Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,842 members, 7,862,758 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 (1117 Views)

Tesla Model 3 Is America’s Best-selling Premium Car In 2018 / See The Dazzling Effects On This Tesla Model 3 Wrapped In Holographic Chrome / 3 Reasons You Haven’t Been Seeing Tesla Cars On Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 08, 2017
I'm sure some people here are not too familiar with the fully electric car brand, Tesla. Well I first saw Tesla model S in New York and it's so gorgeous. I always dream of laying my hands on one soon.
Tesla is expecting to have a very big day.

The very first Model 3 is expected to roll off the assembly line. It will mark the start of production for Tesla's first mass-market car.

There will be handover party for the very first 30 Model 3 customers on July 28. Tesla will then ramp up production to 1,500 cars in September and, ultimately, 20,000 cars per month by December. 

Tesla first unveiled the car last March and secured roughly 400,000 customers pre-orders for the vehicle.

We broke down everything you need to know about the Model 3 — here's a closer look:

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 08, 2017
1. Tesla will offer at least four color options for the Model 3: red, silver, metallic gray, and black.

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 08, 2017
2. Tesla says the car will be able to drive at least 215 miles on a single charge. That's pretty darn good for a $35,000 car!
To me I think is a very good quality for this car, compare to the latest models of the Nissan Leaf and Hyundai Ioniq Electric cost about $30,000 but have more limited ranges: 107 miles and 124 miles, respectively.
You can imagine driving your car for 215 miles without charging and of course no gas.

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 08, 2017
3. The Model 3 can accelerate to 60 mph in under six seconds.
That edges out the Chevy Bolt, which can do 0-60 mph in about seven seconds. Musk has said that more-expensive versions of the car will have longer ranges and faster acceleration times, but he hasn't announced those yet.

4. It comes equipped with a new suite of sensors that can support full autonomy.
Wow, brace yourself folks, priceless cars are finally here.
The Model 3 comes with eight cameras, one radar sensor, 12 ultrasonic sensors, and a new Nvidia Drive PX2 supercomputer to support Tesla's second-generation Autopilot system, dubbed Enhanced Autopilot.

Tesla says Enhanced Autopilot will eventually allow the car to match its speed to traffic conditions, automatically change lanes without driver input, merge on and off highways, and park itself. Tesla owners could also summon the car in more complex environments, like a crowded parking lot.

It costs an extra $5,000 to activate Enhanced Autopilot features at the time of purchase, but standard safety features will come free.

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 08, 2017
5. Model 3 owners get access to Tesla's massive Supercharger network.

Tesla's Supercharger network is nothing to sniff at. A Supercharger can restore 170 miles of range in 30 minutes. That's much fasterthan a Tesla partner station or a wall socket.

Better yet, Tesla is doubling the number of Superchargers worldwide by the end of 2017.

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 08, 2017
6. Tesla will offer a glass roof as an option on the Model 3.
Just like it does with the Model S, Tesla will offer an array of premium features for its Model 3, Electrek reported. In addition to the glass roof, Tesla will allow customers to purchase 18- or 19-inch wheels, according to the report.

Tesla opened its glass division in October to make its solar roofs. The group is developing glass that can use heating elements to clear snow while generating energy. Musk said this kind of glass could be used as a rear defroster on cars, but it's unclear whether we will see this technology on the Model 3.

The sedan features a clean

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 08, 2017
7. Anyone interested in ordering a Model 3 now will have to wait. Tesla says Model 3 deliveries for people who order today will begin mid-2018 the earliest.
So I won't get mine until mod-2018 angry

Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 08, 2017
What y'all think about this car, @autojosh lalasticlala cheesy
Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Oblitz(m): 3:43am On Jul 08, 2017
nice!
Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by tukdi: 4:43am On Jul 08, 2017
embarassed
Re: Tesla Cars: Here Is What You Need To About The New Model 3 by Xenisha: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2023
Hey there! I recently stumbled upon the Tesla Store and was impressed by the wide selection of products for my Model S. As someone who spends a lot of time on the road, I'm always looking for ways to stay organized and comfortable during long drives. The store had everything I needed and more.
One of the things I love about the store is that they offer a variety of interior accessories. I picked up a sleek center console organizer that keeps all of my essentials within easy reach, as well as a set of custom-fit sunshades that keep the cabin cool during hot summer days.

(1) (Reply)

Luxurious Aeroboat S6 Yacht Is Powered By Rolls-Royce Engine / Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled / Toyota To Use Cow Feces (shit) To Power Cars And Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.