Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Would A Child Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Child Do This? (1432 Views)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / When A Father Becomes A Witch, See His Family As Enemies.what Can A Child Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2017
Good morning all. Hope your weekend was splendid.

I have this, rather disturbing story to share and also get your take(s) on it.

At about 9:30pm, on Saturday, I received a call from a colleague of mine about something that happened in his house that day. He called me because we are very close to each other at work. He works directly under me infact, if you will.

So this is the story; he got home in the evening and was told by his 4 year old son that his daughter who is 14 years old has packed her bag and left home. He didn't take the talk seriously, thinking that, maybe she has gone to fetch water. But after a while he decided to open the fridge and he was greeted by a very strong foul smell. He opened the pot of soup which was in it and found that a strong chemical substance has been poured into it. He went to where he kept a mix of fumigation chemicals( a mixture of sniper, action 40 and DD force and of course water) and saw that the bottle was empty. He then, checked for the girls clothes and saw that her clothes were missing too. She also took about 10k and left home. Now they are looking for her. The matter has been reported at a police station and he has gone to the village to inform his family and continue the search.

I should again state here that this girl is his daughter who he is taking care of. The wife is the step-mother of the girl. According to him, he has never beaten her before. He can remember that his wife has flogged her twice of late over issues that were her fault and normal children and parents issues. The main one being an instruction they gave her to keep away from certain girls in their compound, which she keeps disobeying. She is a junior school student.

Now my question is this. What justification would a child have to attempt to wipe out her own family in one fell swoop. What if the chemical mixture was odourless? Many questions to ask here.

Thanks very much for your time, and have a great week ahead. May you live in interesting times, as the Chinese say.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by ikuku5914: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2017
the story get kayleg, they should ask the stepmother the real story. I sense maltreatment and child abuse

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by ifyalways(f): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2017
Is this fiction or a true life story undecided

Hard to believe this happened for real but if indeed it did, I just hope no one in that house is abusing the girl physically or sexually

This is too intense and extreme for a 14 years old.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Florblu(f): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2017
The step mother must have made life unbearable for the poor girl and she took to the advice being given to her by her friends.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2017
@ikuku5914 and @ifyalways, am shocked by this story as you are, but it is true. The dad is my colleague at the office. All of us his colleagues have pointed at child abuse, which he denied. Another colleague who usually visits them told me that the girl does not look abused at all and seemed incapable of carrying out such act until now. Another angle to it is the influence of bad friends. But whatever is contributory to her action, is it justifiable? As far as I am concerned, nobody thought this girl to do this. The wickedness just arose in her heart.

Once again, this story is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by babythug(f): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2017
Let's go easy on the stepmother! Sometimes teenagers misconstrue discipline to be wickedness and abuse. And we all know teenage years can be tough for both the teen and the parents!

Teenagers also tend to have wild and extreme ideas especially in this new age of technology and exposure to all manner of wiles all obey the world. The girl probably allowed her evil desires to get the better of her.

Hope she's found and can be counseled in the right direction.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by babythug(f): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2017
ifyalways:
Is this fiction or a true life story undecided

Hard to believe this happened for real but if indeed it did, I just hope no one in that house is abusing the girl physically or sexually

This is too intense and extreme for a 14 years old.

You'll be amazed at the extremes some teens would go!

I recall a few years back some teenage boys in the UK lured a toddler to a corner or was it train station and KILLED the poor child seemingly for the fun of it. Recently too a JsS1 boy here in Lagos attempted to poison a classmate of his because she seemed to be doing better than him academically!

So there you have it! We can only pray for wisdom to manage our children well at thier teen stage

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2017
babythug:

You'll be amazed at the extremes some teens would go!

I recall a few years back some teenage boys in the UK lured a toddler to a corner or was it train station and KILLED the poor child seemingly for the fun of it. Recently too a JsS1 boy here in Lagos attempted to poison a classmate of his because she seemed to be doing better than him academically!

So there you have it! We can only pray for wisdom to manage our children well at thier teen stage

On point @babythug. The one in which the 11 year old boy tried to poison his 12 year old classmate happened just last month in Lagos, just for beating him to the 1st position the previous term ooo. Haba mana!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
From the beginning of the story I knew a step-mother would be involved. Forget about what your colleagues said about his wife not abusing the girl, if the wife doesn't tell him, and the little girl doesn't report the step-mother to him how will he know if she was abused?, was he expecting his wife to ever admit abusing her step-daughter in anyway?, from the girl's actions one could tell she was fed-up with her step-mother and father who possibly swings into action upon hearing anything from his wife.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Franky826: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
sad

This sounds like a blend of nollywood and MTN network. no connection at all.

1.is the teenage daughter not at least close to her father to tell her of any abuse whatsoever if there be any from the step mum?

2. The 10k she took and left home did it fall on her?

3. with all the blend of chemical up there he be farmer?

4. girl must have been so daft to use such chemicals with strong smell in an attempt to obliterate her family members

5. if by any means this is true the father is guilty of neglect and step-mum guilty of abuse.

ok bye

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Benita27:
From the beginning of the story I knew a step-mother would be involved. Forget about what your colleagues said about his wife not abusing the girl, if the wife doesn't tell him, and the little girl doesn't report the step-mother to him how will he know if she was abused?, was he expecting his wife to ever admit abusing her step-daughter in anyway?, from the girl's actions one could tell she was fed-up with her step-mother and father who possibly swings into action upon hearing anything from his wife.

Easy, easy please, Benita. Hopefully, she would be found soon and be interviewed and counseled. But what could make a girl try to kill all her family at once. What happened to just taking money and running away from home as she did eventually?
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by NoToPile: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Its never easy to be a step mother sha, you can never do right, she's now the first suspect which I don't think is fair.

I hope somebody or a boy somewhere is not deceiving that girl, she wants to poision both step mother, father and her own blood brother? This one is strong.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Fadamant:

Easy, easy please, Benita. Hopefully, she would be found soon and be interviewed and counseled. But what could make a girl try to kill all her family at once. What happened to just taking money and running away from home as she did eventually?
That's why she's a child.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Tochex101(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
babythug:
Let's go easy on the stepmother! Sometimes teenagers misconstrue discipline to be wickedness and abuse. And we all know teenage years can be tough for both the teen and the parents!

Teenagers also tend to have wild and extreme ideas especially in this new age of technology and exposure to all manner of wiles all obey the world. The girl probably allowed her evil desires to get the better of her.

Hope she's found and can be counseled in the right direction.
There is nothing to counsel, we only live once. As the OP said, what if the poisons were odourless;an entirel family wiped off....... She has chosen her path, if I was the father I'll let her be and would never want anything to do with her.
Ever again!.........#btw bad friends destroy people.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by 7footre(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Peer pressure, influence of bad friends and a wicked step mom.

On a 2nd thought, add an unconcerned dad to the list
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by eyinjuege: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Some people have come to blame the step mother.

You all don't seem to realise the influence peers can have on children that age
It's the age they feel they know more then their parents, and correcting them means you hate them.
Don't be surprised she has packed to a man's house. The police should find out from her friends in the compound where she is.
Meanwhile, is her mother late?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2017
I am glad at the reponses this thread is generating. I hope to talk to the dad from the points raised.

@eyinjuege, the mom is not late, but she didn't grow up with her either. She lived with her uncle (the dad's elder brother) until finished elementary.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by eyinjuege: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Fadamant:
I am glad at the reponses this thread is generating. I hope to talk to the dad from the points raised.

@eyinjuege, the mom is not late, but she didn't grow up with her either. She lived with her uncle (the dad's elder brother) until finished elementary.

Hmmm....

I hope they find her soon.

She needs some psychotherapy or something.

For her to have put poison in the food for all her family members is worrying. Hope she's not a sociopath, she needs serious mental help, especially since she's still a minor.
She would eventually become a thorn in the flesh of her parents if something isn't done now...

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by martyinediaz: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2017
she's pouring chemicals into the soup. Is she trying to kill someone or just acting like an angry thoughtless child?
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Sterope(f): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2017
The step mother may be extremely mean to her or not she could construing all attempts to discipline her as extreme or unnecessary. Either way, she is seriously damaged.

Her father could get her into counselling and perhaps form a bond with her when she is found.

Fadamant:

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by joyAA(f): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2017
The teen-age is such a difficult stage, diff things happening and it always seems everyone is against you!

That said, I would like to think the girl is a spoilt brat! She never got beat until she became a teenager and you think she'll b fine with that?OYO is your case.

She obviously thinks you guys hate her...nothing worse than a confused, teenage female.
I would defend d step mom bcs according to d story, she disciplined d girl, the man's colleagues say she doesn't look abused ( not like men can judge these things easily) but at least she must have looked presentable

D man is soo negligent!! Your son told you your teenager has packed out, you're there thinking she went to fetch water? How? Sorry but how daft can u b not 2even b curious enuf 2 check up on her or call her that instant?.

He is the father--- its his attention she has been trying to get , not the stepmom, she prolly doesn't like d step mom or is indifferent to her, she doesn't feel connected to her, its her father she knows, if D's man had bn d man of d house and took time to be her father, D's wouldn't happen.

In addition to d stepmom flogging her, he should have also flogged or at least have a chat with her. I would preferred it if he had flogged her instead, d woman was doing his job and nobody will say she didn't do it. How many step moms wld even bother disciplining anoda woman's child? Especially when the father doesn't do it? And especially a disobedient, spoilt brat like her?

Let's look at it, the girl is 14 she has NEVER been flogged by daddy, daddy says she's been flogged only twice--by stepmom and it sounds recent so let's say d first beating was 1month ago, and d second was last week(it takes time to conceive and decide on a plan), teenager feels betrayed like "who are u to touch me when my own father never hit me?" Sees DT u r cool with it n concludes that u guys hate her, soooo she hates u back.

BT bcs derz d deeeeeep twisted mind of a spoilt teenage girl, she decides to commit murder n run.
That girl is spoilt and rotten, she had it in her all along, d situation made it worse n brought it out.

D's is why women should b allowed to raise deir daughters, which also has its disadvantages, bt at least...
What DT girl needed from childhood was attention and discipline. She had a lot bottled up inside no one knew-- d only ppl she felt she could b with, and talk to, you guyz told her to not associate with them! Then what should she do?

If u tell a child to stop doing A, at least suggest B to occupy d child!

When she is found, She needs a strong hand, counselling and love, this is d time to preach Christ to her if they haven't.

They need to act fast, quickly find her, and act now or else DT girl will turn into a criminal

Let them start by asking doz same girls

I suspect an irresponsible boy. Must b whispering stuff in her ears about love, giving her ATTN n stuff.

Don't worry, she will b found or come back to her senses and crawl back

It is well oooo

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
eyinjuege:

Hmmm....

I hope they find her soon.

She needs some psychotherapy or something.

For her to have put poison in the food for all her family members is worrying. Hope she's not a sociopath, she needs serious mental help, especially since she's still a minor.
She would eventually become a thorn in the flesh of her parents if something isn't done now...

Thanks very much, bro. I will bring this to the dad's attention.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks very much, @Sterope. I will make sure to get her dad go through this thread. I've been away from work for some days, but hope to return next week, God willing.

@joyAA, many many thanks. You were so detailed in your analysis of the situation. Your post will come handy when I talk to him. Thanks again.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by austine4real(m): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Things are happening. Oo

What is wrong wth our teenagers?

There's one also here that ran away since last month we've not seen nor heard anything from her.
Re: Why Would A Child Do This? by Fadamant: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
austine4real:
Things are happening. Oo

What is wrong wth our teenagers?

There's one also here that ran away since last month we've not seen nor heard anything from her.

Hmmm. My brother. No be small thing ooo. The kind of things these teenagers do these ehn! Pray, she returns home safely.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Accommodation At Magodo Phase 1!!! / HELP!!! Am Terribly Broke And Starving / OMG …. Meet The Old Man Who Has Kept His Hand Up For 59 Years See What He Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.