Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri (15910 Views)

U.S. Coast Guard Chases Submarine Carrying ₦84Billion Worth Of Cocaine(Pic/Vids) / SARS Chases Ambrose Alli University Student, He Falls Inside Well, Dies / FRSC Official Chases Traffic Violator "James Bond" Style In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by JosWatchDog(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2017
A 14-year-old pupil was crushed to death on Monday by a fast-moving vehicle while being pursued by a masquerader, aka okorosha, at Ogbaku, in the Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State.

A witness said that the boy, who was on his way to school at about 9am, took to his heels on sighting the masquerader, while the masquerader took advantage of his fright to chase him till he ran into the path of the vehicle on the Onitsha-Owerri Road, a few metres from a police division in the area.

After the incident, the masquerader was said to have mixed with other masqueraders, leaving the boy in a pool of blood.

Another witness, Mr. Linus Iwuji, blamed the community leaders for allowing the masqueraders to roam freely on busy roads rather than restricting them to the village square.

“I blame the community leaders for allowing the masqueraders to walk about chasing people. They and their guides even rob and rape women at late hours,” Iwuji said.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Andrew Enwerem, confirmed the incident.
He added that the police were investigating the incident.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/07/masquerader-chases-student-to-death-in.html

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Geekhard: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2017
End-time masquerade. Agent of darkness. Police do the needful.
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by PointZerom: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Blame Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2017
Masquerade go learn work u no gree na to dey do Masquerade na weting you want do
Now you don kill person child

Sense fall on you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Omg so d boy just died like that, Y is the heart of ipob wicked, Now what has he gained from this, Dis Igbos are giving we d igbos black, dat is y people are always insulting us
PointZerom:
Blame Buhari
I don't blame u cos u can never have sense

5 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Finestface(f): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
That man should answer for his crime, masquerade apart

2 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Neduzze5(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
I suspect he is an Afonjatic masquerade.

What is the Eiye Masquerade doing in Igbo land?

2 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by fixedhollies(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
RIP young soul... Please unveil the masquerade.
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by eleojo23: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
I hate this masquerade thing.

Why should they always chase and flog people?

And the pathetic thing is that even grownup men will be running from them to avoid getting flogged.

What kind of nonsense is that?

7 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by SageTravels: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Mr Lai Masqurede

1 Like

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Religion is killing more people than diseases

1 Like

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by planetx13: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Is being a masquerade now a job..... too bad. R. I. P to the dead
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Igboesika: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2017
They should just burn that man and that rubbish he's putting on.

1 Like

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Neduzze5(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2017
fixedhollies:
A

For Afonja
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Neduzze5(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Igboesika:
N

For NutriMilk
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2017
the things we hear thesedays ehn
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by alcmene: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Masqeurade named Okorocha

The pot-bellied fuul should be arrested asap
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by kingrt2(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
OK
See signature
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Neduzze5(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
planetx13:
t

For Tinubu
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by victor44843(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
WTF
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by mrmrmister: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Neduzze5:

The worst thing that could ever happen to a man is to have a dormant brain.

I feel really sad for you, from the bottom of my heart.

4 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by maxiuc(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Ogbaku and Masquerades

This people can like Masquerades

Imagine masquerade hiding inside bush waiting for you to pass then will engage you in a running contest

Shit shit

Rip young Prof

1 Like

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by deriksneh(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
nigeria halloween extremly dangerous
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by cathlic(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Did you see that?
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Neduzze5:

Shey you blind ni?

2 Likes

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Taiwo20(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
ezenmau.....epesu....Yoruba
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by SK3NKI(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
In this Nigeria anything can kill u, d next we'll hear now is "man dies from sitting @ home and watching tv" cry
Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by Soljaboi44(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
how dem wan take judge the case

Meanwhile ==>

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by lordnaruto: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2017
All these masquerades self, all in the name of ancestors, make ancestors go sit down for one corner o, dem dey beat irunmole o. grin.
Those Eastern masquerades should be careful thou, there should be proper counseling and screening before anyhow person go just go pick up the costume . during my NYSC days in the east then , i could remember meeting 2 masquerades like that on my way back to lodge, and na bushpart, i use style run as dem dey near me, no one was here o, only for my students to be laughing at me the next day, saying if not that i was nice to them then, the masquerades would have flogged me, IMAGINE, I 4 kill one of the that day, lolz.

1 Like

Re: Masquerader Chases Student To Death In Owerri by mzwamba(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Chai!! end time masquerade

(1) (2) (Reply)

EndSARS Memorial: What's Happening In Your Area? / Fulani Herdsmen Attack And Injure A Man In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Police Arrest Man Who Stole A Phone In Church In Ogun (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.