tweet by The @Sagetravels inquiring why the development became necessary.

Meanwhile, the airline has just marked its 16 years of flying between Lagos and London with a surprise party for its customers both on ground, at Lagos airport and at 30,000 feet in the sky.

Virgin Nigeria began flying to Lagos in 2001 and has carried around 3 million customers since then. It currently operates one daily flight between Lagos and London Heathrow using an Airbus A340-600 aircraft.

http://sagetravels.com/virgin-atlantic-suspends-nigerians-booking-flights-online-website/

This reminds me of a post that i made earlier.
https://www.nairaland.com/2884143/how-buy-plane-ticket-nigeria
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Edum13656: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2017
they want Nigerians to apply in persons to ascertain their virginity status.
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by Miles300: 4:46am On Jul 08, 2017
Ajewealth123:
We abuse everything that comes our way.
Booking of flights with fake cc or whatever illegal means.

Uber came,they started using it for kidnapping and robbing.
Nigerians why always us?
poverty is the reason
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by ivolt: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Ajewealth123:
We abuse everything that comes our way.
Booking of flights with fake cc or whatever illegal means.

Uber came,they started using it for kidnapping and robbing.
Nigerians why always us?

Many of us tolerate and celebrate "successful" criminals, so don't
expect any change soon.
Until we get our acts right, Nigeria will continue to be blacklisted
by foreign companies.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by moonraker(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2017
Seems they have issues with their system in general. tried booking to NRT to LHR and its just errors upon errors.

Retro respect, Since Sir Richard stepped down, that airline has gone to shit.... lipsrsealed shocked angry
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by marylandcakes: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2017
I don't blame them, you will be amazed at the amount of fraudulent activities involving credit cards that Nigerians involve themselves in.

A very close friend of mine who also happens to be a nairalander was telling me about how a response to an advert for exchange of currency, then there was the question 'Is it a black account or white account?" This person didn't know what this meant and then the intended buyer then goes on to say is the money from romance scam. My friend got scared and terminated the transaction cos he didn't know who he was dealing with and this person only registered on Nairaland in May. It could have been a yahoo boy.

Nigerians and scams. God help us
Re: Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online by tk4rd: 8:09am On Jul 08, 2017
ALL I SMELL IS FRAUD..!!
SEE WHAT OUR FRAUDULENCE HAVE CAUSED US.!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN Increases Passenger Service Charge By 100% From September 1 / Vehicular Movement Through Kabba In Kogi State Is Almost Impossible Right Now. / Which Is Your Best Nigerian Cities Visited And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.