Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat (40687 Views)

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Nigerians React To Mikel Obi Playing Argentina Despite Hearing His Dad's Kidnap / Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife, Amara At Arsenal Stadium For Wenger's Farewell Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by Ruler2: 5:17am On Jul 11, 2017
holatin:
thank God his wife is not an heavy sleeper like my ex. mehn she once fell asleep in the bathtub. thank God for paranoia, I for go prison for manslaughter cus wetin people go talk be say. ehya na Im boyfriend drown am
Lmaooo....
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by 2n2k(m): 5:30am On Jul 11, 2017
7Alexander:
OP, this your story is just bunkum. How can Kanu who was born in 1976, that means 20 years in 1996 be laying 3 kids in bed in 1996?

He also got married in 2004, which wife again was he in bed with in 1996?

You said his wife is 30, is it 30 years in 1996 or 30 years now?

This story is about his second heart operation that he had in February 2014. The first one was in November 1996.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by Henryobayu: 5:42am On Jul 11, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by obindomanya(m): 5:44am On Jul 11, 2017
kenzysmith:
shut up oluwa save your life not your wife
with the help of the wife! The Lords works with/through 'men'
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by obindomanya(m): 5:46am On Jul 11, 2017
2n2k:

This story is about his second heart operation that he had in February 2014. The first one was in November 1996.
People dont just read again. I bet he/she didnt read the write-up in d 1st place

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 11, 2017
yea right! he was able to get his heart check quickly because he can afford to, if he wasn't Rich he probably would ve waited until he can find the money for hospital bills, only poor people die of illnesses Rich folks get the best hospital care, live comfortably, are less stressed and depressed, not worried about rent, bills, food, school fees and clothes for their children. so they live longer.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by hyconcept(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2017
neky2016:
Nigeria's top professional athlete, Kanu Nwankwo who first had an open-heart surgery in 1996 after a routine medical examination at Inter Milan revealed a heart valve defect,  has recounted how his wife Amara saved his life and then nursed him back to health. 

According to him, they had just put their three children to bed, and retired to their own room. However, the Arsenal legend's hammering heartbeat kept Amara awake.

She recalls: “His heartbeat sounded much louder than normal. I was listening to his chest and it sounded odd.” 

Amara, 30, couldn’t shake the niggling feeling that was something wasn’t quite right and insisted her husband get it checked immediately. 

Kanu, now 40, says: “She was saying I should go for a check-up so I took her advice.” And Amara was proved right because experts told him there was further damage to his heart and he urgently needed a second operation. 

“It was the same faulty valve,” she says. “It was like a ticking time bomb. It’s just one of those things we were lucky to find out.” Not only did she save his life, Amara also nursed him back to health. 

According to DailyMail, Kanu concluded by saying: “Now I know that being fit and strong doesn’t make your heart 100%.” 

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/kanu-nwankwo-recounts-wife-saved-life-hearing-heartbeat.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by hyconcept(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2017
: “His heartbeat sounded much louder than normal. I was listening to his heart.....

Very observant wife

Lalasticlala[/quote]
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by vickydevoka(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2017
NollywoodNews24:
Some woman can sometimes be a hero. While some can save a life, some can destroy the world..... We are damn so powerful
who give una power
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by victorazy(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2017
NollywoodNews24:
Some woman can sometimes be a hero. While some can save a life, some can destroy the world..... We are damn so powerful

Some women can be heroes
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by chigo003(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2017
Amara 30 years now but with 3 children in 1996! Hmm. I am not understanding ooo! 1996 is 21 years ago
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by iamrealdeji(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Is the allegation even true?
I was wondering too o,I never heard of such about Kanu. I just wonder why some people just sit down and cook up lies to gain stupid attention
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by holatin(m): 6:59am On Jul 11, 2017
SmartMugu:
Oh wow. Did this happen in Nigeria?
yeah lag to be precise
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by UltraSphinx(m): 7:04am On Jul 11, 2017
holatin:
thank God his wife is not an heavy sleeper like my ex. mehn she once fell asleep in the bathtub. thank God for paranoia, I for go prison for manslaughter cus wetin people go talk be say. ehya na Im boyfriend drown am
Bros how far na.... this one huge o
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by holatin(m): 7:06am On Jul 11, 2017
UltraSphinx:
Bros how far na.... this one huge o
lo be small thing my bloda
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by olumide880: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
nice 1
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by sexaddict08(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2017
holatin:

maybe you were dating an ogbanje or maami water...she went to meeting right there.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by holatin(m): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2017
sexaddict08:

maybe you were dating an ogbanje or maami water...she went to meeting right there.
hmmmm never though so until now. though her sleeping no be here
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Athletes are not regular fit people. They overexert and it's just as bad
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by humblenature: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2017
BEND DOWN SELECT AND MAKE YOUR CHOICE O..

11TH..EUROPE PARTIZAN VS BUDCONOST ..... (1-0)1H 1.50 ODDS

11TH ICELAND KEFLAVIC VS KOPAVOGUR ........ 1 1.44 ODDS

12TH EUROPE U 19 ENGLAND VS CECH ........ 1 1.60 ODDS

12TH EUROPE INTER BAKU VS FOLA ...... 1 1.42 ODDS

12TH EUROPE MALMO VS VADAR SKOPJE.. ......1 1.30 ODDS

13TH BRAZIL FLAMENGO VS GREMIO ......... 1 2.0 ODDS

14TH IRELAND FINHARPS HS BOHEMEANS. .. 1XU4.5 1.50 ODDS

14TH IRELAND SHELBORNE VS WEXFORD 1.. 1.60 ODDS

15TH DENMARK COPENHAGEN VS AALBORG 1 . 1.40 ODDS
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by Collyno82(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2017
NollywoodNews24:
where do u belong; savers or destroyers
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by sleuthhound: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2017
cococandy:
Yet he was cheating on her
u ve started again! Where did u hear/see dat
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by phoenix480(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks for clarification. I was also confused on the timelines.

2n2k:

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by NkayTiana(f): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2017
I must agree with you on this.... seriously, the resemblance is there
Ighoga898:
kanu's wife looks exactly like the lady that acts Jane the virgin.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by sleuthhound: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2017
7Alexander:
OP, this your story is just bunkum. How can Kanu who was born in 1976, that means 20 years in 1996 be laying 3 kids in bed in 1996?

He also got married in 2004, which wife again was he in bed with in 1996?

You said his wife is 30, is it 30 years in 1996 or 30 years now?

"And Amara was proved
right because experts told him there was further
damage to his heart and he urgently needed a second operation"
2nd surgery bro!
1st surgery in 1996.
U see d reason why u need to read statements carefully.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by misspineapple(f): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2017
Ighoga898:

the unpredictability of the show is what makes me like it.
What season re u now.
3..After Micheal died nd Rapheal came out of prison..lost interest in it after i found out Rapael startd shagn petra again nt Jane
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by ore1uk: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks Amara for taking Good care of our man Papilo
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Recounts How His Wife Saved His Life After Hearing His Heartbeat by pressy09: 10:10am On Jul 11, 2017
I find this also interesting http://www.dailyfamily.ng/dont-let-jealousy-destroy-marriage/
neky2016:
Nigeria's top professional athlete, Kanu Nwankwo who first had an open-heart surgery in 1996 after a routine medical examination at Inter Milan revealed a heart valve defect,  has recounted how his wife Amara saved his life and then nursed him back to health. 

According to him, they had just put their three children to bed, and retired to their own room. However, the Arsenal legend's hammering heartbeat kept Amara awake.

She recalls: “His heartbeat sounded much louder than normal. I was listening to his chest and it sounded odd.” 

Amara, 30, couldn’t shake the niggling feeling that was something wasn’t quite right and insisted her husband get it checked immediately. 

Kanu, now 40, says: “She was saying I should go for a check-up so I took her advice.” And Amara was proved right because experts told him there was further damage to his heart and he urgently needed a second operation. 

“It was the same faulty valve,” she says. “It was like a ticking time bomb. It’s just one of those things we were lucky to find out.” Not only did she save his life, Amara also nursed him back to health. 

According to DailyMail, Kanu concluded by saying: “Now I know that being fit and strong doesn’t make your heart 100%.” 

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/kanu-nwankwo-recounts-wife-saved-life-hearing-heartbeat.html

Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NFF Releases Super Eagles 23 Man List For 2019 AFCON / Neymar's Son Tries The Bottle Challenge With A Nutella Bottle / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores As Juventus Win Italian Super Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.