Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically (4598 Views)

I / ABU Professor Proved Buhari Victory Mathematically.(long Post But Interesting) / Students Fed With N50 Bread Divided Into 4 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by cutiedave(m): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=Sirhethat12 post=58260636]

My dear, difference of two squares is applicable only if the numbers are different. not same number as the OP used. you can't use difference of two squares for 10 square minus 10 square [/quote}k
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
LastMumu:
His calculations was dead on arrival before it even started.: 100-100 is never 10^2 - 10^2 because -100 is NOT equal to -10^2.

-10^2 = +100
That's not where the error is. . .the brackets enclosed the 10 only, excluding the -ve sign.
So -(10)^2 = -100
The error comes up where he struck out (10-10)/(10-10)

That was incorrect because 10-10 is 0

1 Like

Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by hardbody: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
tbabs10166:
if u all understand mathematics; you wouldn't say the op is wrong as he didn't break any mathematical rule as seen frm the solution ....infact u can even manoeuvre your answer to give 10 instead of 2.
In mathematics, whatever u divide by zero is termed 'UNDEFINED' which simply means it's not assigned to any particular value.
In summary 0/0 can give u any value depending on how u manoeuvre your solution without breaking any mathematical rule

From where did you guys import the figure 100 in the first instance

Maths has always been a fraud.

Little wonder i hated it with a passion, i am not a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by femi4: 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
tbabs10166:
difference of two squares can always be used if the numbers are the same
You can't

Cos if they are the same, you ll have to follow the rule of BODMAS. The Bracket comes first
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by femi4: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
tbabs10166:
it doesn't matter if both variables are equal, you'll still get the same result. from ur equation let's take a= 3 and b = 2. LHS will be equal to RHS. repeat the same thing for a=5 and b=5.
lol, Mathematics laws doesn't contradict one another. If a=b, The use of BODMAS will come into play.

(52) - (52) becomes 25-25 and not (5-5)(5+5)
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by Aizenosa(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2017
(a+b)^2=a^2+b^2+2ab mathematics is easy let's not kill ourselves
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by LionDeLeo: 3:22am On Jul 09, 2017
Mathematically, I haven't seen where dude is wrong but I am still skeptical and pretty sure I will catch him.

Still trying to identify where he manoeuvred.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by tbabs10166(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2017
femi4:
lol, Mathematics laws doesn't contradict one another. If a=b, The use of BODMAS will come into play.

(52) - (52) becomes 25-25 and not (5-5)(5+5)
it's obvious u don't understand my analysis.....i'm telling you what I knw and not what I think. BODMAS has nothing to do on this context.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by tbabs10166(m): 6:18am On Jul 09, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Mathematically, I haven't seen where dude is wrong but I am still skeptical and pretty sure I will catch him.

Still trying to identify where he manoeuvred.
I bet u won't...whatever u divide by zero will always be 'UNDEFINED' I can assure that someone else will solve it and come up with a different answer without being wrong.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by LionDeLeo: 6:50am On Jul 09, 2017
tbabs10166:
if u all understand mathematics; you wouldn't say the op is wrong as he didn't break any mathematical rule as seen frm the solution ....infact u can even manoeuvre your answer to give 10 instead of 2.
In mathematics, whatever u divide by zero is termed 'UNDEFINED' which simply means it's not assigned to any particular value.
In summary 0/0 can give u any value depending on how u manoeuvre your solution without breaking any mathematical rule

I think this is the only plausible explanation, although I used to attach "infinity" (extremely large ) to the "undefined" whenever a number is divided by zero.

Learnt something today.

And as you have rightly pointed out, it can still be manoeuvred and arrive at a different value.

Well done bro.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by femi4: 6:54am On Jul 09, 2017
tbabs10166:
it's obvious u don't understand my analysis.....i'm telling you what I knw and not what I think. BODMAS has nothing to do on this context.
You can't even defend your claims

1 Like

Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by 0955eb027(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2017
femi4:
How come nobody sees the flaw.

Difference of two squares is applicable when the base nos are different

That is X2- Y2= (X+Y) (X-Y)

and not

X2- X2

Every difference of squares problem can be factored as follows: a2– b2 = (a + b)(a – b) or (a – b)(a + b) provided that a is not equal to b
Bro, its tge first thing i saw when looking out for the error.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by Nowayo4Real: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
In solving any mathematics problem, whatsoever you arrive as your answer is correct provided you can justify it, and you didn't break any mathematical rule while solving.
In this scenario, the rule of difference of two squares has been flawed. Difference of two squares is applicable if and only if, the two variables involved are distinct.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by tbabs10166(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
femi4:
You can't even defend your claims
u complicated it when u brought in BODMAS.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by kbshow100(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
LastMumu:
His calculations was dead on arrival before it even started.: 100-100 is never 10^2 - 10^2 because -100 is NOT equal to -10^2.

-10^2 = +100
your head they there. You caught him red handed
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by kennyjam: 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
0/0 can also give 1/2 and 1 too.
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by sauceEEP(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2017
Not a mathsguy, maybe i should call mathschic to come and solve the problem...
Re: Zero Divided By Zero Proven To Be Two Mathematically by micxwell(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2017
Sirhethat12:

My dear, difference of two squares is applicable only if the numbers are different. not same number as the OP used. you can't use difference of two squares for 10 square minus 10 square
Are you a Ladokite?..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only Five Female Neurosurgeons In Nigeria / Ui Girls And Unilag Girls Who Fine Pass / Full Scholarship For Degree & M.sc in Nigeria with Bursary for everyone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.