Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria (26563 Views)

Little Boy Storms Out Of Family Gathering After Being Denied Swimming / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) / 17-Year-Old Girl Got Pregnant, Chased Out Of Family House, Turns Beggar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Martin0(m): 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Sterope:
Is it because she is dead you think you can misquote her? Fear God

Nothing can secure a marriage where wither or both parties don't give a damn about the institution. It is basically stupid to blame women for everything. Nice try!

Mrs sterope come! come! come! This is serious ooo,abeg calm ur temper down eee grin we learn everydaygrin nor dey vex for me oo eh oooO

Oya sorry eh I nor dey like to offend people or people should be angry with me,
Sorry eh this social media so u should expect diff opinion eh,sorry don't worry me nor go follow u ague over ya comment again ehgrin
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by davidif: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lalasticlala, mynd44, Seun, dominque can someone please put this on the front page? I know this is not shallow topic about celebrities or romance but this is more important.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by kenny714433(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2017

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by nkemdi89(f): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
thorpido:
Of course they do.It however depends on the type of birth control method and individual body reactions.
Common side effects include weight gain,mood swings,loss of libido and of course loss of menstruation.
So which is the best for long term and short term prevention? Does EC has a high effective rate?.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by YelloweWest: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
Family planning is so limited in Nigeria...
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by muhakeem(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
All of you should be watching while the north keep multiplying and during the next election com and start shouting that there is cheating somewhere when you hear the number of vote that will come out of north...
be using condom up and down..
and ladies be having seex up and down and still claiming they are not yet ready to get married....
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by johnsondbolaji(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
http://mainspringblog.com/medical-compatibility-intending-couples/

PLEASE SHEARE ,BROADCSST VIGOUROUSLY TO HELP INTENDING COUPLES
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
nkemdi89:

So which is the best for long term and short term prevention? Does EC has a high effective rate?.
Best will be relative because it will depend on the individual and the objectives but the ones that are long term are the sterilization,implants,IUCD and the pills.Short term are the condoms,diaphragm and pills.

EC will work if used within 5 days after unprotected sex.It is however not to be used as a regular contraceptive.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by farouk0403(m): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
funmisticqueen:
The fact that we still see igbos giving birth to more than 4 children is usually due to the fact that most igbos are catholic, also an igbo grandma told me that they secretely want to repopulate after they lost millions in the civil war.

And here you are busting out her little secret, majority of girls can't keep a simple secret.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by happney65: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
carammel:

In addition to this, once a woman starts running away from sex, then the man begins to threaten "i will go after other women o", some women do not care and from here,the man gets another woman pregnant and the population keeps increasing
I think government or bodies in charge of the family planning programme should make vasectomy compulsory for men if they actually want to control population cheesy,a woman shouldn't be the only one to face the consequence of doing family planning.

Already told bae i want just 2 kids..she dey para say she wants more than that..If am able to get two..I would go do vasectomy cos i no if i dont,she would purposely get pregnant..When am done,I would then inform her..She kuku knows what i can do..

Most Nigerian men do not actually want many kids,na the women dey always want more kids when in essence it is waste of time and resources
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Icon79(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
Omo, I have been dating since I was 15 (both in Nigeria and in the US), I have never met the type of women you referred to below.

Do those kinda women really exist

O pari

carammel:

In addition to this, once a woman starts running away from sex, then the man begins to threaten "i will go after other women o", some women do not care and from here,the man gets another woman pregnant and the population keeps increasing
I think government or bodies in charge of the family planning programme should make vasectomy compulsory for men if they actually want to control population cheesy,a woman shouldn't be the only one to face the consequence of doing family planning.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by buffalowings: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
muhakeem:
All of you should be watching while the north keep multiplying and during the next election com and start shouting that there is cheating somewhere when you hear the number of vote that will come out of north...
and ladies be having seex up and down and still claiming they are not yet ready to get married....

Smh
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by escodotman: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
carammel:

If you think govt should make vasectomy COMPULSORY for men, then hysterectomy should be made complusory for women too?

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by kennyblack94: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
From village to village, from city to city, we are spreading the message to Africans to make more babies.
We are warning them to fear Ngos and our own governments financed by Europeans to erase Africans from Earth.
We are informing them about how Afghans and Pakistanis fought those NGOS.
TALK to your family and friends about black people extermination plans carried by Europeans and their institutions.
If you are Europeans and have friends and families who go to Africa to take part in those racial war, discourage them.
The truth is Africa doesn't need Europe. There are more Europeans living in Africa and off Africa, than Africans living in Europe.
The immigrants crisis in the Mediterranean Sea is a Public relations crisis organized to justify in the eyes of European populations the eugenics, racial policies to be soon carried on.
I know, the message is spreading in our families already but we need to be more active, proactive.
Use any opportunity to inform your friends and families.
Beyond all encourage them to make more babies.
If they have planned only two, empower them to make 4 or 5.
If they have planned four, empower them to make 7.
Population growth is the solution, not the problem. Just ignore your own government propaganda. Be wary of Western financed NGOS.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by escodotman: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
muhakeem:
Which kind comment be this?
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by muhakeem(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
escodotman:
Which kind comment be this?
Ghanian comment
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by linked: 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Improving the practice of family planning curbing rapid population growth in Nigeria requires a comprehensive approach that factor these undying problems:
1. Teenage marriage- 20 % of Nigerian women get marriage by age 15 and subsequently become sexually active. Imagine how many babies they would produce all through their reproductive years. A policy prohibiting early teenage marriage may be the way to go.

2. Lack of Education: Educated people make less babies. Why? because they know the benefits. Basic education that include sexuality education should be compulsory for all.

3. Poverty: Ironically, family planning is believed to help reduce poverty but on the flip side, how would you expect an indigent couple who are unemployed to always spend their pass time??

Although seemily different, these factors are intertwined intertwined.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by kennyblack94: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
davidif:
NOT everyone thinks birth control is a blessing. Boko Haram, a jihadist group that terrorises north-eastern Nigeria, deems artificial contraception to be a product of infidel learning, and therefore forbidden. Its ideologues also believe that females should avoid school, marry early (sometimes while still children) and have lots of babies. In the dwindling areas the jihadists control, women have no choice.

Even outside those areas, contraception is controversial. Boko Haram’s ideology didn’t spring from nowhere. Many Nigerian Muslims believe that pills and condoms are part of a Western plot to stop Muslims from multiplying. And in poor, rural areas centuries of experience have taught people that having lots of children makes economic sense. They can be put to work in the fields, they will provide for their parents in old age and, given high rates of infant mortality, if you don’t have several you may end up with none.

So the government in Kaduna, a majority-Muslim state north of the capital, Abuja, does not encourage people to have fewer children. That would be politically toxic. But it does offer free contraception, and suggest that women might wish to pause between pregnancies. It also promotes girls’ education—something that has caused fertility rates to fall more or less everywhere it has been tried. As recently as 2008, women in Kaduna expected to have 6.3 babies each over a lifetime. By 2013 this had fallen to 4.1, well below the national average of 5.7 that year.

When Alheri Yusuf first heard about family planning from a relative, she hesitated. “I thought she didn’t want me to give my husband more children,” says the 33-year-old mother of four, as she waits for a contraceptive hormonal injection at a hospital in Kaduna. Then she realised that spacing her children would give her time to recover from childbirth.

Mawuna Remarque Koutonin
This Map, anyone could easily verify, tells it all.
Bigger population, higher density of population means development, economical growth.
Look at Africa empty continent.
The only parts of Africa growing economically are those with high density of population.
Africa population growth is the solution, not the problem.
Don't listen to European racist governments which are doing everything to kill more Africans and depopulate further the continent.
Making more baby is the solution.
Don't listen to stupid Africans either.
But careful of Africa DEpopulation NGOs financed by Europeans which are sterilizing in mass girls at schools. Share the information with your family and friends. Ask them to wash the poisonous mosquito nets before using them. Be aware!!

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by linked: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
kennyblack94:
From village to village, from city to city, we are spreading the message to Africans to make more babies.
We are warning them to fear Ngos and our own governments financed by Europeans to erase Africans from Earth.
We are informing them about how Afghans and Pakistanis fought those NGOS.
TALK to your family and friends about black people extermination plans carried by Europeans and their institutions.
If you are Europeans and have friends and families who go to Africa to take part in those racial war, discourage them.
The truth is Africa doesn't need Europe. There are more Europeans living in Africa and off Africa, than Africans living in Europe.
The immigrants crisis in the Mediterranean Sea is a Public relations crisis organized to justify in the eyes of European populations the eugenics, racial policies to be soon carried on.
I know, the message is spreading in our families already but we need to be more active, proactive.
Use any opportunity to inform your friends and families.
Beyond all encourage them to make more babies.
If they have planned only two, empower them to make 4 or 5.
If they have planned four, empower them to make 7.
Population growth is the solution, not the problem. Just ignore your own government propaganda. Be wary of Western financed NGOS.
Yes encourage them to be making more babies at the detriment to their health. For each baby born after the fourth by a woman the risk of maternal death increases about 10%.

Nigeria already has one of the worst maternal mortality ratio in the world at 814/10000 women. Believe me, even that figure is an underestimate as much of these deaths are not reported.

Yes, continue to encourage them to produce children they cannot adequately carter for as they grow to become social deviants..

Your position is simply RIDICULOUS

4 Likes

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Quinn22(f): 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
problems of family planning in Nigeria: Religion
Culture/Tradition
poor education
poverty due to inability to afford contraception

Infertility fear due to ignorance; most women think that when they use contraception, it will hinder them from having children in the future or make them barren.

1 Like

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
davidif:
Within Yusuf Ali, a cleric who joined a debate convened by the emir, married his first wife when she was 14 and he was 26. But Mr Ali, who has four wives and 38 children, now thinks girls should marry “above the age of 15”.
Oh my goodness! shocked shocked

He also favours family planning, so long as couples use withdrawal rather than modern contraception. He even agrees that girls should go to school.
What if his pull out game is weak? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Cough cough really? When most NIN with side chics upandan? The lounge is hot today...tell your pals to relax grin

happney65:

Already told bae i want just 2 kids..she dey para say she wants more than that..If am able to get two..I would go do vasectomy cos i no if i dont,she would purposely get pregnant..When am done,I would then inform her..She kuku knows what i can do..

Most Nigerian men do not actually want many kids,na the women dey always want more kids when in essence it is waste of time and resources
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Pataricatering(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
Majority of the problems we have are a result of patriarchy ! Its a problem when the ego of men is unchecked and allowed to run riot - crime , wars , disenfranchisement of women , immorality with no fear of consequence etc etc
cococandy:
I'm going to come at this from a different angle and I know many people will start sweating when they read my post but I don't really care because it's true.

The major culprit in population explosion especially in third world countries is patriarchy.
The idea that a man's name has to be perpetuated makes couples have children even if deep down, they really do not want children. In fact everyone is raised to never consider the option of staying childless.

Is anyone on this thread going to claim they've never heard 'who will continue the father's name?' Like the man when he dies will be aware of anyone bearing his name or not.

The women are railroaded into this ego trip by being made to feel worthless when they aren't married or when married and their bodies can't be put to use to perpetuate the man's name.

Don't even get me started on people looking for male children while having their 7th girl and impregnating other women outside in their bid for the male gender.

Argue all we want, this contributes 50% (in my opinion) to the population explosion. At least from my experience growing up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by peterphd(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
cococandy:
I'm going to come at this from a different angle and I know many people will start sweating when they read my post but I don't really care because it's true.

The major culprit in population explosion especially in third world countries is patriarchy.
The idea that a man's name has to be perpetuated makes couples have children even if deep down, they really do not want children. In fact everyone is raised to never consider the option of staying childless.

Is anyone on this thread going to claim they've never heard 'who will continue the father's name?' Like the man when he dies will be aware of anyone bearing his name or not.

The women are railroaded into this ego trip by being made to feel worthless when they aren't married or when married and their bodies can't be put to use to perpetuate the man's name.

Don't even get me started on people looking for male children while having their 7th girl and impregnating other women outside in their bid for the male gender.

Argue all we want, this contributes 50% (in my opinion) to the population explosion. At least from my experience growing up.

So a matriarchal system is the cure to the Ills of overpopulation huh? A system that rapes men in child support and custody hearings, divorces courts and the likes? Where women cannot sin and men are always assumed rapists and as the scum of the earth? Abeg drexx go left with that nonsense.... The patriarchy is responsible for every benefit you enjoy and even your existence is due to patriarchs who defended your pregnant ancestors. Please come up with solutions to overpopulation without displaying p*enis envy and then tell us a really successful matriarchal society. Don't worry, we'll wait.

2 Likes

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Martin0:
The birth of male
children is still the source of pride and honour in
Nigeria, while that of female children is seen as
failure.
This perhaps explains the reason for the large
number of children born by most families in a quest
to have male children.
Contrary to the desires of most families, National
Population and Census Board data shows that more
female children are being born than male children
each year in Nigeria. Of Nigeria’s population of about
120 million, 53 percent are female and 47 percent
are male, according to the Nigerian Population and
Censors Board.
This desire for a male child has resulted in husbands
pressuring their wives to have more children, in
some cases putting the health of the women in
danger.
When this fails to produce the desired results, men
will resort to polygamy in the hope that the other
women will give them the son they need.
An average Nigerian does anything to have a male
child, who will carry on the family name in this
patriachal society. Some female children also retain
their family name, even in marriage, to preserve their
father’s name.
Faced with such social perceptions towards male and
female questions, more people in Nigeria are trying
to find answers to the question whether male
children benefit the family more than the girl child.
This search for answers have extended to seeking
understanding and meaning from religion too.
“In Islam, a very high value and respect is placed on
a girl child. Prophet Mohammed made men to
understand that when a man brings up two
daughters very well, and they are married off as
virgins, God will reward him with paradise.

A female can't pass the name to her children
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
cococandy:
What answers are they looking for?

The answer is right there in plain view. It's a result of internalized misogyny that's all.

That's not all.
Looking for male child is not the cause of population in Nigeria, calm down.
It's an issue but it's not even among the major causes.
All these poor people that have 5 boys and two girls, Wetin dem dey find?
Is that even the case with the North?
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Martin0:
Dora Akuyili former NADAC MD once said year's back if you want your marriage to be completely secured

•Have a male child for him
•Cage him with your passionate sex drive
These where her words year's back.

According to her she say ''when a lady is put to bed(hospital)and maybe she was expecting a male child even if she's not disturbed by her husband quest,deep inside her when it fanally becomes a female as against her disires,sometimes she will feel some sence of sadness" And it will be known only to her...

Your husband might not persuade you over a male child but deep inside most ladies because it's the way of Nigerian's and it culture,believ and honors attached to it she will be eager to get one..

What lesson to her saying all these?
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Martin0(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What lesson to her saying all these?
see jambshocked
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
Pataricatering:
Majority of the problems we have are a result of patriarchy ! Its a problem when the ego of men is unchecked and allowed to run riot - crime , wars , disenfranchisement of women , immorality with no fear of consequence etc etc
Without a question.
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Martin0(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

A female can't pass the name to her children
hahahhahahahaha na wa ooogrin
Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
peterphd:

So a matriarchal system is the cure to the Ills of overpopulation huh? A system that rapes men in child support and custody hearings, divorces courts and the likes? Where women cannot sin and men are always assumed rapists and as the scum of the earth? Abeg drexx go left with that nonsense.... The patriarchy is responsible for every benefit you enjoy and even your existence is due to patriarchs who defended your pregnant ancestors. Please come up with solutions to overpopulation without displaying p*enis envy and then tell us a really successful matriarchal society. Don't worry, we'll wait.
Pen*s envy grin

I'll pass. No use having an organ that renders some of the owners senseless when they need sense the most

2 Likes

Re: The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria by Martin0(m): 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
cococandy:

Pen*s envy grin

I'll pass. No use having an organ that renders some of the owners senseless when they need sense the most
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / My Own Mother Sleeping With My Friend’s Dad! / Pastor Glory Idahosa Speaks On His Marriage, Christabel Idahosa's Accusations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.