Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Tortured Innocence: A Poem ( Please Critique) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tortured Innocence: A Poem ( Please Critique) (766 Views)

First Chapter Of A Book I Just Started: Critique Plzzzz / The Lost Innocence: A Collection Of Poems: Available In Bookshops Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tortured Innocence: A Poem ( Please Critique) by estrella(f): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
[center]Take away this cloak of darkness
Fold back the night and give me the day
Take down the moon and hang the sun
Heal my madness, this I pray
For the nigh is the night
And the nightmares a wait therein
Giggling like demons
Let out in the dark to play.
Terror like a torn blanket covers me,
Fear like the cold wind,
Drives shards through my chest;
I tremble like a leaf on a windy day
I am as numb as a rat, caught in nature’s fray.
Take away this cloak of darkness,
Fold back the night and give me the day
Take down the moon and hang the sun
And don’t let daddy into my room today, [/center]
Re: Tortured Innocence: A Poem ( Please Critique) by vescucci(m): 5:12am On Feb 02, 2010
If you were trying to depict a rape victim then you have a nice story but you've gotta be more graphic with less words. You've gotta use more powerful and depressing words. For a victim this is too, how do you say, gay. It's nice Estrella. Good luck
Re: Tortured Innocence: A Poem ( Please Critique) by shilling(f): 7:57am On Feb 02, 2010
I've only written 3 poems in my life, yes I'm an amateur grin. I'll say it's a really nice poem.

I agree with vescucci, make it more graphic. I can see your poem in my mind, but making this image a little more vivid wouldn't hurt.

GOOD JOB!!!

(1) (Reply)

God Is Good / Want To Get Published? / The Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.