Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa (11933 Views)

Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists / Dickson Says APC Is Using Jonathan To Legitimise Fraud / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Sleyanya1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
As an Unbiased Nigerian, I must say whether we like President M. Buhari or not, his administration has over this two years make evident , the fight against corruption.

NB: You may say it is one sided Or it shouldn't be the focus but just keep in mind that Nigerian politicians change their parties more rapidly than football fans do even when their clubs ain't winning.

Corruption is the root of all evil in Nigeria (Not any tribe) and I pray it's defeated to a great extent because if it doesn't in this administration then I wonder when it will.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by wirelessmaster: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Why are wasting their time on this issue? This should not have been a frontpage issue on nairaland, except for record purpose. The leadership of the National Assembly was put in place by those treasury looters. Buhari, immediately after election thought with the battle to the victory, everybody in APC is with him. Unknowingly, immediately after the victory, the looters used stolen money to arrange the leadership of NASS using a very crude and uncivilised method.

Chief Bisi Akande, immediately raised alarm that stolen money was used to arrange NASS leadership to fight anti-corruption agenda of Buhari government, he was attacked. Now, he is sick, NASS members with Saraki ( a joker)their leader seeking 4billion naira from Sahara Reporters & Dino Melaye's mockery of decency at the floor of NASS bastardizing the life & death struggling of the opposition to power.

None of the anti-corruption bill before them has been passed. Even, no constituency can recall any of the members in the corruption clique.
This is not a democracy. I salute Col Sambo Dasuki, he is a well trained military intelligent officer, I also salute Fayose for his rare courage. The intelligent report that Buhari is medically not fit to rule Nigeria openly publicised with medical report on news media by Fayose before the election is after all the truth.

In the absence of the Commander - In - Chief, every thief becomes a General of looting. Can we survive like this?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by aplus2016: 1:03am On Jul 10, 2017
ofuonyebi:
Why would they not support such a Law...

Have we suddenly forgotten what OBJ said, the NASS is 6 & 7 with Corruption//

If na lie OBJ talk, why the Nigerian NASS no fit pass any Law for life jail or death aentence
for Looters like it is done in Pakistan, China and other reliable Nat'L Assemblies of other Nation

The guilty and corrupt are always afraid of MAGU!!

U are right. We will only be wailing until we know to identify our common enemies and do the needful. When the then British Prime Minister said Nigeria was fantastically corrupt, our leaders and youths condemned his honest statement. President Buhari accepted that we were truly corrupt. He attracted worse condemnation/criticism for accepting the verdict.

The people that did the condemnation are mostly our youths who sing the praises of our looters. Our looters are their heroes/idols. These youths who are enticed by peanuts from these looters are still sleeping, yet to know their common enemies. They are yet to know that these are the people who have subverted the system in their own interest- the reason why all the economic woes exist/persist including unemployment. Keep praising and defending them. Poor thieves are being thrown into prisons daily for stealing goats, chicken, yams, handsets etc but those who have stolen billions of dollars (which are the reasons the poor ones are stealing) cannot be tried. No thanks to the judiciary(senior advocates shielding them from trial, bought juidges giving compromised judgements etc).

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by eyinjuege: 2:00am On Jul 10, 2017
kinibigdeal:
APC and clueless policies...will PDP ever grant amnesty for looters?

The bill was sponsored by Lienus Okorie (PDP Ebonyi)as clearly stated in the post if you had gone through it.

Forget all these party mudslinging and clearly understand they are one and same. Everyone is there for their personal interests and not because of any Nigerian youth.

I hope such a bill isn't passed through law

Let us all take note of him, so that in the future if he wants to run for any office, you will not vote him in, as we know why he's there- to loot.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by eyinjuege: 2:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Codes151:
Linus Okorie is a fool! And his generation as well.... ebonyi should recall him asap

Exactly....

Let them know if they mess up or act stupidly while representing their people they will be recalled.
That will always make them to stand on their toes..

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by eyinjuege: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2017
jumobi1:
I support the bill because a lot of looters looted when corruption was pretty much the Nigerian way. If we arrest everyone that has stolen from government, we'll have no one to guard the prisons. It's just a sad situation that calls for unusual measures.
Give them time to return the funds. When the time lapses, go after those who returned less than they could have returned or those who didn't return anything.

Noooo....

If you allow them to keep any part of the stolen wealth, they will only aspire to steal bigger.
Example- steal 100million and keep 1 million. Why won't they steal a trillion next time to keep their 100million?
Passing such a bill into law will only make them more brazen in their thieving ways.
We need someone to sponsor a bill stating looting of public funds is seen as a treasonable offence punishable by death. Only takes effect as soon as it is passed.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by afrokid(m): 2:34am On Jul 10, 2017
This only shows that these people are in government just for their own interests and not of the people. We have more pressing issues like crime and insecurity, unemployment, inflation, health and welfare, power and much more. They would rather sit and discuss how to provide amnesty for treasury looters, move to impeach the acting president, force the comptroller-general to wear a uniform, remove the EFCC chairman from office and many other things they see as obstacles that would prevent them from looting further.
It's a shame that we, as a nation have to put up with such set of people. Not long ago in Venezuela, lawmakers were beaten to pulp for bad governance but in this part of the world, we would rather take sides with them because they seem to oppose the other leaders we do not like.

#OurMumuDonDo

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by jumobi1(m): 2:40am On Jul 10, 2017
eyinjuege:

Noooo....

If you allow them to keep any part of the stolen wealth, they will only aspire to steal bigger.
Example- steal 100million and keep 1 million. Why won't they steal a trillion next time to keep their 100million?
Passing such a bill into law will only make them more brazen in their thieving ways.
We need someone to sponsor a bill stating looting of public funds is seen as a treasonable offence punishable by death. Only takes effect as soon as it is passed.

I'm assuming this bill is for those who stole in the past and will be a short term law. It isn't a law to give amnesty to those who loot duting the period the law is in effect. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise it's a very pointless bill.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by eyinjuege: 2:54am On Jul 10, 2017
jumobi1:

I'm assuming this bill is for those who stole in the past and will be a short term law. It isn't a law to give amnesty to those who loot duting the period the law is in effect. Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise it's a very pointless bill.

I don't think it's any short term law (if there's anything like that) When will such a law expire? Who will "unlaw" it? These same people?

I think it's time the public start stoning all these people o.

Later they'll say someone is making statements to incite the public against NASS. Are they not doing it perfectly by themselves ?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by jumobi1(m): 3:50am On Jul 10, 2017
eyinjuege:

I don't think it's any short term law (if there's anything like that) When will such a law expire? Who will "unlaw" it? These same people?

I think it's time the public start stoning all these people o.

Later they'll say someone is making statements to incite the public against NASS. Are they not doing it perfectly by themselves ?

Lol it can be a legislative ACT effective for a month. It's akin to what Buhari'a government did. They didn't prosecute certain people that allegedly returned stolen funds within a time frame.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Yuji: 4:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Shared from Emeh Anyalekwa James

BEFORE YOU SAY IGBO NEED 'SOUTH SOUTH' PEOPLE IN BIAFRA BECAUSE OF THEIR OIL PLEASE READ THIS:

UAE has more Oil than Nigeria but Oil accounts for only 5% of their GDP (Ask Google).

About 40% Of the Oil in N/Delta are located in Igbo Land.(Abia, Imo, Anambra or parts of the Igbo lands in Rivers & Delta states)

Anam­bra state community of Igbariam in Anam­bra East has the highest untapped deposit of gas in Africa based on empirical records. (Ask Google)

Interestingly, the future is gas and not crude oil (Ask Google)

Igbo land was completely ravaged and desolate after the civil.

All Igbo investments in all parts of Nigeria taken over by other Nigerians as abandoned properties.

All positions occupied by Igbos in Civil service and private companies taken over by other Nigerians.

And every Igbo man was given N20 (20 Pounds then).

50 years later, Igbos own about 70% of the real estate in Lagos, Abuja , Port Harcourt and most other major cities in Nigeria without controlling the Niger Delta Oil.

Biafra doesn’t need the South south oil to be great; it is in our character.

Biafrans ‘re going because the Nigerian system does not allow us to grow at our speed.

Biafra is made up by many nationalities which Igbo is only one.
Nobody will be begged or forced to stay in Biafra.

If any of the Nationalities wish to stay in Nigeria, all they simply need is to vote NO During the referendum.

Not every Igbo wants Biafra, not every Ijaw wants Biafra, not every Efik wants Biafra and same for all the other Nationalities. We need referendum to decide what the majority of Biafrans want.

#NoReferendumNoElection
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by davillian(m): 4:31am On Jul 10, 2017
They know we Nigerians will only complain about it but can't do a Bleep about it.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:02am On Jul 10, 2017
banmee:

I know it's hard for you to see it now but talk like that is the reason you guys are not moving forward. You all don't think or talk like normal people.

Congratulations on your sudden fit of normal thinking.

Have you heard in the past of politicians being stoned by the very people they purport to represent?

I, at least, have historical precedence to support my abnormal thinking.

What facts have you to back your vague insinuation that I ain't thinking like a normal person?
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by awuf2008: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2017
I think the t is a welcome development and it will now encourage looters to come out willingly.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Tajikia: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2017
The bill is already working! They only want to reconfirm it. It is is called PLEAD BARGAINING Which of the past looters has not been set free walking on the streets after collecting ANY AMOUNT from him or her. Madueke , Obanikoro, Bala Muhammed , name them. One day monkey go go market he no go return.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by BurningBlade: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2017
This is what you get when you elect thieves into the NASS. They're not even ashamed of discussing such a bill. Sometimes I wonder if they're even sane at all.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Marvidris(f): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Tell 'em o, let 'em hear
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by enfash03(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2017
I don't understand why they can even imagine this kind bill... There are a lot of things we need to do in the country.... This really confirm that this people do not think of us at all rather than thinking of how they can remove themselves from what they have done
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Marvidris(f): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2017
a way of legalizing corruption cos dey know dey are all guilty of it
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2017
Iamdipson:

sit down there.. they can sign it without the executives

Really?

Then there is a real problem with the constitution.

A big loophole in the "checks and balances" premise that guides true democracy.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by misano(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Baroba:

Don't mind them, Linus Okorie does not represent the aspiration of any Igbo man or Nigerian, the earlier the youth of this nation starts to realise this the better..All Abuja Politicians are the same irrespective of ethnic group..They are selfish, greedy and immoral, a nation where minimum wage is 18k a year, yet your senators are the highest paid in the world..

I do not subscribe to everything Nnamdi Kanu says, but that guy was right when he said, " People don't reason in this country, it's the elite and a multitude of poverty stricken people who never challenge or question anything".. What a bleeped up country.. tufiakwa!!!

Exactly...
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by banmee(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

Congratulations on your sudden fit of normal thinking.

Have you heard in the past of politicians being stoned by the very people they purport to represent?

I, at least, have historical precedence to support my abnormal thinking.

What facts have you to back your vague insinuation that I ain't thinking like a normal person?

Lol. There is a difference between stoned and lynching bros. You are quick to say lynch because you guys are too used to jungle justice. That is my proof.
Re: Amnesty For Treasury Looters Bill Will Legitimise Corruption – Balarabe Musa by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2017
this proves that nigeria is run by crooks! the law is made to be abide by the poor people, if this bill is passed nigerians should either lynch these crooks who call themselves leaders or just migrate to another country because nigeria is doomed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Must Unite To Win Elections - Bola Tinubu To Bauchi APC Leaders / Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations / Rate This Photo Of GEJ In Air Force Regalia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.