Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog (893 Views)

How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed / How To Index Your New Blog Post On Google In A Minute / How To Add Audio Player To A Post On Blogger Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by MrOkeke(m): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
How often should you get to Blog?

The same question I get to hear from other Bloggers.

Many Bloggers do best when on a steady routine and tend to drop 2-3 posts daily while others are accustomed to posting 2-3 contents a week or monthly.

Why Posting Daily May Work Out For You

For those finding it hard to be updating regularly on their Blog, getting to blog on a daily basis would help you build a strong writing habit.This actually worked for me

Getting to post regularly on your blog makes you be on an advantage and gives you an edge over other blogs especially when in a news/entertainment blog niche.

It can also boost your Google ranking and as well drive quality traffic to your blog.

It's simple analysis.

The more pages/posts your blog get to have, the more opportunities a reader get to find your Blog on Search Engines .

But then if you are going to be posting everyday

You should try as much as possible to make your posts short and precise

Plan ahead so as not to end up posting posts of inferior quality or substandard posts.

Vary your Post format so as to make it look interesting and not boring .You may go as far as including images,videos,interactive polls and infographics.

Why One Or Few Posts Per Week May Be Better Off For You

Many are forced to believe that Posting regularly on your Blog Puts you on an easy path to success

This is not true as you can still get to post 2-3 times a week and still be successful

What most readers seek are posts with rich and quality contents and not just loads of meaningless articles

Many tend to Unsubscribe from your RSS Feed when they get notified of new posts every single day .

They find it noisy, clumsy, vociferous and end up unsubscribing from your Site

As a blogger posting 2-3 times a week

Allows you to able to come up with articles that are rich in content and are highly constructed and original

Gives you a lot of time to be able to promote your blog on social platforms, generate quality backlinks and as well increase your Blog's visibility on Search Engines

Over To You Guys
Which blogging routine would you go for?

If posting daily doesn't work for you, then you should consider posting 2-3 articles a week.

It all depends on your individual skills, constraints and approach to blogging

Do not try forcing yourself to stick to someone else's blog routine as this might not work out so well for

Always look out for that which suits you best

Thanks for reading

I am Okeke Jerry
Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by pauljumbo: 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Once you are starting the focus should be quantity blog everyday once you start getting traffic and seo juice it gives you authority status then you focus on quality like blogging once in a week.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
pauljumbo:
Once you are starting the focus should be quantity blog everyday once you start getting traffic and seo juice it gives you authority status then you focus on quality like blogging once in a week.

This is so wrong.. Why would a blogger focus on quantity? This is what happens when the aim of blogging is not right at all. A passionate blogger will always dish out post from the bottomless part of his being.. He writes that which he feels connect to his readers. Even when he starts getting the traffic, it doesn't change his writing style rather, he tries to pull in more. He doesn't consciously fish out quality or quantity.. it's part of him. Even when he tries to, he will fail cause it's not part of him.

I have been a freelance writer for years and whenever my client couldn't pay in time, I would kind of try to get back to him by writing a poor quality article. Sadly, i will always end up writing a killer article instead.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by pauljumbo: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
everything you write here can be done in quantity when you are starting your blog.

Once you start getting good traffic and income you focus on quality and start posting less and more of quality.

Quantity does not mean your content will not be of quality what I mean is that you post more often when you are starting.

EntMirror:

This is so wrong.. Why would a blogger focus on quantity? This is what happens when the aim of blogging is not right at all. A passionate blogger will always dish out post from the bottomless part of his being.. He writes that which he feels connect to his readers. Even when he starts getting the traffic, it doesn't change his writing style rather, he tries to pull in more. He doesn't consciously fish out quality or quantity.. it's part of him. Even when he tries to, he will fail cause it's not part of him.

I have been a freelance writer for years and whenever my client couldn't pay in time, I would kind of try to get back to him by writing a poor quality article. Sadly, i will always end up writing a killer article instead.
Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
pauljumbo:
everything you write here can be done in quantity when you are starting your blog.

Once you start getting good traffic and income you focus on quality and start posting less and more of quality.

Quantity does not mean your content will not be of quality what I mean is that you post more often when you are starting.

I still beg to disagree. In fact, it's when the traffic start rolling in that a serious blogger will have to post more often, in other to retain his readers. How many hours does it take to write an artcle? Two hours is enough for an article of about 1200 words. I'm not just a blogger, i'm a freelance writer so I know the whole make up.

If you know your niche so well, you'll blog on both quantity and quality at the same time.. You dish out lots of quality quantities everyday grin
Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by pauljumbo: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
quality content have move from just written words to repurposing of content from text to video, podcasts, Infographics, slides etc

You can't do this all alone if you visit Neil Patel blog you will understand what am saying you can't do all this on a daily basis.

EntMirror:

I still beg to disagree. In fact, it's when the traffic start rolling in that a serious blogger will have to post more often, in other to retain his readers. How many hours does it take to write an artcle? Two hours is enough for an article of about 1200 words. I'm not just a blogger, i'm a freelance writer so I know the whole make up.

If you know your niche so well, you'll blog on both quantity and quality at the same time.. You dish out lots of quality quantities everyday grin
Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 10, 2017
pauljumbo:
quality content have move from just written words to repurposing of content from text to video, podcasts, Infographics, slides etc

You can't do this all alone if you visit Neil Patel blog you will understand what am saying you can't do all this on a daily basis.

Now you're tying to imploy Red herring. Our bone of contention is quality contents that comes with writing. Ok. Even though it's videos, infographics etc.. A serious blogger will also make it.. I know of a YouTuber who post everyday. If you're good in designing graphics, creating inforgraphics is nothing .

It all depends on the individual preference.. Some prefer to blog three times a week.. One will rather go for once.. While some blog everyday.. A serious blogger who knows what he's in for knows nothing about quantity. He blogs with passion and quality is inherent in all his post.

It's not consciously done! It's part of him.
Re: How Often Should I Get To Post On My Blog by ajasay3030(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2023
While you can easily generate more traffic with daily blogging, not everyone has the time and resources to blog everyday.

However, regardless of your busy schedule, try and add a blog post to your website every week.

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-often-to-blog-for-seo-daily-or-weekly/

Here is another guide on how long your blog posts should be for SEO:

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-long-should-a-blog-post-be-for-seo-what-works-for-us/

(1) (Reply)

Latest Mtn Cheat / Just IN: Fully Approved Naija Adsense For Sell. / Who'll Help Me Do Fiverr Review?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.