Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt (29041 Views)

Willian Is Chelsea's New No.10 As Pulisic Gets No.22, Abraham No.9 / Shanghai Greenland Shenhua: Ighalo Unveiled As No. 9 For Chinese Football Club / Nantes Retires Emiliano Sala's No. 9 Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by LegendVibes: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2017
The Belgian has chosen not to wear Wayne Rooney's No.10 jersey, instead opting for the number he carries at international level.

Romelu Lukaku has revealed he will wear the Manchester United No.9 shirt vacated after receiving "permission" from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Lukaku is set to complete his £75 million move from Everton in the coming hours after undergoing a medical on Saturday, and will meet up with his new team-mates in Los Angeles as they begin their pre-season preparations.

And he has revealed that he has already chosen to don the No.9 jersey, succeeding the departing Ibrahimovic in the iconic jersey.

"I always asked my mother what number, and I used to play with the 10 because my mother's birthday is on Oct. 10, so it's the 10th month of the year," he told ESPN.

"That's why I played with No. 10. I asked for the number nine because I'm a striker.

"Strikers play with No.9. It's a nice number, and I asked the permission of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I want to thank him, as well, for allowing me to wear that number."

The 24-year-old becomes the eighth United player to be given the number nine since the introduction of squad numbering in 1993. Brian McClair, Andy Cole, Louis Saha, Dimitar Berbatov, Radamel Falcao and Anthony Martial had all worn the shirt before Ibrahimovic arrived at the club last summer, with Martial being reallocated the number 11.

There was a belief that Lukaku may make a straight swap with Wayne Rooney, who has taken the Belgian’s Everton number 10 shirt after returning to Goodison Park. But the famous United number 10 remains vacant for now with Lukaku favouring the number he wears for his national team instead.

Lukaku could make his United debut on Saturday night when Jose Mourinho’s side take on LA Galaxy at the StubHub Center in their first pre-season fixture of the summer.

Source; http://drinosblog..is/2017/07/ibrahimovic-grants-romelu-lukaku.html

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by LegendVibes: 6:04am On Jul 11, 2017
More; http://drinosblog..is/2017/07/ibrahimovic-grants-romelu-lukaku.html

Lalasticlala Dominique Fynestboi Ijebabe Seun Mynd44

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by MrPdtech: 6:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Asin what Wetin him don play? Mtcheeewww

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by pressplay411(m): 6:14am On Jul 11, 2017
I hope he lives up to the excellence of that jersey.
BTW wassup with the deal with Morata?
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Dannieln1: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2017
No be say him and pogba go come form terror gang for Club instead of terror squad

Cos e come be like say pogba Don get partner in all crimes....

28 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by veekid(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
pressplay411:
I hope he lives up to the excellence of that jersey.
BTW wassup with the deal with Morata?

Mourinho dumped morata for lukaku, morata is now linked to Chelsea, the no 10 Jersey might be for James Rodriguez

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Mayydayy(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
The greats will always have those special numbers made sacred for them.thanks for sharing movich.
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Riosystem: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
Lukaku is Overated

21 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Amazing...

Minimum no of goals this season from Man Utd in premier league is 90 grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Sirpaul(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2017
calls for jubilation.....

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by TrillionBrains(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Lol, funny u. So ibra that already has an expired contract is the one granting the permission

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Victornezzar: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Riosystem:
Lukaku is Overated
u say that cos he was at Everton
If it was Real Madrid dat he banged all dose goals 4
u won't say dis

35 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
DareToAskZlatan
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by imohchard(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Mtcheew

what was the worth of the shirt to ibrahimovic in terms of goals and performance for man u?
he is not happy that young blood want to wear his pitiable number.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by difference5050: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Eyaaa I love ❤ this.but zlatan recover fast
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by ogorwyne(f): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
I pray this guy plays to expectations sha

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by softwerk(f): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
I get wet at the thoughts of Lukaku 'banging' in several goals for my darling Man United kiss

Mourinho is bae!

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Anoder flop in man -u just like demaria.. hit like in this coment if u no lukaku is a waste of money in Man-u. : grin

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by IamPatriotic(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
I hope he lives up to all these unnecessary hypes and media frenzy, because not many players delivers after much publicized stunts.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Marcelinho(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
u
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by marooh: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Is this insult or humble. ?

Ok oooo
Can bubu allow me to sit for NP sit just 1 hr?
grin
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by omonlaa: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
I can't believe the lion has stepped down.
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by marooh: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Is this insult or humble.

Ok oooo
Can bubu allow me to sit for NP sit just 1 hr?
grin
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by AndriaRich(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Permission That's bullshit! This Zlatan, he is good but too full of himself...
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Riosystem: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Victornezzar:
u say that cos he was at Everton If it was Real Madrid dat he banged all dose goals 4 u won't say dis
Let see what will happen at united.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Tapout(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
i hope he performs up to expectation.... No be to carry no 9 be the wahala
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2017
I love Ibra.. no homo
The Guys self confidence is just way way, out of this world.
e now come be like say without him permission Lukaku no for fit wear d number 9 jersey...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Victornezzar: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Riosystem:
Let see what will happen at united.
Yeah Bro
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by thisnaijaguy: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Maximum respect smiley
Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by holatin(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
am new to the internet, pls who are Abraham and lookandloo, are they Liberia fashion designer

1 Like

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
MrPdtech:
G
for goat

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahimovic Grants Lukaku Permission To Wear Man United's No.9 Shirt by mcayomind: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2017
lu kuku......... overrated player

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Messi: I Would Accept Ronaldo's Dinner Invitation / Germany Players Banned From Sex During World Cup / AWCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Senegal - 2 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.