Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court (1364 Views)

Ikpeazu Swears In Abaribe’s Wife As Perm Sec. In Abia / Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Celcius: 7:02am On Oct 23, 2017
The Federal Government has replied to Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe’s application seeking to withdraw as one of the sureties for the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, describing the application as belated.

The government, in its counter - affidavit and written address filed before the Federal High Court in Abuja to oppose Abaribe’s request, told Abaribe that Kanu was in his custody and he had to produce him for the continuation of his trial.

It stated in its counter - affidavit that Abaribe was aware that Kanu “has long violated the bail conditions handed down by this honourable court” on April 24, 2017 before September 11 when he claimed to have lost contact with the defendant.

The counter - affidavit read in part, “That it was at this point at violating the conditions at the bail that the senator surety ought to surrender the 1 st defendant and or bring up this application; “ That this application is belated and ill- timed;
“ The applicant failed to apply to the court timeously, stating on oath that the defendant bound by recognizance to appear before this court had violated the bail condition given by this court.”

The prosecuting counsel, Mr. Shuaibu Labaran, argued in the written address that Abaribe “failed woefully” by allegedly aiding and abetting Kanu to flout his bail conditions.
The written address stated, “My lord, the surety has failed woefully to abide by the terms of the contract he entered into with this court and therefore cannot claim frustration.

“My lord, we urge that the court hold, that surety having refused to do what he ought to have done pursuant to section 174 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 aided and abetted the 1 st defendant in the flouting of the bail conditions of this court and should forfeit the bond he entered into.”
Denying that Kanu was not in the custody of the Nigerian Army, the Federal Government stated in its counter - affidavit that the defendant remained in Abaribe’s custody.

“That the military activities in Abia State tagged ‘ Operation Python Dance II’ was a routine exercise in its second year carried out by the military at the end of every year.

“That the 1 st defendant is not in the custody of the Nigerian military or any other security agency in that regard.
“That the 1 st defendant is in custody of the applicant ( Abaribe ).”

Kanu was absent from court when his case came up on October 17, 2017, but his co -defendants with whom he was being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony were produced in court by prison officials.

Abaribe’s lawyer, Ogechi Ogunna, informed the court of the motion by his client seeking to withdraw as Kanu’s surety but the judge said she would not hear it until the senator first produced the missing defendant.

She gave Abaribe and the two other sureties up till November 20 to produce the defendant in court.
Meanwhile, the Indigenous People of Biafra on Sunday insisted that the Federal Government of President Muhammadu Buhari knew the whereabouts of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

It asked the government to produce Kanu without further delay in order not to provoke the group to go into armed conflict with the government .
In a statement made available to our correspondent in Awka, Anambra State by the group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB accused Buhari and some leaders in the South-East geopolitical zone of conspiracy of silence on the issue.

The statement read, “We are asking Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Nnia Nwodo and South- East governors to produce Nnamdi Kanu because they or their representatives all participated in countless meetings in Abuja and Enugu where the modus operandi of the genocidal Operation Python Dance II was agreed and ratified.

“It was as a direct result of military invasion of the home of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and massacre of 28 innocent unarmed civilians with many missing that has led us to once again politely ask that our leader be presented to us dead or alive.

“It is becoming clear to everybody that Muhammadu Buhari, Nnia Nwodo and South East governors are desperately trying to draw IPOB into armed confrontation and militancy to justify their genocidal clampdown on innocent people of the South - East and South- South.”

http://punchng.com/nnamdi-kanu-is-in-abaribes-custody-fg-tells-court/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Spylord48: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu in Abaribe's house? This is really funny. if he is there What the function of DSS.? They should go and bring him out .
This country is funny eh. Accusations and counter accusations day in day out

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by NwaAmaikpe: 7:06am On Oct 23, 2017
shocked
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by NwaAmaikpe: 7:07am On Oct 23, 2017
shocked

Only Buratai can tell us what they did to Nnamdi Kanu.

Because the Nnamdi Kanu we know is an extremely brave man.
Far braver than the bravest men this country has ever known. He made Fela Anikulapo Kuti look like a learner.

Take it or leave it,
Nnamdi Kanu will never have ran away or escaped from the zoo army.
I was told the entire state was barricaded and there's no way he would have even escaped.

The army Chief and the dullard President don't know what they've gotten into.
I hope their zombies will be still hailing and cheering them on when they are being tried at the Hague for crimes against humanity and genocide.

Till then;
We respect Nnamdi Kanu the Great!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 7:11am On Oct 23, 2017
it will be a miracle if kanu is ever seen again . undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by dgr8truth(m): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2017

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 7:16am On Oct 23, 2017
Buhari is funny.
I just pity the judge if she fails to summon the useless military.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:16am On Oct 23, 2017
FG killed Nnamdi Kanu cry
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Bari22: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2017
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

Nnamdi Kanu is technically dead because of Buhari's military invasion of Kanu's house.

So Buhari must provide Kanu alive.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by bakila: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2017
Absolutely correct. When you sign a bond and stand surety, you take custody of an accused person from the court with the assurance that he will appear on the next adjourned date.
Abaribe should bring Kanu, who was granted bail to seek medical attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by bakila: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2017
Absolutely correct. When you sign a bond and stand surety, you take custody of an accused person from the court with the assurance that he will appear on the next adjourned date.
Abaribe should produce Kanu who was granted bail on his senatorial recognisance, to seek medical attention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2017
EternalTruths:

Nnamdi Kanu is technically dead because of Buhari's military invasion of Kanu's house.

So Buhari must provide Kanu alive.
and if kanu isnt produced , what will happen ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2017
bakila:
Abaribe should produce Kanu who was granted bail on his senatorial recognisance, to seek medical attention.

kanu just placed those guys in a difficult situation . but they too should have warned him . it seems they thought they will be using the situation to win ppls support . now the table has turned . the senators simply have to produce kanu, unless they will have their 100million forfeited or they can even be arrested, a lot will depend on the judge but i know the fg will insist on kanu been produced as that is the only way they can proof their innocence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by SalamRushdie: 7:35am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

He wont be seen again but the truth surrounding his death will one day see the light of day .. Same tging happended to Patrice Lumumba in the hands of Mobutu Sese Seko
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Throwback: 7:36am On Oct 23, 2017
Truly Abaribe should have longed approached the courts to retire his surety the moment Kanu began holding rallies and inaugurating security forces.

But Abaribe was a typical politician who hoped to ride on the Kanu popularity among Eastern almajiris.

Now all has fallen apart and he has become one of those hated by the IPOB almajiris who are still waiting to be rehabilitated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by SalamRushdie: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2017
Sebastine1994:
NOTICE! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!!
I made close to 5 million in two
weeks by getting 4000 friends
to advertise a company's
product on their timeline. Some
of them used the company's
logo as their cover photo on
facebook and instagram.
I offer companies to get people
to advertise their products.
Several companies mind you.
They give me cash and I get my
friends to become cheerleaders
of the company and their
product. Sometimes we take
some of their product to sell
and make a profit. We refer
people to them. We sing the
praise of various private schools
on social media and turn their
proprietors into legends with
grand stories we make up.
Finally I pay my workers or
colleagues. Some earn 100K.
The lowest is 1500 per week.
Join our thriving community
now. Call 07064869102 or send
text. Send your name and state
and make money working from
home. Advertising is big
business, that is how Nairaland
survives. Even facebook and
google

Stop lying to people Joor Advertising is not that easy in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Sebastine1994(m): 7:40am On Oct 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Stop lying to people Joor Advertising is not that easy in Nigeria .

it was not easy my friend but I say the need for a paradigm shift. I saw the need to crowdsource advertising and I am making it big time
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EmeeNaka: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2017
The case will fail. Federal govt activities towards Kanu will surely vindicate the Surety. it's not the Surety that will force the Accused to Obey bail conditions. it's instead the Surety that will make sure the Accused appear in all court sittings but as events has turned, Federal govt must be involved in searching for the accused until he is found and the Sureties will lose nothing.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

He wont be seen again but the truth surrounding his death will one day see the light of day .. Same tging happended to Patrice Lumumba in the hands of Mobutu Sese Seko
the issue is, once kanu is out of sight , with time the ipob issue will gradually die down , the same thing was done to caro wiwa and that killed the ogoni movement . kanu should have voluntarily and openly allowed himself to be arrested , by now his safety would have been the headache of the fg , because they know he must not die in the detention or secondly just simply vamoosed before they arrived

as you can see that even now the ipob noise is gradually dying down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by SalamRushdie: 7:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Sebastine1994:

it was not easy my friend but I say the need for a paradigm shift. I saw the need to crowdsource advertising and I am making it big time

So how many people do you have on your network now and where do you get adverts from
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Michael004: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2017
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Only Buratai can tell us what they did to Nnamdi Kanu.

Because the Nnamdi Kanu we know is an extremely brave man.
Far braver than the bravest men this country has ever known. He made Fela Anikulapo Kuti look like a learner.

Take it or leave it,
Nnamdi Kanu will never have ran away or escaped from the zoo army.
I was told the entire state was barricaded and there's no way he would have even escaped.

The army Chief and the dullard President don't know what they've gotten into.
I hope their zombies will be still hailing and cheering them on when they are being tried at the Hague for crimes against humanity and genocide.

Till then;
We respect Nnamdi Kanu the Great!!!
[/s]He should have came out during military regime na. So you were told. You weren't even there and you believe what you were told. Definitely you are a real zombie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:
and if kanu isnt produced , what will happen ?

Then you can't touch the bail money and the sureties.
Kanu wins Buhari your hero loses.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

the issue is, once kanu is out of sight , with time the ipob issue will gradually die down , the same thing was done to caro wiwa and that killed the ogoni movement . kanu should have voluntarily and openly allowed himself to be arrested , by now his safety would have been the headache of the fg , because they know he must not die in the detention or secondly just simply vamoosed before they arrived

as you can see that even now the ipob noise is gradually dying down

Your prediction gift is not working perfectly in this case.

Buhari went to Turkey to discuss IPOB issue of which the Turks him to repatriate 1000 Turks involved in the coup plot and Buhari declined.

If, IPOB is dead or dying according to your miscalculation, why then is Buhari discussing IPOB case with the Turks.?

Think Onatisi think very well

If IPOB case is dying, why then the discussion with the Turks about the issue of IPOB.?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2017
EternalTruths:

Then you can't touch the bail money and the sureties.

Kanu wins Buhari your hero loses.
you dont understand.
The court has given the ppl who signed kanu bond till next hearing to produce kanu, if they dont the court can give another date or issue an order for the sureties to be arrested or detained till kanu is produced or have their properties and money confisticated. That is the reason why the sureties want to pull out. But tou cant pull out when the person you stand for is no where to be found

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2017
EternalTruths:

Your prediction gift is not working perfectly in this case.

Buhari went to Turkey to discuss IPOB issue of which the Turks him to repatriate 1000 Turks involved in the coup plot and Buhari declined.

If, IPOB is dead or dying according to your miscalculation, why then is Buhari discussing IPOB case with the Turks.?

Think Onatisi think very well

If IPOB case is dying, why then the discussion with the Turks about the issue of IPOB.?

Go through the article where you saw the turkey trip and point out where it states 1000 security personnel were working for ipob. ipob was only one of the many issues discussed and I am very sure the discussion in ipob wont last more than 5mins. The truth is unless kanu is seen again iPOB IS DEAD

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

you dont understand.
The court has given the ppl who signed kanu bond till next hearing to produce kanu, if they dont the court can give another date or issue an order for the sureties to be arrested or detained till kanu is produced or have their properties and money confisticated. That is the reason why the sureties want to pull out. But tou cant pull out when the person you stand for is no where to be found

You are so funny.

In the next court hearing, the sureties will point to the military.

The military will be invited to explain why they invaded Kanu's house without a court order.

Then the drama will continue.

As for your miscalculation that IPOB is dead, read this link below to see how your hero Buhari is so bothered about IPOB that he had to visit Turkey and got a no from the Turks.

https://www.nairaland.com/4133035/buhari-averts-diplomatic-row-turkey
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2017
EternalTruths:

You are so funny.

In the next court hearing, the sureties will point to the military.

The military will be invited to explain why they invaded Kanu's house without a court order.

Then the drama will continue.

As for your miscalculation that IPOB is dead, read this link below to see how your hero Buhari is so bothered about IPOB that he had to visit Turkey and got a no from the Turks.

ok I hear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by EternalTruths: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2017
onatisi:

Go through the article where you saw the turkey trip and point out where it states 1000 security personnel were working for ipob. ipob was only one of the many issues discussed and I am very sure the discussion in ipob wont last more than 5mins. The truth is unless kanu is seen again iPOB IS DEAD

You are so funny and have allowed sentiments to becloud your judgment.

If IPOB is dead, why then did Buhari brought up the issue with the Turks in the link below.?

Onatisi use your number 6 to think this one through.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by Amarabae(f): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2017
The Army is responsible for Kanu's disappearance and should bring him out. Leave abaribe alone
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody, FG Tells Court by onatisi(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2017
EternalTruths:

You are so funny and have allowed sentiments to becloud your judgment.

If IPOB is dead, why then did Buhari brought up the issue with the Turks in the link below.?

Onatisi use your number 6 to think this one through.

Issokay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is The Strongest Man In West Africa-- Forbes / The Disgraceful End Of Victor Banjo( I Look After My Own - Ojukwu) / Is Niger State Truly Bigger Than The SouthWest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.