Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,224 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Be Built Upon By God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Built Upon By God's Word (246 Views)

Proof That Catholic Popes Are Not Chosen By God: Endorsement Of Gay Sex. / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / How I Was Healed Of Shortsightedness By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Built Upon By God's Word by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2017
THE PURPOSE OF THE CHRISTIAN IN LIFE (PART II)
 TO BE BUILT UPON BY THE WORD OF GOD
The word of God is real. It is the blueprint which God Himself gave to man for man’s salvation, and continuous success and victory pertaining to all things in life. God’s word is infallible, it never fails, it is sure unto the foundations of the worlds, and to the end of it thereof. The bible in Isaiah 55:10-11 has this to tell us; “For as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it”.
God’s word is dependable. The child of God is built up by God’s word to the life of glory which God has packaged and kept in store for them. This is made clearer in the book of Acts 20:32, where it say, “And now brethren, I commend to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give an inheritance among all them which are sanctified’”.
As a Christian, you have to understand God’s word and live by and on it. God’s word is light. Let the word of God be your guide in all things that you do in life. Psalm 199:105 tells us “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”. David understood the importance of harkening unto the words which God brings to man. The word will make you that which God says you are.
The book of Hebrews 4:12 tells us this; “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart“. The heart of man, all his thoughts and intents are bare before God’s word. Nothing is hidden in the sight of God’s word. His word brings all hearts and intentions to judgment.
God’s word is the mirror for our life. When we look into His word, we see His will and direction for us as children of God. We know His mind concerning us and all that pertains unto us. When we continue in fellowship with God’s word, we see more of His glory revealed in our lives. We become more and more like Him, because the person and nature of God is revealed in His word, which is as sacred as God Himself. Thus the more we study His word, the more we know Him, the more we know His mind, will and direction for us, the more we see His glory and become more like Him. (2nd Corinthians 3:18)
As Christians, when we read God’s word, we need to pay attention to it, and to heed its precepts. (Hebrews 2:1-4). We have to read it with attention and intent, and observe to adhere and act it out in faith, thereby shall it be profitable unto us. (Hebrews 4:1-2).
Christianity is to be lived, it is not passive, Christianity is active. Actively living out God’s word. That is why you have to become God’s word, just as Christ Jesus was and is the word of God. We are to be like our lord Jesus Christ in living out the word of God. Let God’s word fill you, let His word get a foothold in your life, let His word be your guide, let it lighten up your path, and then shall His glory be seen in your life. And your light shall shine forth as the noonday. If you apply God’s word in every area of your life, be it your finances, job, academics, family, marriage, career, business, ministry etc, you shall surely see testimonies as you go forth, for the word of God is settled for eternity, as the great psalmist tells us in Psalm 119:89, “Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven”.
God’s word is sure, it steadfast. Make it your anchor, and you will never sink, fail, be disappointed nor defeated in life. Halleluiah!

https://emmadimoko..com/2017/07/the-purpose-of-thechristian-in-life_11.html
Done

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord! / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.