Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos (1377 Views)

Geoffery Onyeama: Why Foreigners Are Leaving Nigeria Over COVID-19 / How Will Igbo Not Lose If Nigeria Is Restructured? / Dont Let Illiterate Nnamdi Kanu Deceive You,igbo's Not From Jews! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by sarrki(m): 3:54am On Jul 11, 2017
The Lagos Chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural group in Nigeria has said the Igbo would not leave Nigeria, even as they reiterated that fact that Nigeria would not disintegrate.

Similarly, it has inaugurated Colonel Reuben Nwako (rtd) as the Chairman of Ohanaeze Ikorodu Division and presented him and other traditional leaders in the area to His Royal Majesty, Oba Adewale Shotobi ,Adegorushen V, the Ayangburen of Ikorodu and his Cabinet members, for recognition.

Speaking at the Oba’s Palace recently, President of Ohanaeze, Dr. Domferguson Okoli who went with Eze Ndigbo of Lagos state, Eze Christian Uchechukwu Nwachukwu and the executives of Ohanaeze, the Youth Leaders, Market and Women Leaders, elders and opinion leaders of the body, said they want to adopt the Ikorodu Palace among all the Palaces in the state as their number one because they rarely hear that people were killed in the cause of fighting for the throne or were in the court fighting for the throne.

According to DomFerguson, Colonel Nwako would help to put Ndigbo in the area together and work with the people for the peace and progress of the area.

He told the Oba to feel free to send any Igbo man or woman on an errand, adding that they are at the Oba’s beck and call and would serve his kingdom as he has done well for Ndigbo in his area.

Ferguson said the only way Nigeria would move forward was when the Igbo and the Yoruba come together to build the country. He told the Oba not to be moved by the noise about disintegration, adding that with the kind of infrastructural and economic developments coming to Ikorodu, it would be impossible for Ndigbo to leave the area.

“Kabiyesi mark my word, the problem that we are having is not the Hausa Fulani but the unity of Igbo and the Yoruba. Once they agree to work and unite together, it shall be well for this country. The entire Africa is looking up to the Igbo and the Yoruba. That is why people like you are going to work round the clock to make it happen. Nigeria shall be one, we shall not disintegrate, and we shall work together.”

He said the Igbo are now adopting the good aspect of the Yoruba culture among them is the inclusion of the female children in the sharing of their father’s properties.

“The female children now have a say and fortunately for us, Supreme Court nullified what we call the Ori -Ekpe tradition early this year that the girl child should be entitled to her father’s properties. Whether the man is alive or dead, she must be considered. This is what we are carrying home from the Yoruba land to the Igbo land and it is working.”

Also speaking, Eze Ndigbo, Lagos state, Eze Nwachukwu who appreciated the Oba for receiving them well and granting them audience, said Ndigbo established a relationship with the Yoruba since 1999 when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was voted into power and granted the Igbo all the requests they made.

Eze Nwachukwu said Ndigbo have been going round all the local governments in the state to install their leaders, adding that the reason was not to challenge the Royal Fathers in the state but because they discovered that the Igbo people are losing their language, culture and tradition and that was why Ohanaeze have decided that Igbo culture would not be lost, therefore, wherever they go, they raise traditional leaders to teach their children their tradition, language, food and culture.

He described Colonel Nwako as a good and honest man. “He is a man that has helped us to fight problems; anywhere we have problems he comes to help us fight it. He is a man who takes one’s problem to be his problem. And that was what made us to request him to come to our assistance in making sure that we come and see you, Kabiyesi so that we will be in the same page with you. So that anywhere we have any issue, when we beckon on him, he will do the needful.’’

He appreciated the governor of the state, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode and Bola Ahmed Tinubu, promising that Ndigbo would continue to be law abiding citizens in the state.

Oba Adewale while responding said he was happy about their visit because a tree cannot make a forest. He added that when Nwako’s name was mentioned to him he said ‘yes, they have the right peg in the right hole.

“I quickly said to myself that you have gotten me what I have been looking for. From today, he is a Chief in Ikorodu. I give him and his wife; Chief Omobowale and Yeye Omobowale of Ikorodu Kingdom.”

The Oba who said Ohanaeze has won his heart for giving him Nwako to work with said , he was happy with the Igbo in Ikorodu because the issue of Badoo that the area was facing, no single Igbo person have been mentioned of being involved.

“Once we have a misunderstanding, we should sit round the table and discuss it. I am so glad that the issue of Badoo that we have in Ikorodu , no single Igbo man have been mentioned which means you are living a good life in Ikorodu and your people are law abiding here. All I know is that, all the most expensive shops in Ikorodu and the good business, it is the Igbo man that is taking them. Nobody has ever mentioned your people as bad people in Ikorodu. “

He said those asking for disintegration are selfish because Nnamdi Azikiwe, Odimegwu Ojukwu and others, their fights were not for disintegration but for the country to have a unity of purpose.

On his part, Chief Nwako, expressed his delight for wearing double caps, one as the Chairman of Ohanaeze Ikorodu Division and the other, as Chief Omobowale of Ikorodu.

“I am elated and conscious of the fact that for such double caps, it is double responsibility but I thank God for today.”

He said Ohanaeze has come to stay and advised all other Igbo organisations that are not Ohanaeze to melt into Ohanaeze for Ndigbo to build a formidable force and have one voice rather than been separated.

He advised all Ndigbo in Ikorodu to remain peaceful citizens, adding that when the tongue and the teeth quarrel, they still coexist.

http://sunnewsonline.com/quit-notice-igbo-not-leaving-nigeria-ohanaeze-lagos/
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by DickDastardly2(m): 4:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Markfemi2: 4:15am On Jul 11, 2017
This time around Biafra was defeated by Igbo leaders

3 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by sarrki(m): 4:41am On Jul 11, 2017
sarrki:
The Lagos Chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural group in Nigeria has said the Igbo would not leave Nigeria, even as they reiterated that fact that Nigeria would not disintegrate.

Similarly, it has inaugurated Colonel Reuben Nwako (rtd) as the Chairman of Ohanaeze Ikorodu Division and presented him and other traditional leaders in the area to His Royal Majesty, Oba Adewale Shotobi ,Adegorushen V, the Ayangburen of Ikorodu and his Cabinet members, for recognition.

Speaking at the Oba’s Palace recently, President of Ohanaeze, Dr. Domferguson Okoli who went with Eze Ndigbo of Lagos state, Eze Christian Uchechukwu Nwachukwu and the executives of Ohanaeze, the Youth Leaders, Market and Women Leaders, elders and opinion leaders of the body, said they want to adopt the Ikorodu Palace among all the Palaces in the state as their number one because they rarely hear that people were killed in the cause of fighting for the throne or were in the court fighting for the throne.

According to DomFerguson, Colonel Nwako would help to put Ndigbo in the area together and work with the people for the peace and progress of the area.

He told the Oba to feel free to send any Igbo man or woman on an errand, adding that they are at the Oba’s beck and call and would serve his kingdom as he has done well for Ndigbo in his area.

Ferguson said the only way Nigeria would move forward was when the Igbo and the Yoruba come together to build the country. He told the Oba not to be moved by the noise about disintegration, adding that with the kind of infrastructural and economic developments coming to Ikorodu, it would be impossible for Ndigbo to leave the area.

“Kabiyesi mark my word, the problem that we are having is not the Hausa Fulani but the unity of Igbo and the Yoruba. Once they agree to work and unite together, it shall be well for this country. The entire Africa is looking up to the Igbo and the Yoruba. That is why people like you are going to work round the clock to make it happen. Nigeria shall be one, we shall not disintegrate, and we shall work together.”

He said the Igbo are now adopting the good aspect of the Yoruba culture among them is the inclusion of the female children in the sharing of their father’s properties.

“The female children now have a say and fortunately for us, Supreme Court nullified what we call the Ori -Ekpe tradition early this year that the girl child should be entitled to her father’s properties. Whether the man is alive or dead, she must be considered. This is what we are carrying home from the Yoruba land to the Igbo land and it is working.”

Also speaking, Eze Ndigbo, Lagos state, Eze Nwachukwu who appreciated the Oba for receiving them well and granting them audience, said Ndigbo established a relationship with the Yoruba since 1999 when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was voted into power and granted the Igbo all the requests they made.

Eze Nwachukwu said Ndigbo have been going round all the local governments in the state to install their leaders, adding that the reason was not to challenge the Royal Fathers in the state but because they discovered that the Igbo people are losing their language, culture and tradition and that was why Ohanaeze have decided that Igbo culture would not be lost, therefore, wherever they go, they raise traditional leaders to teach their children their tradition, language, food and culture.

He described Colonel Nwako as a good and honest man. “He is a man that has helped us to fight problems; anywhere we have problems he comes to help us fight it. He is a man who takes one’s problem to be his problem. And that was what made us to request him to come to our assistance in making sure that we come and see you, Kabiyesi so that we will be in the same page with you. So that anywhere we have any issue, when we beckon on him, he will do the needful.’’

He appreciated the governor of the state, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode and Bola Ahmed Tinubu, promising that Ndigbo would continue to be law abiding citizens in the state.

Oba Adewale while responding said he was happy about their visit because a tree cannot make a forest. He added that when Nwako’s name was mentioned to him he said ‘yes, they have the right peg in the right hole.

“I quickly said to myself that you have gotten me what I have been looking for. From today, he is a Chief in Ikorodu. I give him and his wife; Chief Omobowale and Yeye Omobowale of Ikorodu Kingdom.”

The Oba who said Ohanaeze has won his heart for giving him Nwako to work with said , he was happy with the Igbo in Ikorodu because the issue of Badoo that the area was facing, no single Igbo person have been mentioned of being involved.

“Once we have a misunderstanding, we should sit round the table and discuss it. I am so glad that the issue of Badoo that we have in Ikorodu , no single Igbo man have been mentioned which means you are living a good life in Ikorodu and your people are law abiding here. All I know is that, all the most expensive shops in Ikorodu and the good business, it is the Igbo man that is taking them. Nobody has ever mentioned your people as bad people in Ikorodu. “

He said those asking for disintegration are selfish because Nnamdi Azikiwe, Odimegwu Ojukwu and others, their fights were not for disintegration but for the country to have a unity of purpose.

On his part, Chief Nwako, expressed his delight for wearing double caps, one as the Chairman of Ohanaeze Ikorodu Division and the other, as Chief Omobowale of Ikorodu.

“I am elated and conscious of the fact that for such double caps, it is double responsibility but I thank God for today.”

He said Ohanaeze has come to stay and advised all other Igbo organisations that are not Ohanaeze to melt into Ohanaeze for Ndigbo to build a formidable force and have one voice rather than been separated.

He advised all Ndigbo in Ikorodu to remain peaceful citizens, adding that when the tongue and the teeth quarrel, they still coexist.

http://sunnewsonline.com/quit-notice-igbo-not-leaving-nigeria-ohanaeze-lagos/

Online agitators and supporters key into the bolded
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Ekealterego: 4:41am On Jul 11, 2017
Mr Sarrki!!! Why are you more concerned about the problems of the Igbos than the Igbos themselves??
Yet, you will not bait an eyelid to degenerate them??
Why? I don't understand your logic, why is their issue causing you sleepless night?
Okay about the issue on ground, read carefully:
Before the advent of the British into what we now know as Nigeria, the Igbos have been practising their version of democracy, meaning that the people had a mind of their own, most never depended on a bunch of self serving elders to dictate their destiny or yield to their biddings. If the Igbos in general wants self determination, self determination they will get. The floodgates of event that will come in months to come will sweep the ohanaeze off their stools. Just watch out!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by sarrki(m): 5:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Ekealterego:
Mr Sarrki!!! Why are you more concerned about the problems of the Igbos than the Igbos themselves??
Why? I don't understand your logic, why is their issue causing you sleepless night?
Before the advent of the British into what we now know as Nigeria, the Igbos have been practising their version of democracy, meaning that the people had a mind of their own, most never depended on a bunch of self serving elders to dictate their destiny or yield to their biddings. If the Igbos in general wants self determination, self determination they will get. The floodgates of event that will come in months to come will sweep the ohanaeze off their stools. Just watch out!!

You got it wrong brother

Igbo's are my people my brother, sisters and elderly ones .

What I detest is Igbos and the criminal leader called Mazi kuje

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by madridguy(m): 5:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by franchizy(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2017
The true igbo leaders have spoken not the criminal and terorist kanu and his useless Ipob followers who have brainwashed.

Kanu must be jailed fir life and thought a lesson.

Igbos will weep and sorrow as there days are numbered.

We the educated igbo elites believe in one Nigeria as biafra is dead, buried and decayed.

God bless Ohaneze for rising up to their voices.
God bless our SE governors.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by conductor12: 5:47am On Jul 11, 2017
[s]
sarrki:

You got it wrong brother

[/s]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by omenka(m): 5:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Mtscheew.

Next.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by raker300: 5:59am On Jul 11, 2017
sarrki:

Online agitators and supporters key into the bolded
you had to quote the entire topic only to type this rubbish?

Mr. Man, I don't know what to say to you
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by raker300: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2017
Ohaneze don receive alert

They don change mouth

Meanwhile, who's suffering from the war today?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Pavore9: 6:04am On Jul 11, 2017
"He said the Igbo are now adopting the good aspect of the Yoruba culture among them is the inclusion of the female children in the sharing of their father’s properties."
.....I see nothing wrong in Igbo men including their daughters in the sharing of properties that is outside their ancestral home.

The plots of land in Ojota we bought way back in the 70's, was from the share the Yoruba woman inherited from her father.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by raker300: 6:05am On Jul 11, 2017
sarrki:

You got it wrong brother

igbos are Ipob. Ipob are igbos.

Don't separate anyone

I thought igbos were your problem before? Now it's Ipob?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by raker300: 6:09am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:
we're not concerned over a few paid off men..the people have spoken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by MediumStout(m): 6:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Shameless Unity beggars. Yet they want biafra. Confused people

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by madone: 6:17am On Jul 11, 2017
People that have investment in Nigeria are finally speaking up. This iPob nonsense boys dont know what it means to leave your mansion ,company,church building and congregation in Nigeria and go back to Biafra ...mtcheeeew they re just talking sh..it.go back to Biafra and become poor or what. Their brothers that ran back to the east from the north becos of boko haram how many have they helped ? Those men left their business in the north and ran back to their Village. Some have died others are soo hopeless now. Now one stupid mazi kanu claiming Jew is calling people back for Biafra ...for what now.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Yyeske(m): 6:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Ekealterego:
Oya, go and get your self determination na. The arewa youths are already helping you in that regard so what are you still waiting for

3 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by EmeeNaka: 6:18am On Jul 11, 2017
I am a Biafran.
I do not accept division of Nigeria.
I do not even understand what restructuring mean either.
I need democracy, peace and Democratic leadership which is devoid of politics of exclusion.
And I think Nigeria need leaders that will always be ready to go into dialogue with any group,especially non violent group, anytime.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Yyeske(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
we're not concerned over a few paid off men..the people have spoken
Who spoke? Is it you and some other few clowns brainwashed by that albino you call Nnamdi kanu?

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by kuuljay(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2017
The same way this picture confuses me is the same with this Biafra matter

Ayam not understanding

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Yyeske(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
igbos are Ipob. Ipob are igbos.

Don't separate anyone

I thought igbos were your problem before? Now it's Ipob?
Igbo has never been IPOB, the great Igbo nation can never be, IPOB miscreants are just what they are..... jobless miscreants

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Markfemi2:
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Kingsley1000(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2017
AS AN IGBOMAN,I WANT ONE NIGERIA...NO MORE BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2017
EmeeNaka:
I am a Biafran.
I do not accept division of Nigeria.
I do not even understand what restructuring mean either.
I need democracy, peace and Democratic leadership which is devoid of politics of exclusion.
And I think Nigeria need leaders that will always be ready to go into dialogue with any group,especially non violent group, anytime.

GOOD TALK
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by saintmark88(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Nmandi KANU should leave the scene now that the ovation is still loud, if not ehn!!!
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by chiagozien(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2017
unity beggars are now happy because someone who is speaking with his stomach has say what they like.let that person who call himself ohaneze of no man's land come down to east and say that.i also read the part where he said the way
Nigeria would move forward
was when the Igbo and the
Yoruba come together to
build the country ,that shows that this are my mama say i be igbo,this time around they will not only back stab any fo¤l that want to trust them,they will front stab and deliver you to their master up north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Yyeske(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2017
chiagozien:
unity beggars are now happy because someone who is speaking with his stomach has say what they like.let that person who call himself ohaneze of no man's land come down to east and say that.i also read the part where he said the way
Nigeria would move forward
was when the Igbo and the
Yoruba come together to
build the country ,that shows that this are my mama say i be igbo,this time around they will not only back stab any fo¤l that want to trust them,they will front stab and deliver you to their master up north.
What's this kid saying? Hope you've started telling your people up north to start relocating

2 Likes

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by chiagozien(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2017
Yyeske:
What's this kid saying? Hope you've started telling your people up north to start relocating
grandpa you should be more worry on how to save osibabe from your master up north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by PointZerom: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
hmmm
Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Yyeske(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2017
chiagozien:
grandpa you should be more worry on how to save osibabe from your master up north.
He's alive but don't swerve yet, what are your plans for your friends and relatives before October 1st ultimatum.
Ask your grandparents too.
Hope your god and emperor Nnamdi kanu knows about your plans too

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbo Not Leaving Nigeria –ohanaeze Lagos by Blackfire(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
Ohaneze don receive alert

They don change mouth

Meanwhile, who's suffering from the war today?

Guy I love this pictures minus the tribalistic portion...

That spur and feeling of grass to Grace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Will Love This Article On Restructuring By Sheriff / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court / How Gowon And Awolowo Under Develop The Igbos After Biafran War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.