Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims (9612 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by bawomolo(m): 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
edoyad:

When people are in a situation to coexist peacefully the rational thing is to break up. Is there anything Yugoslavia did not do to try to remain one ? That area was so volatile just a decade ago but see how all those people are enjoying peace today after splitting up.

it took some violent conflicts and border disputes to achieve that "peace". the kosovo issue wasn't resolved until recently.     break ups aren't easy.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by yosla: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
ASP suspended for allegedly supplying arms to refugees

By Jude Owuamanam and Olalekan Adetayo, Published: Monday, 25 Jan 2010

An Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr. Usman Dagogo, has been suspended for being suspected to be secretly arming some displaced Muslim youths who are taking refuge at the Police Staff College, Jos, to attack Christians.

THE PUNCH reliably learnt that a high-powered panel of military and police officers has been set up on the orders of Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan to probe the suspended police officer who is in charge of legal services at the college.

The panel of inquiry is headed by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazzau.

Our correspondent further learnt that trouble started for the ACP when, about five days ago, the military intercepted a Peugeot J5 marked XM 440 ENU loaded with arms.

Upon interrogation, policemen who were in the vehicle were said to have confessed that Dagogo directed them to deposit arms at a particular destination every night.

A report was said to have been sent to the Vice-President immediately after the interception.

About 600 displaced persons were believed to be taking refuge at the college where Dagogo is serving.

It was learnt that some of the refugees leave the premises at night to wreak havoc in the town and return to the camp with the ACP usually providing them with cover.

At about 1am last Thursday, it was gathered that one of the refugees armed with an AK-47 allegedly jumped over the fence with two others to burn a house located at the back of the college.

Ironically, the house belongs to a policeman who is popularly known as a pastor.

It was the policemen on guard at the college that saw them jumping back into the camp and arrested them.

It was gathered that one of the suspects called the ACP around 5am to inform him of their predicament.

Dagogo allegedly came to the scene immediately and ordered the guards to release the suspects to him.

He reportedly led them out and released them once outside.

The owner of the burnt house, a sergeant who works at the Communications Department of the college, was said to have written a petition to the state commissioner of police.

On the strength of the petition, the CP invited the ACP who produced the major suspects.

The suspects are now being detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department of the command.

The report was sent to the Force Headquarters, Abuja and to the Presidency.

Apart from being suspended, Dagogo is said to have been placed under surveillance.

A source at the college told one of our correspondents that Dagogo‘s activities were open secret and had been a source of concern to officers from other tribes.

The source said, ”The allegations are real. It is an open secret here that the officer has been arming Muslim youths who ran to the college for safety in the night to go and attack Christians, burn churches and houses.

”He has been confronted by officers from other tribes on several occasions. It is a cold war here and if it is not checked, it may explode.”

The College‘s Commandant, Mr. Audu Abubakar, an Assistant Inspector-General of Police, could not be reached on his mobile telephone for comments on Sunday.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001253405731
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Beaf: 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
^
That man must either go to jail or get the death sentence.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by edoyad(m): 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
^ When i posted a thread on how military officers of hausa origin were aiding in the killing of christians before the retaliations, one id¡ot was actually accusing me of fabrication.
If There's any thing i can vouch for in this life, It's that the hausa man is a retrogressive and unproductive entity. A man who can send his children to live on the streets without any feeling of compassion is worse than a dog.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by WilyWily5: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
Those Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani are condemned for life.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by naijaking1: 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
A little history lesson here: othman dan Fodio was aided and abetted by north African muslims to overthrow local Hausa Kings. North African muslims helping interferring on behalf of Nigerian muslims to suppress indeginous, animist, and christian locals would be nothing new. I'm sure they sided with Nigeria during the civil war with the sole purpose of wipping out hard-to-convert christian Igbo populations.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by EzeUche(m): 12:20am On Feb 02, 2010
Fight fire with fire. If they wipe out a village, we should wipe out one of their village. They kill a man, we kill one of their men.

An EYE FOR AN EYE!!!!!!! angry
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by naijaking1: 12:50am On Feb 02, 2010
EzeUche:

Fight fire with fire. If they wipe out a village, we should wipe out one of their village. They kill a man, we kill one of their men.

Christians in Jos, Makurdi, Sokoto, Illorin, Yola, Ibadan, and Enugu have been turning the other cheeck for too long now.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 02, 2010
Total rubbish
Those ppl portraying themselves as Al Qaeda are actually americans who are masqurading as Al Qaeda agents in the grand plan to distabilise nigeria.Remember that if nigeria slides into a second civil war its the americans who will benefit.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Beaf: 1:13am On Feb 02, 2010
tom28:

Total rubbish
[size=14pt]Those ppl portraying themselves as Al Qaeda are actually americans who are masqurading as Al Qaeda[/size] agents in the grand plan to distabilise nigeria.Remember that if nigeria slides into a second civil war its the americans who will benefit.
[size=14pt]
Foolishness.[/size]
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by EzeUche(m): 1:23am On Feb 02, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]
Foolishness.[/size]

I CONCUR!!!
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 02, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]
Foolishness.[/size]

And what is so foolsih about it?
After all the american CIA during the era of Bush did try to bring about a coup in venezeula because Chavez was outspoken about the USA.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Beaf: 10:59am On Feb 02, 2010
EzeUche:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
My people, Nigeria is destabilized already, the only reason we seem to be at peace with the craziness around us is that we care very little for our rights and have calmly accepted our position as the accursed citizens of a wicked nation. The Americans do not need to lift a finger to destabilize anything. from Ekiti to Anambra, you will see obvious signs of recurring disunity and instability even among ethnic brethren. We (Nigerians of all Ethnicity) have no common interests to fight for except that out of 150 million people, at least 99% of them are strikingly POOR (IMHO) surely we cannot have more than 1 million Nigerians who earn at least N200k per month (after-tax) or have a rented house talk less one they own.

We are just ripe for any dubious elements the likes of Al-Queda to use for their aims. after all over 140 Muslims and Christians have not prevented religious crisis nor nurtured good governance over the past 40 years. at least a natural disaster can be explained, we create our own disasters ourselves and look to God or Allah to save us (someday). can you imagine how much a gun-runner stands to make should Nigeria go into an internal armed conflict? $$$ millions. We are just ripe for the picking cool
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Esskay2: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2010
For goodness sake! why cant people just learn to live in peace and also abide with the principle:Live and let live!

We humans are just too complicated!! i believe God might even be rethinking why he gave us some privileges over animals
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by 77ken: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2010
ELrazur u and mutallab I no know who mumu pass,
as for Osama n im boys make dem try nonsense dem go see nonsense, dem go know say dat thing dem de do for kabur n d rest na play dem de we go find dem reach house.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by muazzam(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
OvieE,

U must be very stupid for the abuse of Our noble prophet. cry shocked angry u must  lipsrsealed or else u will enter trouble. i diot
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Ibime(m): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ all talking about break-up, Naija will not break up until the army itself decides to break up. Until then, we will just continue to have different pockets of resistance and different warlords.

Having long held the view that One Nigeria is tenable under loose federalism, I am now of the view that nothing but complete break-up between North and South will keep this country viable. Lets face it, the religious and cultural differences are too stark for sustainable national unity. Although Im barely religious meself, in a country where everyone is deeply religious, the confluence of Radical Christianity and Radical Islam in Nigeria is unsustainable.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by Tcrack(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
As much as i hate islamic extremists, i still believe america has a hand in all this and i am sure they are after the oil. they delibrately allowed Farouk Abdul Mutallab to take the bomb on the plane inspite of the warnings just to give nigeria a terorist status. have you never wondered why the mission failed? if you still doubt this, then you dont know anything about america.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by alafin(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2010
NIGERIAN OIL IN THE MAKING, iraq war is becoming too expensive  the easier way is Nigeria;

with the rate our leaders are embezzling money Niegrian will soon go on auction market.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by calabaman(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
Lmao, Elazur u really are a piece of work, Am feeling what u are saying jare, about the u.s, In my opinion they are a very coniving, thieving, sneakish, over-swaggerious set of people that are just trying 2 destabilise naija, It wouldnt suprise me if osama and the al-qaeda network are part of the CIA, Their plan is 2 gain free access to our oil, Well God will frustrate their plan just u wait and see,
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by chupcake(m): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
God knws best.but i think america is involved on way or the other.i read somewhere they helped mutallab get on the plane,why wld they do dat.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by muhsin(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
chupcake:

God knws best.but i think america is involved on way or the other.i read somewhere they helped mutallab get on the plane,why wld they do dat.

The frigging country called America is making fool of people. . .
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by jumobi1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2010
best advice for the Nigerian government is to smarten up and do its job. We don't have to trust or befriend anyone. We are sovereign. Who knows if the CIA is AL-Qaeda, the bottom line is that we shouldn't associate with either of them or do anything to offend them.
Lets be Sweden or something.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
so they wanna kill xtians?

one of the reasons i dont give all those abokis money when they beg for money

^^^ i hope i wont hit them with ma car one day if this gets too much
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by alimat2(f): 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2010
Let be candid, Is all these  crisis in the name of Hausas or muslims/Islam cos no reasonable person will think drinking the blood of his fellow human is appropriate by him.

But if they really think they are doing all in the name of religion then they are misguided and gone tooo far the truth.
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by tkb417(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2010
alimat 2:

Let be candid, Is all these crisis in the name of Hausas or muslims/Islam cos no reasonable person will think drinking the blood of his fellow human is appropriate by him.

But if they really think they are doing all in the name of religion then they are misguided and gone tooo far the truth.

Not all muslims are silly but i think all abokis are silly
cos the religious crisis in this country will always be in the North
dont they have any sense in that region?
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by ayo84(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
If nigerian muslims engage these terrorists to fight on their behalf, the die is cast,what the hell do they want to fight for,oil in the niger-delta or what
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by 2sleek2NV(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2010
CONSPIRACY THEORY.

i just dey see Prison Break and 24 playing out in the happenings in the country.

which season we dey sef?
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by daberechim: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
we all have to be careful otherwise NAZGUL will be unleashed upon this country which take 1 Million lives at a ago. enough is enough
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by ajadudu: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2010
If no conspiracy theory from the US, then the US proves again how they suck with foreign policies. If you keep calling a child useless without showing the child the correct thing and helping that child, that child WILL become useless. By putting Nigeria amongst the bad boys list, you just made her a bad boy simple. Now the battle line is drawn, the US will stand and watch, al-qeada WILL get involved then the US will justify why Nigeria should remain on the list and how its a failed state bla blah
Re: Reuters - Al Qaeda in North Afica Offers To Help Nigerian Muslims by THEAMAKA(f): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
if all this crap is true it's time for all the Christians to leave.
I'll be damned if Nigeria starts to look like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan, Iraq or whatever.
this is getting out of hand.
NIGERIA DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BLEEPING LEADER!
  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar / Visa Restrictions: FG, US Officials To Hold Crucial Negotiation Next Week / Senator Daduut Congratulates President Tinubu, Says Nigeria Is In Good Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.