Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" (12610 Views)

Don’t Get Bugged Down By Nigeria, Just Plan Your Exit. / How Dudafa Kept 10 Suitcases Full Of Hard Currency For Jonathan – EFCC / Lauretta Onochie Slams Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Only Attracted To Thieves" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Prinq: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2017
Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission of sending assassins after her.

Mrs. Jonathan said she had survived two of such attempts but urged the House of Representatives to quickly intervene before the EFCC would succeed in the alleged plot to eliminate her.

In a letter written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) & Co, Mrs. Jonathan said, “There have been assassination attempts, at least twice, between February and April, 2017, against our client ostensibly by the operatives of the EFCC along the Yenagoa-Mbaima Road, Bayelsa State, in furtherance of its unlawful actions against the former first family.”

Patience also accused the anti-graft agency of bugging her telephone lines, adding that agents of the commission had been sending threatening text messages to her.

The former President’s wife said, “The EFCC and its agents have repeatedly bugged the personal telephones of our client and her relations through its many operatives and has inundated her with numerous threatening calls and text messages.”

She said apart from the EFCC, other agencies of the government, like the Federal Inland Revenue Service had intimidated her.

Patience alleged that officials of the FIRS stormed her hotel in Bayelsa State two months ago and vandalised its properties.

Mrs. Jonathan added, “On May 3, 2017, officials of the FIRS, in a convoy of about 20 trucks and over 70 personnel, raided our client’s NGO – Aridolf Jo Resort Wellness and Spa Limited – situated at Kpansia Expressway, Bayelsa State, and orchestrated a massive destruction of personal properties belonging to our client without any lawful court order or search warrant and caused mayhem there under the guise of trying to collect unpaid taxes without following any due process provided by law to do so.”

She stated that apart from her bank accounts, the commission had frozen those of her relatives and her NGOs which she said were only carrying out charity work for the benefit of Nigerians.

Patience said the anti-graft agency had also seized properties belonging to her NGOs.

The spokesman for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, refused to react to the allegations levelled against the commission by Mrs. Jonathan when he was contacted on the telephone on Monday.

Meanwhile, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, on Monday, said the allegation by Mrs. Jonathan that the agency was harassing her was misleading and spurious.

The NDLEA also stated that the former President’s wife’s allegation was an attempt to take issue with the agency as it had no case against her.

Mrs. Jonathan had petitioned the House of Representatives through her lawyer, Granville Abibo, alleging that she was being subjected to continuous harassment by the EFCC and the NDLEA.

But the anti-narcotic agency, in a statement on Monday by its Head, Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju, said any individual, found culpable of drug trafficking and other related offences, would be duly prosecuted by the agency irrespective of his or her status.

Ofoyeju said, “Mrs. Jonathan’s allegation is spurious and misleading. NDLEA has no case against the former First Lady. It is rather surprising that the agency was mentioned in her petition when she is not being investigated.

“The NDLEA remains committed to the fight against drug cultivation, trafficking and abuse. It will not harass but those who violate the provisions of the Act, no matter their status, shall not go unpunished.”

http://punchng.com/efcc-sent-assassins-after-me-bugged-my-phones-patience/

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by CHOPUP411(m): 7:28am On Jul 11, 2017
Mama piss

16 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by PointZerom: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2017
PEJ you shall live. Don't mind useless APC killer squad.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by YourImaginaryBF: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2017
PointZerom:
PEJ you shall live.
to vomit all the yams she stole as first lady.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by PointZerom: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
to vote all the yams she stole whilst GEJ was president.

Where is Buhari?.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by raker300: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
to vomit all the yams she stole as first lady.
has Aisha vomited her halliburton yams?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by YourImaginaryBF: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2017
PointZerom:

Where is Buhari?.
PMB is in London. Anything else you'd like to ask?

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Xeedorf: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2017
This Oga-Madam no dey shame..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by raker300: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2017
CHOPUP411:
Mama piss
look yourself in the mirror before insulting someone else mr...

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Ijaya123: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Lamentation of a frustrated loser. Stale epistle meant for her type.

Second base abeg!

21 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Oladimejyy(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
PointZerom:
PEJ you shall live. Don't mind useless APC killer squad.
So you believe her that they sent assassin to her..
May God help you

50 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by raker300: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2017
Xeedorf:
This Oga-Madam no dey shame..
did you read the topic?

She should be ashamed of saying her house is bugged?

Mehn, some people slow undecided

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by raker300: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2017
Oladimejyy:
May God help you
but you believe Buhari is hale and hearty

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by PointZerom: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2017
Oladimejyy:
May God help you

Buhari's nyash fall on you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Oladimejyy(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
See this one..
Bird of a feather flocks together..

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by raker300: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Ijaya123:
Lamentation of a frustrated loser. Stale epistle meant for her type.

Second base abeg!
you aren't making any sense.

You talk like someone that signs his signature in block letters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Ijaya123: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
you aren't making any sense.

You talk like someone that signs his signature in block letters

One of her type spotted.

Next?

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by YourImaginaryBF: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
if you make allegations, you should produce facts. PEJ's involvement is clear for all,to see. We saw how it ended with her dragging the Efcc to court over $15million dollars she stole

13 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Anikulhapo(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2017
Mama piss, if I woss u ehn, ole

18 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by 989900: 8:03am On Jul 11, 2017
Drama Queen

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by kocvalour(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2017
mumu country where anything can Happen

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Prinq: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2017
kocvalour:
mumu country where anything can Happen

where are you staying pls
Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Prinq: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2017
989900:
Drama Queen

really
Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Prinq: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Prinq:
Mrs . Patience Jonathan, wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission of sending assassins after her.
Mrs . Jonathan said she had survived two of such attempts but urged the House of Representatives to quickly intervene before the EFCC would succeed in the alleged plot to eliminate her .
In a letter written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) & Co, Mrs . Jonathan said, “There have been assassination attempts , at least twice , between February and April, 2017 , against our client ostensibly by the operatives of the EFCC along the Yenagoa-Mbaima Road, Bayelsa State, in furtherance of its unlawful actions against the former first family.”
Patience also accused the anti - graft agency of bugging her telephone lines, adding that agents of the commission had been sending threatening text messages to her .
The former President ’s wife said, “The EFCC and its agents have repeatedly bugged the personal telephones of our client and her relations through its many operatives and has inundated her with numerous threatening calls and text messages. ”
She said apart from the EFCC , other agencies of the government , like the Federal Inland Revenue Service had intimidated her .
Patience alleged that officials of the FIRS stormed her hotel in Bayelsa State two months ago and vandalised its properties.
Mrs . Jonathan added, “ On May 3 , 2017, officials of the FIRS, in a convoy of about 20 trucks and over 70 personnel , raided our client ’s NGO – Aridolf Jo Resort Wellness and Spa Limited – situated at Kpansia Expressway , Bayelsa State, and orchestrated a massive destruction of personal properties belonging to our client without any lawful court order or search warrant and caused mayhem there under the guise of trying to collect unpaid taxes without following any due process provided by law to do so. ”
She stated that apart from her bank accounts, the commission had frozen those of her relatives and her NGOs which she said were only carrying out charity work for the benefit of Nigerians .
Patience said the anti - graft agency had also seized properties belonging to her NGOs.
The spokesman for the EFCC, Mr . Wilson Uwujaren , refused to react to the allegations levelled against the commission by Mrs. Jonathan when he was contacted on the telephone on Monday .
Meanwhile, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency , on Monday , said the allegation by Mrs . Jonathan that the agency was harassing her was misleading and spurious.
The NDLEA also stated that the former President’ s wife’s allegation was an attempt to take issue with the agency as it had no case against her.
Mrs . Jonathan had petitioned the House of Representatives through her lawyer, Granville Abibo , alleging that she was being subjected to continuous harassment by the EFCC and the NDLEA .
But the anti -narcotic agency, in a statement on Monday by its Head , Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju , said any individual, found culpable of drug trafficking and other related offences , would be duly prosecuted by the agency irrespective of his or her status .
Ofoyeju said, “Mrs . Jonathan’ s allegation is spurious and misleading. NDLEA has no case against the former First Lady. It is rather surprising that the agency was mentioned in her petition when she is not being investigated .
“ The NDLEA remains committed to the fight against drug cultivation, trafficking and abuse . It will not harass but those who violate the provisions of the Act , no matter their status , shall not go unpunished .”

SOURCE =>>>> http://webvibez..co.ke/2017/07/efcc-sent-assassins-after-me-bugged-my.html?m=1

Cc; OAM4J

Mynd44

Lalasticlala
Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by aolawale025: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2017
This lady is bold. For once someone is taking the fight to efcc. Enough of the witch hunts and media trials

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by aolawale025: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
if you make allegations, you should produce facts. PEJ's involvement is clear for all,to see. We saw how it ended with her dragging the Efcc to court over $15million dollars she stole

Pls enlighten us. Which government department or agency did she "steal" from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by lilytender: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2017
This woman is more stupid than we thought. FFK and Fayose have been attacking Buhari because their lives depend on that, yet they have not said that EFCC wants to kill them, instead they have been saying EFCC wants to arrest them. Mama Piss, even your gatemen, maids, cooks and gardeners whose accounts you thieving idiot kept stolen money have not be shouting. Afterall the money is in their account and they should be the ones to be worried.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by YourImaginaryBF: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2017
aolawale025:
This lady is bold. For once someone is taking the fight to efcc. Enough of the witch hunts and media trials
media trials? What was she fighting to retrieve when she first dragged the efcc to court? None of your family members dead and unborn can ever boast of $500,000k . But you'll defend PEJ who stole $15million dollars because of tribalism.

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by aolawale025: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
media trials? What was she fighting to retrieve when she first dragged the efcc to court? None of your family members dead and unborn can ever boast of $500,000k . But you'll defend PEJ who stole $15million dollars because of tribalism.

My brother you don't know me. Let's leave it at that.
Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by Ijaya123: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2017
raker300:
she's better than your entire generation put together.

Say a demented fellow.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" by YourImaginaryBF: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2017
aolawale025:

My brother you don't know me. Let's leave it at that.
you cannot boast of $50,0000k . That's all that matters.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Response To Pa Edwin Clark On Rivers State, Delta State And / PDP SW Congress: Melaye To Head Screening Committee, Fayose Group Kicks / CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.