Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today (18629 Views)

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / 9ice Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Chiwetel Ejiofor And Beyonce To Star In ‘The Lion King' Remake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2017
Chiwetel Umeadi Ejiofor, (born 10 July 1977) is an English actor. After enrolling at the National Youth Theatre in 1995, and gaining a scholarship to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, at age 19 and three months into his course, Ejiofor was cast by Steven Spielberg to play a supporting part in the film Amistad (1997) as James Covey.

Ejiofor portrayed the characters Okwe in Dirty Pretty Things (2002), The Operative in Serenity (2005), Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave (2013), Karl Mordo in Doctor Strange (2016), and Dr. Vincent Kapoor in The Martian (2015). For 12 Years a Slave he received Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations, along with the BAFTA Award for Best Actor. He was nominated for a 2014 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for his performance in Dancing on the Edge.

Ejiofor has received numerous awards and nominations for acting, including the BAFTA Orange Rising Star Award in 2006, two Golden Globe Award nominations, and the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor for his performance in Othello in 2008. In 2008, he was awarded an Officer of the OBE by Queen Elizabeth II for services to the arts. He was elevated to Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2015 Birthday Honours.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiwetel_Ejiofor

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by taylor88(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2017
lalasticlala good morning
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by justi4jesu(f): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2017
Happy Bornday
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by pyyxxaro: 7:46am On Jul 10, 2017
AFONJA fall on you grin
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Evablizin(f): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2017
HBD chiwetel

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by DickDastardly2(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2017
IGBOs doing GREAT THINGS all over the world cool

38 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Ericaikince(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Hbd broff

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by NwaAmaikpe: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
shocked

I would have said 'happy birthday' out of ethnic sentiments.

But I have not discarded the grudge I have for him after he I saw him on a nude Thandie Newton in Half of A Yellow Sun.

Thandie Newton my beloved crush!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by uju22(f): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Happy birthday chiwetal, may God bless your new age

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
grin happy birthday son of the east

3 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by partnerbiz4: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Good actor. Used to like his films..

See below for your data.

See testimonies too..

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Sleyanya1(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Happy Birthday Sir
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Wholue: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
grin
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by managersam: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:
AFONJA fall on you grin
The distance between you and common sense is like this...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Blackfire(m): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Just watch as this lovely thread goes to the dogs E war loading....
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
I just watched the movie "half of a yellow sun" and I must say, this guy is very talented. For those that are chanting biafra, I strongly recommend that you watch that movie, you'll learn a lot from it. You'll learn that biafra is not strong enough to stand on its own, you'll learn that biafra cannot win a civil war against Nigeria and you'll learn that war is not something you wake up one morning and fight. You'll also learn that the average igbo man is not built to fight like the hausa people, rather he's built to do business. Just watch the movie

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Y'all Igbo fanatics and tribalists should stop behaving this low. This guy classifies himself as British not even Nigerian nor the illusional Biafran. He is a great actor. I liked the first role I saw him play in Amistad. Ever since then he has been breaking bounds. Among him, Djimon Hounsou, David Oyelowo, Adewale Agbaje, I don't know who to call the best. But they are all terrific and play whatsover role given to them inventively. Happy Birthday Chiwetel

9 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by bolaidu001: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2017
Congratulations to a great actor who is doing Nigeria proud
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Arewa12: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2017
Great Guy
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Happy birthday to him

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by YelloweWest: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2017
My crush....

Happy birthday handsome.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by bayocanny: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:
AFONJA fall on you grin
Too early for this bro
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by kingrt2(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Non story

See signature

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by agadez007(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:
Y'all Igbo fanatics and tribalists should stop behaving this low. This guy classifies himself as British not even Nigerian nor the illusional Biafran. He is a great actor. I liked the first role I saw him play in Amistad. Ever since then he has been breaking bounds. Among him, Djimon Hounsou, David Oyelowo, Adewale Agbaje, I don't know who to call the best. But they are all terrific and play whatsover role given to them inventively. Happy Birthday Chiwetel
Why does this "He is british not Nigerian" nonsense come up only when it Involves an Igbo person?

The same people will claim Anthony Joshua,wale and the Other star trek dude eventhough none of these people speak yoruba and then talk nonsense when it involves Igbos

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Thukzee011: 8:28am On Jul 10, 2017
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim till now.

2 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Afam4eva(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:
I just watched the movie "half of a yellow sun" and I must say, this guy is very talented. For those that are chanting biafra, I strongly recommend that you watch that movie, you'll learn a lot from it. You'll learn that biafra is not strong enough to stand on its own, you'll learn that biafra cannot win a civil war against Nigeria and you'll learn that war is not something you wake up one morning and fight. You'll also learn that the average igbo man is not built to fight like the hausa people, rather he's built to do business. Just watch the movie
Shut up and wish him a happy birthday. You talk too much.

Happy Birthday Chewy.

14 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2017
agadez007:
Why does this "He is british not Nigerian" nonsense come up only when it Involves an Igbo person?

The same people will claim Anthony Joshua and wale and then talk nonsense when it involves Igbos

Stop reasoning like a dullard. When Chi Onwuah corrected that she is British, not Nigerian, why didn't you complain? Chiwetel was not born in Nigeria. Never lived here. Stayed here only for the filming of "Half of a yellow Sun". His parents are immigrants in the UK Same we can say for Michael Oyelowo. As for Anthony Joshua, the young man has been shifting his life between the UK and Nigeria, although more in the UK.

By the way, the time you're using to profess tribal superiority online would have been better used to improve your thinking perspective.

5 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by fabulousnize(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2017
hbd
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by KemjikaEme: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2017
agadez007:

The same people will claim Anthony Joshua,wale and the Other star trek dude eventhough none of these people speak yoruba and then talk nonsense when it involves Igbos
It's pure Yoruba stupiidity!
Wale and David Oyelowo can be Yorubas eventhough they identify as non Nigerians and represent a non Nigerian brand while their Igbo counterparts are always denied their African and Igbo identity each time their names come up.

10 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:

Stop reasoning like a dullard. When Chi Onwuah corrected that she is British, not Nigerian, why didn't you complain? Chiwetel was not born in Nigeria. Never lived here. Stayed here only for the filming of "Half of a yellow Sun". His parents are immigrants in the UK Same we can say for Michael Oyelowo. As for Anthony Joshua, the young man has been shifting his life between the UK and Nigeria, although more in the UK.

By the way, the time you're using to profess tribal superiority online would have been better used to improve your thinking perspective.
STFU he is Igbo,he proudly bears "CHIWETELU EJIOFOR" which goes to prove that he is proud of his roots unlike some that answer "Anthony Joshua" to hide their yorubaness just so they'll be accepted by the whites.Igbo is Igbo whether in Nigeria or diaspora.Deal with it!!!!If it was crime related news now you'll be the first to call them "biafuros".Your divide and conquer tactics is dead on arrival,child of hate,antiquity and anger.Shameless and pathetic lots .If you are pained,kindly do the world a huge favor and end ur miserable life !!!Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by agadez007(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:

The Greatest Fool is One Who Fools himself

Am sure you would lead the Pack with you Yoruba brothers to call them Flatron,IPOB etc if they were catch Smuggling drugs

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: DJ Exclusive Reacts To Anto’s Eviction, Predicts Miracle For The Win / "Good Music Doesn't Have An Expiration Date" - Paul Okoye / Lagos Health Commisioner Gives OJB Free Dialysis Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.