Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) (501 Views)

Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
The conference recommended that there would no longer be any sponsorship of Christian and Muslim pilgrimages to the holy lands.

It also resolved that churches and mosques should begin to pay tax to government

SOURCE: ThisDay, The Sunday Newspaper.
Re: RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

The conference recommended that there would no longer be any sponsorship of Christian and Muslim pilgrimages to the holy lands.

It also resolved that churches and mosques should begin to pay tax to government

SOURCE: ThisDay, The Sunday Newspaper.

Payment of tax amount to double taxation. Introduction of tax system in Nigeria will only worsen the situation we're in no matter the justification for it. If they're taxed,their members which are part of the populace will suffer for it
Re: RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Payment of tax amount to double taxation. Introduction of tax system in Nigeria will only worsen the situation we're in no matter the justification for it. If they're taxed,their members which are part of the populace will suffer for it
I'm only bemused by their reckless idea by including religion sect on the payment of tax.

I'm a christian and I'm concerned for the church of Christ. Imagine? I heard it the fault of the pastors or religious leaders of this day and age. They turned the House of God to a house of professional business and thieves corrupting the house of God.
Re: RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) by Agimor(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
So because churches are making cool cash they should start paying taxes abi? The once collected from other institutions how as it reflects the lives of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: RELIGION: Enforcement Of Tax Payments(report) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
I'm only bemused by their reckless idea by including religion sect on the payment of tax.

I'm a christian and I'm concerned for the church of Christ. Imagine? I heard it the fault of the pastors or religious leaders of this day and age. They turned the House of God to a house of professional business and thieves corrupting the house of God.
We're in the last days so anything happening in the church shouldn't be new

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Re: Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 04/08/2017) Come Ye Apart Ii / Jesus Rebukes Muhammad (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.