Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

I Need To Fix My Gear Box. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need To Fix My Gear Box. (9090 Views)

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement / What Could Be Wrong With My Gear. / Please Advise On My Gear Code P0798 and P0986 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by captainking(m): 6:39am On Sep 22, 2017
stpat1:

I can't remember anyone offering a free diagnosis.
mayor2013 did offer you free diagnosis.. Probably.. You did not read it..
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by gat2so(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
@Op I was in your shoe 4 months ago which i regretted touching the tranny of my honda baby boy .... which i lost 190k to my calculation on same procedure you went through ....I just have to moved the car away when its could move so i dont sell the car (my second wife) on scrab.... till now i just have to manage my replacement... i later turned out to be a semi mech during the process which i have to serviced the two solenoid my self... but i learned alot of lessons.

You can let your electrician adjust the gear selector cable and check the solenoid if you have to put the so called blue Gum or gasket to seal the possible leakages which i experienced in my situation as well cos it was finished late in the evening .. This can make you enjoy the car for the time being before getting your self together and get another replacement if you have to..... its a very painful experience which makes me hated Honda car as a whole ....

1 Like

Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
Stpat1 any development?
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Stpat1,
Update please
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by kamsochi77(m): 4:29am On Oct 25, 2017
stpat1:

I was at his place today at Ladipo.
He recommended a mechanic to help fix the gear. After fixing, the D light was blinking continuously and the car could not even move forward or backward.

Now they are saying it might be an electrical bug and will contact someone for me tomorrow.

So I had to pick a few things and leave the car there.
I will be heading there tomorrow morning.

I regret my my decision though as I can't imagine spending that much without success.
i had a similar issue with my wifes honda years back,but i went to oyinbo myself and bought a very sound gearbox the car was flying like brand new!
Re: I Need To Fix My Gear Box. by seunpayne(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2017
Please o...I need to fix mine too all advice would be appreciated https://www.nairaland.com/4141290/need-change-gearbox#61811689

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SEAT Wants Drivers To Follow These Tips To Their Make Car A.C Work Effectively / Of What Purpose Was Your First Car: Luxury, Business Or Necessity? / Higer Bus To Build Bus Plant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.