Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,506 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members (906 Views)

Why We Extended Lockdown By 2 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / Lai Mohammed: Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves / Offa Bank Robbery: Nigerians At The Mercy Of Killers – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by irepnaija4eva(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
By Daud Olatunji

THE demise of late Chief MKO Abiola has left a big vacuum in the family which is yet to be filled. Getting to the Abiola family house in Ita-Oje in Abeokuta North local government, it was obvious that the extended family members who reside in the one-storey building have been neglected. Except those who either did not know the status of the family before the demise of the late breadwinner or read about it, the family could be counted as a poor family now.

When Vanguard made attempts to interview some members of Abiola family to feel their pulse on the demise of their bread winner some years back, many of them expressed worry on the consequence of their action.

When pushed further, they disclosed that they had been warned against talking to the media on any issue except they got clearance from the new head of the family.

According to some of them, the head of the family who they said lives in Lagos has been queried by the government for making unpleasant remarks to the press.

However, few of them spoke on their experience since the demise of late MKO Abiola.

Speaking with Vanguard exclusively, Mr. Saburi Abiola, who claimed to be the youngest brother to late MKO Abiola said his late brother was a caring man. He said he was like a father to him while alive.

“We looked up to him in our family. He was such an enigma; you can qualify him with all sort of good adjectives, this is not to say that he was a saint, of course, there is no saint anywhere, but, I believe his strength outweighed his weakness.

“If Abiola were to be alive today, he would have been 80 years by now. His death has left a vacuum in the family, community, state, and Nigeria as a whole. If he had succeeded with all his plans, I knew things would have been okay than this. His impact would have been felt all over Africa and even in the world. His death is very painful, but we have to submit to the will of God, may God bless his soul.”

A grand child of the family, Samsudeen Abiola lamented that the help he and others usually received from MKO Abiola had stopped for long. He said, though, when he was in detention, one of his wives, late Kudirat Abiola used to help them, but, her death too left a serious vacuum in the family.

When asked how they were coping with the death of Abiola since, Samsudeen said, the members have resolved to look unto God for help.

“All our properties have been hijacked from us. Though we believe there is nothing God cannot do. Properties like companies, and others which I can’t even remember.

“Ogun State Government has been doing a lot, during festivals the state government gives us money and other things.”.

Also in his remarks, a family friend who claimed to have benefited immensely from Abiola, Mr. Tajudeen Popoola, said the death of Abiola pained him. We are from the same compound; I was still in service at Niger State when he died.

He said he and others had resolved to rely on God because help was no more coming like it used to be when Abiola was alive. He said they were struggling to feed themselves and their families because the late breadwinner who carried the responsibilities has gone.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/abiola-living-mercy-god-extended-family-members/
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
Na. Wa oo May God help us. Oo
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by smartty68(m): 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Gosh! Memory gone blank
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by Homeboiy: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
OK make we sympathize abi
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by Evablizin(f): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
Chai there is nothing God cannot do
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
grin
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by tuniski: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
Sad!
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by ThatFairGuy: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hmmm! That's life! I also wish to be remember for good deeds after my demise...
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by MAXIMAL123(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
That's life
They should stop the issue of "he helps me and help U
They should know how to move on and stand and stopped being depending on someone else
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is the problem I Av with people from this region. They just like egbomi egbomi they can never stay on their own.till they chop u down. Start a small business and I bring them in that business is finished cos they LL eat u down. Na WA oo the guy is dead and they can't still move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by kn23h(m): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
madone:
This is the problem I Av with people from this region. They just like egbomi egbomi they can never stay on their own.till they chop u down. Start a small business and I bring them in that business is finished cos they LL eat u down. Na WA oo the guy is dead and they can't still move on

What I dislike about people from the opposite region is their tendency to carry drugs to develop India, China, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Is that what you call business?

1 Like

Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
kn23h:

What I dislike about people from the opposite region is their tendency to carry drugs to develop India, China, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Is that what you call business?
get a life guy did I ask for ur reply .drug is all region business in Nigeria now soo shut up if u don't have anything constructive to add.abi why is Abiola family still crying of hunger.they were the ones that eat him dry.Nigerians were busy fighting for his release while they on the oda hand were choping all they can.read and shut up u don't have to incite quarrel here.am not Ibo for your info

1 Like

Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by kn23h(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
madone:
get a life guy did I ask for ur reply .drug is all region business in Nigeria now soo shut up if u don't have anything constructive to add.abi why is Abiola family still crying of hunger.they were the ones that eat him dry.Nigerians were busy fighting for his release while they on the oda hand were choping all they can.read and shut up u don't have to incite quarrel here.am not Ibo for your info

Keep kwayet!!

Did I ask YOU to reply back?

All that trash you wrote makes no sense.

We know which region is notorious for drug dealing; the potopoto red mud region.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
So their hopes was on Abiola, a MORTAL! Big mistake.

1 Like

Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
kn23h:

Keep kwayet!!

Did I ask YOU to reply back?

All that trash you wrote makes no sense.

We know which region is notorious for drug dealing; the potopoto red mud region.

fool ....lol u re here to show the world how senseless u re right? Go on u LL soon type the one that LL award u the quarrel u seek.am not ur problem soo dey ur lane guy. Ur mates LL join u soon. I don't trade words with minors
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by kn23h(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
madone:
fool ....lol u re here to show the world how senseless u re right? Go on u LL soon type the one that LL award u the quarrel u seek.am not ur problem soo dey ur lane guy. Ur mates LL join u soon. I don't trade words with minors

And I don't trades with drug dealing tribalists, but I guess today is a first for both of us.
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
kn23h:

And I don't trades with drug dealing tribalists, but I guess today is a first for both of us.
lol ...go to bed son.u just finished secondary school right. ...i can see u just opened this account last month.dont start NL like this it wont help u. Visit other thread u LL learn many things here. Ok sorry if what I said hurt ur ego just stop ok.
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by kn23h(m): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
madone:
lol ...go to bed son.u just finished secondary school right. ...i can see u just opened this account last month.dont start NL like this it wont help u. Visit other thread u LL learn many things here. Ok sorry if what I said hurt ur ego just stop ok.

And this epistle is coming from an 'educated adult'. grin grin Shame no catch you small to dey type nonsense online.
Oru iwo ni school ma n go through, but dey online dey claim you go school.
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
kn23h:

And this epistle is coming from an 'educated adult'. grin grin Shame no catch you small to dey type nonsense online.
Oru iwo ni school ma n go through, but dey claim you go school.
you win sir!! .....rr u happy now dearest....you have just won eh pls goo away ok..abeg you just go dont want to trade words with you ok ...you rr very correct in all u Av just typed.dont be offended cos I wont reply you again ok.
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by kn23h(m): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
madone:
you win sir!! .....rr u happy now dearest....you have just won eh pls goo away ok..abeg you just go dont want to trade words with you ok ...you rr very correct in all u Av just typed.dont be offended cos I wont reply you again ok.

Educated ipod jew clown. Go and sniff cocaine. grin
Re: Abiola: We’re Living At The Mercy Of God – Extended Family Members by madone: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
WORDWORLD:
So their hopes was on Abiola, a MORTAL! Big mistake.
I just wonder how the main biological children will be coping now.if brothers re still mourning him this way

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki As Nigeria's Uhuru Kenyatta / 2019: Okun Leaders Shops For Dino Malaye's Replacement, Calls Teejay Yusuf / To Osinbanjo: Get Ready For Second Coming Of Jesus, Obasanjo Preaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.