Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka (43793 Views)

Godswill Akpabio Has Been Defeated Finally / FINALLY BENUE DECIDES. Akume In His Zone Has Been Defeated / Boko Haram Insurgents Have Been Defeated In The North-east - Army Chief, Buratai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by tosyne2much(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Did you just call Uncle Wole that or you are doing one of those your jokes
It's just one of my jokes nah cheesy

BTW, how come you know that I joke over almost everything? cheesy
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Point of correction Prof,
It's not Biafra has not been defeated

But

Biafra can not be defeated.

This ideology is ingrained in the mind and souls of toddlers and babies unborn,
The cry for liberation echoes from the anthills of Nsugbe to the mountains of Ngwo,
The cry of injustice is heard from the lakes of Oguta to the beaches of Buguma.

Never again,
Never again shall we see the Hausa-Fulani and call him brother.
We are not genetically identical
We are not psychologically identical
We are not spiritually identical
Those are no brothers of ours,
At best, they are neighbors but not our brothers

Our brothers don't mate with animals
Our brothers don't marry underage girls
A neighbor is not a brother.

Our lands are ravaged,
Our resources are exploited,
Our tomorrow is raped,
Our hands are tied,
Our mouths are gagged
They've made us believe all we can do is mumur
We can't shout or fight because we are powerless.

But one day,
The sun will rise again,
Power will return to the people

Viva Biafra.

Most people see you from a sarcastic angle,while undermining your ability to reason intelligently and still convey wonderful messages to some dilussional and disoriented minds.BIAFRA IS LIFE nigeria is death!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Oboko4reala: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWR2Ifzgcyv/

Support this young lady by Watching and sharing this video.
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Mcowubaba: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Alexbrain:

It is really far from over. My father lost his elder brother to the war and himself nearly lost his life to sickness and hunger, thanks to the white Missionaries who flew him out for treatment. Nigeria has never apologized instead punishing us further with hunger and Buhari!
The whites really helped us.
Red cross saved my mother that time.
That's when Médecins_Sans_Frontières was established.
Doctors without Borders, it was because of the war.
Nigeria really did evil, to women and children

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Sambaby7640: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
All ye shouting biafra,one question i have for thee,are ye all ready to die?,because biafra cannot and can never be created with peace only through war.i repeat,only through war.GOODDAY.
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
It's just one of my jokes nah cheesy

BTW, how come you know that I joke over almost everything? cheesy
Because what you just typed now is a joke cheesy
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Joshmedia1: 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
wawappl:
''The war is not over, only the tactics have changed. One could claim that a project of internal secession is unfolding, one that skirts the peripheries of Nigerian laws, testing what they permit, and daring what they do not''. Prof is always on the side of Biafra

Did you read every word written up there before replying? grin grin cheesy
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Flamzey00(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wole Soyinka abeg focus on your Eiye confraternity and leave Biafra for us to battle wit. Your mate dey d oda room dey rest Nigga
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Alexbrain(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
I've never seen any right thinking person in support of Biafra. Only lunatics support it

Abeg na joke I dey joke ooo cheesy
This simply means you are mingling with the wrong crowd and lunatics like you said.

Na joke I dey too oh

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by JohnieWalker(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
maxiuc:
oga it wasn't a defeat bcus other countries join to fight one nation biafra

Come and try it now you think you will get the support you got back then

Biafra stand on a solid rock
Hahaha.... Oga answer the question.
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Stanleyville(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
nkwuocha:
smiley

This man is indeed a professor of books. Only that just like other intellects from the west sides, they support illiterates even over themselves. I don't understand why in the world in educated man will support and promote mediocre? I mean, it's unfortunate and preposterous.He talks big, but acts small. Typical undecided
are you not mad??!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
wawappl:
''The war is not over, only the tactics have changed. One could claim that a project of internal secession is unfolding, one that skirts the peripheries of Nigerian laws, testing what they permit, and daring what they do not''. Prof is always on the side of Biafra
yes

1 Like

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
yyes

1 Like

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Xkalaban(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Chai!!! One NijUrianist zombies won't like this @all o! shocked shocked shocked The highly intellectual Prof. has spoken the unbaised truth & it's not good for some ppl. Baba u have my utmost respect for always speaking ur mind even though ur in the midst of wolves in sheep skin. I dey tuale give u jare!!!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
ok

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by AngelicBeing: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
sukkot:
soyinka the ipod master.
Hian, Obadiah 777, you have started again, you better be on your way to Afghanistan and Iraq with the gospel of redemption, grace and mercy of my Father YAHWEH or else you will be flogged to obedience, time is far spent, put on sackcloth and ashes and get going, you have been warned several times tongue

1 Like

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by loverboy2000: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Ladies,
today i have for you some beautiful, Engraving and Ultra Amazing Aso Ebi Styles and Designs, these designs will wow you!
They are what you've never seen before! watch video below to see and do not forget as usual visit your tailor after watching them!!!!
see video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyPlLcVK2M
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by tosyne2much(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Because what you just typed now is a joke cheesy
It's true sha cheesy
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by hilroy: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Shameful Osus undecided

Last year when prof. said he will tear his green card and leave America if Donald Trump is elected as
American president these ingrates were abusing him and calling him all sorts of names, today he has become the most intelligent human being on the surface of earth because he said something positive about Biafra. They forget to remember that the only public figure that has been supporting Biafra from 1967 till date is prof. even their leader and founder Ojukwu denounced Biafra at a point. During the war when their founding father Azikiwe betrayed them and join Nigeria federal government, prof went to jail for their Biafra. Prominent Yoruba soldiers like Victor Banjo and Adegboyega gallantly led Biafra soldiers to fight Nigerian force without whom the war won't have lasted for 3 years. The likes of Tai Solarin, Soyinka and Fela were the ones that called the attention of international communities to the starvation of millions of Biafrans after their lord Ojukwu fled to Abidjan. What did Yorubas get from them with all these goodwill? Name calling, insults and bile filled hatred. Posterity will be the judge of these ungrateful souls

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Alexbrain(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mcowubaba:

The whites really helped us.
Red cross saved my mother that time.
That's when Médecins_Sans_Frontières was established.
Doctors without Borders, it was because of the war.
Nigerian really did evil, to women and children
Nigeria don't know that some wounds never heal they only stop bleeding!!! We were told about the atrocities they did to our forefathers right from birth and like religion we will never forget.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by origima: 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
The Igbos have to be careful with this motivations from yorubas or pay worst price than they paid between 1967 to 1970.Igbos are richer now than then and have much to loose today,be careful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
lionness:
Shameless useless Igbos, so the same Shoyinka you all ridiculed because he criticized your Messiah and Bloda GEJ is suddenly the same person you are quoting. The Biafran folks are desperately seeking for validating and appeal. If Biafra is something you truly believe in, you dont need to care what Trump, or the UN, or the same person you all abused and shamed during the GEJ's government think. Its a matter of time before a baboon is quoted as a staunch supporter and lover of Biafra. Hopeless and insincere cause sponsored by criminals who are afraid of been investigated after looting the GEJ administration into tandem. Kanu is definitely collecting his pay check from Ekweremandu, Ubah, Odua, Obi, and the likes. A silly puppet dancing to the tune of this pay master, and half of the entire SE youths cant see this fraud for his insincerity. Just please give them the Biafra, and see these people self-destruct like ticking timebomb in less than a decade.

One thing you fail to realize is that the Igbos have made up their minds to leave Nigeria for you guys.If you like,invoke amadioha or sango to fall on you and your generation,there's no turning back.

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
WS only stated obvious, Biafran is based on a brash and deadly foundation. It is a concept steep ed in blood, needless deaths on both side of the divide.Biafra has been further denatured and sullied with opportunistic upstart and mentally marauded morons. Biafra is concept and philosophy screwed up to self-stultify. Igbo's can give a pristine version of Biafra, one created with essentials replete with respect for others, respect for the rule of law, other dissenting views with rendition of cerebral superior arguments not lumpen laden travesty of intelligence been propagated by dim witted iPods. Are there no deep and robust intellectuals in Igbo nation that can take the gauntlet.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by loverboy2000: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Ladies,
today i have for you some beautiful, Engraving and Ultra Amazing Aso Ebi Styles and Designs, these designs will wow you!
They are what you've never seen before! watch video below to see and do not forget as usual visit your tailor after watching them!!!!
see video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyPlLcVK2M
Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by eagleeye2: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
Those who insist on the divine right of nation over a people’s choice seem unaware that they box themselves into the same doctrinaire mould of mere habit, just like religion. In the Nigerian instance, however, the matter is even more troubling. Since the absolutists of nation indivisibility are not ignorant of the histories of other nations
True words. And this is what the "one Nigerianists" fail to understand.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Guestlander: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
origima:
The Igbos have to be careful with this motivations from yorubas or pay worst price than they paid between 1967 to 1970.Igbos are richer now than then and have much to loose today,be careful

I agree with you. Wole Soyinka should mind what he says lest someone declare war saying Soyinka encouraged him to secede.
The papa Awo speech to the western house assembly was the reason they declared the last one. We don't want another "Yoruba told us to do it" story.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by SirChime(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
dolphinife:

So what happened in 1970?
Knocked down but never DEFEATED.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
RisingSun1:
Who can stop the sun from rising from the EAST?
No body @all!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by ipob1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
lionness:
Shameless useless Igbos, so the same Shoyinka you all ridiculed because he criticized your Messiah and Bloda GEJ is suddenly the same person you are quoting. The Biafran folks are desperately seeking for validating and appeal. If Biafra is something you truly believe in, you dont need to care what Trump, or the UN, or the same person you all abused and shamed during the GEJ's government think. Its a matter of time before a baboon is quoted as a staunch supporter and lover of Biafra. Hopeless and insincere cause sponsored by criminals who are afraid of been investigated after looting the GEJ administration into tandem. Kanu is definitely collecting his pay check from Ekweremandu, Ubah, Odua, Obi, and the likes. A silly puppet dancing to the tune of this pay master, and half of the entire SE youths cant see this fraud for his insincerity. Just please give them the Biafra, and see these people self-destruct like ticking timebomb in less than a decade.
see rants the tin pain u die

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka by Kratos3364(m): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
nkwuocha:
smiley

This man is indeed a professor of books. Only that just like other intellects from the west sides, they support illiterates even over themselves. I don't understand why in the world in educated man will support and promote mediocre? I mean, it's unfortunate and preposterous.He talks big, but acts small. Typical undecided
he's 82 years old, if you were his age, in all honesty, how else would you act ?, he has done enough, he has tried! You can go ahead and lead at the front line, you seem young.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Slaughters Ram, Observes Eid El-kabir Prayers With His Staff / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC / Wike & Friends Celebrate Real Madrid's UCL Victory In Spain. See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.