Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out (12142 Views)

JAMB 2019 Exam Area Of Concentration / Syllabus (online & PDF Download) / NOUN Students Forgive Those Who Discriminated Them,but Won't Tolerate Recurrence / IMSU Students Cries Out Due To Lack Of School Hostel(s). (2) (3) (4)

We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Tessyy1701: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
AN APPEAL TO NOUN EXAMINERS.

'AREA OF CONCENTRATION FOR EXAMS AS IN OTHER UNIVERSITIES'.

Noun management and lecturers(tutors) should please make the school worth passing through.why should a tertiary institution set exams without 'AREA of CONCENTRATION'?

Even the best 100 universities in the world have area of concentration for their internal exams. And I don't think any Nigerian university made it to the list with our harsh learning environment.

Besides,you don't expect a student to read a 250 to 300 pages of handout cover to cover with 12 courses to cover and seat for the exam afterwards.
Haba! That one na mental case follow!

Her sisters' universities with lecturers and daily classrooms write out this same 'course outline' to concentrate for exams.why is our own different in noun? We were once using past question papers as area of concentration, and as a probability for exams but all of a sudden we now see a different thing entirely.

Where did noun students go wrong to warrant this type of "I don't care exam settings"?
But I don't want to believe all this is because a carryover course so to speak brings #2500 extra into the school wallet or an extra year brings another compulsory fees to the school that's why the school doesn't give Area of concentration for exams.

On behalf of noun students nationwide,we plead with management to please look into this issue as the exam is ongoing..........................

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by fedrick4god(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
They are setting the standards that is obtainable in conventional universities,I if you ask student of lautech how market they will have something to say. My own advice is that we should learn how to develop reading culture that breath in us lifelong learning. For those who are used to reading heavily that's not a problem but for beginners it might be a daunting task.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 11, 2018
The management should do something ASAP......

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by KendrickAyomide: 7:10am On Mar 11, 2018
Agony of a Nigerian student

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Authoreety: 7:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by femi4: 7:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Awon olodo, you better start reading from cover to cover

36 Likes

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by mostyg(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Meaning? ¿
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Olukokosir(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Beta goan read. It's one tin for a lecturer to gv u AOC, it's anoda tin to set questions from it.

It apnd wen I was in 400L at AAUA, d lecturer gv us 8 AOC nd at d end, d exams questions were diff.

God bless Pure nd applied psychology Dept.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Donald3d(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2018
When you read well, you won't need it
What is wrong with reading cover to cover ?
Thats the little difference that distinguishes first class students from second class students .First class students don't leave any stone unturned.
Nigerians make una READ !!!.Knowledge won't kill you !!! Haba !

20 Likes

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Yankee101: 7:12am On Mar 11, 2018
The Nigerian Tertiary system is flawed. Most other Developed economies give you tests as you go. And your scores are actually mostly made up of tests that cover sections of your work as your progress in the semester including group work to encourage networking. Exams should be about 40% at most. You also get like 5% for attendance.

But we reverse it in Nigeria. Cram and write everything (70%) in one sitting. University education is meant to build character (punctuality, honesty), engender team work (via assignments, excursions), leadership (elections, organizing, sororities), practical applications (case studies, scientific practicals) and knowledge (testing and examination). So examination is just a little bit of what they hope to inculcate. Experts are not built with craming. Infact some tests/exams are open book because in real life your work requires using visual/electronic aids (internet, manuals, SOPs) etc.

Let's change this archaic approach to learning please.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 11, 2018
Just 300 pages per course. What are you complaining about? undecided Hearing this even makes me love the school.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by calberian: 7:13am On Mar 11, 2018
I wonder how this made it to front page.

You said in an earlier thread that NOUN is a serious school and that it's not a school for lazy students (and that you're one of the exemplary serious ones) blah, blah, blah. . .

Better goan pray in church for understanding and study as soon as you return.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by strangest(m): 7:14am On Mar 11, 2018
I am a NOUN student and am not complaining... lazy students will always whine

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by fatymore(f): 7:16am On Mar 11, 2018
Nooo we won't take it.. You have made us believed Noun students are extraordinary people... So you don't need area of concentration...
Plus not all schools give students area of concentration.. ...moreso the first two years exams are always objectives and German questions.... And you have past questions for the next 2yrs. Lols.. Read your books well.. Noun isn't for lazy student

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by nuelzy: 7:16am On Mar 11, 2018
And after all this suffering... Some go dey ride keke

... Tufiakwa!!!

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by KendrickAyomide: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2018
Donald3d:
When you read well you dont need it
What is wrong with reading cover to cover ?
Thats the little difference that distinguishes first class students from second class students .First class students don't leave any stone unturned.
Nigerians make una READ !!!.Knowledge won't kill you !!! Haba !
let's see your result, if you are Even a Student

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by vision2050: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2018
And some pigs, Will come here to type rubbish about noun. They have brain problem and their sense of reason is reprobate to forget that U.I, lautech and many other universities run dlc program, but at the mention of National Open University they gnashing teeth.
The school you go will not determine how successful you become.
Open university give the civil servants a platform to have education, which I think is a good ideal for career fulfilment.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Donald3d(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
let's see your result, if you are Even a Student
grin grin So because I said you people should read you are now asking for my result.I didn't brag about my self, besides showing you my result won't be of value to you sir .You would probably still say its fake if I show it to you, so there is no point.Work out your own salvation(Success) my oga .Happy sunday.God bless

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Donald3d(m): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2018
strangest:
I am a NOUN student and am not complaining... lazy students will always whine
I am telling you

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Donald3d(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2018
fedrick4god:
They are setting the standards that is obtainable in conventional universities,I if you ask student of lautech how market they will have something to say. My own advice is that we should learn how to develop reading culture that breath in us lifelong learning. For those who are used to reading heavily that's not a problem but for beginners it might be a daunting task.
GBAM !
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2018
Olodo everywhere. Ordinary book to read una dey complain... See all the stories you typed because you don't want to read. Smh

Always read, e no dey kill...

Anyway summarize your epistles pls, I don't have time to read that long story u wrote up there.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by RobinHez(m): 7:39am On Mar 11, 2018
AOC is sweet when the Lecturer uses it..
to be on the safer side, go jack everything you can o.. sad
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Tessyy1701: 7:42am On Mar 11, 2018
Mr reader so d little thing I wrote is what You U called an epistle that You can't read? I don't know why people will talk for talking sake

doctorkush:
Olodo everywhere. Ordinary book to read una dey complain... See all the stories you typed because you don't want to read. Smh

Always read, e no dey kill...

Anyway summarize your epistles pls, I don't have time to read that long story u wrote up there.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Xisnin(m): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Yankee101:
The Nigerian Tertiary system is flawed. Most other Developed economies give you tests as you go. And your scores are actually mostly made up of tests that cover sections of your work as your progress in the semester including group work to encourage networking. Exams should be about 40% at most. You also get like 5% for attendance.

But we reverse it in Nigeria. Cram and write everything (70%) in one sitting. University education is meant to build character (punctuality, honesty), engender team work (via assignments, excursions), leadership (elections, organizing, sororities), practical applications (case studies, scientific practicals) and knowledge (testing and examination). So examination is just a little bit of what they hope to inculcate. Experts are not built with craming. Infact some tests/exams are open book because in real life your work requires using visual/electronic aids (internet, manuals, SOPs) etc.

Let's change this archaic approach to learning please.

You don't know what you are talking about. This is the same system being used in the UK and China.
America is not the only developed country out there.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Xisnin(m): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2018
AOC is for advanced secondary schools.
Real tertiary institutions do not give AOC.

Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by jack00000: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2018
Donald3d:

grin grin So because I said you people should read you are now asking for my result.I didn't brag about my self, besides showing you my result won't be of value to you sir .You would probably still say its fake if I show it to you, so there is no point.Work out your own salvation(Success) my oga .Happy sunday.God bless
one of the best reply on NL, like ur maturity
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2018
Tessyy1701:
Mr reader so d little thing I wrote is what You U called an epistle that You can't read? I don't know why people will talk for talking sake

are you male or female before I reply you
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Captainbreezy(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2018
come and see if it's 300 pages per book
Re: We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 11, 2018
But this lecturers mean o, so they want them to read without area of concentration, that's like reading all chapters in the textbook grin.

How Possible Is It To Transfer From One Poly To Another / Stampede: EBSU Apologises To Students, Says The Incident Won't Happen Again / FG BEA SCHOLARSHIP Interview Venue And Date 2019/2020.