Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Jumia Wahala - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Wahala (983 Views)

DOUBLE WAHALA: On Top Fuel Palava, A Bank Shuts Out ATM Customers In Lagos-pic / NBC Launches Youth Empowered Wahala / FIVERR - Phone Verification Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Wahala by melayemi: 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
I ordered 2 packages on Jumia,a PlayStation4 console and one Blender, I usually pay on delivery but on this occasion it wasn't listed I think because it was over 100k for both items,I asked my friend if I can use his Atm for payment and he obliged,the said amount was debited and he got an alert on his phone and I thanked him to pay him back his money tomorrow,but after like 30 minutes I picked up my phone and I noticed I got a mail and it was from Jumia saying the order failed and my friend is yet to credited,I have sent a mail to them and I will try calling there hotline tomorrow.Has anyone been in my shoes in the past ? if Yes please comment,will keep all Nlanders update when I call them tomorrow

Re: Jumia Wahala by sleeknick: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
U go chop rice?

1 Like

Re: Jumia Wahala by dominique(f): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2017
I had a similar encounter with them last year. The person I ordered for had already sent the money to my account only for the order to fail. I called to complain and they promised me that the refund will be sent to me within five working days. I had to use my money to carry out another order instead of delaying my client while waiting for refund. five working days turned to ten, turned to over twenty sef. There was hardly a day I didn't call them or sent mails. Exactly a month and a week later, I was eventually refunded.

You will still get the refund, just be ready to burn credit and data on calls and emails.
Re: Jumia Wahala by melayemi: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks so much Dominique I just hope my friend informs me when he gets the refund
Re: Jumia Wahala by dominique(f): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
melayemi:
Thanks so much Dominiqu.e I just hope my friend informs me when he gets the refund

You're welcome. Lest I forget, you may have to fill a refund form which involves sensitive account and card details. Since the money was not sent from your account, your friend has to be on ground to provide the details. Hope you've called them?
Re: Jumia Wahala by melayemi: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yeah he's aware ,thanks
Re: Jumia Wahala by melayemi: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
dominique:

You're welcome. Lest I forget, you may have to fill a refund form which involves sensitive account and card details. Since the money was not sent from your account, your friend has to be on ground to provide the details. Hope you've called them?

I called he customer they said it will be refunded after 24 hours
Re: Jumia Wahala by dominique(f): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
melayemi:

I called he customer they said it will be refunded after 24 hours

Ok, fingers crossed
Re: Jumia Wahala by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
melayemi:
I ordered 2 packages on Jumia,a PlayStation4 console and one Blender, I usually pay on delivery but on this occasion it wasn't listed I think because it was over 100k for both items,I asked my friend if I can use his Atm for payment and he obliged,the said amount was debited and he got an alert on his phone and I thanked him to pay him back his money tomorrow,but after like 30 minutes I picked up my phone and I noticed I got a mail and it was from Jumia saying the order failed and my friend is yet to credited,I have sent a mail to them and I will try calling there hotline tomorrow.Has anyone been in my shoes in the past ? if Yes please comment,will keep all Nlanders update when I call them tomorrow
Next time, let me help you do the order, you will only pay at delivery. Whether 100k or above, it most times depends on the seller, I still ordered a phone of almost 300k for someone who paid after it was delivered to his home, contact me for your orders on Jumia, thanks.
Re: Jumia Wahala by melayemi: 12:09am On Jul 24, 2017
Jumia finally returned my cash #Trusted
And a special Thanks to everyone that helped me out when I was tensed ���������

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can I Start For My Mum With 1million Naira? / DSTV In Trouble As TSTV Takes Center Stage On 1st October, Offer Pay-as-go Subsc / Why Do You Use A Personal Account For Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.