Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

I Need To Fix My Gear Box. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need To Fix My Gear Box. (9015 Views)

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement / What Could Be Wrong With My Gear. / Please Advise On My Gear Code P0798 and P0986 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:19am On Jul 24, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:

My brother and the mechanic have confirmed it okay

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5049122_img20170311132440420_jpeg330b220e27cb74bbbbf4232c037fa2ec

timifakay:

Dear humanoid, last the car owner posted, the indicators of the lever do not tally with the functions they serve.
Please forgive our ignorance and assuming you are ordinary person like us.
He was offered free diagnosis before you gave him your "brother's" (by the way, is he human or not ordinary like you?) number and he's had to replace and repeat same procedure till he lost count in the hands of you people that are not ordinary. He would have enjoyed better services in the hands of we ordinary people who diagnose and have accurate details before working, please leave this kind of work for mere mortals.
Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:34am On Jul 24, 2017
I'm amazed at ops level of calm and serendipity, wow, I'd be going Gaga right about now if I were in his shoes! @mazdaenginepart I knew u were too quick to conclude, now u ventured into stuff u don't know and involved every other person available and this is the result, what has your shop got to do with this, have u been to gazuzz shop what of honmusa? y not stick to stuff u know? u cannot imagine the emotional and psychological trauma op is going thru right now. @op the cheapest way is most times, not cheap at all. @ this point I still see u buying another gear box! so sorry for your ordeal, if it were scam it'll be beta cos u might have some hope of part of ur money returning.

cc princetom1

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by princetom1(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
I'm amazed at ops level of calm and serendipity, wow, I'd be going Gaga right about now if I were in his shoes! @mazdaenginepart I knew u were too quick to conclude, now u ventured into stuff u don't know and involved every other person available and this is the result, what has your shop got to do with this, have u been to gazuzz shop what of honmusa? y not stick to stuff u know? u cannot imagine the emotional and psychological trauma op is going thru right now. @op the cheapest way is most times, not cheap at all. @ this point I still see u buying another gear box! so sorry for your ordeal, if it were scam it'll be beta cos u might have some hope of part of ur money returning.

cc princetom1

Is still early bros, no put me for trouble, GAZZUZZ, there are peeps waiting to do check up (patients cheesy) on their cars
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2017
princetom1:

Is still early bros, no put me for trouble, GAZZUZZ, there are peeps waiting to do check up (patients cheesy) on their cars

nah monday morning be this, let me be facing my clients that have booked appointments.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 9:40am On Jul 24, 2017
I am not only angry, I feel I have been hypnotized and manipulated, I feel so ashamed.

My car was in a better condition before all this saga. After all I drove it down to Lagos from PH without issues but I only wanted a perfect state for the car.
Now I've lost money, my confidence , my gear box and to cap it all, I may have eventually change the gearbox (another round of spending).

At a point I actually thought of selling off the car but then, my lovely car will be priced as scrap. How do I explain spending over 300k (If I have to replace the present one) to fix gearbox? How much is the car gaan.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by mayor2013: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2017
stpat1:
I am not only angry, I feel I have been hypnotized and manipulated, I feel so ashamed.

My car was in a better condition before all this saga. After all I drove it down to Lagos from PH without issues but I only wanted a perfect state for the car.
Now I've lost money, my confidence , my gear box and to cap it all, I may have eventually change the gearbox (another round of spending).

At a point I actually thought of selling off the car but then, my lovely car will be priced as scrap. How do I explain spending over 300k (If I have to replace the present one) to fix gearbox? How much is the car gaan.

Am interested in this case. Bring the car in for a free diagnosis just only for you

5 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
mayor2013:

Am interested in this case. Bring the car in for a free diagnosis just only for you

I really appreciate your kind and selfless gesture. Where are you situated and when can I come? If you are close by and free today, I can come over. If not, it will be any time from Thursday as I will be out of town first light tomorrow morning.

B'rgds
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Mazdaenginepart: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
stpat1:
rtyuiop[

Hello Bro,
I know you must have really tried your best to help out. The truth is that your bro doesn't know anything about Honda so its just unfortunate that he got involved. The drive to also make some quick cash is the strongest factor for him to have ventured into a terrain he is unfamiliar with.

My concerns are as follows

* 40 % of the components that make up this gear that was fixed was gotten from my own old gear. I queried it since I believe the fault could be from any of the components. I expected that the bought gear should come with its own components and not completing it with components from a faulty gear.

* The gear leaks oil. I pointed this out to your bro, but he was just too confused on how to deal with it or how to face the people he got it from and he just wanted me to take the car away by all means so he could enjoy unmerited profit in peace. As soon as he learnt I had traveled, he called to say the leak had been fixed. From the time it was installed to today (Sunday), the gear box has gulped 9 liters of gear oil. sadly, when I gauged the gear oil level this morning, its was below the minimum recommended level. This quantity is apart from the oil that was filled in the first installed gear box that had to be drained off when the gear box didn't work. Note that the workmanship by the mechanic and electrician is over 30k for the trial and errors (borne by me of course).

* As I previously mentioned, the gear position indicator issue is still there. The gear gets stuck if I fail or forget to systematically maneuver the stick to the park position. Now I have been taught how to use screw driver to pull it out of that position. What a trick to learn.

* The drive gear does not work at all. for the car to move, the gear has to be on D3. You all know what that means. It means the car cannot go beyond the 3rd gear no matter how much you rev the car.

* The mechanic your brother engaged to the work is actually an inexperienced "professional". I was there when he commenced and completed the first procedure and from conversing wih him, I can confidently deduce that he was also at a loss of the events and was always quick to push the blame to the supplied gear box. At no point in time did he have a technical or logical explanation as to what could be wrong.

I can go and on but no be everything person go dey yarn jare. Deed has been done. i just had to get the car away from there as there is no ray of solution coming from those guys.

@Mazdaenginepart, I am not trying to discredit you o, as I want to believe you referring me to your brother was with good intention but I am only disappointed that you didn't know his his capability before vesting such confidence in him before referring him.

Thanks for your effort all the same.
I'm sorry to hear all this from you
But as my bro told me that its now working perfect
But I later learn that the mechanic that work that gear is not the same engineer I am giving cars to work when I'm in ladipo
So sorry
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by mayor2013: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
stpat1:

I really appreciate your kind and selfless gesture. Where are you situated and when can I come? If you are close by and free today, I can come over. If not, it will be any time from Thursday as I will be out of town first light tomorrow morning.

B'rgds

Bring in the car tommorw if not call me when ever you want to bring it. Pre inform me ahead. I want to make sure am at the office. Address remains 12b Alhaji yekini olarewaju street Akesan bustop Igando
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by Kashif(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

@ kashif, please help a brother out! I've been in his shoes before, it's the exact opposite of pleasant.

They need to confirm where the problem is from - inside or outside the box. If its in the box, then he will need to replace the transmission. If outside, replacing the transmission will not solve it.

That is the most difficult part of transmission diagnosis!
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by LeJeun3: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:
But I later learn that the mechanic that work that gear is not the same engineer I am giving cars to work when I'm in ladipo
So sorry

This is all you can say?! Really??

I am amazed....

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by diportivo: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
LeJeun3:

I am amazed....

no mind am
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by timifakay(m): 12:11am On Jul 25, 2017
LeJeun3:

I am amazed....

In short, it's the brother that called a wrong technician.
Format of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by LeJeun3: 7:01am On Jul 25, 2017
timifakay:

In short, it's the brother that called a wrong technician.
Format of life.

The Format weak me.....!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by princetom1(m): 8:12am On Jul 25, 2017
Op... No vex o bt i just had to...

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by AutoElectNG: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2017
Mazdaenginepart:
So sorry

You have lost all credibility

If you had any credibility in the first place

If you caused a problem, you should fix it, that means it should be your time and your money and not the hapless customer.

Until you take full responsibility financially and otherwise for the damage you have caused, NO ONE SHOULD DEAL WITH YOU!

You have no compassion, he needs your cash to replenish what he has lost - which should come from you - and not your sorry!

Next time, stay clear of issues if you are not willing to bear full responsibility for problems you cause.

8 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
AutoElectNG:

If you caused a problem, you should fix it, that means it should be your time and your money and not the hapless customer.

Until you take full responsibility financially and otherwise for the damage you have caused, NO ONE SHOULD DEAL WITH YOU!

You have no compassion, he needs your cash to replenish what he has lost - which should come from you - and not your sorry!

Next time, stay clear of issues if you are not willing to bear full responsibility for problems you cause.

seconded!

@ princetom1 someone else is taking ur role on nl oh!

@mazdaenginepart what kind of format is this?
why not stick to stuff u r familiar with? why dabble into alien terrain and claim ur shop is a sight to see? wtf is our business with ur shop? please stick with ur Mazda and nothing else since ur associates whom u supposedly trust don't know jack about other stuff.

@op please liaise with mayor2013 let's see how it goes! I think he might be of better assistance than The first.
Good luck, I really feel ur pain. if only people can put their mouth where their pockets are and give some form of guarantee. At least u learnt something and showed most of us on nl one way(or person) that is a dead end. ur encounter is not totally worthless, it has created awareness, at the least; peeps that do not hold their rep in high esteem.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by princetom1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

seconded!

@ princetom1 someone else is taking ur role on nl oh!

@mazdaenginepart what kind of format is this?
why not stick to stuff u r familiar with? why dabble into alien terrain and claim ur shop is a sight to see? wtf is our business with ur shop? please stick with ur Mazda and nothing else since ur associates whom u supposedly trust don't know jack about other stuff.

@op please liaise with mayor2013 let's see how it goes! I think he might be of better assistance than The first.
Good luck, I really feel ur pain. if only people can put their mouth where their pockets are and give some form of guarantee. At least u learnt something and showed most of us on nl one way(or person) that is a dead end. ur encounter is not totally worthless, it has created awareness, at the least; peeps that do not hold their rep in high esteem.

Its a full house, no be only me waka come
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by boldx(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
I never trusted Mazdaenginepart when I saw his monicker. I don't why but he adverts here didn't just click in my mind.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by ray48: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
AutoElectNG:

You re on track. D bulk of d problem lies with d so called mazdaenginepart who referred d mechanic to him. I find it difficult to believe dat it's not a game plan bw them. If not how possible is it for somebody to make references without being doubly sure of d person's expertise, skill & area of specialization.
Mazdaenginepart has succeeded with d collusion of his cohort in Ladipo ripped him off & d only thing he can say is sorry. That's too bad.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by LeJeun3: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2017
stpat1:

B'rgds

Any update?!

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by sooperrescue(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
Before you guys crucify Mazda engine, what about the op? He left sound counsel to go for roadside mecs and he never asked questions. What gear oil does your civic uses and which oil did they pour into your transmission ? If you dont know, then you are at fault. The gear selector cable was not properly aligned hence you need d3 to move into drive. If the oil is still leaking, I suspect that they used seahorse for the gear. Accept responsibility and move on. For those of you buying toks gearbox, there is nothing like that anymore. Its naija used gearboxes being refurbished as toks. There are some cars that it is better repaired than replaced and civic is one of them.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by mayor2013: 3:05am On Aug 01, 2017
sooperrescue:
Before you guys crucify Mazda engine, what about the op? He left sound counsel to go for roadside mecs and he never asked questions. What gear oil does your civic uses and which oil did they pour into your transmission ? If you dont know, then you are at fault. The gear selector cable was not properly aligned hence you need d3 to move into drive. If the oil is still leaking, I suspect that they used seahorse for the gear. Accept responsibility and move on. For those of you buying toks gearbox, there is nothing like that anymore. Its naija used gearboxes being refurbished as toks. There are some cars that it is better repaired than replaced and civic is one of them.

You have a point. Do you buy brand new gear box for the landrovers?
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:55am On Aug 01, 2017
sooperrescue:
[s]Before you guys crucify Mazda engine, what about the op? He left sound counsel to go for roadside mecs and he never asked questions. What gear oil does your civic uses and which oil did they pour into your transmission ? If you dont know, then you are at fault. The gear selector cable was not properly aligned hence you need d3 to move into drive. If the oil is still leaking, I suspect that they used seahorse for the gear. Accept responsibility and move on. For those of you buying toks gearbox, there is nothing like that anymore. Its naija used gearboxes being refurbished as toks. There are some cars that it is better repaired than replaced and civic is one of them.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by connkg(m): 5:12am On Aug 01, 2017
@stpat1 Don't be ashamed. You learnt. The cost of the lesson you learnt needs mitigation, though. Thank you, mayor2013.

Apologies won't go far, when one denies responsibility. There is more to do, mazdaengineparts. Give something back!

@stpat1 What's up, now?
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 10:36am On Aug 01, 2017
sooperrescue:

Well it's unfortunate that I fell for it. How would I have deduced that they were quacks? He gave a referral and I assumed he had dealt with the person before. It was after I was neck deep that I realised it was a sham.

For the wise counsel you mentioned, I have checked through over and over again and still can't find any concrete direction(s) until when it became obvious that they never really knew what were doing.

I bought the gear oil the referred. It was not sea horse.
Are you saying from a professional angle that wrong use of gear oil is responsible for the leak and the D gear not functioning? Experts know the house will need to verify your claims.

If you know where they sell OEM new gear box pls let us know.

As you can see, I am not dragging the issue as it won't reverse the whole saga.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by stpat1(m): 10:38am On Aug 01, 2017
LeJeun3:

Any update?!

The car is parked jare. I need to recover from the stress before I attempt fixing again.
Unfortunately, I just need to fix as I cannot afford a car for now.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by diportivo: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
na that mopol/soldier option for work well afta that osita guy started saying he wasnt around

he no sabi say he travel wen he been dey make referrals oh

and he was even making mouth upandan here dat he is a pro undecided

it never ends well with ladipo mechs and honda gearboxes.....never

the guy wey do referral now don comot hand

atleast,he didnt touch the car angry
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by thebigkendo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
stpat1:

Well it's unfortunate that I fell for it. How would I have deduced that they were quacks? He gave a referral and I assumed he had dealt with the person before. It was after I was neck deep that I realised it was a sham.

For the wise counsel you mentioned, I have checked through over and over again and still can't find any concrete direction(s) until when it became obvious that they never really knew what were doing.

I bought the gear oil the referred. It was not sea horse.
Are you saying from a professional angle that wrong use of gear oil is responsible for the leak and the D gear not functioning? Experts know the house will need to verify your claims.

If you know where they sell OEM new gear box pls let us know.

As you can see, I am not dragging the issue as it won't reverse the whole saga.

luvinhubby see market

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by sooperrescue(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
mayor2013:

You have a point. Do you buy brand new gear box for the landrovers?
we repair gear boxes for landrovers, i dont recommend changing them locally, even to buy engine of 1.5m locally is a no no for me. America get them full. The reason why i dont subscribe to local purchase of gearboxes unless when it is absolutely necessary is because 70% of these boxes in the last two years are naija used. If the op heeded the free diagnostics offer, it would have been a little issue that can be resolved. Honda civic is known as a car that does not interest mechanics because there is absolutely nothing to do on a civic but the money he spent is more than what i used to buy a 2011 gearbox for an Acura 3 yrs ago.
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by thebigkendo(m): 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
stpat1 How did you finish with your gear
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by nasonaso: 3:00am On Sep 22, 2017
Stpat1 I read your case it was quite pathetic. Why are people bent on creating pains for fellow human ripping them up causing financial and emotional trauma.

I understand how you feel bro. May God grant you the courage to move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / David Oyedepo Car Collection: Why He Has So Many Luxury Cars? / Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.