Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors (570 Views)

Niger Bridge At Risk Of Collapse, Igbo Group Cries Out / Fact Checking About The Real Igbo Blood Why Igbos Are Very Unique From Others / Igbo Group Protests In Support Of El-Zakzaky And IMN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by Uzy47(m): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Who We Are:

Real Igbo Ambassadors (RIA) is a pro- Igbo group.

Our Objective
*The fundamental objective is to carefully inform and intellectually direct the Igbo populace, particularly the youth, on the need to achieve positive goals by the most peaceful, productive and civilized methods.Through creative and entrepreneurial thinking,the Igbo man can become more resourceful by getting back to work and getting rid of the national cake mentality which have jinxed our nation and rendered the average Nigerian mentally lazy.
The Igbo man suddenly lost his enviable position as the ultimate survivor to becoming the ultimate lamenters.And in doing so we have through some unconsciously displays of reckless expressions incited negative views about us.We can’t allow fellow Nigerians to begin to see us as people with ulterior motive and lack of respect for others.
In this regard it becomes necessary that we can no longer watch while the image of the Igbos is being misrepresented.
We advocate a Non-Violent approach to issues particularly when it has to do with our national interest.
However we advocate for fair play and equity.

The Issue
While some pro- Igbo groups have in the past lamented and agitated for a fair and just treatment of the Igbo people, a lot of controversies have trailed some of the methods adopted by some in the efforts to fight against the real and or perceived injustices and persecution of the Igbo in the hands of Nigeria.
It is a fact that since the end of Biafra Civil War, the Igbo people have been marginalized in the leadership-political structure of Nigeria. It is also clear that at the slightest provocation, Igbos are the first to be attacked and killed – with their properties destroyed. The victims and survivors are left with a deep sense of rejection and abandonment as nothing is ever done by the authorities to indicate any form or degree of justice in their favour.
Recently, the experience of Fulani herds men trampling and destroying our farm lands, killing our people and raping our women is quite terrifying and unbearable.
It’s even more provoking when you realize that none of the perpetrators had ever been brought to book. We have suffered and endured, yet nothing appears to be changing except our will to survive.

The Uniqueness of The Igbo People is their ability to adapt, survive and enterprise even in terrible conditions.
Yes the Igbos are enterprising and it’s quite commendable. Little wonder how the Igbos came from the horrible experience of the civil war and attaining the position in the socio-economic position of Nigeria and Africa as one of the most successful.
But whenever we celebrate our success take credit for our enterprising prowess, we should also put into consideration other people who are part of our success story: the Nigerian people. Yes, I am talking about the vast population of the Nigerian people. We must understand that it is the power of the large population of Nigerian people that helped to rebuild us from £20.(Trader customer relationship).At least on that note lets say “thank you Nigerians”
Some might ask, where are we anyway? But I can confidently tell you that the Igbo people are not doing as badly as we think.

So when we get angry about what one or a few Hausa/Fulani man have done to us, we must also understand that we have benefited and even more to benefit,with so much already at stake economically and otherwise in terms of investment and returns: Our brothers who lives in the North can easily confirm this.
We want us to remember that in spite of our ethnic and religious differences, there are some Mallam Usman or Alhaji Ibrahim somewhere in the East, who is already an integral part of the Igbo community- and makes positive contributions in their own ways to the activities and development of the community. They function as leaders and help in controlling and monitoring the activities of their kinsmen who are equally law abiding citizens and are equally contributive to the activities and development of the concommunities they live.
There are also some Chief Okafor or Nzeh Chinyelugo who are Ezendigbos in various Hausa communities or cities where other illustrious Igbo people have lived for decades and are doing well for themselves and others in general. We must understand that it is peace, mutual understanding and tolerance that built and grew all these from little to this much. And it will be most atrocious if we move in the direction that will lead to all these human relationships and endeavors go up in smoke. As we speak on behalf of the new generation of Igbos who do not believe in violence, we strongly condemn any form of action or message that could suggest or instigate any kind of violence. We say a Capital NO to hate speech, incitement or violence of any kind by or against any human.

We reject any form of violence from any tribe,group or sect in Nigeria .We oppose any form of agitation that could lead us in the direction of another war as the consequences of war by far outweighs the benefits – whether as victor or vanquished.
We demand that every Nigerian should try to always speak with one voice; and when necessary take the required action against any form of injustice.
We reject any kind of activity capable of inciting hate or discrimination amongst the people of Nigeria.
We earnestly call for the restructuring of Nigeria and believe strongly that such exercise will be conducted on the basis of absolute fairness, equity and justice.
We strongly condemn the “Quit Notice” given to the Igbos by the Arewa youths. We therefore implore the Arewa youths to withdraw and desist from making such statement as such action is capable of blowing issues out of proportion,because one wrong can not be corrected with another.
We hereby call on our brothers and sisters to thread softly. Yes, we understand your grievances, nevertheless we plead with you to see good reasons why we must give Nigeria this chance. We must all brainstorm and channel our agitation towards the restructuring of Nigeria and believing that the outcome will ease our grievances.
We wish to use this opportunity to thank all pro Igbo groups who in their different capacities have brought the cry of the Igbo people to a different level of attention. We urge you to remain focused in your struggle for equity and justice, not only for the Igbos but for Nigerians in general.
We must understand that the world is watching and taking inventory of activities of all sides.
We must not be seen as an obstacle to the growth and development of Nigeria.

But if eventually the will of God decides that we should go our separate ways, it must be proved beyond every reasonable doubt that it could not work.Then it would not warrant the spilling of any man’s blood,for its only when man ignores Gods time and position that we begin to shed blood.
We must not be the ones to set the nation ablaze otherwise the world will hold us responsible and make us pay for such mistakes by turning against us with full force.
We must parade and present our grievances in the most civilized and patroitic manner because we can not do it all on our own. We need more friends not more enemies. And for us to make friends we must present ourselves friendly. Above all, we need God.And his greatest demand from Mankind is love.
With love we can co-existIt with empathy. Its only with love that we can judge more objectively.

We shall end with a verse from a popular musician, the late Lucky Dube:
”I AM NOT SAYING THIS BECAUSE I’M A COWARD, BUT I AM THINKING ABOUT THE LIVES WE LOSE EVERY TIME WE FIGHT WARS. And when we critically analyze it, the big question must be staring at us: Does it worth it? Yes…DOES IT WORTH IT? Because after all said and done, the sting of reality will be inevitable and inescapable. THINK. GREAT IGBO PEOPLE……. THINK!

REAL IGBO AMBASSADORS (RIA)

Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by vanbonattel: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kkkkkk

2 Likes

Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by Macdawid(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Let'em go 1st and see how they survive... Biafrans are born survivors!

1 Like

Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by Luckylife(m): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sorry you are living in a fool Paradise.
Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by Cooly100: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
Uzy47:
Yes, I maintain that it's better for the Igbos to remain as a part of One Big and Unified Nigeria, for now.
I share this belief because the prevailing Biafran mind set clearly has no  plans for the Igbo people, after we, the Igbos would have returned to our land. The pro-secessionists have not told us how and what the multitude of Ndigbo would survive on, when we all return.
I have taken time to study how our people live and make a living in Igboland. I have researched the survival conditions in the East and I can tell you emphatically that "it's nothing to write home about". The rate of poverty and hopelessness already on ground is really terrifying. The 'Eastern Region' will clearly become another regional disaster if we cut off the current  chain of economic balance. The. Reaon is not far-fetched: there's no economic structure or sustainable system to accommodate the 'naive and vulnerable' multitude of the Igbos, who ignorantly believe that merely returning to Biafra Land, is the ultimate solution to their complicated problems.
Having said that, let is be on record that I believe that the Igbo deserves a better deal within the Nigerian social political arrangement. I am absolutely convinced that we need to renegotiate the famous "sharing and allocation formula". I totally support the restructuring of Nigeria; and I will always exercise my support for its realization.
As we restructure the Nigerian system, we must not also forget  to restructure our own mind set. if we must go,we must first learn why countries like South Sudan and their likes failed after secession. We must begin to learn what countries that have succeeded after break up practises, knows and does.
We must begin to restructure our own region through every available resources in our possession: with support from  individuals, corporate, governmental and non-governmental institutions.
We must realize that we must begin to learn how to build our desired paradise because it will never fall form the skies. We must begin to learn how to love and live together like brothers.
The true Biafran must begin to learn and understand how things work globally and the direction the world is headed.
The real Biafran must not be intellectually obsolete.
Before I round off this piece, let's goo down the memory lane a bit.
About three years ago, the Deputy Secretary-General of ACF, Abubakar Umar,  while addressing members of the South-South/South-East Arewa Coalition said.
According to statistics, the Igbos’ investments in Kaduna, Kano and Jos alone amounted to about N45 trillion and with such huge investments in just three States of the north alone.
“Take Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, for example, the Igbos occupy over 73 percent of the land.
My submission is that, the Igbos are a Major Stake holders in the project Nigeria- let's stay to reap the fruits of our labour- we can benefit more from "jaw-jaw" rather than "war-war". Once Bitten Twice Shy.

Visit  www.realigboambassadors.com.ng for More!

Whe they went back to their land ravaged after the civil war...armed with just £20, they survived...Talk more of now...The thing is thay not everybody must come back, you are free to go to other countries, if you ust stay out...There re Igbos all over the world...so?

2 Likes

Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by starkid1996(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
unity begging at its peak
Re: New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors by conductor10: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
Behold the faces behind "Real Igbo Ambassadors" cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

The Population Fraud In Nigeria. / PDP Leaders Meet, Vow To Rebuild Party / Unveiling The True People Behind Bokoharam! Hot!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.