Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos (39403 Views)

Borno Donates 70 Patrol Vehicles To ‎Army, Police, Others, To Fight Boko Haram / Sanwo-olu Donates 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles To Security Forces / Shallow Grave Where General Alkali Was Buried Discovered By Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by sshalom(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good news!
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by MaeBlocks(f): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
You will be surprised to know how many different fields the Nigerian Army has. They have carpenters, mechanics, doctors, nurses, drummers, wrestlers, artist, painters, singers, tailors, infact whatever skill you can think of, you will find there. But everyone must know how to use the gun in case there is war.

GQman:
E be like say Army don dey recruit mechanic, vulcanizer and welder dem.
Na small small sha.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Ewedegubbler: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
The vehicles front looks like a snippers pepper soup... Good luck to you guys on the battlefield..
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Samabu07(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
GQman:
E be like say Army don dey recruit mechanic, vulcanizer and welder dem.
Na small small sha.
Army has their own mechanic and engineers..it would be better when we don't expect much from them cool
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
naija247:
Very good development, we don't need to buy everything from abroad.

Good development? You realize it has zero protection against an M4, M2 or even a pistol. This vehicle makes no sense to a soldier in combat.

2 Likes

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by joenor(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice one, the car seem to be very rugged and would be good for the forest.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Good development? You realize it has zero protection against an M4, M2 or even a pistol. This vehicle makes no sense to a soldier in combat.
Are you sure?

US army soldiers using a similar vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Ijaya123: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
post=58344099:
Abeg shut your traps. You that is saying sensible things why not comment your own as I comment my own..

You should rather open your brain and put it to good and beneficial use instead of those senseless comments.

No offense intended.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by XKZ(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
The Nigerian Army yesterday inaugurated locally fabricated Infantry Patrol Vehicles (IPV) that would enhance troops operations across the country.

Suicide Patrol Vehicle (SPV)

Others are bulking up on armour and some is sending soldiers to the war front in vehicles open on all sides!!!
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by AMA2301(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is a welcome development but I think more should be done. Like a bulletproof glass cover for the driver and the mask man![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by mikolo4us: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Motor Without Cover na Motor...and Una call am Military Combat Vehicle...Na the first users naim Boko go use shine....
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by DonBobes(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
quiverfull:
Indeed this is a good development. However, I'm not an automobile design engineer, but common sense dictates that a military craft should have both defense and offense mechanisms. The occupants of those automobiles are way too exposed. The vehicles should have some cover/protection.
U r right on the one hand but on the other it's open cos it will give the occupants good view when returning fire, 2ndly a better observation is enhanced too.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by dacovajnr: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Guyman02:
This vehicle does not guarantee troop protection from snipers, where is the armoured cover for the driver and passenger? embarassed
Boko-haram now have snipers?

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Gofwane(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
quiverfull:
Indeed this is a good development. However, I'm not an automobile design engineer, but common sense dictates that a military craft should have both defense and offense mechanisms. The occupants of those automobiles are way too exposed. The vehicles should have some cover/protection.
such vehicles are use for fire power demonstration. Read the whole article. Thanks
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

Are you sure?

US army soldiers using a similar vehicle?

Guy, That is a training exercise. I have been to 3 deployments and we used either a humvee or an MRAP. No commander will send his soldiers into harms way without either one or the other. The commander will be fired the next day. We are not crazy.

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
The only fault I see here is they shouldn't all be facing the same direction, the guy at the back should face the back in the event of an ambush. It's still a nice development though; kudos to the NA engineers
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
We all know its the igbo boys in the military that built these beautiful vehicles. Left with the aboki-carmo boys dey will depend on the 'hilux ' like their ofonja bros dem.

Kudos to them all in general cos i know say na team work accomplish the assignment.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Jamorezzi: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's cool , but it's not really covered for attack , an ak could easily take out the driver and the man next to him .
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by henrygale(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
quiverfull:

Also, asides being too exposed, the offensive angle seems way too short.....I mean the guns can't move 180° i.e. 90° on both sides without obstruction,esp for the gun beside the driver .....which isn't too good too.
But then, its a laudable achievement atleast we are seen making something ourselves. We just need to improve/upgrade.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by EbonyX(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Infantry Patrol Vehicles (IPV) used by the US military.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by tonguengineer(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Na u mumu pass...........and I knw sey ordinary iron u no fit operate
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Guy, That is a training exercise. I have been to 3 deployments and we used either a humvee or an MRAP. No commander will send his soldiers into harms way without either one or the other. The commander will be fired the next day. We are not crazy.

That's a US Army special forces team in training. Every soldier trains with the equipment he would deploy with. I have attached a Photo showing US special forces on deployment in Uganda. You can clearly see the vehicle is visible.

No Sir, mission requirements determine equipment to be deployed. You attached photos of an MRAP and a Humvee.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

That's a US Army special forces team in training. Every soldier trains with the equipment he would deploy with. I have attached a Photo showing US special forces on deployment in Uganda. You can clearly see the vehicle is visible.

No Sir, mission requirements determine equipment to be deployed. You attached photos of an MRAP and a Humvee.

Why are you repeating what I just said? Keyword here is training. We are not s.tupid. Are you in the U.S army? Why are you trying to educate me on my own profession? Mission requirements determine what we use but standard SOP for every combat team is to go in heavy and we'll protected. No exceptions. You can access Youtube right? Show me a vehicle in Iraq and Afghanistan that is not heavily armoured. Una go just de Google come think say una be expert.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by EbonyX(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
IPV used by US Navy seal.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Why are you repeating what I just said? Keyword here is training. We are not s.tupid. Are you in the U.S army? Why are you trying to educate me on my own profession? Mission requirements determine what we use but standard SOP for every combat team is to go in heavy and we'll protected. No exceptions. You can access Youtube right? Show me a vehicle in Iraq and Afghanistan that is not heavily armoured. Una go just de Google come think say una be expert.
You keep making mumu comments, i wonder how you got into the US Army you claim to be in.

Mumu, read properly, the Nigerian IPV is not to be used as a regular MRAP or APC. It is not going to deploy so, as it wasn't built so.

Get it into your thick skull.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by orjaha(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
good development,
we are coming up, may God take us there.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by blackboy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
Suicide mission vehicle. Hmm
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
quiverfull:
Protection is not necessary cos they built it to harass civilians. Whenever they need vehicles to combat other rival armies they would know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

You keep making mumu comments, i wonder how you got into the US Army you claim to be in.

Mumu, read properly, the Nigerian IPV is not to be used as a regular MRAP or APC. It is not going to deploy so, as it wasn't built so.

Get it into your thick skull.

Lol. grin The mumu change topic quick quick when e see say e don phuck up. Lol. I think you know pass soldier.
Meanwhile, obviously you cannot read;

Buratai said that the platform would further serve as force motivation, as efforts were being stepped up to clear remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in the Northeast, noting that the vehicles had already been deployed to the region

S.tupid boy, the vehicles have already been deployed to a war zone. Ode.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Lol. grin The mumu change topic quick quick when e see say e don phuck up. Lol. I think you know pass soldier.
Meanwhile, obviously you cannot read;

Buratai said that the platform would further serve as force motivation, as efforts were being stepped up to clear remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in the Northeast, noting that the vehicles had already been deployed to the region

S.tupid boy, the vehicles have already been deployed to a war zone. Ode.

You don use all the sense wey dey inside ur head cook soup.

Different missions are carried out in the AOR. You have regular infantry deployed, we have light infantry deployed, special Forces and reconnaissance teams.

This vehicle would not be deployed in a direct action role. Here is how it would be deployed

"The infantry patrol vehicle (ipv) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the ipv has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The ipv is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

You claim to be in the US military, na beg i dey beg you so, no go carry M-4 shoot yourself Abeg. Because ur mumu don pass be careful.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

You don use all the sense wey dey inside ur head cook soup.

Different missions are carried out in the AOR. You have regular infantry deployed, we have light infantry deployed, special Forces and reconnaissance teams.

This vehicle would not be deployed in a direct action role. Here is how it would be deployed

"The infantry patrol vehicle (ipv) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the ipv has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The ipv is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

You claim to be in the US military, na beg i dey beg you so, no go carry M-4 shoot yourself Abeg. Because ur mumu don pass be careful.

Are you this dumb or you are just pretending? Do you even understand what you are copying? What does "It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations" mean to you? You sure you went to school? grin
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by kuuljay(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
hopily:
Nice but can't be used at night since it has no lamps
there are lamps look closely at the roof

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola, Others Play Football At UNIBEN 1987 Law Class Reunion (Photos) / Shehu Sani Interacts With Beggars In Kaduna (Photo) / Nurse Abducted By Boko Haram In Rann Speaks: ‘Tell My Parents I’m In Trouble’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.