Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,237 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation (2103 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation by cococandy(f): 12:30am On Jul 25, 2017
Nigerian extended family members can so make you feel like you owe them things they wouldn't even do for you at the point of death. Smh

I wouldn't give him my money if I were you.
Yes I'm mean.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation by Martin0(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2017
cococandy:
Nigerian extended family members can so make you feel like you owe them things they wouldn't even do for you at the point of death. Smh

I wouldn't give him my money if I were you.
Yes I'm mean.
why are you alway's generalizing
Re: How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation by PDPGuy: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2017
If I were you, I wouldn't help his kids. They go to their other relatives for help, after all, you are not their father.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation by sistaj: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
Life is very deep .It is good you are helping the innocent children but make sure you let them know of your encounter with their father.If possible when the father is seated right there.This is because blood is thicker than water and they may have that their father's trait so letting them know is very good so in case they possess the ugly trait,when they become successful in future they will do their best to supress it and be forthcoming to others when they remember what you did for them despite your own experience with their own father. As for the man he will never change for having the audacity to call whenever you help the wife to ask for his own too instead of being thankful and blessing you.Imagine introducing his sons asking them to come to you for their needs.If he is a good remorseful man he will seek his daughters' forgiveness and I can bet they will forgive him because of Oedipus complex (girls having a soft spot and special bond with their father).You have been very noble in your actions and I do not think he deserves further help.You are already catering to 3 members of his family.Ask him to make peace with his daughter's lest the burden becomes too much on you.If he eventually makes peace with them,he will have you to thank and then maybe if he remains Oliver Twist you can then give him cash once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This My Father's Relation by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
eyinjuege:
Don't give him a dime of your money.
Rather, if you can , help his children.
The man is an ungrateful person, who has a serious sense of entitlement.
You can help his children because they are another generation, and hopefully won't turn out to be like their father. As per their dad, his case is irredeemable. Don't waste your time on him.
He's not even responsible towards his own children, and any money you give to him will still be squandered.
By helping his children, you are helping him.

While at it, call his children one day and tell them the story of what their father did to you. They will also learn from it. Tell them to ask him, and confirm if its a lie or not.
History needs to be preserved atimes.
The man might have been telling the children that he trained you, meanwhile it's all lies. Let them know the help you're rendering is not because you owe their father anything, but rather because you don't want to watch them suffer, as you did to finish school.
Well said ma'am. Kennybabs, follow this advice. Don't give him a dime, you are already doing so much by helping his sons and wife. He on the other hand doesn't deserve a penny of your hard earned money. Remind him that he isn't a close relative to your father like he once said in the year 2004 so he doesn't deserve a penny of your money. Some people be feeling entitled over someone else's money. Rada Rada!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Court: His Manhood Is Too Small For Me – Wife / What If Your Partner Insists On Fertility Test Before Wedding? / Help: A Friend Committed adulteryThis Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.