Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,014 members, 7,863,678 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy (1417 Views)

Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. / If The Google Pixel 2 Is Anything Like The Lg V30 We’re All Good / That Moment The Demand For The Nokia 3310 Is Higher Than The LG G6 & Xperia XZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2017
Is the LG G3 still a good buy in 2017, Want to get one next week, probably london used. Or is there any better alternative for that price range below 45k
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Lucascruiz(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2017
Most lg g3 models have screen flickering and motherboard issues

1 Like

Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by heed101(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2017
Lucascruiz:
also runs on Kit Kat, I saw one at LG store with price tag of 150k grin
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
its upgradaeble to 6.0.1 marshmallow
heed101:
also runs on Kit Kat, I saw one at LG store with price tag of 150k grin
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
hmmm, you think so
Lucascruiz:
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by bravesoul247(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
Alexugoji:
Is the LG G3 still a good buy in 2017, Want to get one next week, probably london used. Or is there any better alternative for that price range below 45k
Get a Tecno Camon CX Air and thank me later.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Stevengold(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Personally I prefer the G2 over the G3. But if ur in PHC, G3 ain't expensive anymore. U can get it at 38k London used. Holla me for directions.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Jacobx007: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Its a good phone, bt once the screen breaks, you are in trouble. I currently have one wit a broken screen, bought the screen here on nl for 16k but came faulty, half d soft touch works while d other half doesn't respond. I checked aliexpress d average price is USD 45 but d quality is questionable. So guy, fink twice
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Hysmady(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
Don't near that phone bro...
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hysmady:
Don't near that phone bro...
why do you say so, i mean look at the Specs 3gb ram, 32gb rom android 6.0, active dev commnity with android 7.1.1
what else do you need, its less than 38k london used
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Hysmady(m): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Alexugoji:

why do you say so, i mean look at the Specs 3gb ram, 32gb rom android 6.0, active dev commnity with android 7.1.1
what else do you need, its less than 38k london used

Battery issues,board problems,screen flickers problem are its common problem
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by austinereds(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
it's a good buy this period it's worth it. but the screen flickering is a big issue.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by henrixx(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
which one be all this screen flickering here and there... I used g3 for up to a year and never experienced any flickering or whatever. g3 one of the best phones Ive used
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by sheriffman(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
I have used about 4 different variants of that phone and my conclusion is that yes that fone is hot. I still have one on me now. Though it's stuck on KitKat but I rooted mine and it's running on Marshmallow now. Any fone can give issues depending on how you handle it. But to be straight with you, the battery is poor you may need to get an extra one. And last warning do not buy the Verizon variant.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by baba4thegehs: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
bravesoul247:
Get a Tecno Camon CX Air and thank me later.

Will you leave this place now!! Tecno kor

1 Like

Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by djtommy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
The phone is very good especially at that price, there is no phone without cons and the major problem with the Lg G3 is the poor battery life and that's because of the QHD display and in some cases with motherboard and screen issue(especially the Lg g2) ...since the Lg g3 is a little old you might not see the original version, you will get mostly refined version and you may be lucky to get the one which is refined very well but you might be stock on kitkat

The phone is just too good for the price.

I might be getting one soon .
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by bravesoul247(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
baba4thegehs:

Will you leave this place now!! Tecno kor
kilode? Why should I leave? Hope say Tecno no vex you sha
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Navyguy(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
I just part pay for the phone....LG G3 very clean at 37k in Uyo shop..... London used.
I love the phone even before using it...
I experiment the camera and sound quality its just....WOW so guy go for it let's rock together
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Jacobx007: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Navyguy:
I just part pay for the phone....LG G3 very clean at 37k in Uyo shop..... London used.
I experiment the camera and sound quality its just....WOW so guy go for it let's rock together
Hold it very well oooooo, D screen is 16k grin grin angry
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by salford1: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2017
@op..The phone is a good if you are lucky not to get 1 with a flickering screen. Since it's used, it would most likely not have that issue or any issue would have been resolved. but hey..cavaet..

I and a cousin of mine got the phones new around the sametime. She used hers all through for over 2years without any issue. Mine had the flickering screen about 1month after purchase, but the screen was replaced under warranty and never had that issue till date.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by salford1: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2017
sheriffman:
I have used about 4 different variants of that phone and my conclusion is that yes that fone is hot. I still have one on me now. Though it's stuck on KitKat but I rooted mine and it's running on Marshmallow now. Any fone can give issues depending on how you handle it. But to be straight with you, the battery is poor you may need to get an extra one. And last warning do not buy the Verizon variant.
Suprised yours got stuck on kitkat. I dont know of any other phone manufacturer that pushes update faster than LG with the exception of nexus or google phones.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Alexugoji:

G3 is ONLY ideal if/when bought brand new. London used is a no-no cuz there's a high probability that you'll be buying a refurbished or fake device. Then there's this issue of screen flickering, battery issues, laggy UI, charging issues and faulty motherboards.

Believe me, with all this problems, it's not worth it. Just invest your money on better alternatives like HTC M8 or Samsung S5. They are much better than G3 in terms of durability and practicality.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by djtommy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Navyguy:

just let me know your experience and opinion when you get the phone.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by HarveyDeven: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yes it is! I don't know about that battery life, though, considering the fact that it has a QHD resolution on a 5.5" panel and the battery has a capacity of just 3000 mAh.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Olaryeankarh(m): 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
koice:

G3 is ONLY ideal if/when bought brand new. London used is a no-no cuz there's a high probability that you'll be buying a refurbished or fake device. Then there's this issue of screen flickering, battery issues, laggy UI, charging issues and faulty motherboards.

Believe me, with all this problems, it's not worth it. Just invest your money on better alternatives like HTC M8 or Samsung S5. They are much better than G3 in terms of durability and practicality.

Good choice! Well I've got an HTC One M8 (32GB of course) available. Very neat and has a screen guard. No issues whatsoever.
Just in case your interest is game wink

Personally, I loathe LG phones because of their wahala. Too much! I used an LG G2 for a while then that began my journey into researching LG phones. They're great but quick to run into issues like overheating, bootloop or screen ish.
Re: Is The LG G3 Still A Good Buy by Soulsymbol99: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
G3 is one of d best phones I hv used. It actually has same resolution wit samsung S6 n S7 cool.

(1) (Reply)

Save Some Money On Data Purchase :mtn Etisalat Glo Airtel / Futminna Announces post-utme Screening Details For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise / Dangers Of Using Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.