Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce (25971 Views)

Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return / Senator Ben Bruce's Successor, Hon. Blessing Izagara Pays Him A Visit (Pics) / Osinbajo Orders 24 Hours Power Supply For Ariaria Market Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by greatgod2012(f): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Princedapace:

My dear.. here is our problem: we cant challenge our leaders...we cant protest, we cant force them to take actions, we cant compel them to pass a particular .. we cant protest until we have 18 hours power supply etc

do u know why?

It is because we are ethnically different! We cant have unity of purpose here.. An average Nigerian is so scared that he is ready to die before his death..

My sister, sentiment aside, states/regions need to run their own affairs and control their own resources.. my dear, when hunger hit many states by then, most of them will get sense to make best out of what they av in their state..

some states can survive on medical tourism, education tourism, historical tourism, sport tourism etc.. this can only happen when the citizens protest, disturb, pull their various state govt..

We cant do that now at our various states because the central govt runs the affair of this country.. Power needs to leave the central govt..

My dear sister, if we dont do this, we would remain like this even in the next 50 years.. only the political class will keep enjoying the current system. If we can have 10 Nnamdi Kanu, (aside his abusive words) , if we can have his type fearlessly engage the ruling class and we get to allow full control of all resources at state/regional level, this country would be delivered from the ruling class..

You're definitely right and unarguably correct!

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2017
GQman:
Nigerians, let us use Nnamdi Kalu, as an inspiration to become more engaged citizens and ask for better leadership.
We criticize our leaders, but we have not been exemplary citizens or followers.
We need to make our leaders know that we'll hold them to account.
While we are tearing our house down, the rest of Africa is moving on.
Take Rwanda for example: You'll think you were in Switzerland once you arrive in Kigali.
Rwanda had a recent war! Rwanda is landlocked and is not richer than Nigeria.
Rwanda is the cleanest state in all of Africa (take a look at the video below).
The savvy African traveller knows that Kigali is far better than Abuja or Lagos.

The Southeast may be landlocked like Rwanda, and like Rwanda has alsovhad a genocide but look at what Rwanda has become.
Can the Southeast meet the challenge? We hear that the southeast is roaring to emerge as the answer to the black man's prayer and is ready to compete. If you want to compete, look no further than Rwanda! Rwanda has set the bar high, lets see what Southeast can do.
No be for mouth ooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0muJcrtwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7VEK3m3FfU
Good Food for thought!
We the masses need to wake up!
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2017
IamGobe:
Good fr them
Here in naija We value food more than electricity
Abeg who electricity EPP?
Mtcheew!!
Modified**
FCT for d first time grin
I dedicate this FTC to all the the women frying akara in abuja...keep it real More oil to ur frying pot
Nt forgetting my fellow able KSU ayinbga students God will remember us very soon.

shocked
dem still fry AKARA 4 Abuja.....d CAPITALgrin
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by tomieyRozay: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2017
IamGobe:
Good fr them
Here in naija We value food more than electricity
Abeg who electricity EPP?
Mtcheew!!
Modified**
FCT for d first time grin
I dedicate this FTC to all the the women frying akara in abuja...keep it real More oil to ur frying pot
Nt forgetting my fellow able KSU ayinbga students God will remember us very soon.
you are a fool
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by michoim(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2017
Seeing power generation and distribution is a long-term project, Ben Bruce should tell us why PDP failed to give us 24 hours light after 16 years rule .
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 10, 2017
That's one if the reasons y u where elected,so I wonder if it's d citizens that elected u should make that happen or u

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by LordOfNaira: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2017
He should shut the Bleep up!!! Is he not part of the Federal Government.

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by LordOfNaira: 11:02am On Jul 10, 2017
capatainrambo:
and again

where is fasholA

What concerns Fashola? I hate how the legislators, especially this Bruce, always try to exonerate themselves from blames.

Who reduced the budgetery allocation for Mambilla Hydropower project? Was it not the legislature (Bruce is a part of that arm) that did so? To have stable power supply, the legislature must show more seriousness than even the executive because the executive can only implement an approved budget. If the legislature continue to tamper with allocation meant for improved electricity, Fashola will continue to work in vain.

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by LordOfNaira: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2017
taylor88:
wen ur self acclaimed minister of darkness is alive

You people are ignorant and irresponsible. You think Fashola is a magician who can turn the rotten power ministry around on limited funds? What did the legislature (including Bruce) do to the proposed Mambilla Hydropower project? They reduced the allocation. They prefer street lights to improved power supply and instead of you all to support Fashola against these bastard legislooters who do not care one bit about you (lazing around in the senate and spending your money on university girls), you are blaming Fashola who is actually doing all he can to help.

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by bluecircle470: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2017
Bloody lie from a so called common-sense senator. Av been to Kigali twice in d last 35 months
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by farihafaheemah(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
He said the truth but your type that don't know the importance of electricity will talk nonsense
He never denied that fact, he only pointed out that why discussed vital issues on social media, why not present it at senate for proper discussion. Have u ever heard Ben Bruce in the floor of senate to sponsor bills on how to better life of Nigerian citizen?

2 Likes

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by stanleyazo(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2017
Ok Sen Ben Bruce ... can you start by giving the constituency you represent 24 hours constant light ?
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by VictorJoshua(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2017
Senator Ben Murray Bruce,has been making a lot of sensible remarks and revealing a lot of interesting ideas. But I think its high time he started taking revolutionary and transformative actions.
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Bobnotrouble: 11:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Just the way he and his colleagues in the Senate worried about Custom boss not wearing uniform and Magu so called lack-of-integrity saga, thereby relegating the National burning issues to the background and seeing them has a passing-fly.
If not hypocrisy, why not practice what he preaches!

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
capatainrambo:
grin buhari pant fall on you
lmao.. you're so funny
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Agumbankembu: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
GQman:
Nigerians, let us use Nnamdi Kalu, as an inspiration to become more engaged citizens and ask for better leadership.
We criticize our leaders, but we have not been exemplary citizens or followers.
We need to make our leaders know that we'll hold them to account.
While we are tearing our house down, the rest of Africa is moving on.
Take Rwanda for example: You'll think you were in Switzerland once you arrive in Kigali.
Rwanda had a recent war! Rwanda is landlocked and is not richer than Nigeria.
Rwanda is the cleanest state in all of Africa (take a look at the video below).
The savvy African traveller knows that Kigali is far better than Abuja or Lagos.

The Southeast may be landlocked like Rwanda, and like Rwanda has alsovhad a genocide but look at what Rwanda has become.
Can the Southeast meet the challenge? We hear that the southeast is roaring to emerge as the answer to the black man's prayer and is ready to compete. If you want to compete, look no further than Rwanda! Rwanda has set the bar high, lets see what Southeast can do.
No be for mouth ooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0muJcrtwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7VEK3m3FfU

If Biafra was an independent state, it would have been an example for Africa, this Rwanda you see takes STEM and research seriously, they invested so much in waste processing uses bio fuel to create mini power station that generate electricity.
You can attest to the highly powered scientific team during the time of Biafra.
I am not happy I tell you, we ought to be competing with the rest of word in Science and technology, but we are more concerned with who wins Jollof rice with Ghana.
Ghana no be our mates in Research and Science, they have so many opportunities for people into those fields, even Gambia too.
Let me stop here, I am just annoyed.

2 Likes

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by GQman: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Agumbankembu:

If Biafra was an independent state, it would have been an example for Africa, this Rwanda you see takes STEM and research seriously, they invested so much in waste processing uses bio fuel to create mini power station that generate electricity.
You can attest to the highly powered scientific team during the time of Biafra.
I am not happy I tell you, we ought to be competing with the rest of word in Science and technology, but we are more concerned with who wins Jollof rice with Ghana.
Ghana no be our mates in Research and Science, they have so many opportunities for people into those fields, even Gambia too.
Let me stop here, I am just annoyed.

I whole heartedly agree with you!
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Agumbankembu: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
afroxyz:

The SE lacks a critical factor that Rwanda has. LEADERSHIP. Without leadership, there is no direction.There is no clear cut leader among the Igbos. We should first hold our governors accountable before blaming the President.

Tell me the clear cut leadership in other regions, in the old we had Michael Okpara and Sam Mbakwe, nigeria is a nut case, from top down, the system has made it possible not to have any ideology and developmental plans to follow. Stop looking for SE to blame, every other region is fumbling, even Lagos with all the IGR is fumbling too, if u compare what is happening there and money it generates.
Calm down abeg.

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by MadCow1: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
360command:
look I don't know what you are talking about .. I have gone to the poorest village in a few African countries and I was shock...a village that has nothing, just dependent on their farms and fishery but they have light better than some cities in Lagos.. my village, which is not a village cause it is developed is struggling to have light since 7years.. Nigeria is failed state when it comes to providing lights to peoples home.

An example is Benin Republic. Cotonou and Porto Novo get about 20 hours of light daily but villages like Parakou and Savalou would be lucky to see 3 hours of power in a Day.

Another is Ghana. Accra, Tarkoradi, Cape Coast, Tarkwa, Kumasi and a few places like Suyani, Dunkwa and co which aren't as developed as the others don't get that much power supply daily.

Basically, what I am suggesting is a prioritization plan since we lack the capacity to provide power uniformly to all parts of the country.
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Splashme: 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
He said the truth but your type that don't know the importance of electricity will talk nonsense
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Younggeneral: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
capatainrambo:

stop grunting like a zombie and leave me alone

no time for ur likes.

he is not communicating to you. I wonder y u wasted time posting ur usual trash. tell me what is osibanjo and buhari doing about light.

answer or forever hold ur peace
the same thing your hero and PDP were doing for the last sixteen years go borrow sense pls
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by IamGobe(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
tomieyRozay:

you are a fool

Tnk you!
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by IamGobe(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mylestone:

shocked

dem still fry AKARA 4 Abuja.....d CAPITALgrin

Lol.....yes o
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by fiyin47(m): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
How you take make sense stupid senator
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by ejanla077: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
capatainrambo:
grin buhari pant fall on you
chaiii.. nyaaaamaaa.
God forbid
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by emmanok24(m): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Is it the masses that will make that happen or the government? He should loudly inform his co-looters !!! Stupid man with no common sense!
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Turbocharged: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
0b100100111:
Social media senator!

He has made more subject matters on social media than the National Assembly where it applies to the most.

I wonder if the debate has in anyway hindered him and his colleague from executing there functional duties.

Always making sense "ONLY" on social media like his scared of confronting those that needs to be spoken to.

Donald Trump the 2nd!
It is either you are so uninformed or you are intentionally stupid. If you follow proceedings in the Senate, you should know that Ben and Dino are the two most outspoken senators in that floor.
Secondly, even if he doesn't speak at the floor of the Senate, did he not make valid point. Shouldn't we be having 24/7 electricity in Nigeria in this generation. This is the 21st century, and instead of the country to be moving forward, we are going backwards. Worst than we were in 1960.
You people should stop supporting evil. A father, whose children are homeless and hungry , even though he earn large sums of money, is Evil.
Stop supporting Evil.

1 Like

Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by 0b100100111: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Turbocharged:

It is either you are so uninformed or you are intentionally stupid. If you follow proceedings in the Senate, you should know that Ben and Dino are the two most outspoken senators in that floor.
Secondly, even if he doesn't speak at the floor of the Senate, did he not make valid point. Shouldn't we be having 24/7 electricity in Nigeria in this generation. This is the 21st century, and instead of the country to be moving forward, we are going backwards. Worst than we were in 1960.
You people should stop supporting evil. A father, whose children are homeless and hungry , even though he earn large sums of money, is Evil.
Stop supporting Evil.

Read the subject again and my comment, then get back to me informed one grin
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by Turbocharged: 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Agimor:
I don't understand. Is Bruce not in a better position to make this country better for everyone. Must he become the president for him to galvanize vote from his fellow looters to make laws that will affect the average Nigerian positively. Enough of playing to the gallery. Do want you can to effect lives in the position you found yourself.
He is not.
He is only a senator and not The Senate. He only have 1 voice and 1 vote in the Senate of over a hundred senators. The Senate decisions are made by "majority carries the vote", and every senator has his political, ethno-religious, social, financial, caucus, etc. interests .
Re: We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce by sebeydiah(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
shey u no dey among dem? u self try give us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of N131m, Hotels, Houses Stolen From Ministry Of Power / We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK / Adamu Garba: Nigeria Cannot Break, It's A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.